• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: N-Dimensional Funhouse of Possibilities

^fucking love it. I've been revisiting primus/les claypool after getting burnt out on them/him in highschool. Just re-learned lacquer head on bass and it's harder to play than I remember(thank you mxe).

Lacquer Head is a good one. My band and I used to cover Duchess and The Proverbial Mind-Spread. If you get a chance to see Primus or Les Claypool live, do it. Probably one of the best live musicians of all time.

I am lucky enough to have seen both Primus and Les Claypool at the All Good Festival. Can't wait for all good 2015, I am hopeful that it will return to its true home on marvin's mountain.

Nice! I'm going to see them in November in Riverside. I saw them last year when they toured for Green Naugahyde and saw Les Claypool years ago when he toured for Of Whales and Woe.

man i bet that was incredible. kreutzmann is one of the best drummers alive imo. saw him with the dead at rothbury in '09, but i think he actually loses a little something when he plays with hart, like he has to hold back a bit to accommodate him.

Yeah it was... and yeah he is. :) I was blown away by how amazing a drummer he is. Very inspiring.

So I ended up taking MXE and 2C-I last night... holy shit that's a strong combination. I took 25mg of MXE (a few 10mg boosters later on but not til later) and only 14mg of 2C-I... I was expecting a nice warm stimulation and euphoria to accompany the MXE, but for it to mostly be MXE. Instead they synergized into something else entirely. It started coming up hard within like 25 minutes too, it was freakishly fast. Within an hour I was starting to peak... it felt like my head was FULL of sensory input, a great mash-up of everything, a perception soup. Sounds were literally echoing around my head and everything was moving. It was actually really hectic for a while and I couldn't really do anything but sit there and perceive. It felt a bit schizophrenic, which isn't uncommon with 2C-I... 2C-I is a weird one, it's really strong and altering but not like other psychedelics, it doesn't seem to be trying to go to the same place.

As it went on I finally came back to Earth and started talking... the rest of the night we had really awesome conversations about existence and how unfathomably lucky we are to be incarnated in this form, during this time, as these people... talked a lot about early humans and evolution, and space, and the subatomic structure. It was so much fun. :)

A friend of mine who was there last night (I was the only one taking anything but MXE though) decided he wants to have his last trip for a month, and he wants it to be 2C-T-7, and he wants a trip partner... so I think I'm going to do that tonight. I rarely do 2Cs, actually I haven't been tripping much recently except for MXE, so I'm hoping it won't be too weakened and I'll be taking a break from phenethylamines after that, it's close to winter anyway and I don't trip much in the winter. Might as well get my fun times in now.

i too have experienced extremely strong synergy with 2C-I plus a dissociative. 18mg of 2C-I and 400mg of DXM (rather light doses for me of either substance on their own) resulted in me floating through interdimensional tunnels for a few hours.

it is rather strange how 2C-I seems to synergize so strongly with dissociatives. my other phenethylamine + dissociative combos (all possible combinations of 2C-E/2C-P + DXM/MXE) did not produce nearly as strong of a reaction as 2C-I + DXM did.

i read somewhere once about how iodine (elemental iodine as in iodized sea salt) is supposed to potentiate dissociative CEVs. possibly related, but seemingly far fetched. then again, 2C-I has been claimed to produce some strange metabolic reactions -- do you guys remember the old thread where someone claimed 2C-I gave them permanent hypothyroidism?

My roommate once totally freaked out and lost sense of temperature with 2C-I, bk-MDMA and ketamine (also enhanced with nitrous). It was a pretty strong cocktail I got to admit, but I found 2C-B + dissociatives a bit more doable.
On 2C-C and MXE and alcohol I once experienced everything as a total sensory soup, it was ridiculous. Also I got way seasick from that.. :D

i too have experienced extremely strong synergy with 2C-I plus a dissociative. 18mg of 2C-I and 400mg of DXM (rather light doses for me of either substance on their own) resulted in me floating through interdimensional tunnels for a few hours.

it is rather strange how 2C-I seems to synergize so strongly with dissociatives. my other phenethylamine + dissociative combos (all possible combinations of 2C-E/2C-P + DXM/MXE) did not produce nearly as strong of a reaction as 2C-I + DXM did.

i read somewhere once about how iodine (elemental iodine as in iodized sea salt) is supposed to potentiate dissociative CEVs. possibly related, but seemingly far fetched. then again, 2C-I has been claimed to produce some strange metabolic reactions -- do you guys remember the old thread where someone claimed 2C-I gave them permanent hypothyroidism?

that iodine is not gonna come off the ring by any route of metabolism

I think it's fine, can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be... although I would certainly avoid the 2C-T's

I've found next to nothing doesn't mix well dissociatives(not DXM though unless you have pure powders)!

