Mental Health Coming off Invega (paliperidone) injections, v 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ive seen documentaries which talk about how drug companies basically brbie doctors to make good reports. Like the pharmaceutical compsnies will create the reports, but have a doctor sign it saying he wrote it. I think its called ghost writing. Also pharmaceutical companies donate to medical schools and they influence the curriculum.

On a side note. I think if you want to recover you have to also try and do things to recover. You can just lay in bed all day. Its like the brain is a muscle, you have to use it or else you lose it. Like obviously if your still on the meds you cant just recover. But for those that have been off for a while, maybe try and be more active in your life slowly in order to recover. Ive recovered from these meds 3 times already so this comes from my own personal experience. You have to start trying to live a more normal life after youve been off for a while. Jntil you start just doing normal things apl the time all a sudden then you noticed you recovered.
Yeah, its easy to see. Just ask a doctor or psychiatrist to give alternatives to medications and you will see a blank stare, they know of nothing but chemical prescriptions. The entire health service is a giant fraud, they have no alternatives to pills (condition management). Now dont get me wrong, some of these professionals serve an important role.......lets say you need stitched up, or emergency treatment like broken bones, these people are of good use, but if you need help with a long standing non emergency condition, run a mile. Holistic practioners have far more to offer when it comes to actually solving a problem and not watching you deteriorate for the rest of your life with added side effects.

Hello beautiful people,

I found this community in March of 2019, 3 months after my husband was injected with the loading dose at the VA. I’m going to try and recall the events to give y’all some comfort and hope that recovery is in your future :)

He traveled a difficult road to recover like many of you. My husband is diagnosed with PTSD from his time deployment(2007) to Iraq (He spent 15 months in daily combat). In late 2018 he went an appt at the VA where the psychiatrist recommended Invega. We had no idea the damage that would occur.

First I noticed the side effects of the medication. I remember while laying in bed he could not stay still and he could not sleep for very long. He was prescribed more medication to combat the side effect(he did not take those). Then all the feeling of dullness and no emotions set in. He was really not able to do anything in the early months of coming off. I did TONS of research and we tried TONS of natural remedies. There were supplements for brain function and detox. We purchased a portable sauna and ionic foot baths to try to get it out of his system. We even spent $200 on a detox supplement that works at the cellular level. I noticed after 2 weeks of that expensive supplement that there was a slight change. Now I can’t say if it was all those things we tried or the Invega was lessening. The doctors will try to tell you that it only last for a month but that’s a lie. If you read the pharmacology report it last in your system for a year or longer. The medication does decrease over time but it is still present.

Little by little he started getting better. I would say it took about 1 year for him to fully his old self again. It’s not like one day you wake up and it’s all better. Remember it is gradual but you will get there. Try not to pollute your body “trying” to see if you feel something because your body is already been through enough with this horrible drug. Try not to panic and think you will never get better. Remember people find this community when they are at their worst and when they get better there is no need to come back. Ever now and again someone will reach out to us so I come back to give the new people some hope because I know that’s what we were looking for. Take one day at a time. Until next time, take care and look forward to being you again❤️

I am willing to bet my life on that psychiatry is only temporary. We will look back on psychiatry in the future and say to ourselves ”What the fuck were we doing?”. The future of medicine is medicinal plants and they will be abundant and as easy to get as butter. Pharmaceutical medicine does not cure anything. It adds problems to already existing problems. There is no room for schemes in the New Earth.

Lesson learnt from psychiatry. Do not ever talk to them. They will only find a way to force injections on you. If you can you should move and cut all contact with psychiatry. By doing so you will recover.
This is certainly your opinion but that is all it is, an opinion. Believe it or not, not all psychiatrists push injections on their patients.

I completely understand that Invega, and other long acting injectables, are poison and should be avoided if possible. But this boils down to individual psychiatrists, not all of them. And I argue that overall, psychiatry has helped far more people than it has hurt. We just don't hear about the success stories because those folks are out living their lives instead of posting their experiences online.

And just to share my own experience, I took several Risperidone injections while locked up in a state hospital. The second I was discharged, my psychiatrist immediately took me off the injections and put me back on pills. Yes the injections were a horrible experience and yes it took me around a year to recover. But I did recover and here I am, nearly 20 years later with those days as a distant memory in my mind. Well not quite so distant because I always draw on those memories in my attempt to try to give hope to people on here.

