• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Ok I'm sorry if people here are stupid enough to value the psychedelic properties of nutmeg, but yes, you are right, it's psychoactive-ness is MORE than that of lope, so I apologize.

heh, I really wouldn't have a clue if it really is.

I was posting that more as a tongue-in-cheek comment exactly as you said that nutmeg is more valuable as a psychoactive/ recreational drug than loperamide, and it's value is fairly nil, though still higher than loperamide.

There are, however, a large amount of "starred" reports on erowid despite only the most desperate thrill seekers, or the VERY well informed psychonauts trying the stuff.

Really dumb things but with an huge dosage of loperamide (therapeutical is 2Mg in one take) how the ppl using that can go to WC ? it can be really dangerous if it block all the transit intestinal , huh ?

Yes, paralytic Ileus is a major concern.
However, those using 100mg are likely to have a substantial opioid tolerance, and tolerance to opioid constipation occurs too. Thus, the GI effects are less severe than would occur in an opioid-naive individual consuming the same dose.

Lope actually isn't as constipating as one would be led to think, IME it is only slightly more so than a solid dose of PT.

Laxatives and extra hydration are obviously advised, as with all opioid use.

^what they said. If you're on a HIGH dose of opioids, it isn't as crazy constipating. Fiber and hydration will help immensely and are definitely a requirement when tolerant. I'm on 3.5/day (pills that is or 7mg) and I'm still making sure to stay hydrated and fiber it up.

So happy this thread became as productive as it did, and completely mortified users have found out exactly how deadly it can be. But knowledge is power and in this case means a lot of people regaining control of there lives. Anyone considering loperamide to alleviate withdrawals should read as much of this thread as possible(including v.1). Figures that now that the word is out certain states are seeking legislation to get it scheduled, hopefully the internet will save the day once again if that happens. Drink tons of water and keep the dosing as low as possible. Mixing with booze is asking for trouble. Best of luck.

This thread has helped me a ton. When I used lope to get off opiates, I was just so excited not to have withdrawal and being able to function normally that I didn't pay much attention to anything else. At the time, I didn't fully realize how dependent I could become. .. until I tried to quit taking it. Looking back, it makes perfect sense. Lope was just "holding" me. .. that's why I never went through withdrawal. So I've been slowly tapering, and I'm down to 10mg every other day. (I discovered if I take 800 mg cimetidine it keeps the lope in my system longer so I don't have to take it as often.) It's been MUCH easier to taper lope than when I would try to taper my oxy/hydro, bc I get little to no CNS effects with lope. After a couple failed attempts to "feel something" with high dose lope, and all the other stuff to enhance it, I gave up and got serious about tapering. I can't wait to be off EVERYTHING!!!! That thought is what keeps me going. Hopefully won't be much longer...

Thanks again to all of the posters. BL has been my best resource BY FAR. And probably the main reason I was able to get off opiates in the first place. I've never made it this far.

I can't wait to be off EVERYTHING!!!! That thought is what keeps me going. Hopefully won't be much longer...

Thanks again to all of the posters. BL has been my best resource BY FAR. And probably the main reason I was able to get off opiates in the first place. I've never made it this far.

I couldn't agree more. I have been tapering down by suboxone for about a month now, from 8 mg down to 2 mg. I plan to get a bit lower and use lope to attempt quitting everything for good! I have been using opiates pretty heavily for 6 years now, with a break during my first pregnancy and subutex throughout my second.. and I'm only 23. I can't fathom what they have done to my body. All I can think about lately is getting OFF suboxone. My health insurance has been cancelled and there is no way I can afford the $500 a month it would cost me to keep going. I am SO HAPPY I have come across BL. The people here have given me a ton of motivation and I feel confident in my upcoming attempt to get off drugs completely. It's unfortunate people are given such high doses of opiates from legal dealers without being told about how terrible the withdrawals are when you try to stop. Not to mention they can take them away from you in a snap, no remorse. Truly life ruining while you're in active addiction.

Sorry for the TLDR but this is my first comment and I had a lot to say. You all have been a ton of help to me and I'm sure many others who lurk and stay quiet. Thank you so much.

Lope tapering for oxy WDs

Can someone PM me to discuss my options? 34 yr old recreational Hydro/Oxycodone user on/off for 14+ yrs. Mostly off, tbh. Would use 20-30mgs (Oxy) over a weekend, none for a month, etc.

