• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 2 questions about Heroin. ROA methods.

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello, i will be getting pure, uncut heroin...and i have a few question about a few different ROA methods. I was thinking about Insufflation and IM.

Do you (personally) get any "rush" with insufflation? and would it be safe to IM PURE heroin?

I was planning on IV'ing at first, but i figured i would try a few different methods at the start.

Opiate history -- IV Morphine 10-15mg, Hydrocodone 40-50mg, Kratom 7-8g,

Thanks,
Chris

Nasal has an onset that can be noticable and it can definitely reach the same place, but if you're already experienced with IV and you know it's pure then try IV as if it is 2x morphine, then 1.5x, and then 1x. If it doesn't match the doses you would use of morphine it is likely not pure and you should use nasally to titrate bumping 5-10 mg every 10-60 minutes spacing the dose time further and further the higher you go until you are at the right spot.

Keep narcan around too

Never trust anyone who claims they have "uncut" heroin, 9 times out of 10 you're being taken for a ride. And in this day and age fentanyl is more common than ever.

Just because you have narcan on hand doesn't mean you'll be able to administer it if you end up IV'ing and overdosing. You have a window of maybe 10, 15 seconds before unconsciousness and that's just not enough to be safe. So start with insufflation.

Remember heroin is about 2x as potent as morphine when IV/IM'd.

What sekio said... You shouldn't use alone if possible. Also always start with 10 units of the first small dose you mix to make sure it's not a pure fentanyl hot spot although even if that is you'd likely still OD even with 5 mg prepped. There are fentanyl dip stick tests you can use to test it too

What sekio said... You shouldn't use alone if possible. Also always start with 10 units of the first small dose you mix to make sure it's not a pure fentanyl hot spot although even if that is you'd likely still OD even with 5 mg prepped. There are fentanyl dip stick tests you can use to test it too

Unfortunately i have a secret addiction.. :/ I wish i could have someone there. Ill start with the smallest dose possible though. Where do you get the fentanyl dip sticks at? Like walgreens or online? Thanks

Chris, I have to start with the most obvious issue at hand, the fact that you believe your drugs are uncut and pure. The chemists in Marseille or Sicily or wherever-the-fuck are probably not making 100% pure, uncut Heroin. The only instance in which you can absolutely say that you have pure drugs is by witnessing them being tested in a professional setting with your own eyes. As a general rule, street-dealers do not sell pure drugs. It is just not a thing.

I believe you might have access to fairly pure drugs, so we can proceed with that assumption. While I think it's great that you have Naloxone (Narcan) on hand, it's not likely that you will be able to administer it in the case of overdose. There is a reason you don't commonly here of users administering Narcan to themselves. If you actually administer an overdose to yourself, you are likely to cross the line into lethal respiratory depression before you even have a change to reach for the Naloxone.

The dosages that you have mentioned should be perfectly reasonable. I'm not sure what kind of quantities you're working with, but if you're looking to go the safest route possible, I would suggest modifying your dosage and administering it orally for the first time. This is the smartest and safest way. You will be working with a slower onset and you will have the opportunity to make better decisions in that time should you happen to overdose.

You mentioned that you are looking to try several different ROA's, so how about being smarter and more responsible than "those other guys" and try your drugs orally for the first time. You seem to understand how to use Opioid equivalency tables, so once you ascertain a good dosage orally, you can proceed to possibly doubling that dosage and attempting an ROA with a quicker onset, like insufflation.

Chris, I have to start with the most obvious issue at hand, the fact that you believe your drugs are uncut and pure. The chemists in Marseille or Sicily or wherever-the-fuck are probably not making 100% pure, uncut Heroin. The only instance in which you can absolutely say that you have pure drugs is by witnessing them being tested in a professional setting with your own eyes. As a general rule, street-dealers do not sell pure drugs. It is just not a thing.

I believe you might have access to fairly pure drugs, so we can proceed with that assumption. While I think it's great that you have Naloxone (Narcan) on hand, it's not likely that you will be able to administer it in the case of overdose. There is a reason you don't commonly here of users administering Narcan to themselves. If you actually administer an overdose to yourself, you are likely to cross the line into lethal respiratory depression before you even have a change to reach for the Naloxone.

The dosages that you have mentioned should be perfectly reasonable. I'm not sure what kind of quantities you're working with, but if you're looking to go the safest route possible, I would suggest modifying your dosage and administering it orally for the first time. This is the smartest and safest way. You will be working with a slower onset and you will have the opportunity to make better decisions in that time should you happen to overdose.