Is GHB with K that safe? Alcohol with K can be pretty pukey for me, although alcohol with MXE or moderate dose 3-MeO-PCP is quite fun. Blacking out with K is a potential vomitus aspiration hazard.
I tend to avoid mixing MXE with oxy, it doesn't feel right to me but hard to say what happens. I also don't think I dared taking kratom together..
With MXE + dexamp I think I had a pretty uncomfortable sweaty episode where I blacked out for a short period. Check the MXE interactions thread... not 100% of those warnings are agreed with by all but do still you believe the above ^ ?

that iodine is not gonna come off the ring by any route of metabolism

i'm aware of that, and even anticipated that you would chime in to say that. =p i understand it is a theory that many learned people would scoff at (some people seem to think that science already knows everything), but i think that iodine on small/simple molecules like phenethylamines can interact with bodily enzymes like thyroperoxidase that are currently only thought to interact with free elemental iodine.

edit -- to clarify in case of confusion... i am not theorizing that the iodine on 2C-I can come detached from the benzene ring via some unknown mechanism, but rather that 2C-I or one of its metabolites can interact with the thyroid system in some unknown way.

Last edited:
i dunno, i doubt it tbh. iodine is transported into the thyroid by the sodium/iodide symporter which is specific for the iodide anion.

perhaps. i don't know enough to argue the mechanics any further. there have been a few reports, though, of 2C-I permanently messing with the metabolisms of people on medication for hyperthyroidism. here is one such report: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=39567 that i think you maybe read years ago since you posted in this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/449875-Horrible-2C-I-Reaction?highlight=thyroid

if the report is credible then there is something going on here that science can't currently explain

some quick research i did after reading a post that fastandbulbous made in that thread made me notice something...

These reports are due to the false belief that the thyroid is somehow affected by the iodine in the 2C-I molecule, but as the iodine does not separate from the phenethylamine skeleton and is in the wrong place to mimic thyroxine or it's precursors (thyroxine has 3,5-iodine substitution, 2C-I has the iodine in the 4 position).

f&b was just looking at the structure of T4, though. here is T3:

217px-Liothyronine2DCSD.svg.png

and here is 2C-I:

150px-2C-I2DACS.svg.png

notice that the oxygens and iodine on the phenyl with the single iodine in T3 are in the same orientation as the oxygens and iodine on 2C-I... the oxygens para from each other.

this PubMed article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16810648 confirms 2C-I's methoxy groups are changed into hydroxy groups in vivo. the next metabolic step after that is N-acetylation. see my upcoming post in the "I Like To Draw Pictures of Random Molecules" thread over in Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion for the conclusion of my harebrained thoughts on 2C-I and the thyroid gland. =p

perhaps. i don't know enough to argue the mechanics any further. there have been a few reports, though, of 2C-I permanently messing with the metabolisms of people on medication for hyperthyroidism. here is one such report: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=39567

the report you linked was thyroiditis, the guy's doctor was just a moron apparently. when the thyroid becomes enflamed, it initially results in hyperthyroidism because it releases all its stored hormones, inflammation is damaging to cells so when it recedes it eventually results in hypothyroidism. exactly what happened to that guy. literally textbook for thyroiditis. the 2c-i usage was incidental and not causative.

that explanation would be consistent with all the current evidence.

so you don't have to chase it down: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-molecules?p=12655127&viewfull=1#post12655127

the potential resultant if a known 2C-I metabolite somehow substituted for monoiodotyrosine in the thyroid gland's production of the T3 hormone (Triiodothyronine).

11vsfwl.png

btw raj idk if you browse that thread or not, but it is one of my favorites on bluelight. recommended.

hm i wonder if radiolabeled 2C-I has ever been used to determine whether or not 2C-I or its metabolites actually do/don't enter the thyroid gland

Last edited:
Is GHB with K that safe? Alcohol with K can be pretty pukey for me, although alcohol with MXE or moderate dose 3-MeO-PCP is quite fun. Blacking out with K is a potential vomitus aspiration hazard.
I tend to avoid mixing MXE with oxy, it doesn't feel right to me but hard to say what happens. I also don't think I dared taking kratom together..
With MXE + dexamp I think I had a pretty uncomfortable sweaty episode where I blacked out for a short period. Check the MXE interactions thread... not 100% of those warnings are agreed with by all but do still you believe the above ^ ?
Dunno honestly, never been lucky enough k to test that out, but I'm sure microing it would be fine(only do non hole doses and do like .25 to one gram of Gee). Opi's and MXE are awesome, especially kratom. Just don't take a hole dose or nod out of either. MXE and amps are probably a bit dangerous. MXE and Gee is fucking lengdary though!

I've mixed ketamine and GHB several times recently, also MXE and GHB, and- you are definitely spot on- this sort of combo is quite pukey. You just adjust your dose accordingly. Though, given many people wouldn't bother doing that and just take a regular dose of either, the best advice is to not mix such items.

With MXE + dexamp I think I had a pretty uncomfortable sweaty episode where I blacked out for a short period. Check the MXE interactions thread... not 100% of those warnings are agreed with by all but do still you believe the above ^

Agreed re: opioids and MXE/ketamine. It just feels a bit dangerous; but then, I think opiates in general feel dangerous.

I've mixed MXE with dexamphetamine, with no noticeable difference in the effects of either drug. If anything, the MXE felt less powerful....YMMV :)

Love you kids <3