So no, I do not believe psychiatry should be avoided by everyone at all times. They can and do save people's lives every day. We do however need to remain vigilant and advocate for ourselves by not only questioning our psychiatrists but being active in researching the medications they are recommending and not doing something we do not feel comfortable with doing.

If anything else, constantly thinking about whatever psychiatry or the pharma industries are doing from behind the curtains is not going to help you recover, especially if you make an enemy out of people who can potentially help you just as much as they did harm

I was also hating on my psych while I was on the shots: she was saying all kinds of stuff which was obviously meant to put the blame away from her medications and protect herself in case I wanted to involve the law or something. Next thing I did was tell her that I didn't care about whose fault it is if I'm suffering so much, I just want to recover and forget about it. That's when she started recommending me some of the supplements which have also been recommended in the old threads here, while also prescribing me stuff to help my insomnia for a couple months like Stilnox (which doesn't even work at all on Xeplion, despite reports saying it can have devastating hallucinatory or memory altering effects when taken by itself) and Delorazepam (which did help me sleep for a bit despite being allegedly more light-weight than Stilnox). I can tell that whatever is on my psych's mind is not meant to directly hurt me so I can just go along with whatever she suggests me to do, which for now involves visiting a new therapist (which I get for free, I think therapists are pretty useless when it comes to dealing with Xeplion shots but hey it's one extra person to talk to while passing the time) and doing some group activities with no drugs whatsoever

The only people I have no sympathy for are those conmen who have taken advantage of my situation to scam me out of several grands by selling me these rocks that they sold as "therapeutic crystals" which do absolutely nothing and claiming some bullshit about my closed chakras being the cause of my symptoms. I only fell for it because I was that much cognitively damaged by the shots and they also had me do some "therapeutic" sittings where I was put to listen to this 2-minute piano song for hours, it makes me wonder if it was really the injections that gave me music anhedonia or if it was because I've dealt with this kind of stupid shit for months but what I know is that I started feeling better the moment I got rid of these people as well (they were customers at my workplace so I basically had to quit my job to get rid of them)

Last edited:
If anything else, constantly thinking about whatever psychiatry or the pharma industries are doing from behind the curtains is not going to help you recover, especially if you make an enemy out of people who can potentially help you just as much as they did harm

I was also hating on my psych while I was on the shots: she was saying all kinds of stuff which was obviously meant to put the blame away from her medications and protect herself in case I wanted to involve the law or something. Next thing I did was tell her that I didn't care about whose fault it is if I'm suffering so much, I just want to recover and forget about it. That's when she started recommending me some of the supplements which have also been recommended in the old threads here, while also prescribing me stuff to help my insomnia for a couple months like Stilnox (which doesn't even work at all on Xeplion, despite reports saying it can have devastating hallucinatory or memory altering effects when taken by itself) and Delorazepam (which did help me sleep for a bit despite being allegedly more light-weight than Stilnox). I can tell that whatever is on my psych's mind is not meant to directly hurt me so I can just go along with whatever she suggests me to do, which for now involves visiting a new therapist (which I get for free, I think therapists are pretty useless when it comes to dealing with Xeplion shots but hey it's one extra person to talk to while passing the time) and doing some group activities with no drugs whatsoever

The only people I have no sympathy for are those conmen who have taken advantage of my situation to scam me out of several grands by selling me these rocks that they sold as "therapeutic crystals" which do absolutely nothing and claiming some bullshit about my closed chakras being the cause of my symptoms. I only fell for it because I was that much cognitively damaged by the shots and they also had me do some "therapeutic" sittings where I was put to listen to this 2-minute piano song for hours, it makes me wonder if it was really the injections that gave me music anhedonia or if it was because I've dealt with this kind of stupid shit for months but what I know is that I started feeling better the moment I got rid of these people as well (they were customers at my workplace so I basically had to quit my job to get rid of them)
Yeah you are spot on. Sometimes all I can think about is the harm this stuff caused me and the people who administered it. Constantly focusing on the negative can and will make your recovery more difficult, that's not to say you shouldn't be aware of how psychaitrist operate. It is true, they are not all bad, most probably get into it believing they are helping. The fact remains that most of these drugs are very dangerous and you need to understand that psychaitrist will try to prescribe this stuff unaware of the harm they cause. Forums like this can help bring that awareness about.

