• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

2-D/Digital/Photoshop Art Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA

Bluelight Crew
Let's keep all the debates housed here, leaving the contest threads for entries.

Thanks

I'll start where I left off, playing devil's advocate.

I just feel that these contests should be more for the benefit of serious effort rather than humorous one.

SO guidelines:

Second Opinion is a forum which is designed to house all serious off-topic discussions.

Yuk-Yuk's is three rooms down. ;)

I'm not trying to shut the door completely on this idea; simply playing devil's advocate for the time being. We're likely going to be discussing a contest submission process in the near future. I see this as an evolving process, hopefully towards an end gain of another forum.

shutterbug said:
^ and the penis and butt art in the 2-d art thread is serious? lol.

And what makes you think I had any part in that? :)

I have purposely left things alone for a bit to see how they develop and now that we are getting some general idea, I thought this would be as good a time as any to try and nudge it in the "right" direction.

i changed the rules in the digital art thread and made note of the rules of the SO forum, so hopefully that will help..

also thanks for cleaning up my thread :)

not saying you had any part in that...just wondering why it was overlooked and then the bush piece was pointed out.

your above statement explains though. i get it :)

Were you talking to me?? What's wrong with my photo? It meets all the criteria, and it's just as serious as the baby photoshopped to look like Hulk, Shrek, Hitler, etc...

Just to clarify, your entry is not being singled out, BH. I'm looking for people to make a case of why these types of entries should belong here rather than the Lounge. I am of the belief that they do not. I have been swayed and/or proven wrong before.

SillyAlien said:
Just to clarify, your entry is not being singled out, BH. I'm looking for people to make a case of why these types of entries should belong here rather than the Lounge. I am of the belief that they do not. I have been swayed and/or proven wrong before.
Why, you ask? Well then, let me ask why not? It meets the criteria posted at the top of the thread for submissions. If you don't like my art, you don't have to vote for it. I don't see why it's even an issue. Why do you believe it doesn't belong here?

shutterbug said:
i didn't say anyones' stuff didn't belong here.
No, no. I posted that in this thread, after SillyAlien's last comment, but he felt like moving it here.

BreakzHabit said:
No, no. I posted that in this thread, after SillyAlien's last comment, but he felt like moving it here.
... to keep this from degenerating into the same thing we saw develop yesterday. I shouldn't have even qualified that with a response :p

BreakzHabit said:
Why do you believe it doesn't belong here?
Simple. Second Opinion guidelines.

It's one thing to argue for the inclusion of humorous material, but trying to pass your entry off as serious material is a looooooooong stretch.

Last edited:
SillyAlien said:
... to keep this from degenerating into the same thing we saw develop yesterday. I shouldn't have even qualified that with a response, but...
That was actually directed at shutterbug, not you. I understand you wanting to keep discussion in this thread.

SillyAlien said:
Simple. Second Opinion guidelines.

I fail to see how my submission doesn't meet the Second Opinion guidelines.

Second Opinion's Posting Guidelines

ZERO BULLSHIT POLICY - There will be no "ass-raping", no one will be made fun of, and there will be no posts that are made in poor taste. This forum is a place for serious discussions. If you belittle a serious conversation, or "ass-rape" a thread, your posts will be edited or deleted.

RESPECT OTHERS - We do not need or want posts that would be blatantly offensive, disrespectful, abusive, hateful, harassing, racist, threatening or otherwise annoying to the readers. It is okay to be forceful, but it is not necessary to be rude. There is no need for that in this forum and the moderators will not hesitate to edit posts, close threads, or make BAN requests.

NO DRUG DISCUSSION - All threads relating specifically to drugs will be moved to their respective forums.

ILLEGAL MATERIAL - Posting links to sites that offer (or discussing ways to get) drugs, drug paraphernalia or other illegal materials like pirated software/music/etc is not allowed. That info will be removed.

ON-TOPIC REPLIES ONLY - Second Opinion is not the place in which to build up your post count. All posts must be of a constructive nature. If you do not have anything worthwhile to add to the thread, do not post.

NO PERSON-TO-PERSON POSTS - If you just wish to contact someone don't make a new post about it. Person to person posts do not belong in public forums. Use e-mail or private online communication, to get their attention.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST - The more thought out your post is, the better it will be understood by others. Not only will a well thought out post get more replies, it will get quality replies.

Also, do not bombard the forum with every question or rant that comes to mind. This isn't fair to other posters who have their threads pushed to the second page. Google is a great resource and not every question needs a personal reply.

LOCATION, LOCATION! - Bear in mind that this is an international message board. If you require answers that are relevant to your area or country only, please be sure to state where you are located to ensure you receive quality replies.

FEEDBACK - If you wish to receive a specific form of feedback , then state it in your post.

SillyAlien said:
It's one thing to argue for the inclusion of humorous material, but trying to pass your entry off as serious material is a looooooooong stretch.
If the examples of pictures included in the thread are humorous, why can't my submission be as well?

BreakzHabit said:
I fail to see how my submission doesn't meet the Second Opinion guidelines.
Please see post #1 here.

If the examples of pictures included in the thread are humorous, why can't my submission be as well?
As I have already mentioned, I am not singling out your entry, but addressing the entire subject. Also, there are no other like photos in that thread. I'm talking about the Bush photo, btw.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the bush photo..it was funny and works for the contest.

So, in your opinion then, where do these types of "funnies" belong best - in Second Opinion, or The Lounge? And why?

they belong in an art thread.. because theyre artistic and meaningful, even if theyre not skilled..

not to mention hes posting it there to get a second opinion on his work not for his art to get assraped.. everything in the lounge gets assraped

SillyAlien said:
Please see post #1 here.
I did see it, and I still don't see how it doesn't fit the guidelines. You're saying that since my photo can be seen as humorous it doesn't belong in SO? That's not what the guidelines say. They say that the topic must be serious. Which it is. So what if my picture is humorous? It fits the guidelines of the forum as well as the thread. I honestly don't see what the issue is...

SillyAlien said:
As I have already mentioned, I am not singling out your entry, but addressing the entire subject. Also, there are no other like photos in that thread. I'm talking about the Bush photo, btw.
I understand that, but now I'm speaking in general terms, not just for me, BreakzHabit.

And as far as the Bush photo is concerned, fuckin' a there's no other photos like it. I'm not gonna copy someone else's idea or work. It was original, and fit the guidelines of the contest as well as the forum. I don't see why this is such a big deal.

They can be in both places. In here they just arent allowed to be attacked...they are here for more artistic humor. The lounge they are there to incite chaos haha.

SillyAlien said:
i dont think so. i think bush is an asshole.... that dosnt make it humor dose it?
if you dont think its a serious statement than THATS YOUR OPINION silly.
and since "opinion" is right in the title of the "second opinion" forum, it seems to me that it belongs..

^well, thats my best attemt to sway you, anyway=D

This is being "artistic and meaningful"? bM, you're not helping matters with your argument, especially the "second opinion" part.

dreamgirlie19 said:
They can be in both places. In here they just arent allowed to be attacked...they are here for more artistic humor. The lounge they are there to incite chaos haha.

I see that being recreated here in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.