You mentioned that you are looking to try several different ROA's, so how about being smarter and more responsible than "those other guys" and try your drugs orally for the first time. You seem to understand how to use Opioid equivalency tables, so once you ascertain a good dosage orally, you can proceed to possibly doubling that dosage and attempting an ROA with a quicker onset, like insufflation.

Thanks for the input! Ill give oral ROA a shot and eventually work up from there. I might just start an IV on myself and simply hook up the Narcan to it, and if i think im going to have any problems, ill simply push the plunger since it will already be attached to the IV hub.

Appreciate it.

Oh, I see, Things are making a little bit more sense to me. You're mentioning putting an IV in yourself, so I'm guessing you have some kind of connection to the medical community. That makes more sense. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, as I'm sure it's possible although highly difficult to get Heroin (Diamorphine) if you have ties to medicine.

I really appreciate your eye for safety in this thing, so keep that in mind of course, but no matter what ROA you choose to administer your drugs with, it's still going to be very difficult to reverse yourself from an overdose. The only way I can describe overdosing, and in this context, I just mean getting really, really high, is that it's like the lights slowly being dimmed until they''re out. I remember just feeling so good, like everything is okay. I felt great, not like I was near death. There wasn't a problem in the world. I felt like I wanted to just lay down and enjoy myself.

I woke up with my friend giving me CPR and someone else crying, thinking that I was dead. It's just very hard to stop and say, "wows, I'm at that point where I need to administer Naloxone. You're way ahead of the crowd in terms of safety. You're doing great. I'm sure you will be fine, but I don't want you to get too high because you're counting on the Naloxone working. Good luck!

Pick up some reagent testing kits OP. They’re good to have if you’re regularly going to be using street drugs, especially in certain parts where dope is often cut or replaced by fend type stuff. The dip sticks will sometimes work, but they aren’t very reliable, and certainly less so than proper reagents.

Tpd got a point about getting regents. There's a chance carfent and other analogs won't be detected

I thought to mention after readying a study somewhere about people relying on those dip tests and the results being very shoddy. Better than nothing, but far from ideal. Reagent kits are good to have around regardless.

I'd suggest just intranasal since it has a high probably of being less cut. Don't believe that it's truly pure because it's probably not. Unless you're getting it str8 from afghanistan or a cartel. It's always stepped on. That being said, it could still be strong, and you could be very opiate naive. Just because you IV'd once or twice before, doesn't mean that you can do so with any batch and not expect something terrible to go on. I'd say just do bumps of it. You'll still get high, have a rush and feel good. Don't start with the syringe because you will fall in love with the process of shooting up and you'll move on to IV'ing anything you can get your hands on. trust me on this.

Last edited:
I thought to mention after readying a study somewhere about people relying on those dip tests and the results being very shoddy. Better than nothing, but far from ideal. Reagent kits are good to have around regardless.

Thank you for the tip, ill take a look at those too!

I'd suggest just inhalation since it has a high probably of being less cut. Don't believe that it's truly pure because it's probably not. Unless you're getting it str8 from afghanistan or a cartel. It's always stepped on. That being said, it could still be strong, and you could be very opiate naive. Just because you IV'd once or twice before, doesn't mean that you can do so with any batch and not expect something terrible to go on. I'd say just do bumps of it. You'll still get high, have a rush and feel good. Don't start with the syringe because you will fall in love with the process of shooting up and you'll move on to IV'ing anything you can get your hands on. trust me on this.

Thanks for the reply brotha, ill try to stick with the less addictive methods. After IV'ing Morphine a few times, i can see how its soooo addicting (even the whole process of shooting too). Thats why i wanted to try a few different ROA's first. Appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Plugging also works really well, but I always preferred the act of insulfation. Plugging is stronger though, more like IM than intranasal. Just wait to plug until you’ve had a bowel movement.

^ It's variable TPD

Oral dosing is 1.5-2x as potent morphine, and it is rapidly absorbed (well by almost any ROA relative to whatever route) be it truly of high purity that makes sense.

Otherwise, snort it. With small bumps, you can do a tester, and it peaks in like 10-15 minutes usually so you can get on. My 2 cents

True, but I mean this is heroin. Would someone really “waste” their dope vis oral use? I mean it’s so inefficient compared to insulfation or plugging.

I do wish it was more practical to eat heroin. Looks like I missed the train on it, but I had always wanted to see what the oral effects were like. Tried it once by eating a bundle but didn’t noticed anything to write home about. Apparently the average ECP bundle isn’t enough to get someone with a moderate tolerance to dope high, whereas 2 of those bags would be effective for intranasal use :(

It was a sad experiment...