• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time our teams met, the line was LSU by two, UGA ended up winning by more than ten, IIRC... Just sayin'. I think we have as good a chance as Alabama, and a better chance than Arkansas ever had to dethrone the tigers. LSU hasn't played against a bona fide passing QB all season— and Murray has more viable receivers than he had last year Mitchell looks about as good as AJ Green did in his last year before drafting out.

When we run the ball, we can be explosive, but I think mostly you'll see UGA running to set up a pass, and Murray going with a lot of play action. I don't think you'll see much in the way of dive plays unless Richt/bobo decide its been too long since we've turned the ball over. I like The honey Badger for heisman, but I don't think he has a big game here.

The Dome isn't going to be much of a factor. You'll surely see a lot of red, but there's a serious katrina diaspora here, plus LSU fans love to travel for their team. IDK— I like going into this as an underdog. The line right now is 13.5. I definitely like UGA to beat that spread, maybe even to win. We've decided to watch the game at ChickenDick's place, so there can be someone to call us on both our bullshits. Also, Its kenickerbear, not Pandnickie.

hopefully Mark Richt doesn't under-think this game. what he decides to do offensively will make a HUGE difference on UGA's chances of keeping this game close, or even winning for that matter. you're right PB, UGA needs to set up their passing game via their run game. hopefully Richt realizes that he shouldn't just go all out, guns-a-blazing, and throw the ball WAY too much. he needs to mix in some RB Draw plays and some play-action pass plays to keep that crazy-good LSU defense honest. he also needs to run some bootlegs with UGA's Murray. I wouldn't say Murray has wheels of fire for speed, but he has a good enough Elway/Roethlisberger type of speed burst

and sometimes I don't realize ya'll are joking with this Honey Badger 4 Heisman campaign. trust me, you know that me of all people wish that defensive players could/would get the Heisman, but I just don't see it happening. the only defensive Heisman winner ever was Charles Woodson in 1997 for disgusting Michigan. that's lame, but shows you how difficult that path is. although Honey Badger runs back kicks and punts, so that always helps. but if a guy like Ndamakang Suh didn't get... it just ain't happenin'

#occupyheisman

I'm not joking— i'm serious as cancer. I just think the highlight reel hegemony of the qb/rb scene has got to stop. That's only half the game, people.

My hope is that Georgia (or at least certain squads) can just settle in and do their thing. If the UGA passrush is as solid as it was against tech, they alone can change the flow of a game.

LSU has got a lot of weapons though, and I hate the feeling I get of seeing into the future of me rereading this a week from now shaking my head in disgust at myself for being so dumb, while kenickie continues to act like a brat about her team. /shudders

#occupyafuckingbadmooduntilseptember

again, I agree on you with the QB/RB favoritism. well, it's even more dastardly than favoritism when seemingly those are the only options annually

however, you know that Honey Badger, despite how amazing he is defensively (it's so weird seeing you gush over a rival school's star, alas, that's how you Ess Eee See folks roll ;)) he has NO chance winning the Heisman this year. this is the collegiate Year of the Andrew Luck, or maybe you have missed the media's constant, forced oral barrage of media (videos/interviews/stats/highlights) relating to Andrew Luck and how he is going to be the no-questions-asked savior of whatever sorry NFL team that has lost every single footbaw game of the season, and I'm looking West to your direction, Indianapolis ;)

Andrew Luck is winning the Heisman this year. ESPiN might be force-feeding us #7 this year, but he is having a monster year as a passer

it's too bad Jordan Jefferson sucks balls at QB for LSU. well, I will give JJ a little bit in saying that he has at least stepped up his game this year and improved a bit (isn't he a senior finally?). I remember some horrid Quarter-backing from Jefferson in the last 2 or so years

+ 1 on reading your post in a week from now, and getting a sick feeling in your stomach due to your team losing the game you were then portending. posts on Message Boards go a bit against our overall good concerning the topic of Sports. and the reason why MBs suck for Sports is because of the fact that every single sentence we once did write about the subject at hand, is stored forever, it's foolishness on a neon pedestal for the entire laughing, mocking, and baseless Sports community to see. but the other edge of this hypothetical sword is that for that very same reason, Sports are even better to discuss on MBs ;)

damn I need ya'll to remind myself to STFU every once in a while. I literally could shoot the Sports shit for hours-on-end

in the meantime, here are comparative pics of comedian Daniel Tosh and current USCw H/C Lane Kiffin:

lane-kiffin-ut-presser.jpg

DT2_0.jpg

am I the only one that sees a resemblance?

