• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

^^

Indeed. Good luck, man. Maybe you'll find the motivation to stop now before it does become a huge problem. At least you're honest about it at this point.

I'm trying man,thanks for caring. Funny how some guy that doesn't know me cares more about my heroin use than my friends...
Just an advice. It may seem stupid but it's actually true.If you're determined on using heroin,do it when you're happy. Heroin isn't an elaborate high. It won't mess with your consciousness or open doors of perception. Thus, you're going to think "what the hell. I could have so much fun without it".Do it when you're bored. Just DON'T!!!! do it when you have problems or you are sad.
Imo,it's much more addictive this way,from a psychological point of view.

It IS addictive. I did it this morning so I could get out of bed. And I want to save the rest so I can get up every morning til I go to pain management. But I've been thinking about it all day. Ecstasy makes you feel great, but it's so intense that sometimes by the end you're relieved it's over, the clenching teeth and all. But heroin...it's the best feeling I've ever had. Unfortunately for me.

^^

You're using pain management as a justification for using, saying you're in pain so you need it (bullshit by the way and you know it) hah, but the truth is it's gonna end up actually screwing you with your pain management. If you keep using H, your opiate tolerance is going to sky rocket, which will result in the meds you are getting legitimately for pain no longer working.. so at that point, you're going to be fucked. What are you gonna do? Just keep using H every day for ever then? Your tolerance will keep rising, you wont be able to afford it, the pain meds you get from your doc will be pointless, and you'll quickly find yourself in heavy withdrawal, broke, and in pain.

If you're truly still in pain even with your current PM doses, the thing to do is have a real conversation with your doctor and get on the right dosage.. not start using heroin. I think you know that..

^^ exactly the point i was trying to make above...but I agree 100%..this is not about pain mgmnt as I pointed out also from your comments xtcgrrl..it is just something to make either yourself feel better about it or to appear to others as a good reason/excuse..we are not trying to pick on you, you just really need to be honest at least with yourself.

And from the posts you have made throughout the day today after just trying it, it is very clear that you have already made up your mind to use it...as i said it is a predictable cycle as to where you will be in a few months...its not too late too think about this before you are physically too far and just stop and make the smart choice.

I'm trying man,thanks for caring. Funny how some guy that doesn't know me cares more about my heroin use than my friends...
Just an advice. It may seem stupid but it's actually true.If you're determined on using heroin,do it when you're happy. Heroin isn't an elaborate high. It won't mess with your consciousness or open doors of perception. Thus, you're going to think "what the hell. I could have so much fun without it".Do it when you're bored. Just DON'T!!!! do it when you have problems or you are sad.
Imo,it's much more addictive this way,from a psychological point of view.

This is another point that I wanted to bring up for those that have yet to become addicted to the drug. I'm definitely not saying that everyone who tries it and enjoys it will get addicted to it, but just because a person is not addicted yet is not a reason to declare defeat over the drug. The thing is that someone who is currently using it occasionally may be one bad life experience or one run-in with a large sum of money away from becoming addicted.

I have heard of people that successfully 'chipped' for 10+ years and then had a loved one die or the love of their life break up with them which caused them to turn to heroin to ease the pain! as they were already familiar with the drug and knew how/where to get it. That's why when I see people say that they've used for X amount of years without becoming addicted I say that it's not over until it's over.

^ That ultimate source of oblivion will always be at the back of your mind once you've tried it a few times. And will crop up whenever life hands you lemons and you wanna escape.

Being a Heroin Chipper -- Is It Possible? (I Think So)

So I've done H a few times now. Now, everyone I talk to says I'll be a full-blown addict within 6 months. I told my psychologist about my occasional heroin use and he basically said that it's near impossible NOT to become an addict because the drug is so addictive. I've assured him and others that it won't happen to me. He says that's what everyone says when they first start out. I believe, however, that I have the WILLPOWER to keep my use of H only every now and then.

I think people who become addicts just don't have the same mental fortitude as me. I always get my priorities right; I pay my pills on time, spend money on healthy food, and never skimp on such things to buy a hit of H. I pretty much only ever buy it when I have spare cash on me and just feel like kicking back on Friday night at the end of the working week to unwind. I'm no different to others who have a few beers after a week's worth of work. Do most of these people become alcoholics? Fuck no. So why would it be any different for H? Again, I have strong willpower, and don't spend my money on H when I need that money for other things.

do you think ppl who try heroin once and then use it again dont have the same mentality as you?

a decent proportion of people who chip with H get a habit

its not really glamourous lifestyle to risk falling into

if you have so much mental fortitude, kick back with a joint once a week instead of one of the most addictive and expensive opiates known to man

i have tried H a few times and was fantasising about the high for months after...

dont compare alcohol to heroin, h is a lot more addictive

imo u should avoid hard opiates

do you think ppl who try heroin once and then use it again dont have the same mentality as you?

a decent proportion of people who chip with H get a habit

its not really glamourous lifestyle to risk falling into

if you have so much mental fortitude, kick back with a joint once a week instead of one of the most addictive and expensive opiates known to man

i have tried H a few times and was fantasising about the high for months after...

dont compare alcohol to heroin, h is a lot more addictive

imo u should avoid hard opiates
First, I can't smoke weed. It's not euphoric and gives me panic attacks. The fact that I've been chipping on H for a good three months now demonstrates that I can keep it under control. I've also used oxy in the past, and like H, I never developed a habit. I know these substances are highly addictive which is why I use them sparingly. It just pisses me off that everyone thinks that in six months time I'll be sucking other dudes' dicks to get money for a bundle. Bullshit.

