• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2011-2012 college football thread v. SEC circle jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.
never underestimate that power of being from Ohio and liking footbaw, my dear friend

it's a god damn religion up here. as I've said before, it's the only Northern state that can hold a candle to the South's passion

listened to the press conference, yup, Urbz is here. I feel bad for the rest of the Big Ten, they are going to get dominated for another ten years

From my experience watching new coaches in new programs, expect the first year to suck.

If you do not see marked improvement in year two, rally against the motherfucker. Year two is where the biggest leap from average to great occurs if a coach still has it in him.

Obviously, Meyer comes with some questions, but it was the best hire possible. As much as I hated the guy when he was coaching Florida, I warmed to him a bit when he was in the booth. One of the few guys to defend Miami in the media, and one of the few guys who actually had anything poignant to say ever when calling a game.

Now I'm going to have to hate him again if he is successful. Oh well, I have more than enough hatred to go around :X

Chris petersen is still THE brass ring. I wish I knew what he's holding out for. I doubt UCLA has it to offer, though. ;)

Chris petersen is still THE brass ring. I wish I knew what he's holding out for.

family stuff, doesn't want to leave boise because of his son that had that brain tumor. he has a lot of pride in his town and doesn't want to move his family. at least, that's what he always says. somehow, i believe him.

I didn't know about the brain tumor thing. That changes stuff. I don't buy the "boise is so nice, I don't think i'd like to ever leave it" argument.

hey boise is a hipster paradise! small, flat, bike friendly, lots of hXc local bands, it's got a great SCENE and rowdy farm boys, or something.

I didn't know about the brain tumor thing. That changes stuff. I don't buy the "boise is so nice, I don't think i'd like to ever leave it" argument.

yea, he wants to be close to the medical staff that took care and continues to take care of his kid.

he also talks a lot about boise being a safe place to raise a family. and he's right, boise is pretty awesome. that said, if it wasn't for his kids tumor, i would imagine he'd jump on a big time job somewhere else in a heart beat.

fucking kids and their stupid tumors.

tailgating there looked like blue and orange sturgis for people not cool enough to ride motorcycles.

eat_the_kids_first.jpg

"Knox county is a nice place to raise a kid who isn't going to live much longer." —Tennessee AD

i went to the original Albertsons when i was in boise. and smoked pot with some spray paint huffers and a stinky farm boy in overalls. i assume this is what boise is like all the time.

i went to the original Albertsons when i was in boise. and smoked pot with some spray paint huffers and a stinky farm boy in overalls. i assume this is what boise is like all the time.

that's because those are the kind of people that you attract.

lock up your fucking daughters because this guy is a sandusky-level threat to teen sluts ;)

lol. wtf to the last page of conversation

college offenses, NFL DC Rob Ryan is sneering at mouthing the words in press conferences. but what college has over pros is its ability to score more points per game, for most fans. five years ago it was the zone-read that got all the attention, and it was used a little bit in the NFL still to this day. last year, it was all about Oregon's offense. this year, I have to say NCAA offensively speaking is mostly about getting your ass to the line of scrimmage and hiking that ball ASAP - like Houston, Toledo, Oklahoma, and Oregon. when the Giants were getting their ass-kicked by New Orleans last night, and they were trying to come back, I thought - why the hell are they not even in any sort of hurry-up whatsoever??

Ron Zook is finally fired. I actually give him many props because he took Illinois 6-0 for the first half of the season, to 0-6 for the last half of the season. I mean, that takes some serious skill, right? I wish I could be bad at my job for so long and still get paid so much

Zook and Neuheisel should go into business together opening a chain of Oatmeal by the ounce stores.

so the SEC Championship Game, played this weekend in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, is between UGA and LSU

LSU is clear and away the best team in college footbaw. Les Miles has them prepared each and every weekend, no matter the various distractions along the way this season, and LSU's secondary are almost the same size as LSU's linebacking corps. but faster. that's damn scary

I only wish that I was watching this Ess Eee See CG at Pander Bear's and Kenickie's house (they have a really nice, big house btw). I say we demand that Panderckie post a couple pics of them together, swagged out in their respective team's colors, arm-in-arm ;) it will be like those old, yet awesome, CFB commercials that had a couple - the man with tOSU gear and the woman in Michigan gear - cuddling and watching a movie with the sudden byline "this wouldn't be gross if not for CFB" lol

so who are we all taking? LSU over UGA, right? I envision that UGA has a slim chance of winning, if only UGA QB Aaron Murray plays like he has been in the latter half of the CFB season. I reckon (and correct me if I'm wrong PB) that Murray started the season off a little slow, but gradually picked up his game to the decent pace he has going since the last half of the season till now. I forget also, does Murray have any stud WRs at his disposal this year? if it's one thing UGA constantly churns out, even more than QBs, it's their slew of NFL-ready wide outs!

I'll be on the safe side and go with LSU by ten points. however, I like to represent the Dawgs in the SEC and I will be cheering for an upset win!

just imagine the bullshit turmoil the Bullshit Championship Series will be in if their Golden School, LSU, gets beat! it's enough to get me to half-mast just by typing the thought!!

Status
Not open for further replies.