• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2006 NFL Thread

yea if the saints were in the game it would be so much better thats why they got blown out by 24 points in the nfc championship game. there great o got completly shut down by the bears d that was missing their all pro safety and dt.

i put 200 on the money line with the bears to the over

bears_r_65.gif

yep the bears got out played and out coached congrats to the colts the better teasm won today

hell yeah, I just won half a grand. I knew Grossman would prove to be lame and Joseph Addai was someone who impressed me ALL YEAR. did he get the MVP? I didn't watch it that far through.

everyone remembers who won the SB last year, THE STEELERS. if you thought last year's SB was boring then you must have fallen asleep for this year's SB, BA.

and the Browns will never go to the SB. never :)

You won $500?

Jim, you have a serious gambling problem.

Also, you're gay.

In other news, here is my summary of the last 2 weeks.

The Media: "Coach, are you worried that Rex Grossman sucks as the game of football?"

Lovie Smith: "We made it to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as our quarterback. Why does the media keep asking me this?"

The Media: "Because he is doo-doo."

The end.

Looks like the media and every other football fan with an IQ above 37 was right. Doo-doo ass Rex Grossman.

JerryBlunted said:
Also, to the soccer or rugby fan posting videos up there... the reason these beasts wear pads is because people would be fucking dead otherwise. They're like three times the size of other "football" players, and competing at a greater speed and intensity, as well. Just look at a big hit from the NFL and tell me those pads aren't vital.

1. I am neither a soccer OR a rugby fan fool, read the post properly.

2. Blokes that play real football receive blows like the ones you describe every game, but they nearly always get straight bak up and continue to run for the whole game. as for speed and intensity, there is little to no speed or intensity in NFL, just stops and starts, where as real football has it players running practically non stop for four 30 minute periods. In my books intensity has to last more than 20 seconds.
I have seen plenty of big NFL hits - and no, those pads are not vital.

Unless you are weak.

or, you know.. plan on having a career that lasts longer than a couple serious hits.

These arguments amuse me because most soccer or American football players could cut down bluelighters in a fight like a hot knife through butter.They're both specialized athletes, and therefore, shouldn't be compared to one-another. Soccer has different demands from football, has different demands from hockey, has different demands from Ballet.

^^ I bet that some of us could at least take a kicker or a punter in a bar fight. I mean, those guys are tiny

The 1st quarter of the game was the most exciting quarter in SB history IMO, but the rest was a bore.

I.V.User said:
In my books intensity has to last more than 20 seconds.

Then you, my friend, have completely re-defined the word "intensity."

youarewhatyouis said:
^^ I bet that some of us could at least take a kicker or a punter in a bar fight. I mean, those guys are tiny

The 1st quarter of the game was the most exciting quarter in SB history IMO, but the rest was a bore.

I don't count European fiddler-crab-legged looking queens are football players. ;)

Of course we cold take them, they've never really been roughed in their careers.

Woooo! Go COLTS!!
And I do second. The last part of the game was a complete and utter bore.
It was -painfully- obvious who was going to win, well before the end of the game.