Am I the only one who thinks Matt Barkley might actually be a better QB than Andrew Luck? If I had to pick first in the draft (assuming Barkley declared), I'm not sure that I'd pick Luck.

Doesn't Barkley just look like the most stereotypical QB that you could possibly imagine? Like, he's straight from an EA sports game or something. It's really incredible.

Last edited:
because luck looks like a bridge troll and serge gainsbourg had a baby, and barkley looks like jared leto.

again, I agree on you with the QB/RB favoritism. well, it's even more dastardly than favoritism when seemingly those are the only options annually

however, you know that Honey Badger, despite how amazing he is defensively (it's so weird seeing you gush over a rival school's star, alas, that's how you Ess Eee See folks roll ;)) he has NO chance winning the Heisman this year. this is the collegiate Year of the Andrew Luck, or maybe you have missed the media's constant, forced oral barrage of media (videos/interviews/stats/highlights) relating to Andrew Luck and how he is going to be the no-questions-asked savior of whatever sorry NFL team that has lost every single footbaw game of the season, and I'm looking West to your direction, Indianapolis ;)

Andrew Luck is winning the Heisman this year. ESPiN might be force-feeding us #7 this year, but he is having a monster year as a passer

it's too bad Jordan Jefferson sucks balls at QB for LSU. well, I will give JJ a little bit in saying that he has at least stepped up his game this year and improved a bit (isn't he a senior finally?). I remember some horrid Quarter-backing from Jefferson in the last 2 or so years

+ 1 on reading your post in a week from now, and getting a sick feeling in your stomach due to your team losing the game you were then portending. posts on Message Boards go a bit against our overall good concerning the topic of Sports. and the reason why MBs suck for Sports is because of the fact that every single sentence we once did write about the subject at hand, is stored forever, it's foolishness on a neon pedestal for the entire laughing, mocking, and baseless Sports community to see. but the other edge of this hypothetical sword is that for that very same reason, Sports are even better to discuss on MBs ;)

damn I need ya'll to remind myself to STFU every once in a while. I literally could shoot the Sports shit for hours-on-end

I've been avoiding this thread recently because I'm trying not to get so super excited about this game. We're going to win and it will be glorious. I'm all in for Honeybadger to win the Heisman, but I'm also in it for Trent Richardson to win it, or shit, RG3. The only game I've seen Andrew Luck play in this year was awful. He was being picked off all over the place and just looked absolutely fucking terrible. I certainly didn't feel any fucking jesusmessiah feelings for him, staring at him and his ugly mug. I also just love going for the darkhorse candidate. Newton won last year, and is doing fine for the Panthers, but look how much better Keni's darkhorse from last year is doing;

Arizona-Cardinals-Patrick-Peterson-right-runs-a.jpg

only played in 11 games but has tied the NFL record for punts returned for touchdowns. ahh Peterson.

Trent Richardson apparently is in the lead for the Heisman (according to ESPN this morning) and I'm fine with that. the man has monster stats on deck. 137 yards average against SEC defenses?

MAD respekt.

RG3 had me at the glorious upset of TCU. Chickenshit told us that Baylor would be ripe for an upset, and they were. RG3 looked great, beating TCU and Oklahoma.

I can't think about LSU Georgia because now I'm all anxious about it. Is it saturday yet? Our roommate T's dad is a ref for college basketball, and last night he came in and blazed a bleezy with us in a Big East conference shirt. We basically told him to get us all the SEC swag his dad gets and he was totally down for it.

