• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I don't understand why people with no opiate experience wanna jump straight to H. Is it a dick size thing. Do ppl who do this have small wee wee's ? Not referring to anyone specific but I've seen it so often.

I personally don't understand it.

i wanted to try it last night myself for the very first time and wasn't even able to fill the syringe???sorry but what the f*** have i been doing wrong?the liquid just wouldn't get inside..am i retarded? :(

If you're having trouble filling the syringe, staaaaaaahp. You shouldn't be doing it if that's what you're having trouble with. Trouble registering is what most ppl have.

I don't understand why people with no opiate experience wanna jump straight to H. Is it a dick size thing. Do ppl who do this have small wee wee's ? Not referring to anyone specific but I've seen it so often.

I personally don't understand it.

I didn't have a lot of opiate experience when I was 17, but I knew I wanted to try smack. Just for the effects, nothing more.

I never had a fascination with heroin, I was into LSD, speed and just about everything else but opiates when I started. I grew up around people doing it, so I never had any romantic ideas about it...I just did it because it was available and I knew it was strong shit! It does kind of annoy me when I see people who say shit like, "I wanna try everything just once!", and have some illusion that it's gonna turn them into a great artist or some other bullshit, but people make their own decisions in life...

I didn't have a lot of opiate experience when I was 17, but I knew I wanted to try smack. Just for the effects, nothing more.

Yeah I had a fascination with heroin from a very young age. I glamorized it to no end. It was like a compulsion to try it..

Stupid kid. Biggest mistake of my life.

I had that ^ after I read the book Junk but it passed. But alas my obsession as a shortie was crystal. I wouldn't have nearly as cool stories to tell if it were smack.

^^

Everyone has their thing. H doesn't appeal to everybody. For some people it's meth, crack, booze, whatever.

The problem for me is I can never go back to just pain meds...and eventually that heroin becomes pretty expensive, either financially or legally.

I guess it could be like Whosa and there is a slight possibility that you dont like it as much and then just go back to your oxys but more likely if you are in the situatioon i was and am beimg very undermedicated (I had been in a good place for many years with pain mgmnt until I moved to another state and the new docs none wanted to give me even a fraction of what I had been taking responsibly for years..being so severely under medicated after experiencing such a reduction in pain for a long time and actually being able to live a full life..then going back to being miserable..that is what led me to my heroin addiction..telling myself I deserved to have less pain and more of a life again..but h is not the answer)..i could never just go back to regular pain meds again.

And dear, that inner peace stuff, that fitting with who you are thinking...thats not just about pain mgmnt needs..thats all about talking yourself right into just plain becoming a heroin addict..trust me. And you made it out of benzos alive, but honey, heroin is not benzos..heroin is illegal, heroin will drag you where you never thought of going with benzos.

On top of all that i had been a nurse for a really long time..and not just any nurse, a really really good nurse, a professional...really successful in all aspects of my life and really smart. A straight "A" student, even when I went back to school and finished another dgree with a family and working full time. And i thought i was smarter than most heroin addicts and could use it and not let it use me...but eventually, no one is smarter.

We've had similar experiences, although it was oxycodone that had its grip on me. I used heroin for a few months while living in Thailand, because it was widely available, but for over 10 years I was addicted to the opiates I was prescribed for chronic pain. All the while I published books, entered a PhD program at UC Berkeley, traveled the world, and taught elementary, middle, and high school. Opiate addiction is insidious.

Someone in this thread made a comment about not being a "typical addict." I understand what they meant by that, because I am aware of what the conceptions and stereotypes are of drug addicts. But that term is completely hollow. Addiction doesn't give a fuck who you are. You don't get to dodge it because you are wealthy, or because you come from a certain culture. It doesn't elude you just because you assume that you don't know any addicts, or because people in your world pretend that they don't have the typical problems that everyone else has.

Michael_25: Come on, now. Do you genuinely think you are unique when it comes to becoming addicted to drugs? Your claims that you somehow stronger and have more "willpower" than "addicts" as you said, are 100% ridiculous. You're no less susceptible to become addicted than any one else. Period. The idea that you are different is a fantasy. It can take years of casual use to become addicted to heroin and other potent opiates. After 3 months of use, it's very premature to start your victory lap. Listen to the folks on this thread. And perhaps try being a bit more honest with yourself.

Addiction is ubiquitous. Don't be a fool. Nobody can claim that they are not a "typical addict" or that they are immune from addiction.

Last edited:
I don't think it's ever been quite as simple as, "If you try heroin, you WILL become addicted", but to try to argue the point that it's "just like everything else" is not only counterproductive, but erroneous.

Before trying any hard drug like heroin, everyone should ask themselves the basic question, "Should I do this"?