Recently, dealing with rotator cuff pain, pre-surgery and recovery pain, post-surgery set me into a tailspin. Although I've always had a strong willpower, I've been able to afford my habit, so 15 or even 30mgs over a weekend spiraled to 60-90mgs(Oxy) a day for 8-9 months, peaking at 120mgs post-surgery for 3-4 weeks, including a few nights of insufflating other opiates to stay ok.

I'd been able to taper to about 20mgs a day for about the last week-ten days, but because of a family vacation to Disney, I got scared and avoided the inevitable WDs that come with being 6 states away from your connect, by using Loperamide.

I have no desire to use, but if avoiding the WD from opiates is all I'm doing, should I just maintain on vacation with Lope, head home, and stock up on a ton of Oxys and taper off them or will the short period of using Lope (Day 1-90mgs (I know, I was feeling it and I didn't wait long enough and panicked cause I had a family function the next day and took more after downing mineral oil)/Day 2- 40mgs/Day 3- was going to see how 20 felt and drop 5 every day, if feasible, til I got home) be 'fine' to come off of?

Can anyone with experience help me out or PM me? Thanks Bluelighters!

Hi guys,

Before considering using lope for the physical WD aspect of the detox process, please know that for some, like myself, it simply delays the onset of the withdrawals.

By that I mean, I might stop using Oxy on day 1, start a lope program for a week to get through the main bulk of the withdrawals, then stop taking the lope and go into full blown withdrawals.

The lope, to me, is just like any other opiate.

I would seriously just consider using it as recommended on the box and not taking ridiculous doses to try stop physical WD's. I know for some, it must be a wonder drug. For others, like myself, it just prolongs the problem.

Peace and best of luck to ya'll fighting this tough-ass battle.

^What he said.

But,- I'd use the Lope in Low Doses while you're away with family. Save the full-blowns, not that I imagine it'd be too bad from 20mg oxy, for when you get home.

So long as you no longer have the psychological urge to use, you'll be fine buddy.

Rtp

infectedmushroom,

that's pretty much all I was hoping for was a delay in WD hell, not a complete avoidance of it. There have been a few days in the past 9 months where things were unavailable and I had to deal with the reality of where my habit had gotten (60-90mgs daily). So anything that could postpone the hell til I am home and comfortable, I was willing to try and on that front, I must say, so far so good. Thank you for the well wishes!

Rtp,

I appreciate the support. I've WD before and I agree... although it certainly won't be the worst WD the world has seen, lol, being around extended family that have no frame of reference makes it well worth the avoidance... for now!

But if anyone can answer, please let me know... I'm not looking to completely avoid WD. But what would be easier, especially in the long run?

1)Rapid Lope Taper (Day 1-90mgs/Day 2-40mgs/Day 3-was hoping to be good at 20 and decrease 5, then 4, then 3, etc.. til home)

2)Stay at 20mgs (poss less) Lope (whatever is comfortable) for 5 or 6 more days, then hop back on Oxy and taper from it

I have no physical urge to use, but I'm certainly willing to jump back if the taper and WD will be easier from Oxy than Lope.

Any suggestions?

I had no codeine or Palexia for the last 24 hours and withdrawals were starting to kick in, the sweating omg and tremors were awful, i was in the horrors, keep saying to myself stay strong, stay strong.

^well done for staying strong!

If you were taking the Palexia for long, you'll likely feel an even lower mood as the extra noradrenalin leaves your body.

Just a gentle note: you'll find more support & advice,(if that's what you're seeking), by starting your own thread.

Take care,

Rtp

^well done for staying strong!

If you were taking the Palexia for long, you'll likely feel an even lower mood as the extra noradrenalin leaves your body.

Just a gentle note: you'll find more support & advice,(if that's what you're seeking), by starting your own thread.

Take care,

Rtp

Yeah, never done palexia/tapentadol, but since it's mechanism of action is similar to tramadol, they have a special kind of hell in store. If you are using loperamide to assist then it's fine here and you should mention it, if it has naught to do with loperamide you might wanna start your own thread in The Dark Side.

I had no codeine or Palexia for the last 24 hours and withdrawals were starting to kick in, the sweating omg and tremors were awful, i was in the horrors, keep saying to myself stay strong, stay strong.
You can do it!

Stay strong (it's a bitch, I know) If you find yourself slipping, and you've already taken loperamide
infectedmushroom,

that's pretty much all I was hoping for was a delay in WD hell, not a complete avoidance of it. There have been a few days in the past 9 months where things were unavailable and I had to deal with the reality of where my habit had gotten (60-90mgs daily). So anything that could postpone the hell til I am home and comfortable, I was willing to try and on that front, I must say, so far so good. Thank you for the well wishes!

