• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy 1P-LSD Thread - Volume 2

I've been very interested in whether 1P-LSD is actually different from LSD. I've tried it a few times and it felt very similar but I can't say for sure whether there is a difference based on my experiences. It does seem much more visual to me, but every trip is different.

I decided to do some research on the differences people perceive between LSD and 1P-LSD. I read through various posts on reddit and recorded the differences people reported.

Out of 100 people, 50 of them said 1p-LSD is completely identical in every way and the other half reported various differences they have noticed.

11 said its shorter lasting.
5 said its longer lasting.

4 said its more visual.
1 said its less visual.
3 more said the visuals are "different"

3 reported less headspace/spirituality
2 reported stronger mental effects

7 reported a rougher comeup
4 reported a smoother comeup

1 person said it has a rougher comedown
2 reported a smoother comedown

2 people said it has more body load
3 people said it has less body load

It seems that 1P-LSD is pretty much identical to LSD. The differences people describe are mostly contradictory and can easily be attributed to set and setting and dose. The most common differences reported are the comeup and duration, suggesting that it is absorbed into the body at a different rate than LSD which isn't surprising, although the people who report a difference are still in the minority. I would be very interested to see if people can differentiate between LSD, 1p-LSD and ALD-52 in a blind test.

Some people use 4-aco-dmt being different from 40-ho-dmt as an example of why 1p-LSD and LSD are likely different in effects, but thats not really a valid argument. In theory, the propionyl group should block 1p-LSD from binding to receptors, but theres no reason 4-aco-dmt shouldn't be active on its own.

The scientific report on 1p-LSD keeps getting mentioned, but most people seem to misinterpret it. Some people are saying only 38% of 1p-LSD is metabolized into LSD and the rest is active by itself, others say its active before metabolizing but 38% as potent as LSD. From my understanding, the active dose of LSD is 38% that of 1P-LSD in rats. This likely means that it is inactive but 38% was metabolized into LSD by the rats. The report also mentions that it was shown to metabolize into LSD in human serum, but I can't find information on how quickly it occurred or if all of it was metabolized.

I've never done ALD-52, but i could definately distinguish 1P-LSD from LSD. It's the come-up. Once the effects are there, it's hard to differentiate, but the come-up is definately different. It takes at least twice as long for it to fully work. Once you're in it, it's more or less the same.

1P-LSD IS LSD when it hits your tiny brain, so if someone didn't get off and others did...he, probably, wouldn't have felt "real" Lucy either...IMO. evn the comeup, per se, is the same for me, but just takes a little longer, after that...no difference, to me at least, but we are all different, or so I am told.
As for the 4-aco-dmt being active in its own right is well established, even if only anecdotally, but, for me, 1P-LSD isnt. JMHOFWIW.

Last edited:
1P-LSD IS LSD when it hits your tiny brain, so if someone didn't get off and others did...he, probably, wouldn't have felt "real" Lucy either...IMO. evn the comeup, per se, is the same for me, but just takes a little longer, after that...no difference, to me at least, but we are all different, or so I am told.
As for the 4-aco-dmt being active in its own right is well established, even if only anecdotally, but, for me, 1P-LSD isnt. JMHOFWIW.

Are you serious? Do you really need to denigrate people who experience 1P-LSD differently from LSD as having "tiny brains?" Seriously? That's honestly pathetic. It goes against everything that should be taught by the psychedelic experience: open mindedness, love, beauty, wonder - all of these things run counter to telling people that they have tiny brains because they think 1P is different than LSD.

Like wow, honestly. Not only does your individual experience mean NOTHING scientifically, I just don't know what would drive someone to be such an irrational, judgmental person.

Are you serious? Do you really need to denigrate people who experience 1P-LSD differently from LSD as having "tiny brains?" Seriously? That's honestly pathetic. It goes against everything that should be taught by the psychedelic experience: open mindedness, love, beauty, wonder - all of these things run counter to telling people that they have tiny brains because they think 1P is different than LSD.

Like wow, honestly. Not only does your individual experience mean NOTHING scientifically, I just don't know what would drive someone to be such an irrational, judgmental person.

