• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD What Are You Munching On? v. Godlike steaks & shitting candles.

^ Lawdy! What did the man do to deserve that?!? 8o;)<3

I just knew you'd think that :p but the man is safe and I promise no cleavers in the bedroom 8)=D

One needs a cleaver that is ok for a small, female left hand, that can handle and be used for boning meat, spatchcoking (fnar fnar) etc. I'm struggling with my usual *good meat* knife, it's not quite up to bones and gristle, cartilage and whatnot. Spathcocked my first duck last weekend and was greatly impressed 8( Alas my poultry scissors could do with replacing, it was rather a gruesome task %)

I always think that lumaconi looks like fattened grubs..

Fake Italian here to - aubergine parmigano with gnocchi and broccoli almond pesto. Salad stuff on a side plate. Garlic bread for the man X

I'm a big fan of a well-proportioned meat cleaver for general cooking purposes myself actually. MamaSham had a really handy mini one I used to use for just about everything. Funny you should mention spatchcocking (fnarr, etc) cos I had cider and mustard spatchcock (fnarr, etc) wiv cheese 'n' (spring) onion mash for dins just the other night. Co-Op did the spatchcocking and seasoning but was reduced to £2.99 so couldn't resist. Still got half of it left for another leftover clearout.

That aubergine gnocchi things sounds delish btw. Was thinking of finishing up the rest of the aforementioned rather decadent pasta sauce with some gnocchi when my Good Lady arrives tomorrow. Will need some feeding up after all that travelling and I'm sure she mentioned never having had gnocchi before and I happen to have some in the cupboard (not gotten around to making them myself yet but am a recent convert to their scrumminess).

A classic roast dinner like my mother used to make. Probably because my mother did make it :) All it cost me was 2 hours of being told to sort my life out :\

A classic roast dinner like my mother used to make. Probably because my mother did make it :) All it cost me was 2 hours of being told to sort my life out :\

Oooo yummy. I usually go for Sunday dinner but didn't today as lilvibe was dancing - that's my excuse anyway, sometimes one wants to be on their own n bore themselves standing 12 mins on the sunbed hahaha

Awh I know it's frustrating but they only care n are worrief for you. I do get it though my parents are always on at me that I should get off subs now I've been on too long n blah blah blah n then they ask this; "why don't you want to bother with us much?" Uhhh hellooooooo!!!! You took away my codeine n now you're trying to stop me taking subs n having JD just leave me alonnnnnnnne lol

On topic (I really need to learn to stay OT on these threads): i had a lovely cheep bag with BBQ chicken n BBQ sauce. Wow those cheesey baps from village bakery are AAAAAAAAAAAACE..... The best tasting thing ever x

Then I did not have tea because for some reason I've been off food the last few days, which ain't like me at all lol <3

Evey

Meat cleaver and a boning knife are two very different types of knife and not interchangeable at all! You could pick up both for not a lot of money, what sort of a budget are you thinking of? With the amount of use they will get at home you don't need to spend loads (but can do if you so desire!). A boning knife looks something like this:

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Victorinox-Rigid-Boning-Knife-15cm/C671/ProductDetail.raction
c671.jpg

A cleaver looks something like this:

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Vogue-Black-Cleaver-204mm/D474/ProductDetail.raction
d474.jpg

Boning knife is used for (as the name suggests) removing bones from meat and not a lot else (although I use mine for filleting fish as well). The shape makes it easy to guide the tip around awkward shapes and cut cleanly whilst using the tip. A cleaver is used for chopping bones and not a lot else, although in east asia they often use a cleaver shaped knife for prepping veg (although these will usually have a much lighter blade than what we call a cleaver in the west).

The two knives above cost about £20 and £25 respectively and would be more than adequate, although I think the cleaver is fairly large. You can get smaller cleavers that might be more suited to you although I would have to investigate further where to procure one from. I wouldn't spend any less money than this personally as at this level you get a product aimed at commercial use and is going to be hardy and ergonomic enough to perform well repeatedly without being expensive. Of course you can spend a lot more if you so desire and I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to (obviously I have an interest in knives=D), but these will work well. Let me know a bit more about what you think and budget etc and I can guide you with some recommendations and places to look etc!

For cleavers try the Asian supermarkets - If you have a Chinese supply warehouse, supermarket you can get some decent ones from them. They are normally on a pretty simply scale of weight to number (1 being the lightest upto I think 5) - just as to try a couple out before you find something that feels right for you.

They are often less than half the price of the cleavers sold in Supermarkets.

Beef Jerky and it's bloody delicious!

Don't judge me! :sus:

I love beef jerky, I love it in the same way I love peperami and pork scratchings.

Lunch today - ham salad sandwich (made at home), tangerine and a packet of cheese & onion Walkers.

I'm doing baked cauliflower in Indian spices and having that with cumin mash potato, onion and tomato salad.

Hopefully it will taste as good as I think it sounds :D - I'll see how it turns out and if it looks OK I'll take a photo.

Excuse the awful photo (taken on Iphone) - I'll dig my camera out next time

QHOHShZ.jpg

I have to admit it was pretty tasty.

No I'm not a vegetarian but do cook a lot of veggie dishes

Bear

I'd devour that dish. A wee pitta bread might go well with it, ram it in like a veggie kebab and scoff.

Your right it would have gone great in some bread especially topped with a garlic sauce :) - shame I had no leftovers or that would have been my breakfast today instead of Dorset Muesli. I'm thinking noodles with prawns and bok choi for lunch :D

Currently making an Okra stew - will be having that on rice :)

RVp2ZUi.jpg

Last edited:
Just about to head oot for a curry, pre-theatre menu job, pint or two. Yaaaassss!

curry and a pint, match made in heaven :) enjoy your night

Cheers, was braw! Chicken tikka jalandhari, fried rice, nan, washed down with a couple of Kingfishers. GF took chicken tikka pathia, glass of white vino.

Was pretty bushed last night though as I had a terrible sleep night before, so was tucked up in kip by 20.30, full stomach, the couple of beers knocking me out, bliss.