SEC TINY BACKPACKS HERE WE COME NIGGAS.

we also asked for any hideous creamsicle orange articles with Ts on them because we're too broke to get chickendick a christmas present. <3

so the SEC Championship Game, played this weekend in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, is between UGA and LSU

LSU is clear and away the best team in college footbaw. Les Miles has them prepared each and every weekend, no matter the various distractions along the way this season, and LSU's secondary are almost the same size as LSU's linebacking corps. but faster. that's damn scary

I only wish that I was watching this Ess Eee See CG at Pander Bear's and Kenickie's house (they have a really nice, big house btw). I say we demand that Panderckie post a couple pics of them together, swagged out in their respective team's colors, arm-in-arm ;) it will be like those old, yet awesome, CFB commercials that had a couple - the man with tOSU gear and the woman in Michigan gear - cuddling and watching a movie with the sudden byline "this wouldn't be gross if not for CFB" lol

so who are we all taking? LSU over UGA, right? I envision that UGA has a slim chance of winning, if only UGA QB Aaron Murray plays like he has been in the latter half of the CFB season. I reckon (and correct me if I'm wrong PB) that Murray started the season off a little slow, but gradually picked up his game to the decent pace he has going since the last half of the season till now. I forget also, does Murray have any stud WRs at his disposal this year? if it's one thing UGA constantly churns out, even more than QBs, it's their slew of NFL-ready wide outs!

I'll be on the safe side and go with LSU by ten points. however, I like to represent the Dawgs in the SEC and I will be cheering for an upset win!

just imagine the bullshit turmoil the Bullshit Championship Series will be in if their Golden School, LSU, gets beat! it's enough to get me to half-mast just by typing the thought!!

Your only taking LSU by 10? They destroyed my razorbacks who have the best receiving corp in the nation and the hottest qb in the SEC. Most YPG and pssing YPG and they straight dismantled us and had tyler wilson running scared. I just dont see UGA doing much against that D. Its just ridiculous.

it will be a tight game at the half, but LSU will end up winning by at least 17. i say 34 to 17.

second half will probably be a snooze fest.

can't wait to see what leach can do at washington state

a coach and a university that i think are highly likable

LSU could win by more, I'm just going to go conservative here

Barkley doesn't look like Jared Leto? and Andrew Luck needs to know how to grow a real beard. man, both of these QBs are U-G-L-Y. makes you miss the days of Matt Leinart + Mark Sanchez, the golden days of Cali-boy QBs no doubt doing beer bongs with some fresh poon

Umm Tyler Wilson only played one game last year and it was against auburn when Mallet got hurt. And in 2.5 qrts that game he had about 340 yds and 3 td's homie. Ummmm and those links completely prove that tyler wilson has better stats all the way around. You sure your reading right? Also he doesnt have his best offensive weapon in kniles davis either. Our running game is about as existent as the lochness monster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/34214/hogs-wilson-a-finalist-for-manning-award

yeah, your team is shit out of luck without a good run game in conferences like the SEC, Big Ten, and even at times the absurdly pass-happy Big 12

yea I expected an 8-4 type year with losing mallet and kniles davis being hurt but wilson and those recievers have had some crazy success. And our D has finally learned how to tackle allthough trent richardson and most of LSU still eludes them every time.

Umm Tyler Wilson only played one game last year and it was against auburn when Mallet got hurt. And in 2.5 qrts that game he had about 340 yds and 3 td's homie. Ummmm and those links completely prove that tyler wilson has better stats all the way around. You sure your reading right? Also he doesnt have his best offensive weapon in kniles davis either. Our running game is about as existent as the lochness monster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/34214/hogs-wilson-a-finalist-for-manning-award

im not your homie, bro. tell me where i'm mistaken.

and you can just shut the fuck up because your team sucks dicks.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...igers-gamecocks-rhetoric-to-prolific-heights/

Dabo Swinney, head coach of the Clemson Tigers: What a fucking douchebag. Never trust a grown man named Dabo. I lost all respect I had for the guy. Way to talk shit about the school that whooped your ass three years in a row (34-17, 29-7, 34-13), THE University of South Carolina. Especially when Spurrier didn't say that shit and has been nothing but respectful to you fuckers.

Dabo's getting roasted on http://twitter.com/#!/search/daboswinneyproblems . I love how our baseball players (back-to-back National Champions) are getting back at that ass-clown.

lol #DaboSwinneyProblems

Status
Not open for further replies.