• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

ФФФ Thoughts About Life (or Psychedelic insight) MEGATHREAD! ФФФ

you can shatter your ego for a while but I refuse to believe you can attain nirvana through purely chemical means.

QFT. Some type of consistent sustainable practice is required (and that doesn't include consistently taking drugs haha).

To be enlightened is when you are free of all attachements; free of suffering... so follow me here, if you are still attached to material things like drugs etc even if you can't "go back" like you say you are still craving something and thus incapable of being enlightened. You might think you are, or have found some inner peace but you have not reached by any means the ultimate reality of now; the higher self. Especially not with the drug regimen you're taking, you can shatter your ego for a while but I refuse to believe you can attain nirvana through purely chemical means.

What your describing is a sustained realization of causal emptiness. While buddha smoker probably hasn't achieved that, that is not the sole definition of enlightenment. However, I agree that a method/practice of turning realized states into permanent traits would be probably be highly beneficial to buddha and thus the world.

I just got my valiums int he mail 2day and my friend gave me the rest of his shake from the white widow batch. I'm soo happy :]]]]

To be enlightened is when you are free of all attachements; free of suffering... so follow me here, if you are still attached to material things like drugs etc even if you can't "go back" like you say you are still craving something and thus incapable of being enlightened. You might think you are, or have found some inner peace but you have not reached by any means the ultimate reality of now; the higher self. Especially not with the drug regimen you're taking, you can shatter your ego for a while but I refuse to believe you can attain nirvana through purely chemical means.
judging from what he wrote, i don't think he reached peace of mind, i think he reached an understanding of things that turned his world completely upside down

judging from what he wrote, i don't think he reached peace of mind, i think he reached an understanding of things that turned his world completely upside down

Yah that's what I figured. But when I see the words "buddha" and "reached enlightenment" followed by intense drug use it makes my mind cringe.

I wouldn't worry too much, guys... He has had a glimpse, and is confused, which is understandable. But much will come from experiences and lessons will be taught to himself as is true for all of us.

It's just me and trying to figure out who I am is a game. The search for truth is a game but a very hard one, there is no end in sight but through this search we can immensely better ourselves. We are living in an illusion I have noticed, I created myself a false consciousness created by this societies ideology which I have begun to take apart. Learning to think for yourself is essential to living an authentic life. I have been denying myself this authentic life for far too long and a recent trip had made me realize this. Achieving my desires and my well being has becoming the center of my thinking. I see myself as a subject now rather then an object. I could go on and on about the insight I have gained but that would take a long time. Most importantly I realized life is truly wonderful.

To quote the late great Bill Hicks:

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people."
"It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

Wow dude, thanks for that.

And yes, this is it, in the sense that we are experiencing existence as we know it right now, and we must seize it. Even if there is something more after our deaths, it would be ultimately different from the very unique experiences and joys we have now, so we should absorb every detail with all the passion of our being.

Or else what are we here for...

It's just me and trying to figure out who I am is a game. The search for truth is a game but a very hard one, there is no end in sight but through this search we can immensely better ourselves. We are living in an illusion I have noticed, I created myself a false consciousness created by this societies ideology which I have begun to take apart. Learning to think for yourself is essential to living an authentic life. I have been denying myself this authentic life for far too long and a recent trip had made me realize this. Achieving my desires and my well being has becoming the center of my thinking. I see myself as a subject now rather then an object. I could go on and on about the insight I have gained but that would take a long time. Most importantly I realized life is truly wonderful.

had the same happen to me, it is truly wonderful =]

Love is all you need

I've noticed that every single time I really get deep into psychedelics, I get pretty much the same insight. And that is that love is the most important thing in human life, and without it (being mistrustful, keeping to yourself all the time, etc) what is the point to living? Life is a gift meant to be shared, especially with those people that you share that special connection with.

Maybe this is because I'm not quite as trusting, empathetic, or social as I would like to be, but I have a feeling that it might be universal. Anyone else get this?

What are we?

Do you ever stop and think to yourself that, thats all we are is a big ball of evergy. Technicly we dont even exist. We are held together with a bunch of energy, and if it were to let go we'd blow away into dust.

