• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

When will I feel normal

Hahaha, don't overthink it man, you will be fine. ; ) Your wife just wants a day where both sides accept your union of marriage. I understand that. As long as you consider her and try to make her happy, you will in turn be happy.

Ash.

My wife knows how much you helped me she is fine with it.I make my family sound bad but you will see our punjabi hospitality we treat guests like gods.She will chat too you before.Ash this vow thing is such a bad idea its not me at all but wife is into it.Are we just going to repeat our wedding vows or will she get the bright idea to write our own.Im so stoned right now and this vow thing doing my head in my old man will take the piss.

Im a lucky man ash I married my first love.I cheated on her she been with me through 14 years of crank and coke then 13 years of heroin.To lay down next to her at night knowing this women had my back through all that and still loves me its the best feeling in the world.I want to grow old with her see some grandkids and I pray I go before her could not handle not having her.

On another note,

I wanted you to know how much I value you and our friendship, I just wanted you to know that, you have been here for me and more of a friend to me than anyone in my real life.

I understand the struggles you have gone through and overcome, because I have my own struggles with chronic pain and all the stigma and hassles that come with it.

I am very impressed with your tenacity and strength and I am so proud of you, as you should be of yourself.

And I want you to know what a good man and a very valued friend you are to me.

I will always wish the best for you and your lovely family and you can call on me anytime for any reason and I will be there for you.

Ash.

On another note,

I wanted you to know how much I value you and our friendship, I just wanted you to know that, you have been here for me and more of a friend to me than anyone in my real life.

I understand the struggles you have gone through and overcome, because I have my own struggles with chronic pain and all the stigma and hassles that come with it.

I am very impressed with your tenacity and strength and I am so proud of you, as you should be of yourself.

And I want you to know what a good man and a very valued friend you are to me.

I will always wish the best for you and your lovely family and you can call on me anytime for any reason and I will be there for you.

Ash.
Ashley you mean so much to me I can never repay what you done for me.Thats why I said anything you need you just have to ask.I find it hard to express love to friends but you the reason im still clean.During my recovery I even planned to end marriage and just keep using your words kept me on path.Hve you heard from rio fantastic he had relapsed then stopped but heard no more hope he good.

Thanks Yuba,

You're too kind, I am so proud of you for making that decision to stay the course and you WILL reap the benefits of that decision. You will be creating new and lasting memories with your children for one example. That in itself is a gift. Plus I'm sure your wife is much happier. Your happiness is also paramount, so if for any reason you feel shaky or struggle, hit me up.

You'll be fine though, you're a tough old school hard working mofo, how could you not? ; )

Rio, yes, I haven't seen him around in quite a while. I too am concerned, hope he checks in soon and sees there are people here that are worried about him.

Ash.

Ashley you mean so much to me I can never repay what you done for me.Thats why I said anything you need you just have to ask.I find it hard to express love to friends but you the reason im still clean.During my recovery I even planned to end marriage and just keep using your words kept me on path.Hve you heard from rio fantastic he had relapsed then stopped but heard no more hope he good.

Thanks Yuba,

You're too kind, I am so proud of you for making that decision to stay the course and you WILL reap the benefits of that decision. You will be creating new and lasting memories with your children for one example. That in itself is a gift. Plus I'm sure your wife is much happier. Your happiness is also paramount, so if for any reason you feel shaky or struggle, hit me up.

You'll be fine though, you're a tough old school hard working mofo, how could you not? ; )

Rio, yes, I haven't seen him around in quite a while. I too am concerned, hope he checks in soon and sees there are people here that are worried about him.

Ash.
Thanks ash I'll be ok during these fucking vows.The hardworking is down to my old man and the Punjabi thinking of a man no matter what has to get up on the morning and work for his family.In my culture a man is a man only if he does his duty for his family.I could have lived comfortably on the money that comes in from my business with cousin.The only reason I got a outside job was to provide the funds for My drugs.I to hope Rio is ok I am worries about him

Wow! Just wow! I have just finished this thread with tears! Ash... Yuba.... what a beautiful testimonial! Ash you are an amazing and beautiful soul! Yuba congratulations friend! I am so glad you found each other and that all is well!

