• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I really don't get what all the fuss is about H. It is one of the most boring drugs I have ever taken. I do not enjoy nodding. I only use it for medicinal properties as an antidepressant. I haven't used in about a year and really can't say I ever think about it.
I really don't get it. To me, it sounds like brainwashing. Look, this is bad, this isn't. Should I try H? No, you shouldn't - you're going to die with needle in your arm. Is this really the information we want to spread? It's not about that. It's not the substance, it's really about the inner issues and your mental state of mind. If you don't try to take care of you mental health, things are never going to get better - with or without any drugs. I agree, with this specific substance if you use it for a long time you develop tolerance and then you just kind of need it to survive - I completely get it, I've been on H every day for a year before and this becomes ''normal''. I think this is also the main factor why people become dependent on it instead of becoming psychologically dependent.

I really don't get what all the fuss is about H. It is one of the most boring drugs I have ever taken. I do not enjoy nodding. I only use it for medicinal properties as an antidepressant. I haven't used in about a year and really can't say I ever think about it.
I really don't get it. To me, it sounds like brainwashing. Look, this is bad, this isn't. Should I try H? No, you shouldn't - you're going to die with needle in your arm. Is this really the information we want to spread? It's not about that. It's not the substance, it's really about the inner issues and your mental state of mind. If you don't try to take care of you mental health, things are never going to get better - with or without any drugs. I agree, with this specific substance if you use it for a long time you develop tolerance and then you just kind of need it to survive - I completely get it, I've been on H every day for a year before and this becomes ''normal''. I think this is also the main factor why people become dependent on it instead of becoming psychologically dependent.

If you found it so boring why did you use it every day for a year? I mean I get that you were probably dependent, but how did you get dependent if you didn't like it?

Anyway, your experience is far from universal.

For me opiates, and heroin specifically, are the best drug I ever did as far as outright enjoyment. I found myself addicted from day one, the moment opiates entered my life they latched onto my soul and haven't let go since.

Not everyone is susceptible to that happening but many of us are.

I'm just curious did you continue to use different opiates after using h or did you cut off opiates completely after stopping h? Bc for me it had a stronger withdrawal effect than most opiates, I would have pretty extreme cravings multiple times a day and just found I lacked any control on h compared to most opiates.

Can you share what you mean by brain damage sweetie? It's the first time I've heard that heroin causes brain damage.

It doesn't. Not as a side effect of the pure drug itself anyway. I've never heard of any kind of brain damage happening from heroin use.

As will hypoxiation.

As for the question, the answer is no. It's a pandoras box that is much better left closed.

My personal experience was I tried heroin once. Was underwhelmed and not a fan of having to smoke it and so on so I went gladly back to pills. I'm not injecting anything... I am too scared of that.
I've been using for 4 years now. From codeine slowly progressed to now oxycodone and morphine together. I find opioids all give me the same high so I don't have a preference really. It's just the dosages that differ but I can be happy just doing dihydrocodeine if that's all I have.
I have even tried fentanyl and wasn't impressed so that remained a one time thing too.
I am an example of someone who used heroin once months ago as a full blown opioid addict and didn't try again despite having easy access now to it. I don't see the point when the effects aren't better than what I take already. I see only downsides: not pure like pharmaceuticals, cuts, illegal, cannot really be just taken orally and so on. It's not for me. I'm lucky I guess.

I used pills for 20 years and I have never touched heroin. It always scared the hell out of me especially after seeing shows like intervention. I would go through some of the worst withdrawals and honestly can say about three times I was in so much pain it crossed my mind but I was just to afraid. Don't touch that stuff especially today. My mother just overdosed and passed on heroin laced with fentynal. Don't be curious, be cautious. Leave it alone.

This is true and as far as mental illness. I am a good writer but when manic I am a GREAT writer.
linking heroin to creativity wasn't exactly a huge stretch; there have been many talented people who have been opiate/general drug addicts.

what is the safest ROA for a first time heroin user?. I literally just want to do it once and not die in the process.

It doesn't. Not as a side effect of the pure drug itself anyway. I've never heard of any kind of brain damage happening from heroin use.
Someone recently explained his heroin addiction as the reason for her fathers bouts of ‘psychosis’ that would lead him to beat the absolute living shit out of his wife and kids while on the drug.
Is this plausible do you think?

I wanted to respond to her that heroin didn’t make her Dad a woman beating piece of shit, he was literally just a woman beating piece of shit, who happened to have a heroin problem but didn’t feel educated enough on the topic to call it.

