• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD What Are You Munching On? v. Godlike steaks & shitting candles.

Thats not a name I'm familiar with - is it a regional thing ? We had a potato and aubergine bake tonight was a bit of a fridge cleaner meal to be honest but was ok.

QN_zuHGbb_2qdAWrVtGsOEENgx4dzP-hxIegh6w0gW0%2CbEjkp6nineDjYCMpGF8v20OnLOkIpsXMajHiQ2QIZM0

I made steak last night, Mine was the only one to have gristle all through it! At least it was mine I guess :| They weren't cheap either! Oh well, luck of the cow I guess.

I've been on site for sixweeks straight now - means I have rice three times a day. I'm going to squeeze out a diamond one day soon if I don't get some fibre.

Just had a real nice red curry from our cook, with some more fuggin rice, of course!

Can't wait for the next ten days to be done and get to eat real world food.

Mama Sham took us out for dinner tonight. Slim pickings around here.

We went to a pub that had some nice food. Sham and I were sharing meals with Mama Sham I don't have much of an appetite though so I was gonna go with the Antipasto for two for the three of us but got told at the last minute that they had none of the meats in. Had to change to Hunters Chicken which was a bit too much for me. Sham got the Lasagna which wasn't traditional but very tasty all the same. Mama Sham had the most epic looking steak and guiness pie I've ever seen. The meat was so succulent!

Alas, I couldn't eat much but managed a bit. Thankfully, Sham took the hit!

Haggis supper last night, portion of curry sauce poured over it, couple of lagers to wash it down (the chippy is a licensed one... yaaasss!).

Proved a good choice to soak up the booze at free bar thingy afterwards... I kept my dignity, no hangover either. I feel proud.

what is dignity again???? I'm confused xx

Actually think Haggis with curry sauce would be lush! That's a lot of flavour!

I ate Jalepeno pork scratchings at 7 this morning :|

Well, I didn't make an arse of myself anyway... this time.

It was well tasty, gives the haggis extra spice, and who doesn't like chips smothered in curry sauce?

Jalepeno pork scratchings... I wasn't aware such a concoction existed... where did you purchase this snack?

No it wasn't technically a 'works do', but I was representing the company.

I feel great right now, no cringing or dry retching into my bin due to the thought of what could have possibly happened during a blackout.

Thank you so much Mr Cat and Mrs Bear for the advice and recommendations <3

Cat that was a great detailed post and has given me plenty of knife thinking to be going on with. Thanks for the info about boning v's chopping lol. I think what I want is a boning knife...well I'll have the cleaver too :D

When I pick something, I'll post and if you and Mrs Bear are about maybe you can comment before I buy?

Hugs xxx You guys are gentlemen %)

NSFW:
Meat cleaver and a boning knife are two very different types of knife and not interchangeable at all! You could pick up both for not a lot of money, what sort of a budget are you thinking of? With the amount of use they will get at home you don't need to spend loads (but can do if you so desire!). A boning knife looks something like this:

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Victorinox-Rigid-Boning-Knife-15cm/C671/ProductDetail.raction
c671.jpg

A cleaver looks something like this:

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Vogue-Black-Cleaver-204mm/D474/ProductDetail.raction
d474.jpg

Boning knife is used for (as the name suggests) removing bones from meat and not a lot else (although I use mine for filleting fish as well). The shape makes it easy to guide the tip around awkward shapes and cut cleanly whilst using the tip. A cleaver is used for chopping bones and not a lot else, although in east asia they often use a cleaver shaped knife for prepping veg (although these will usually have a much lighter blade than what we call a cleaver in the west).

The two knives above cost about £20 and £25 respectively and would be more than adequate, although I think the cleaver is fairly large. You can get smaller cleavers that might be more suited to you although I would have to investigate further where to procure one from. I wouldn't spend any less money than this personally as at this level you get a product aimed at commercial use and is going to be hardy and ergonomic enough to perform well repeatedly without being expensive. Of course you can spend a lot more if you so desire and I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to (obviously I have an interest in knives=D), but these will work well. Let me know a bit more about what you think and budget etc and I can guide you with some recommendations and places to look etc!

In other foodie news I hit M&S after work and filled my trolley with "dine in for 2" goodies 8)...well you get bottles of wine with it too :eek:

Leftover Singapore chow mein from Chinese takeaway. Didn't even bother to heat it up, cold and congealed straight from the tub, yum.

Microwave kebab in a tortilla wrap drenched in chilli sauce.
That 4 minutes it took to cook was like a countdown for the last of my dignity.

Tesco own brand four cheese pizza, a bag of jelly beans and a bag of mint imperials. First food of the day because I'm a lazy git and I woke up at 3 pm.