• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

ФФФ Thoughts About Life (or Psychedelic insight) MEGATHREAD! ФФФ

* dextromethorphan

whether it be conscious or otherwise that energy needs a place to go.

let me take it out of context.

you know how light behaves as a wave as well as a particle? we're seeing proof that other dimensions affect ours.
action-reaction
action-reaction
action-reaction
action-reaction
reaction...no action, and i bet it works both ways. that we can see. because a reaction, really isnt' without an action.

imagine an interdimentional tennis-ball that didnt produce sound when you bounced it, but produced light elsewhere/when when you bounced it.

i suppose, that the energy released, would not have a pattern specific to your own body.
afterlife, must be defined. life after death. life... a battery has a life time. and a crystal grows. should have been more specific, and i dont want to argue, only get different views on the statement i posted.

A program run on a computer is information processed using electrical energy.

When a computer becomes unusable through component failure, or is otherwise disposed of, do those programs then 'live on' in a their own computer program afterlife?

A program run on a computer is information processed using electrical energy.

When a computer becomes unusable through component failure, or is otherwise disposed of, do those programs then 'live on' in a their own computer program afterlife?

what an amazing concept! but i'd reserve afterlife for the self-aware, of more than some voltage and rpm readings.

and the program would leave the computer, as heat and some sound might be there too, vibration, and more heat.

what an amazing concept

Sorry, I was trying to show that it's rather a far fetched (read absurd) concept. :\

There was also an implied analogy with the human brain as a biological information processor (computer) - the point being that if one thinks the idea of a computer program afterlife far fetched, why would one think that an afterlife for the human consciousness is any less far fetched?

If self-awareness makes any difference, when computers inevitably become self aware, will they then pass on into an afterlife? When would such a computer's consciousness move on into the afterlife - each time it is switched off (because it may never be switched on again), or when the computer is physically destroyed, so can never be switched on again.

Also, when I'm in deep, non-REM, sleep, or otherwise unconscious, where have I, where has my 'soul', gone?

When someone's personal identity slowly erodes away through a progressive neurological illness such as dementia, what is the process by which their 'soul' crosses into the afterlife?

Also, when I'm in deep, non-REM, sleep, or otherwise unconscious, where have I, where has my 'soul', gone?

Mine sneaks off down to the fridge & eats all manner of contraband - so I've been told anyway

angular momentum is conserved therefore there is an afterlife because my angular momentum will be released upon my death to circle its way into the heavens

energy cannot be created or destroyed. how does this prove there is an afterlife? i suppose it depends on what your concept of afterlife is.

also what the hell does this mean?...
"today a man on acid* realized...
* dextromethorphan"

i think you just made necrophilia a much trickier endeavour :(

but then i do like a challenge :)

Bill Hicks frowns upon this thread.

If there is any 'afterlife', which btw is quite general in its description (or at least in this thread), how should it change the way you're leading your current life? If at all, that is.

How do you know THIS isn't the afterlife or perhaps even a pre-life to something else?

My view has been that "you" don't actually exist at the time. Your "state" is committed to memory like a saved game, and is loaded again when you wake up. When your body is asleep, you're not really anywhere except the internal realm of dreams.

Before you existed, there was no pre-life, when you cease to exist, there will be no afterlife.

There's no universal time or universal "now" to keep you dead after you die. The universe wasn't just chugging along being real and being now until you were born. You're alive right now because you are one particular experience of this moment, and that's what you are, you can't be anything else. The reason you're alive right now isn't that time has been flowing along until this point. There never was a before you were alive for you, and there is no after you're alive.

There's no universal time or universal "now" to keep you dead after you die. The universe wasn't just chugging along being real and being now until you were born. You're alive right now because you are one particular experience of this moment, and that's what you are, you can't be anything else. The reason you're alive right now isn't that time has been flowing along until this point. There never was a before you were alive for you, and there is no after you're alive.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say much more eloquently. :D

Since I can't find the old psychedelic revelations thread, this one is the new one. We only allow one thread about things you think of while on drugs in P&S.

What I call 'I' is just the universe's reflexive, self-observing function. This function has manifested itself in many physical forms before, and will manifest itself in many others after the death of this human vehicle I currently, and largely erroneously, equate with the word 'I'.

-- high dose ketamine, inexperienced

Last edited:
There is a man who lives in a secret room at my best friends house. Everytime I take a drug the affects are merely caused by him manipulating the world with 2 joy sticks.

- Salvia 20x

I spent a good 5 minutes assuring my friend it was definently the truth

dxm binge

i am not what i do.
i am not a photographer, i am not a basketball player, i am not a bassist, etc.

i am a 22 year old male with a consciousness. the rest i can slip on and off like clothing.

energy cannot be created or destroyed. how does this prove there is an afterlife? i suppose it depends on what your concept of afterlife is.

also what the hell does this mean?...
"today a man on acid* realized...
* dextromethorphan"

if your concept of life is something that reproduces in some way, then no, i don't see how energy left over from an object can replicate grow and/or develop.
but a battery has a life. a tv can survive a fall and still function. plastic decomposes. things change.

perhaps copious amounts of the drug are need to be fux0red up enough to understand.

listen to aenima, and there's a skit, i think before or after "jimmy". but i was on dex. oh, TOOL's aenima, it's hard to belive, but i guess not all are as into tool as i am.