Any drug that induces pleasure and suppresses pain and negative feelings has addictive potential. The more powerfully a drug induces these feelings, the more powerful it's addictive potential. The most common potent drugs that somebody is likely to come across are: Heroin, Cocaine and Methamphetamine. Drugs like LSD and psilocybin can produce euphoria that equals that of the "hard drugs", but they don't act to specifically trigger pleasure in the same way. This is why the "hard drugs" are considered so risky...It's like flipping a switch in your brain that makes you feel good, but it always comes with a price.

Opiates may not cause the same longterm damage as stimulants can, which is one positive thing that can be said, but the physical dependence thing kind of compensates for that...

Heroin, and other opiates, are known to be so powerfully addictive, that people who were never addicted to anything previously often rapidly develop dependence to them. The psychological and physical reinforcement that occurs with regular use creates a "bond" to the drug that's very difficult to break, and for many people lasts a lifetime. Once you become physically addicted to them, it physiologically changes you for life, and even a few days of use causes painful withdrawal upon stopping.

What's the upside to trying heroin?

I really don't know. Unlike some other drugs, I honestly can't think of anything that you could take from the experience that will enhance your life, "give you a deeper understanding", or make you a better person for having done it. I'm sure someone could claim that heroin had a "psychedelic" effect on them that they found enlightening, but that's not usually the case at all...Heroin is a drug that really only does anything positive for you while you're under the influence of it. However, there's plenty of negative consequences that can linger long after the high has worn off.

So, aside from "getting really high", I'd really like to hear a good reason why any healthy, happy person should try heroin. It's highly addictive, can be highly dangerous, and does nothing positive for you that you couldn't get from another safer, less addictive drug...

Trying heroin just so you can say, "I tried heroin".….is no reason at all....

I've recently become very infatuated with the prospect of using heroin. despite reading countless horror stories on here and elsewhere, experiencing the perfect high still feels very lucrative to me for some reason.

I've decided I'm never going to shoot it (a lot of junkies probably said this at one point), only smoke it. I've researched the whole chasing the dragon technique, and i feel the toxic leukoencephalopathy illness is more than likely caused by either impurities in the poor quality street h, or by toxins on the tinfoil (or at least that's what I'm forcing myself to believe). so i'm planning on using a vaporizer pipe of sorts, and the method of acquiring the heroin will be via the darknet markets so I'll have better quality control on what I'm getting (I have no connects where I live, anyway).

I know it sounds like I've already made up mind, so I'm not really sure why I'm even posting this here, to be honest with you. maybe i have some farfetched idea that maybe I'll get some sort of positive reassurance from someone, but from what i've read, i doubt it. or maybe someone will whisper some magical spell and rid me of my deathly curiosity. i dont know.

However, an alternative I've been considering as of late would be to try out smoking opium latex instead. I've read it's less potent than heroin. my question is; would smoking that be strongly advised against as well? what would the odds of ruining my life be if I decided to try that out instead? (less than heroin, no doubt, but is that even saying much? or is it by a wide margin?) I also have the notion that by trying it, I'll more than likely graduate to smack. idk.

The lesson you should take away from this is: if you're going to do opioids of any sort, especially heroin, respect the stuff as a potent drug and don't glamorize it. It's a euphoriant, but there are other euphoriants too, and it is far from a "perfect high". Go do some kratom or something if you want an opioid experience.

I've recently become very infatuated with the prospect of using heroin. despite reading countless horror stories on here and elsewhere, experiencing the perfect high still feels very lucrative to me for some reason.

I've decided I'm never going to shoot it (a lot of junkies probably said this at one point), only smoke it. I've researched the whole chasing the dragon technique, and i feel the toxic leukoencephalopathy illness is more than likely caused by either impurities in the poor quality street h, or by toxins on the tinfoil (or at least that's what I'm forcing myself to believe). so i'm planning on using a vaporizer pipe of sorts, and the method of acquiring the heroin will be via the darknet markets so I'll have better quality control on what I'm getting (I have no connects where I live, anyway).

I know it sounds like I've already made up mind, so I'm not really sure why I'm even posting this here, to be honest with you. maybe i have some farfetched idea that maybe I'll get some sort of positive reassurance from someone, but from what i've read, i doubt it. or maybe someone will whisper some magical spell and rid me of my deathly curiosity. i dont know.

However, an alternative I've been considering as of late would be to try out smoking opium latex instead. I've read it's less potent than heroin. my question is; would smoking that be strongly advised against as well? what would the odds of ruining my life be if I decided to try that out instead? (less than heroin, no doubt, but is that even saying much? or is it by a wide margin?) I also have the notion that by trying it, I'll more than likely graduate to smack. idk.