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum/thread.

My story is similar to many around here, I myself got injected with Xeplion due to psychosis and got terrible side effects from it, starting with 2 loading doses of 150mg, and another dose of 150mg.
Then after that I don't quite remember how many shots in total I received, I think it was around 5 more, tapering down to 75mg.
My last injection was on July 26th, starting in February.

Since the first loading doses, I noticed that my penis stopped producing semen and it slowly became numb with time.
Besides that, I also got severe restlessness/akathisia with that medication and I found it hard to adhere to a specific activity like playing video games, which I later discovered that it also as something to do with anhedonia (Almost impossible for me to watch movies for example because it was so boring, things I used to love to do became meaningless).

I decided to join the thread because yesterday I witnessed 2 major and significant improvements with the side effects.
It is a month off the last injection and I noticed that it was easier for me to sit in one place (akathisia slowly lifting) and the second is that I actually became horny again and produced semen, where as before it was only few drops coming out.

What still left and bothering me is the anhedonia.
Do you guys know how long until the anhedonia is lifted? It's hard to watch YouTube, everything is boring!

It gave me more side effects besides akathisia, anhedonia and ED. Some of the other ones are constipation, slurred speech, loss of appetite and inability to focus.

They told me at first that there are no side effects, which obviously is a total lie.

So, any idea how long for anhedonia to get lifted from me?

Last edited:
This is certainly your opinion but that is all it is, an opinion. Believe it or not, not all psychiatrists push injections on their patients.

I completely understand that Invega, and other long acting injectables, are poison and should be avoided if possible. But this boils down to individual psychiatrists, not all of them. And I argue that overall, psychiatry has helped far more people than it has hurt. We just don't hear about the success stories because those folks are out living their lives instead of posting their experiences online.

And just to share my own experience, I took several Risperidone injections while locked up in a state hospital. The second I was discharged, my psychiatrist immediately took me off the injections and put me back on pills. Yes the injections were a horrible experience and yes it took me around a year to recover. But I did recover and here I am, nearly 20 years later with those days as a distant memory in my mind. Well not quite so distant because I always draw on those memories in my attempt to try to give hope to people on here.

So no, I do not believe psychiatry should be avoided by everyone at all times. They can and do save people's lives every day. We do however need to remain vigilant and advocate for ourselves by not only questioning our psychiatrists but being active in researching the medications they are recommending and not doing something we do not feel comfortable with doing.
Well said Jerry

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum/thread.

My story is similar to many around here, I myself got injected with Xeplion due to psychosis and got terrible side effects from it, starting with 2 loading doses of 150mg, and another dose of 150mg.
Then after that I don't quite remember how many shots in total I received, I think it was around 5 more, tapering down to 75mg.
My last injection was on July 26th, starting in February.

Since the first loading doses, I noticed that my penis stopped producing semen and it slowly became numb with time.
Besides that, I also got severe restlessness/akathisia with that medication and I found it hard to adhere to a specific activity like playing video games, which I later discovered that it also as something to do with anhedonia (Almost impossible for me to watch movies for example because it was so boring, things I used to love to do became meaningless).

I decided to join the thread because yesterday I witnessed 2 major and significant improvements with the side effects.
It is a month off the last injection and I noticed that it was easier for me to sit in one place (akathisia slowly lifting) and the second is that I actually became horny again and produced semen, where as before it was only few drops coming out.

What still left and bothering me is the anhedonia.
Do you guys know how long until the anhedonia is lifted? It's hard to watch YouTube, everything is boring!

It gave me more side effects besides akathisia, anhedonia and ED. Some of the other ones are constipation, slurred speech, loss of appetite and inability to focus.

They told me at first that there are no side effects, which obviously is a total lie.

So, any idea how long for anhedonia to get lifted from me?
Hello there and welcome!

After my Risperidone injections, I was also unable to produce semen for a while. At first, in my semi-paranoid state, I thought the hospital had somehow sterilized me while I was locked up. Such a relief when the cum finally came.

As for the anhedonia, when you have time, I would try to read through and maybe even use the search function at the top right to look up "anhedonia" in this thread. From reading this thread, it seems that on average it may take 8 months to a year for the anhedonia to subside. But that is an average so it may be sooner or it may take longer. Just remember, we are all different and each of us has different side effects and healing times from these medications. Like I said, try read through the thread and see what you can find from other people's experiences with Invega. I know there is a lot of pages so it may be easier to take this on in chunks.