I think it's a true example of just one faceless, fearless friend can make all the difference in the world!! ❤❤

Wow! Just wow! I have just finished this thread with tears! Ash... Yuba.... what a beautiful testimonial! Ash you are an amazing and beautiful soul! Yuba congratulations friend! I am so glad you found each other and that all is well!

I think it's a true example of just one faceless, fearless friend can make all the difference in the world!! ❤❤
Thanks mate it is just something else how someone I have never met could drag me out of the hell I was in.How are you hope you are doing well thanks for the kind words.

Thanks CL, that put a smile on my face.

You are a very nice presence here in Sober Living, I hope you stick around and hang with us.

Love,
your friend,
Ash.

You have gotten a lot of good qualities from your old man Yuba. No one is all good or all bad, try to draw from the good qualities you got from him and you can leave the bad ones that you are aware of behind.

Yes I hope Rio is okay too.

Hugs and I hope you had a good day my friend,
Ash.

Thanks ash I'll be ok during these fucking vows.The hardworking is down to my old man and the Punjabi thinking of a man no matter what has to get up on the morning and work for his family.In my culture a man is a man only if he does his duty for his family.I could have lived comfortably on the money that comes in from my business with cousin.The only reason I got a outside job was to provide the funds for My drugs.I to hope Rio is ok I am worries about him

You have gotten a lot of good qualities from your old man Yuba. No one is all good or all bad, try to draw from the good qualities you got from him and you can leave the bad ones that you are aware of behind.

Yes I hope Rio is okay too.

Hugs and I hope you had a good day my friend,
Ash.
He did have some good qualities he clothed us fed us taught us all a great work ethic.If only he could have not given us the mental abuse and beatings which were bad talking broken bones and said he loved us to any of us boys it would have been a perfect dad.Saying that he gave up drinking so I would get better that showed me he loves us was a massive weight of my shoulders.

To anyone with kids out there.Treat them right do your duty in clothing them feeding them but the most important thing is love them dearly.I tell my kids everyday how much I love them.No matter what my kids do who they marry straight or gay whatever I will always be there.My marriage none of my family came to my wedding I still can't look at my wedding photos without crying in bathroom afterwards.I still lump up whenever I see father son bonding on tv.

Hey guys. Wow, means a lot that you guys were worried about me! I'm doing OK - I basically relapsed through all of september and most of this month but am now on day 6 of sobriety and giving it a real go again. I ODed for the first time during this relapse when my shot was stronger than I intended and thankfully my friend came round earlier than he was meant to and the door to my flat was open so he could call the ambulance else I'd probably be dead. That really shook me and I really want to achieve sobriety. Been attending Smart Recovery which has been a huge help and I'd 100% recommend it to you guys if you're struggling.

Hows it going yuba?? Still clean?? Are you in the US yet?

Hi Rio,
Glad you're ok and back posting with people that care about you. Try to to stick around a little longer, we love you here.

Yuba,

How are you doing my friend? I hope you're having a great day and enjoying your family.

Love you,
your friend,
Ash.

Ita day 16 for me and not a wink of sleep. Not none. Its driving me insane. Restless legs and tbis awful taste in my mouth. I thought i may have had a dream for like a sec but I think it was just my racing thoughts. My girl wants to kill me i toss and turn all night. And she works so much. But does any know anything that may help that i won't fail a drug test for? I got probation in a few days. When i do go its benzo time for me. But until then can anyone help. Id trade anything for sleep rn. Ty

Hey guys. Wow, means a lot that you guys were worried about me! I'm doing OK - I basically relapsed through all of september and most of this month but am now on day 6 of sobriety and giving it a real go again. I ODed for the first time during this relapse when my shot was stronger than I intended and thankfully my friend came round earlier than he was meant to and the door to my flat was open so he could call the ambulance else I'd probably be dead. That really shook me and I really want to achieve sobriety. Been attending Smart Recovery which has been a huge help and I'd 100% recommend it to you guys if you're struggling.