I'm not sure what you want us to tell you.. ha. Is trying heroin a good idea? I think you already know the answer to that. Is it 100% guaranteed to ruin your life? No, of course not.. but the odds are against you. In this day of information, there is everything you could possibly need to know about H. You sound like you've done your research. If you after all that, you still want to do it, fine. That's a choice you're gonna have to live with.

Good luck and be safe.

We've had similar experiences, although it was oxycodone that had its grip on me. I used heroin for a few months while living in Thailand, because it was widely available, but for over 10 years I was addicted to the opiates I was prescribed for chronic pain. All the while I published books, entered a PhD program at UC Berkeley, traveled the world, and taught elementary, middle, and high school. Opiate addiction is insidious.

Someone in this thread made a comment about not being a "typical addict." I understand what they meant by that, because I am aware of what the conceptions and stereotypes are of drug addicts. But that term is completely hollow. Addiction doesn't give a fuck who you are. You don't get to dodge it because you are wealthy, or because you come from a certain culture. It doesn't elude you just because you assume that you don't know any addicts, or because people in your world pretend that they don't have the typical problems that everyone else has.

Michael_25: Come on, now. Do you genuinely think you are unique when it comes to becoming addicted to drugs? Your claims that you somehow stronger and have more "willpower" than "addicts" as you said, are 100% ridiculous. You're no less susceptible to become addicted than any one else. Period. The idea that you are different is a fantasy. It can take years of casual use to become addicted to heroin and other potent opiates. After 3 months of use, it's very premature to start your victory lap. Listen to the folks on this thread. And perhaps try being a bit more honest with yourself.

Addiction is ubiquitous. Don't be a fool. Nobody can claim that they are not a "typical addict" or that they are immune from addiction.

Oxy is equipotent to heroin and my DOC. I don't recommend ppl try either but for some reason oxy is completely fkin socially acceptable where as h is not.

I say work your way up the opiate ladder then try smack. If you are dead set on having opiods in your life(at first) then become your life eventually.

I am currently new and this is my first post. I just want to share my experience with the drug. As for myself, I am sensitive to the effects of drugs. May be partially because i am naturally skinny with a fast metabolism, however i am sensitive to how my body is reacting on any substance i intake. I went on a week binge of smoking H. The high was one of the most awesome highs i have ever felt, which is why i smoked it again the next day, and the next day. by the end of the week as I was "coming down" I suffered chills, sweats, nausea and vomiting. It was such a powerful drug that the first couple times I had to throw up, but the nod was spectacular. Reverting back to the minor withdrawls I was having from extended H use, not to mention my already skinny body was getting skinnier I realized how dirty H really was. The negative affects definitely out-weigh the high IMO.

Oxy is equipotent to heroin and my DOC. I don't recommend ppl try either but for some reason oxy is completely fkin socially acceptable where as h is not.

I know. That's both stupid and dangerous. Folks naturally will think that doing oxy will be relatively safe or benign.

Well one of the positives of trying Opium is that it is less potent than heroin and will at least allow you to establish a bit of a 'base tolerance' should you end up trying heroin. You really don't want to be trying heroin with no tolerance since it's so potent that even if you don't overdose, you will still likely end up sick from it to the point of not being able to enjoy it at all.

Perhaps an even better bet would be to try some pharmaceutical opiates first. This way you at least know the dose that you are getting, which makes overdosing less likely considering you don't take too much of the known dose. And to be honest, heroin is very similar to most other opiates and people only turn to it when their tolerances to these pills gets too high, but they are still seeking out the same high that they were getting from the pills, but could no longer achieve due to an increase in tolerance coupled with the higher price of the pills.

I can honestly say that if my tolerance to vicodin had never gotten too high I would have been perfectly fine just sticking with that instead of working my way up the ladder all the way to heroin. The high is basically the same considering you don't IV the heroin, and even if you do it's still the same high minus the 10 second rush at the beginning of it.

Try H if your sick of waking up w/d symptom free and u need a wife/husband that only takes and screams at you from inside your head and body. It ' ll get to that eventually, the question is how long you can prolong it (chipping).

when i tried it, i first smoked it, saw (experienced) users around me iving, and have gone the iv route since. mind you, i had always said i wouldn't touch needles; i was always so deathly afraid. i overdosed the first time i did it and somehow kept going back to 'try' it. i would never recommend it to anyone since the cons heavily outweigh the pros.

I dont know what you guys are talking about... If I didn't think it was awesome I wouldn't still be doing it. Think about it peoples enitire lives get ruined because of it and they continue to do it. Its gotta be pretty f***ing good if people will do ANYTHING to get it. But then again, its not that fun, you get really sick when you dont have it, and it costs a lot of money. OH YEAH, and you can die...
But, FUCK IT... right? "YOLO" lol