Someone recently explained his heroin addiction as the reason for her fathers bouts of ‘psychosis’ that would lead him to beat the absolute living shit out of his wife and kids while on the drug.
Is this plausible do you think?

I wanted to respond to her that heroin didn’t make her Dad a woman beating piece of shit, he was literally just a woman beating piece of shit, who happened to have a heroin problem but didn’t feel educated enough on the topic to call it.

I doubt it was as simple as heroin bringing out that behavior. Heroin doesn't generally cause people to become violent. Alcohol can. Meth can. But heroin generally doesn't.

So I suspect there's something missing from the story that explains it beyond simply the suggestion that heroin made him violent.

what is the safest ROA for a first time heroin user?. I literally just want to do it once and not die in the process.
Now I had about 35 experiences with it myself.

I honestly never destined to fall down that lane. I wasn't buult for it. I was massively into MDMA and psychedellics for being high, aware, pure, and free.

Herpin debilitated me and stole my high personal positive power, made me vulnerable in the worng company- aka, other friends at the time, in 2003.

I hated the way it changed their personalities.

No way could I ever go that path. Awareness is everything to me.

This was directly following my final University year in Swansea,,Wales, when I honestly took 900 MDMA pilss the acedemic year, Sept 2002-June 2003,,as you heard already.

I had some heavy MDMA psychosis which took some handling for a while.

But my remaining crowd in Swansea were all getting into the brown- they ALL became addicts for years.

I skipped town, came home to my mum's house in England to work full time. I had tons of friends all over. No smack heads like, lol

Great drugs and incredible local,parties too. Strong shkunk, way cheaper back then. Ketamine on tap, just around the corner- and at every party/rave,,and the most incredible illegal parties and festivals too.

Anyway sorry- ROA of heroin. Initially, in Beford, a few times, in company I did not trust, I chose to snort the heroin. It's a stronger method, close to injection, but I was warned not to do it that way because of a real risk of overdose.

I most enjoyed heroin, socially sharing a folded foil with lighter running under the line underneath, inhaling the vapor with a "toot", straw like tube thing.

However, it does take some technique learning to really effectively vaporize that heroin by running the lighter under the foil, to inhale all and keep it running like lava, in a way.

Now @TripSitterNZ the ONLY reason I don't want to strongly recommend this method, my since acquired recognition of the sheer toxicity of heating foil that way, inhaling off gassing toxins.

Otherwise, that would be my suggestion.

It may be possible to just drop speckles into a tobacco joint, like weed.

It would not fail to work but I can't vouch for how efficient it would be.

I once smoked a smallish weed style, water bucket bong with just a lump of heroin. It worked!

If you snort it, do really crush it up as much as possible. Just tread slowly and gradually with it in order to get a gauge. No big jump in if you snort. It's like...all at once.

Smoking it off of foil is like smoking avweed joint in comparison.

"Speedballs" or maybe a similar term possibly, were notoriously popular when I was involved in the original scene which were basically 5050 lines of cocaine and heroin so snorting heroin has long been a practice but you just need to be careful with the dosage and make sure that you never accidentally overdose I think is the main thing and definitely crush it up as much as possible just for the the more gentle effect on your nostrils.

Personally I would not encourage you to inject but I never did that myself so I can't comment.

I hope you get some more useful answers on this anyway.

Last edited:
I doubt it was as simple as heroin bringing out that behavior. Heroin doesn't generally cause people to become violent. Alcohol can. Meth can. But heroin generally doesn't.
So I suspect there's something missing from the story that explains it beyond simply the suggestion that heroin made him violent.

Exactly what I thought.
Yeah I think it’s bipolar or BPD or something like that tbh. Father and daughter both like it. Unstable and unpredictable.

Was just the first time I’d heard of opiates associated with behavioural/mental health problems before, I’d always just classed it as a pain killer and less damaging to the brain in general than a lot of other drugs.
(Not to downplay the severity of the addiction at all in any way, that’s another level all of its own)

Everyone always said no, don’t try the heroin.
It made me want to try the heroin.

So I did.
And learned that this is one rule I should never break.
I shall never try the heroin again.
Until I’m on my death bed.
Then I again will try the heroin.
All of the heroin.
Don’t use it all before I get there please.

Everyone always said no, don’t try the heroin.
It made me want to try the heroin.

So I did.
And learned that this is one rule I should never break.
I shall never try the heroin again.
Until I’m on my death bed.
Then I again will try the heroin.
All of the heroin.
Don’t use it all before I get there please.
What if you can't get hold of heroin on your deathbed?