• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I've never seen anyone passing around bumps of heroin on a plate at a party like cocaine in some bad '80s movie before.....It's just not that kind of drug...Anyone who would do that is a fucking idiot! Good way to make everyone at the party start puking and nodding out!

Hi, I'm just wondering what dosage one should take if you snort heroin and you've never done it before. I'm going to a party tonight and my friend has some and he's going to do it right in front of me. I always said I would never do it but there is a slight possibility that I would do it if pressured. (Peer pressure, gotta love it) Anyway, just in the name of harm reduction, supposing, theoretically, that I did snort a line, how much should I do? I am NOT saying I would do it. I would like to think I'd hold out and not do it, but if I get drunk or something and my judgement is impaired I am not sure what I would do in that case. So I'm asking so that I can be safe. If you're going to tell me not to do it, I KNOW, it's a totally stupid thing to do, but I've done millions of stupid things in the past and I wouldn't put it past myself to do this. And I can't avoid hanging out with the guy cuz he's my ride to the party (my husband is a homebody and if I drag him to a club or a rave he's a total party pooper.) Ok, so help??? Anybody?

If you are drinking alcohol then you should definitely not do heroin. You are already at a higher risk of OD due to having no tolerance, but throw in alcohol and there is really no safe dose for you to take. The majority of heroin overdoses are actually the result of a combination such as the one that you are entertaining, so please don't mix the two, and if you really still want to try heroin then wait until another time when you are not taking other substances.

Hahahaha ur too funny

He aint joking. I would never let one of my opiate naive friends do dope. The few times I've let them do my oxy already make me feel bad (as one thinks it's the best thing he ever tried) - 20 mg oxy IR no tolerance.

^^

Yeah some of the largest amount of guilt I have for the shit I've done (and I've done some heinous shit) is from the people I have turned onto dope. To see them years later, just fucking ruined and not even resembling themselves, is really shitty.

You do not wanna be the cause of that.

1mg is definitely helping me stay relaxed. Ive been sober for years now and been living daily with psychological problems. just this small amount has changed my behavior dramatically. well it has changed in ways that i can see but i doubt anyone else will notice. I suspect not many here will understand my situation. So... smoking it in a cigarette worked and you can use it at 1mg dosage.

Um, hi. I feel really guilty posting because I feel like a hypocrite and a pushover, but I want to be honest with my friends on blue light, because I'm nervous and uncertain and....we'll let me just get to it. I went to the party. I did drink. I let somebody sell me these flimsy tiny yellow paper bags held together with a rubber band. There are a bunch of them. And I'm sober today, didn't have a hangover from last night so just now, late at night, I emptied out one bag. It was a grey-tan-brown color, just a TINY bit of it, and I'm thinking, THATS IT?!?! So I snort it all in one tiny line. Keep in mind I have a pretty high poppy pod tolerance as I use that daily and that's to argument my pathetic Percocet 5mg. And WOW! I DID feel that rush everyone has been talking about. But after I just felt really calm. A little nauseous. Smoked a bunch of cigs and the feeling is slowly fading.

Ok now don't tell me I'm an idiot, that goes without saying. But I'm not going to flush the other bags. Even though the high itself didn't seem that fancy or elaborate compared to, say, LSD or MDMA, I kind of feel it fits who I am. Someone seeking peace. And I know this is a temporary peace but so were benzos and somehow I got off those without dying. I'm not saying that somehow gives me the power to beat this to; it's just that I know 1) it's the worst hell you'll ever know and 2) it can be done.

I guess my question is, help me use what bags I have remaining wisely, and maybe then I'll quit. (And maybe I'm fooling myself.)

1mg is definitely helping me stay relaxed. Ive been sober for years now and been living daily with psychological problems. just this small amount has changed my behavior dramatically. well it has changed in ways that i can see but i doubt anyone else will notice. I suspect not many here will understand my situation. So... smoking it in a cigarette worked and you can use it at 1mg dosage.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. this sounds like something a tweaker would say after being up a while.

Xtcgrrl...
Pretend i can forsee the future and let me go ahead and tell you...with your current thinking and plan then yes, you are fooling yourself...i can already see where exactly you are going to be and what you will be posting here on BL several months from now...please think again.

Yeah I will say what I'm thinking. That kind of thinking will get u addicted. Way too much rationalising and inner dialogue that sounds eerily familiar to a lot of people I'm sure from years past.

Um, hi. I feel really guilty posting because I feel like a hypocrite and a pushover, but I want to be honest with my friends on blue light, because I'm nervous and uncertain and....we'll let me just get to it. I went to the party. I did drink. I let somebody sell me these flimsy tiny yellow paper bags held together with a rubber band. There are a bunch of them. And I'm sober today, didn't have a hangover from last night so just now, late at night, I emptied out one bag. It was a grey-tan-brown color, just a TINY bit of it, and I'm thinking, THATS IT?!?! So I snort it all in one tiny line. Keep in mind I have a pretty high poppy pod tolerance as I use that daily and that's to argument my pathetic Percocet 5mg. And WOW! I DID feel that rush everyone has been talking about. But after I just felt really calm. A little nauseous. Smoked a bunch of cigs and the feeling is slowly fading.

