• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt go so far as to say it doesnt work at all; it was merely an example to show how the sceintific community can successfully identify problems; unless you were referring to pbuilders use of smoking to discredit kratom's safety whereas I was arguing the otehr way. I was just saying for long term side effects they can still find the root problems. It jsut so happens (I didnt know about this thing so wasnt sure) this one would show itself immediately with sudden death so even better chances in terms of the likelihood of it being identified.

Anyway Im not interested in this thing it is a mountains out of mole hills as far as Im concerned. Kratom remains on my safe list :)
Sorry I should have clairfied, I was reffering to pbuilder comparison. I can think of more than a few reasons why it doesn't equate to this situation. It's no surprise that it took many years to link cancer to tobacco when technology was so far behind, there's a lack of information sharing outlets, the laws regarding smoking advertisements were so loose, and the development of cancer is a very long process to begin with.

SWIM's experience with Kratom specifically "Maeng Da" strain, Made SWIM feel VERY sick similar to the opiate nausea! Post-Kratom use and the nausea stretched out 3 days!

Fuuuck! My day one company is out of bali:X. I keep telling myself one more pound and I'll taper down, I guess I'll have to work with this last 1/2 pound and stay the fuck away from tianeptine.

Has anyone figured out how to keep hand tremors and jitters at bay with Kratom usage? Any dose with opiate-like sedating effect (Bali crushed leaf) creates hand tremors for SWIM and even clonidine + Xanax aren't calming that down, which totally ruins the experience. Opiates + amphetamines > Kratom, but not for everyone SWIM guesses.

^^what about trying a beta blocker like propranolol?i also notice at times i can get shaky hands from kratom, but prop takes care of those for the most part..

ive tried 5-6 different strains now and i can only tell the difference between 1-2 strains..red thai vein seems speedy to me whereas the others ive tried(green malay, bali, white vein, red borneo) all basically seem sedating..i almost wonder if i mixed the strains up and didnt see what bag i was taking it from, i doubt id be able to tell which strain i was using..

i definitely can get very irritable on kratom even hours after dosing...ill be in a good mood but just not in a peaceful mood if that makes any sense...lol..it almost feels like roid rage in a way..

I know what you mean about the roid rage. I used to be overly confrontational at my old job while under the influence yet still in a good overall mood.

Weird question, but I'm on a diet trying to lose a lot of weight and I like to take Kratom 3 days a week.

Sometimes the Kratom makes me constipated and I won't be able to go the day I take it and may even have a bit of trouble the next day, while other times the fiber content of the Kratom will make me be able to go easily...another one of the weird contradictions of Kratom.

But usually it is harder for me to go on Kratom.

So obviously if I have to go but I can't then I am going to weigh more cause of all the shit backed up in my system lol...so does that mean that Kratom will make weight loss harder??

I know that it actually suppresses appetite so in that way it could help but if you know anything about dieting if you eat TOO LITTLE it will also be hard to lose weight cause your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto the calories.

But the thing is, regardless of whether or not Kratom makes you constipated if you only use it 3 days a week like me on the off days you are STILL going to be shitting out what you hadn't shit out before....so shouldn't the constipation not have any negative effect on weight loss??

Wouldn't it just be like if I get on the scale on a day when I'm constipated I might weigh more but in the end, overall after say, a month of dieting, the amount of weight I lose will probably be the same as if I didn't take Kratom??

Or does Kratom somehow effect testosterone in a way that I might lose less weight?

Kratom definitely affects my testosterone but not my weight other than weight lost during w/D's. Kratom gives me the munchies like benzos and weed.

Kratom definitely affects my testosterone but not my weight other than weight lost during w/D's. Kratom gives me the munchies like benzos and weed.

I don't get the munchies USUALLY from Kratom.

Sometimes it may make me crave something sweet, but oddly it makes me LESS hungry for anything that's NOT sweet.

Even the occasional munchies for something sweet I can resist though unlike weed munchies.

Trying to resist weed munchies is for me just COMPLETELY futile lol.

I NEED to eat a lot if I smoke weed.

But does anyone else have more info on whether or not Kratom negatively effects weight loss due to constipation or any other reason??

I REALLY hope it doesn't...

Kratom didn't constipate me at all, maybe because I was used to harder opiates.

It does me. I have to take 500mg docusate sodium a day just to try to stay somewhat regular.

Ok, but if it DOES cause constipation is that any reason why it would effect long term weight loss?

Like, say, how much weight I lose in a month of dieting and exercising while taking Kratom 3 days a week but abstaining 4 days a week?

Because it makes sense that when constipated one would weigh more because they have extra shit in them lol.

But because I abstain more days a week and more weeks a month than I use that shit has to come out eventually right?

So by that logic, shouldn't Kratom not effect weight loss in a negative manor??

Or is some of that shit somehow going to never fully come out?? (lol, this is getting gross but it's perhaps a bit amusing haha...)

And IF Kratom does effect testosterone at all (does it???) would that negatively effect weight loss??

I've usually heard people lose MORE weight on Kratom due to being less hungry...so that could be a plus.

And I know it effects blood sugar but not sure how...I think it regulates it so would that be a good thing in terms of weight loss??

How would its effect on blood sugar effect one and does anyone know how Kratom effects Metabolism???

Thanks

how exactly does kratom affect your testosterone levels?how do you know it is os what i mean??

wtf u get the munchies on kratom!?!?i get the exact opposite, i have to force myself to eat on it....

Anyone else have any theories on my Kratom--weight loss questions??

I guess maybe I am in uncharted territory going on a serious diet while using Kratom 3 days a week at the same time hahah.

Well, if so, I will document whether my weight loss is more, less or equal to what I expect it would be minus Kratom from years of dieting and exercise...it'll be an experiment "for science" ;)

People have taken inactive fiber as a supplement to dieting to feel full ('skinny fiber' comes to mind). Kratom, being an insoluable fiber, has the same results.

People have taken inactive fiber as a supplement to dieting to feel full ('skinny fiber' comes to mind). Kratom, being an insoluable fiber, has the same results.

So you mean it should HELP weight loss rather than hurt it?

Sorry, new to this, not sure where to ask my questions, I have a norco rx, that says, do not fill for 10 more days, where can I get it filled now?

Sorry, new to this, not sure where to ask my questions, I have a norco rx, that says, do not fill for 10 more days, where can I get it filled now?

You don't. No pharmacy is going to refill narcotics early, but if you try they may call your doctor and then say bye to your script.

Status
Not open for further replies.