Hows it going yuba?? Still clean?? Are you in the US yet?
How you doing Rio so good to hear from you I was worried.Fuck me bruv how lucky are you let it be a wake up call mate.Im so glad I never shot up felt like it for the last few years but kept promise to wife.Keep strong mate for your own sake you could have been dead and your mum be going to look at you at the hospital cold as ice.Any time you need anything mate send me a message I'll give you my number and help in any way I can you helped me massively I would do it for you

Ita day 16 for me and not a wink of sleep. Not none. Its driving me insane. Restless legs and tbis awful taste in my mouth. I thought i may have had a dream for like a sec but I think it was just my racing thoughts. My girl wants to kill me i toss and turn all night. And she works so much. But does any know anything that may help that i won't fail a drug test for? I got probation in a few days. When i do go its benzo time for me. But until then can anyone help. Id trade anything for sleep rn. Ty[/QUOTE Day 16 you are doing well sleep is the cunt part of withdrawal.The only thing I can think of is lyrica but that's with a lot of reservations I say that.Use it once in a while to sleep be very careful it also comes with a headfuck of a withdrawal 8f abused and we the type to abuse.I went thru 7 days of the worst depression and feeling sorry for myself when I abused lyrica.Sleeo will return first a few hours then stuck on 5 to 6 hours this is the stage where I would relapse and have to start again it's not worth the temporary relief keep strong mate life is so much better on the other side.

Hi Rio,
Glad you're ok and back posting with people that care about you. Try to to stick around a little longer, we love you here.

Yuba,

How are you doing my friend? I hope you're having a great day and enjoying your family.

Love you,
your friend,
Ash.
How you doing mate hoping your having good days.Im doing good got a itching to go see my mate the dealer but I just talk on phone.I miss my mates the coke heads and the skagheads but I'm weak never say no to a line or brown so it is what it is.My wife is busy shipping this and that to states inbetween discussions with her sister about fucking wedding vows.My wife has picked the one thing that I would hate doing the most don't know why she wants to renew our vows she kept to her vows I'm the knob that broke all mine.But she the love of my life so sometimes it's best to smoke a joint stick earplugs in ear and listen to rock while her and her sister natter on the phone.Took me days to log on here kept asking for password and saying forbidden

How you doing mate hoping your having good days.Im doing good got a itching to go see my mate the dealer but I just talk on phone.I miss my mates the coke heads and the skagheads but I'm weak never say no to a line or brown so it is what it is.My wife is busy shipping this and that to states inbetween discussions with her sister about fucking wedding vows.My wife has picked the one thing that I would hate doing the most don't know why she wants to renew our vows she kept to her vows I'm the knob that broke all mine.But she the love of my life so sometimes it's best to smoke a joint stick earplugs in ear and listen to rock while her and her sister natter on the phone.Took me days to log on here kept asking for password and saying forbidden

How long sober are you man? By the way, have you tried Smart Recovery? I've been attending it recently and it's been so, so helpful. So much better than AA/NA.

How long sober are you man? By the way, have you tried Smart Recovery? I've been attending it recently and it's been so, so helpful. So much better than AA/NA.
How you doing bruv how you feeling.I been sober for a few months now all of October and maybe all September it's all a muddle I relapsed loads but this my longest with no gear.Not going to lie I'll still have moments of thinking maybe I could use once a week but that's what fucked me up last time.My most vulnerable time is when I go a long stretch without it I think I could give it ago.I am confident that I can stay the course.I can't talk about my feelings to people face to face so smart recovery proberly not for me.This is the place I go to get things of my chest.Keep strong mate don't go back to it you was so close to being dead last time for what a drug that takes up most our thoughts time money and it is just a fake life it's only a temporary relief mate.You have mentioned your mum before imagine her pain if something happened to you.As a father of three I can't imagine the pain of losing a child.