Think about it.

I let go last night with a does of mescaline and I didn't blow away- I just became more aware of the energy surrounding me.

I understand where your coming from but when you use an abstract term such as "big ball of energy" and claim that to be humanity I cant really relate. And do you mean we as isolated individual ego's don't exist or do you mean to say that there are no humans or sentient beings who exist? Do you mean that when you meditate that you watch the fleeting sensations and thoughts pass by and realize the transient nature of all forms, sensations and thoughts? That's how I understand your "letting go" you stop identifying with the passing forms and you watch as the layers of ego peel away.

The Emotional Energy Body. The emotional body contains the emotional patterns, feelings, and vibrations that determine our personality, and also how we feel about ourselves and interact with others. If we are constantly angry, always feel helpless, or are consistently fearful, these patterns or vibrations get locked in our emotional energy field and become a part of our personality. This determines to a very large degree how we interact with others on personal, social, and cultural levels.

The emotional body generally follows the shape of the physical and etheric bodies, but is somewhat more amorphous and fluid, and extends from one to about three inches outside the physical body. It contains energy "blobs" of all colors of the rainbow, depending on the specific feeling or emotion. Highly charged feelings such as love, hate, joy, and anger are associated with energy blobs that are bright and clear, while confused feelings are darker and muddier.

The Mental Energy Body. The mental body contains the structure and patterns of all the thoughts and belief systems that we consider as true. And there is a very strong connection between the mental and emotional bodies. Although a thought or idea can in itself be very powerful, our reactions to those thoughts carry even more energy, and different people will react differently to the same thought.

For example, consider the thought form "If you are not a Catholic (or Protestant, or Muslim, or Jew, or whatever), you can not go to Heaven." One person might hear that thought or idea, think it was silly, and give it absolutely no energy. But another person might become very passionate, depending on his greater belief systems, and argue strongly either for or against the truth of that statement. His emotional body would then record the intensity of the reaction to the thought stored in the mental body. However, the person who thought the statement was silly in the first place would not have any resonance with it, and no energetic pattern would be stored in either the mental or emotional bodies.

The mental body usually appears as yellow light radiating around the entire body from head to toe, and extends from three to eight inches beyond the physical body. Within this area, individual thought forms appear as small blobs of light of varying form and intensity.

The Spiritual Energy Body. The spiritual body (i.e., all vibrational patterns in octaves higher than the mental body) contains all the information related to our experiences, and reflects our gestalt consciousness of all that has been learned and experienced. It contains our higher intentions, our sense of what is right and wrong ("conscience"), and our desires to increase our awareness of our purpose, place and mission for this lifetime.

These five energy bodies make up one's Human Energy Field, or aura. Its outer shape appears roughly egg-shaped and extends out to perhaps 1½ to two feet beyond the physical body; however, this shape can be extended even further out or contracted closer to the physical body depending on the situation the person is experiencing. For example, when a person is feeling emotions of unconditional love, the aura may expand to several feet and radiate bright hues of gold or white. But if the same person is feeling threatened physically or emotionally, the entire aura may collapse to a much denser pattern within only a few inches of the body.

¤¥¤ The Psychedelic revelations megathread v. today a man on acid* realized...

* dextromethorphan

there must be an afterlife.
energy can not be wholly snuffed out.
our bodies(&mind), of chemicals and synaptic reactions appear to stop as we die but, where does the energy go? we do not know. whether it be conscious or otherwise that energy needs a place to go. maybe it pops through, and tears a hole in our perceived dimensions. perhaps when enough of us die, the holes will make this bubble in the multiverse pop. either way i can not imagine that an all knowing omnipotent God could want us all to spend all of our time with a one way conversation and ignore the finer things in life.
also, i can understand how people use Him as a tool to kick habits, and that's all well and good, but not for me.

Energy can't be snuffed out->There must be an afterlife=bad inference. The energy dissipates as heat or remains bound up in chemicals.

What do you mean irrelevant? In this context, I took you to be using "afterlife" to refer to some preservation of consciousness or personal identity after the end of biological life. The conservation of energy doesn't necessitate that at all.