Ok now don't tell me I'm an idiot, that goes without saying. But I'm not going to flush the other bags. Even though the high itself didn't seem that fancy or elaborate compared to, say, LSD or MDMA, I kind of feel it fits who I am. Someone seeking peace. And I know this is a temporary peace but so were benzos and somehow I got off those without dying. I'm not saying that somehow gives me the power to beat this to; it's just that I know 1) it's the worst hell you'll ever know and 2) it can be done.

I guess my question is, help me use what bags I have remaining wisely, and maybe then I'll quit. (And maybe I'm fooling myself.)

There is no way to use them wisely I'm afraid.

Well, I don't know what to do. My PM drs don't give me enuf meds for my pain, but I'm intimidated by them and won't speak up for myself. Plus a lot of the other patients seem really insane and so far gone in their addictions that they are unkempt, delusional and violent. I always swore I would be the easiest patient they had, just cuz I feel so bad for what they have to deal with everyday. And I'm a generally positive person, so if you asked me " how are you feeling" I would muster a smile, downplay it, crack a joke or two.

So I looked for extra medicine online and got ripped off. I've joined a forum so that doesn't happen again, but these meds are expensive and hard to find.

Heroin is cheap and I can buy it right down the block. I JUST WANT SOME PAIN RELIEF!!!!! :-(

Well Im doing heroin right now cos my oxys run out and I only get more hopefully early during the week. But I dunno what advice to give in this situation (cos I have done heroin many times and haven't fallen in love with it, I still infinitely prefer oxy even though I had the biggest nods of my life last night head literally on keyboard buttons for 2 hours.

Just do it safely and enjoy it, or throw/give it away.

Well, I don't know what to do. My PM drs don't give me enuf meds for my pain, but I'm intimidated by them and won't speak up for myself. Plus a lot of the other patients seem really insane and so far gone in their addictions that they are unkempt, delusional and violent. I always swore I would be the easiest patient they had, just cuz I feel so bad for what they have to deal with everyday. And I'm a generally positive person, so if you asked me " how are you feeling" I would muster a smile, downplay it, crack a joke or two.

So I looked for extra medicine online and got ripped off. I've joined a forum so that doesn't happen again, but these meds are expensive and hard to find.

Heroin is cheap and I can buy it right down the block. I JUST WANT SOME PAIN RELIEF!!!!! :-(

Oh my, in all seriousness you sound exactly like i did (and in almost identical situation) before that i started my current trek with heroin...

The problem for me is I can never go back to just pain meds...and eventually that heroin becomes pretty expensive, either financially or legally.

I guess it could be like Whosa and there is a slight possibility that you dont like it as much and then just go back to your oxys but more likely if you are in the situatioon i was and am beimg very undermedicated (I had been in a good place for many years with pain mgmnt until I moved to another state and the new docs none wanted to give me even a fraction of what I had been taking responsibly for years..being so severely under medicated after experiencing such a reduction in pain for a long time and actually being able to live a full life..then going back to being miserable..that is what led me to my heroin addiction..telling myself I deserved to have less pain and more of a life again..but h is not the answer)..i could never just go back to regular pain meds again.

And dear, that inner peace stuff, that fitting with who you are thinking...thats not just about pain mgmnt needs..thats all about talking yourself right into just plain becoming a heroin addict..trust me. And you made it out of benzos alive, but honey, heroin is not benzos..heroin is illegal, heroin will drag you where you never thought of going with benzos.

On top of all that i had been a nurse for a really long time..and not just any nurse, a really really good nurse, a professional...really successful in all aspects of my life and really smart. A straight "A" student, even when I went back to school and finished another dgree with a family and working full time. And i thought i was smarter than most heroin addicts and could use it and not let it use me...but eventually, no one is smarter.

Last edited:
^ NO. THERE ISN'T THAT POSSIBILITY. IM SORRY BUT I WAS ON 600 MGS A DAY WHEN I TRIED THAI WHITE. IF I WASN'T OPIATE TOLERANT I WOULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH IT. just needed to get that clear. I'm finding the next few days of a gram a day of very good heroin a chore and just want it to be script day (hopefully sometime next week) already.

I feel so bad about sharing Oxy IR with a close friend who was opiate naive. But he did beg me and offer a trade I couldn't refuse.

Last edited:
Sick of passing out randomly and nodding face. Im not a nodder imma rusher.

and sick of being a prisoner of drugs from opiods to anti depressants and benzos. im their bitch atm.

Thank you. What's your status? Still messing around with H?

Well I guess so, but I try to use just twice a month. WANTED to say that,yes people think they use in moderation. They actually use in moderation but only for now!Heroin doesn't let you go.It won't set you free.EVER.It will always be messing around with your mind.Even if you've tried once,you might just wake up someday and feel addicted to it.Heroin is not like other drugs. I was mistaken that iwould control it. It's just a matter of time.It might take years but someday it'll happen.Sad thing to say but that's my conclusion.
Cheers