Best of luck and I hope to see you around.

Hello there and welcome!

After my Risperidone injections, I was also unable to produce semen for a while. At first, in my semi-paranoid state, I thought the hospital had somehow sterilized me while I was locked up. Such a relief when the cum finally came.

As for the anhedonia, when you have time, I would try to read through and maybe even use the search function at the top right to look up "anhedonia" in this thread. From reading this thread, it seems that on average it may take 8 months to a year for the anhedonia to subside. But that is an average so it may be sooner or it may take longer. Just remember, we are all different and each of us has different side effects and healing times from these medications. Like I said, try read through the thread and see what you can find from other people's experiences with Invega. I know there is a lot of pages so it may be easier to take this on in chunks.

Best of luck and I hope to see you around.
Thank you!
Yes, it was quite a happy moment for me, to realize I haven't lost my sexual function for good.
Does it take so long for anhedonia to subside because of dopamine receptors? and do they actually able to fully heal?

'Sup, I'll begin with some news you might find bad first:

You're in for a long anhedonia and cognitive impairment ride, and as you might have already noticed on yourself the first 2-3 months are the absolute hell that feel like an eternity and generally make people talk suicidal things. This is *normal* (so normal that you'll wonder why this drug is as commonly used as it is) and like 99% of people on Xeplion get this. Psychs claim to know people who can function perfectly fine, driving cars and holding high risk jobs while taking 10 years worth of shots but until I meet someone like that with my own eyes I just refuse to believe such people exist

The GOOD news however is that eventually stuff gets better: you get used to the situation, the amount of paliperidone affecting you gradually goes down and just as slowly you get back the meaning to do stuff you used to enjoy. This is particularly true for people who manage to keep both of their feet on the ground and their head in check during withdrawal

What I can suggest you and others with xeplion-induced anhedonia that are just fresh off injection is to go back and read all of the previous threads (You can start reading from v1 or v2 and going forward but I did it in reverse and it was still good)

While reading those old threads, look for recovery stories that closely match your situation as there's a lot of them. Find a few of them that you particularly like and stick with them as your hope to keep going. I could recommend a few stories but I think that stuff is very subjective and it's probably best if you do your own research down there

My first months off sound kinda similar to what you've been through I'm not even close to being recovered but each month has been better than the last so far, to the point where I can actually look forward to things getting better as I keep living and doing stuff to pass the time

'Sup, I'll begin with some news you might find bad first:

You're in for a long anhedonia and cognitive impairment ride, and as you might have already noticed on yourself the first 2-3 months are the absolute hell that feel like an eternity and generally make people talk suicidal things. This is *normal* (so normal that you'll wonder why this drug is as commonly used as it is) and like 99% of people on Xeplion get this. Psychs claim to know people who can function perfectly fine, driving cars and holding high risk jobs while taking 10 years worth of shots but until I meet someone like that with my own eyes I just refuse to believe such people exist

The GOOD news however is that eventually stuff gets better: you get used to the situation, the amount of paliperidone affecting you gradually goes down and just as slowly you get back the meaning to do stuff you used to enjoy. This is particularly true for people who manage to keep both of their feet on the ground and their head in check during withdrawal

What I can suggest you and others with xeplion-induced anhedonia that are just fresh off injection is to go back and read all of the previous threads (You can start reading from v1 or v2 and going forward but I did it in reverse and it was still good)

While reading those old threads, look for recovery stories that closely match your situation as there's a lot of them. Find a few of them that you particularly like and stick with them as your hope to keep going. I could recommend a few stories but I think that stuff is very subjective and it's probably best if you do your own research down there

My first months off sound kinda similar to what you've been through I'm not even close to being recovered but each month has been better than the last so far, to the point where I can actually look forward to things getting better as I keep living and doing stuff to pass the time
I rather kill myself then waiting that long for the damage to subside, if at all.
I've read this entire thread already, and it seems that nobody recovered fully to the point they got their old self back.

I'm not willing to wait that long living this way.
I should have known how damaging this drug is before getting injected.

Some will never recover because they are on court order to take the shots. It is all corrupt this system we live in.

I think I had three of them. It's been several years. I am recovered, but I take another neuroleptic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.