Actually the "your" was the collective your, which would also include me...So, try and get that into your tiny brain! and unwad your panties, dry your eyes, and be a big boy. Political correctness has created a generation of whiners.

[MENTION=77889]Xorkoth[/MENTION] buddy; mind cleaning up these last bit of off-topic posts? Folks, let's please respect each other. Peace.

The famous acid chemist Owsley did an experiment in SF. He manufactured different color pills from the same LSD batch, same dosage. Of course, the blue ones were smoother, the red ones speedy, the white ones more spiritual...

Great story!! Never underestimate the power of suggestion.

I think we could go on forever until we don't start blind tests.

I tried 1p-LSD back in August, August 22nd I will never forget it

I got the tabs and knew about set and setting but looking back that was about it, I had a profound experience that was just epic. It might of only been Acid-Lite but it was enough to show me what LSD was all about!, LSD happiness and that feeling of just beiing alive, I don't think I knew I was alive before that night

I took 200ug every week for 10 weeks and the magic was gone, I got the message and had to hang up the phone

1p-LSD gave me a first trip that was as amazing as I could ever ask for, it changed my life

Had 100ug last week while hiking and camping in the mountains by myself. The trip was glorious and totally different again. Very complex stuff, not as straight forward and predictable as the 2C's.

It's still very busy on the line, 1p babbles a lot!

Can't hang up yet...

I've never done ALD-52, but i could definately distinguish 1P-LSD from LSD. It's the come-up. Once the effects are there, it's hard to differentiate, but the come-up is definately different. It takes at least twice as long for it to fully work. Once you're in it, it's more or less the same.

That's what you aren't getting: there is no standard LSD come up. I have weird come ups on LSD too there is no standard time could be 45 minutes could be an hour and a half. There is no way LSD come up time is written in stone. There is no standard LSD trip at all, they vary a lot. The above Reddit list is bang on there is not one thing about 1p that doesn't happen on LSD. Sure if it gave everyone a four hour trip I would say its different, but it gives the exact standard LSD time variations in trip. Every single thing people say about 1p can happen on LSD or not happen too.
I have done LSD a few hundred times and 1p about 15 and I don't see anything that's different. It's exactly the same.

That's what you aren't getting: there is no standard LSD come up. I have weird come ups on LSD too there is no standard time could be 45 minutes could be an hour and a half. There is no way LSD come up time is written in stone. There is no standard LSD trip at all, they vary a lot. The above Reddit list is bang on there is not one thing about 1p that doesn't happen on LSD. Sure if it gave everyone a four hour trip I would say its different, but it gives the exact standard LSD time variations in trip. Every single thing people say about 1p can happen on LSD or not happen too.
I have done LSD a few hundred times and 1p about 15 and I don't see anything that's different. It's exactly the same.
There's nothing i don't get. I also have done LSD a few hundred times, and i never had a come up taking longer than 75 minutes or less than 45 minutes. Never, ever, in more than a hundred times. Of the few dozen times i took 1P, it never, ever took less than two hours. That's a clear difference.

Maybe on those occasions where it took longer than 90 minutes for your LSD to work, you've actually had another lysergic like ALD-52. For
Except from the come-up and duration, i agree, with you however. Once it's doing it's thing, it's indistinguishable from LSD.

There's nothing i don't get. I also have done LSD a few hundred times, and i never had a come up taking longer than 75 minutes or less than 45 minutes. Never, ever, in more than a hundred times. Of the few dozen times i took 1P, it never, ever took less than two hours. That's a clear difference.

Maybe on those occasions where it took longer than 90 minutes for your LSD to work, you've actually had another lysergic like ALD-52. For
Except from the come-up and duration, i agree, with you however. Once it's doing it's thing, it's indistinguishable from LSD.
I guess everyone's different because I tried 1P-LSD 2 weeks ago sublingually @100mics and got my first alert in about 10mins.
The come up for me was extremely quickly.

I disagree. I had ALD-52 this weekend, it's also exactly the same as LSD too and any differences you think notice are placebo. I call bullshit on your ability to pick them out blind. Sorry just because you haven't had an LSD trip that takes that long to kick in doesn't mean shit. Every single thing you guys are saying is different isn't different. There is not one single thing that happens on 1p that doesn't happen on LSD. How can it take longer for it to kick in for you and shorter for the next guy? If everyone said it was shorter kick in , or longer, okay. But literally half are saying longer and half are saying shorter. It can't be both.

