• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 2 questions about Heroin. ROA methods.

Yeah, the oral bioavailability of heroin is actually slightly higher than that of morphine iirc.

That's pretty much the same thing I read about it. It will never reach your brain in acetylated form, but instead have a BA of around %60 vs 21-%40 with oral MS.

Would still rather sniff it, oral is a waste for me with my natural tolerance.

I learn something new either day :)

Thankfully the point is rather moot for me, as I won’t be using either heroin or morphine in the foreseeable future. Unless I keep smoking like I am past the near future, then I’ll probably end up with cancer of some variety and need a lot of painkillers...

The sad thing is I used to fantasize about that kinda thing, having a terminal illness that allowed me to use a plethora of narcotics legally... amazing how messed up the world can get when you’re such a marginalized person... :\

I will say I never have met anyone who has ever gotten high off oral heroin. No surprises there though.

It certainly is a waste to take Heroin by the oral route, but in my experience, it's not a colossal waste like some people make it out to be. It ended up being about as potent as it was supposed to be. My experience only consisted of making up a half-gram shot or so, then getting hassled in the bathroom. I was afraid I was gonna get popped so I just ate everything in site. It got me well, just as a shot would have, but it was definitely a fraction of the potency.

It's not economically feasible for most people and admittedly, I only tried it because I was afraid of the law, but I don't think it should be completely ruled out as an ROA, especially for totally new users. At any rate, the use of ROA's like rectal are a great way to divert folks from the needle, as it gives a decent BA and can actually provide something vaguely resembling a rush.

For real, it seems like you are going to be safe. But I thought the idea of someone giving themselves a narcan shot kind of funny(or it would be if the situation weren't so serious). Generally the only way to know you OD'd is from picking yourself up from the floor wondering how you got there. Even in that 30 seconds after the shot before you pass out you won't know you are about to hit the floor, you might notice a better rush than usual but the thought of grabbing the narcan will never have time to cross your mind before you are out cold.

With insufflation, i read that the bioavailablility is about 30-60%. If i wanted to do a 5mg dose, should i make it 10mg to get the same effect?

I've NEVER heard of anyone taking heroin orally. The thing with heroin is, you want to feel it as quick as possible. Either because you're sweating and hurting.
I've also never heard of anyone (until I got on BL) that plug heroin. I think if you're going to IM or IV it, what would change your mind and want to plug it?