Something like 10% of people who try heroin get addicted to it, though I'm not sure what the stats are regarding chippers who become addicts.

I chipped for almost two years before it started getting out of hand, then I went to rehab for a while & I've been chipping again for about a year now. It's certainly possible but it's not likely.

BTW don't delude yourself into thinking that because you've kept it up for a whopping 3 months, you're invincible. That's absurd. You have almost no experience with the drug IMO.

part of addiction is rationalisation

why take the risk that you will develop an addiction?

if ur unhappy with life talk to a psychologist or something u seem pretty set on chipping which to me is not vry logical if you "pay my pills on time, spend money on healthy food, and never skimp on such things"

going for a run makes me feel like a low dose of snorted H

Something like 10% of people who try heroin get addicted to it, though I'm not sure what the stats are regarding chippers who become addicts.

I chipped for almost two years before it started getting out of hand, then I went to rehab for a while & I've been chipping again for about a year now. It's certainly possible but it's not likely.

BTW don't delude yourself into thinking that because you've kept it up for a whopping 3 months, you're invincible. That's absurd. You have almost no experience with the drug IMO.
True. Yet I've met people who've become hooked after using for only a month. Also, I've been chipping on oxy for about a year and a half before trying H. Never got addicted to that, either. And oxy can be just as addictive. So what does that tell you?

part of addiction is rationalisation

why take the risk that you will develop an addiction?

if ur unhappy with life talk to a psychologist or something u seem pretty set on chipping which to me is not vry logical if you "pay my pills on time, spend money on healthy food, and never skimp on such things"

going for a run makes me feel like a low dose of snorted H
Perhaps. I find working out in the gym provides a great release. However, it is, of course, a different feeling to H.

It's certainly possible but it's not likely.
My words exactly. You might be one of those people who can put it out of your mind and just chip. I don't know anybody like that truthfully and I know I couldn't do it.

I used to have "spare cash" too but before long it was deciding what bills could wait and borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. :(

The only people I have met who can chip are those who rotate their drugs on a daily basis. That is, Heroin Mondays, X Tuesdays, Y Wednesdays, and you get the point. Not that I would suggest that lifestyle.

My words exactly. You might be one of those people who can put it out of your mind and just chip. I don't know anybody like that truthfully and I know I couldn't do it.

I used to have "spare cash" too but before long it was deciding what bills could wait and borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. :(
I just started this thread because everyone else in real life was telling me I'll become a full-blown junkie, which pisses me off. Before H, I was chipping on oxy for about a year and a half... never became addicted.

i started smoking cigs because i didnt believe i could get addicted (i did)

now its 3 years later and its been a few weeks since my last cig

you did ask if its possible to be a successful chipper and now you have got some advice from ppl

if you dont depend on the drug then it means you dont need it? right?..

imo unless you are really talented at putting drugs out of your mind, its a form of torture to be thinking about the hit you are looking forward to each week or fortnight or w/e

So I've done H a few times now. Now, everyone I talk to says I'll be a full-blown addict within 6 months. I told my psychologist about my occasional heroin use and he basically said that it's near impossible NOT to become an addict because the drug is so addictive. I've assured him and others that it won't happen to me. He says that's what everyone says when they first start out. I believe, however, that I have the WILLPOWER to keep my use of H only every now and then.

I think people who become addicts just don't have the same mental fortitude as me. I always get my priorities right; I pay my pills on time, spend money on healthy food, and never skimp on such things to buy a hit of H. I pretty much only ever buy it when I have spare cash on me and just feel like kicking back on Friday night at the end of the working week to unwind. I'm no different to others who have a few beers after a week's worth of work. Do most of these people become alcoholics? Fuck no. So why would it be any different for H? Again, I have strong willpower, and don't spend my money on H when I need that money for other things.

Almost everything you've said, most people who become addicted, said to themselves too at one point. I don't even need to tell you how much I had going in my life and how "good" of a kid I was before becoming an opiate/heroin addict.

You are NOT terminally unique. This is a mistake of so many addicts. They think they're different than everyone else and their problem (or lack thereof) makes them different from everyone else. The fact is, you obviously had a reason to go back and use heroin the second time. And the third time. And if you didnt think about using it again, you wouldn't have posted this to begin with.

It begins to consume your thoughts and your affinity will ONLY grow greater with each use. After I did it once or twice I wondered "how do people get addicted to this shit? I don't really crave to do it today even though I just used it yesterday intravenously."

Within 2 months I was dependent and using daily IV, and within 3 months, I was at the methadone clinic feverishly filling out paperwork to somehow get ahold of my life in the middle of my college semester. Being a heroin "chipper" is incredibly rare. I'm not saying you ARENT capable, what I'm saying is DONT try it. Don't fuck with the chance that it could go wrong. Most people do have their priorities straight and everything fine before becoming addicted. That's when you lose all that shit. Usually people aren't on skid row having lost everything BEFORE they start using heroin. I'd say most people who do become addicted after slow use are normal people and have a job, house, family, car, etc.

Just don't risk it. But with opioid users, if you want it, nothing anyone says is going to stop you. It sounds as if you've already convinced yourself. That's where I started.

i started smoking cigs because i didnt believe i could get addicted (i did)

now its 3 years later and its been a few weeks since my last cig

you did ask if its possible to be a successful chipper and now you have got some advice from ppl

if you dont depend on the drug then it means you dont need it? right?..
Haha yes. Cigarettes are another thing. I was smoking for 8 years, got up to 2 packs a day. I finally had enough of it and quit through sheer willpower. No patches, no inhalers, no Zyban... nothing. The motivation to succeed in the gym overrided my desire to have that "one last cigarette."