First: I haven't said that i can pick them out blind FOR ANY OTHER THING than the come-up. Second, how can duration and come-up be placebo? There seems to be a broad consensus that it takes longer for 1P to fully work. MOST people agree with that. How can you simply say that this is placebo. Why would you so desperately want to dispute such a trivial thing anyway? If the reports would be 50%/50% you would have a point. But it's not 50/50.
Also first alert is not the same as full effects. I also get first alerts pretty quickly with 1P. But it Always takes more than two hours before all of the effects are present. That can not be placebo. The full effects of LSD are too powerfull to contribute this to placebo. Is it imaginable that i for more than a whole hour would psychologically suppres the full effects of LSD? I find it odd that you argue that whenever someone disagrees with you on something, you simply contribute these observations to placebo. That way you could argue that the differences felt between crack and aspirin must be due to placebo.

The reason that some people are finding it hard to believe that anyone could pick most of these Lysergermides apart (except maybe LSM and a few super obscure others) is that regular ass LSD is so variable in it's effects.
There are many threads about this exact subject on BL.
Something that has always fascinated me over the the last 21 years since I first tried LSD is that virtually everytime I've tried acid on a different blotter it's been a subjectively "unique" (but still unmistakably LSD) experience.
Sometimes the come up has extrordinarly rough come up and you puke, sometimes it has zero body load, sometimes there are no visuals and sometimes it's extremely visual, sometimes (usually) it's very stimulating and you can't sleep forever after and sometimes not, I could go on and on.
I feel that it's possible that at least a small percentage of those times I might have got something like Al-Lad or ETH-Lad or whatever but since the early 90's I think I most likely just had plain old LSD.
The variation in LSD effects is so insanely subjective, the blotter it's laid on, the word of mouth about "that batch" , the set and setting, the dosage of each hit, tolorance (I strongly feel you MUST wait 4 weeks for LSD tolorance to totally reset), and a lot of other factors play a big role in your subjective experience.
People say shit about 1P-LSD on the internet and people expect those effects. It's exactly how advertising works and it does work. Every single day.

The variation in LSD effects is so insanely subjective, the blotter it's laid on, the word of mouth about "that batch" , the set and setting, the dosage of each hit, tolorance (I strongly feel you MUST wait 4 weeks for LSD tolorance to totally reset), and a lot of other factors play a big role in your subjective experience............

I never thought I'd quote from a government drugs information source (this is from Ask Frank - a UK advice site [for "advice" read propaganda :\]), but just to support Ballz_Trippington's point:

Taking LSD is known as a ‘trip’. These ‘trips’ which often look like squares of blotting paper can be unpredictable ........

For me there is a huge difference between 1P and the mother.

1. I can sleep within 10 hours of taking 1P; I've never in over 100 LSD trips been able to sleep within 16 hours of eating the L....if that's even possible, a lot of the time I didn't even sleep until the next night....
2. I feel fully refreshed after coming down from 1P: most LSD trips my brain feels Frazzled after I come down
3. 1P is less visual , and the comeup is most surely longer than the mother compound

1p can come up in 30 mins

1p can come up in 30 mins

This. I was getting obvious visual distortions at 30 min and so did the friends I gave it to, all swallowed the tabs immediately.
Also it is VERY distinguishable from LSD to me, it gives me a lot of visuals like those I get with phenethylamine psychedelics but with a definite lysergamide base.
LSD certainly doesn't give me the bright flashing multi-colored strobe light effects like 2c-e or DOC do, but 1p-LSD does.

1p-LSD is the most amazing thing that ever happened to me and I am tempted to get on the darknet to try the real original to see what the difference is

1p-LSD I have tripped on 12 times, 200ug most trips but some trips were 100ug with a redose I think three times I redosed the others I just dropped 200ug at once

It lasts for about 6 hours for me

I have been able to feel it within 20 mins before

Its a shame how many people think LSD is this really bad thing honestly you would think you were recommending datura if people realised how good this shit is they wouldnt hesitate