• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

ФФФ Thoughts About Life (or Psychedelic insight) MEGATHREAD! ФФФ

In these types of threads the scientific definition of energy and the metaphorical definition too often get conflated.

Asking for precision of language is a tall order when we're talking about approximating psychedelic experiences with words. I say if the word feels like the most fitting one to describe the subjective experience, use it.

Energy can't be snuffed out->There must be an afterlife=bad inference. The energy dissipates as heat or remains bound up in chemicals.
chemical interactions and the energy/matter we know of are not capable of producing consciousness unless we introduce new things into the pictre (or you think a sufficiently sophisticated system of gears could be conscious, i think that's a non sequitur)

you're right about no energy change when the body dies; but the energy we are talking about is the particles we know of

i agree though that whatever is (naturally/scientifically) producing our awareness/qualia/consciousness probably can take hold of many types of physical forms of bodies, and that yeah we'd enter a new being upon death (or go to a universe where our consciousness needs no body)

I had a really profound thought I can't let go of, even though it's kind of troubling me right now. Has the presence of the media in our homes, the ever-present drone of TV and internet music, diminished our ability to dream? Did my grandfather develop a part of himself I'll never have, because all he had was a book and a mind, a tinny AM radio on which he didn't choose the tunes, and maybe an empty white wall or a breezy window to stare at while he dreamed of faraway places and things he might someday do? And did this change who he was and how he lived his life, as opposed to someone like me here and now, who can see a photoreal image or hear a high fidelity sound reproduction of anything I want whenever I want it?
we're going to have parts of ourselves your grandfather could never have imagined. technological progress is giving us more and more "complex stimulation for our consciousness" as we grow as society/individuals... what's coming with gaming and simulation technology is something to be in awe of IMO. your grandfather will be jealous that you grew up with all that video, didn't develop as nuanced a mind perhaps, but then we get the technology to ramp up your memory 1000% so you're a savant, ramp up your creativity and visualization ability, ETC, to the point where every human in a future technological world is a genius

take that grandpa :p

I really don't think it's fair to directly translate and compare character traits of one era to that of another. It's one thing to distinguish certain characteristics, but another to go as far as to imply that one is better than another.

Of course technological advancement has dramatically changed our relationships with ourselves and the world around us--however, the ability that you feel has dissipated may just express itself in a different way.

This trait has not disappeared--you certainly have the ability to dream just like your grandpa; no one can stop you from doing that. Even though our species is in a constant state of flux, we have a tendency (for better or for worse) to hold on to what's dear. Dreaming is what pushes us forward as a collective and as individuals. The way we dream may have changed, but we still do. Different time, different place, different people.

looking at the morning mooon

i'm on a dxm plateau that is pretty strange and interesting ... the wave came a bit ago and i dont know how to describe it. exihilerating angst maybe lotsa things whisping through my mind that seem to be telling me something .... did a clon to smooth out the experience ... lotsa music flowing through my mind but no headfones ... walked outside to the riverside with the dawn coming and the mooon looking at me ... very strangely nicely remote .... will see where i might go now ....

I don't think this thread belongs here although I do envy you deeply, having a riverside close by you're house. God dam city life. The best time to experience a drug I've found, is exactly when the night slowly fades into the morning light, its beautiful.

Like the Yes song "Starship trooper" lyric says......"even though you've seen there, please don't tell a soul/say a word. I know exactly where you are coming from but remember that those who are these things can change you for the negative if you probe too deep. Just keep saying......linear time exists, the walls are solid :)

Yes, I took a 6 year break from psychedelics......I use to only take LSD and mushies, and then I got into MDMA. Fast forward to know, and I have tried alot of the new psych's and some of them....especially 2c-t-2/2c-e have helped me integrate my past trips. Some of them don't allow you to tap into the collective, but 2c-e is a tool that allows you to access your brain like an I-pad.........with full menu options....mental construct processing with just one dose and closed eyes :)

Salvia is a whole lot like LSD if you just do the leaf by itself...especially in combo.
err. if you take a combo of both, of course you're going to feel some lsd effects

as for salvia being a lot like lsd, i think there was a glitch in the matrix :)

When we sleep, someone or something in the ethereal, maybe God, maybe other humans, maybe "the observers" (to use a Dark City reference, lol) consciously merge most of these parallel universes back together into one branch.
i'll let others discuss the whole theory
but just about this sentence

why during our sleep?
a being with such a power could do it at any time / all the time

also, people don't sleep at the same time
so are you suggesting that we all live and interact from different universes rather than that every decision changes the common universe in which we live?

Please, everyone...

The Shulgin scale only goes up to ++++.

Know your tools, and know them well.
SpinalTap.jpg

These go to eleven.

Girly and beyond: P&S is neither PD nor TR nor Blog.

We do, however, have a psychedelics revelations mega-thread. I have merged both of your threads here.

And yes, there is no such thing as a "+++++".

Girly: Have you read Shulgin's books? He was the one who coined the Plus system. The number of plus signs is not a measurement of intensity, but rather a gauge of how extensive the psychedelic's effects are. For shulgin, a +4 was a state of infinity. It is redundant to speak of "+5" because +4 is the end.

Now, if you feel that shulgin's scale is not adequate enough, feel free to invent your own, but keep in mind that you're going to have to explain it every time you use it.

i don't think you have godlike powers during a ++++. i can see how a ++++ can lead you to believe that you do, and lead you to feel like you're in a +infinite+

What does "reprogramming the infinite" mean exactly? Can you change the value of pi?

Girly: That's nice, I'm happy for you, but since no one here can benefit from this, please take it to your blog.

Girly, have you ever thought about writing a novel based around these experiences? You can say so much more with fiction and metaphor than you can with direct speech. You could easily use a fantasy or sci-fi device to integrate these abilities with a character.