Rtp,

I appreciate the support. I've WD before and I agree... although it certainly won't be the worst WD the world has seen, lol, being around extended family that have no frame of reference makes it well worth the avoidance... for now!

But if anyone can answer, please let me know... I'm not looking to completely avoid WD. But what would be easier, especially in the long run?

1)Rapid Lope Taper (Day 1-90mgs/Day 2-40mgs/Day 3-was hoping to be good at 20 and decrease 5, then 4, then 3, etc.. til home)

2)Stay at 20mgs (poss less) Lope (whatever is comfortable) for 5 or 6 more days, then hop back on Oxy and taper from it

I have no physical urge to use, but I'm certainly willing to jump back if the taper and WD will be easier from Oxy than Lope.

Any suggestions?
A rapid taper for less than a eek will probably be best. It's easier coming off of a long half life drug if you haven't used it for a long time, so try and limit loperamide to the lowest dose possible and take it for the shortest duration possible.

Ughhhhh...... I've been addicted to lope for a good 5 or 6 years now. Just lope. It's the craziest thing ever to me still. I use heroin off and on but without lope even IV heroin won't completely make me good unless I have lope to go with it. I've tried to taper down numerous times. I always do good until I get in the under 20mg/day range and then inevitably relapse and just start eating handfuls. Thankfully my habit is only about 40-60mg a day at the moment. I'm going to try a rapid taper and quit altogether as soon as I get below 10mg. The only way to beat addiction is to stop altogether at some point. So the withdrawal is inevitable. I am wondering though. Will it really make a difference if I quit altogether at 10mg/day compared to 40mg/day? Should I just cold turkey now and get it over with? I feel like the withdrawal will always be more or less the same when completely giving up something..... for us addicts at least.

Ughhhhh...... I've been addicted to lope for a good 5 or 6 years now. Just lope. It's the craziest thing ever to me still. I use heroin off and on but without lope even IV heroin won't completely make me good unless I have lope to go with it. I've tried to taper down numerous times. I always do good until I get in the under 20mg/day range and then inevitably relapse and just start eating handfuls. Thankfully my habit is only about 40-60mg a day at the moment. I'm going to try a rapid taper and quit altogether as soon as I get below 10mg. The only way to beat addiction is to stop altogether at some point. So the withdrawal is inevitable. I am wondering though. Will it really make a difference if I quit altogether at 10mg/day compared to 40mg/day? Should I just cold turkey now and get it over with? I feel like the withdrawal will always be more or less the same when completely giving up something..... for us addicts at least.

On same boat as you. Been on lope for years. I take much more than you do daily though. I also have no "urge" to take the crap. But I get sick in mid afternoon without it. I am now about 60 MG lower than what I was on. So, that's a start. I am tapering about 4MG a week. I know it doesn't sound like much. But I was on 200 a day.

I honestly think Lope is a better maintenence drug than Suboxone. It doesn't kill libido in reasonable doses. Your not numb. Too bad there wasn't a way to make it healthier and more absorbable as it is. Meaning you don't have to take all these extra drugs to increase absorbtion. Lope doesn't kill cravings as much but seems to help big time especially with PAWS. Best thing though is to keep your relatively high dosage to every other day. High dosage being around 60mg and no more. It is also a great pain reliever and helps with social anxiety. Very strange drug. The high when overdosing sucks. The foggy head and vision issues make it less abusable. How people get up to 200-300 mgs is crazy but I guess with tolerance it can happen.

Mycophile,
In my experience It does. Some say Lope Blunts euphoria which may be true but to someone who's been on opiates for years euphoria is already blunted.

After 14 days of Suboxone withdrawal I started taking lope for the first time. To my surprise it worked well. I still had some Kratom left over and got greedy and found I was able to get a buzz from it. Within a few days it was taking more and more though so it was short lived.

Lope for me potentiated herion big time and made it have extremely long legs. Yes there may have not been the same euphoria but it really made me nod and itch like crazy which lasted a long time. I understand what they are saying to be careful of overdose.

Lope is one opiate your taking thats hitting your receptors. You add another one and of course its going to cause more effects. Its not Suboxone and those that say it block effects are mistaken by tolerance.

It took me 3 nights to read this entire thread and I see the last post was a week ago. Oh well. I'm posting anyway, and it's my first on BL.
Been lurking for years.

Long story short, you've all heard it before. Surgery->pills->fun with pills->2 years and a 120mg/day oxy addiction later, and I just took my last 15mg, 15 minutes ago.

I actually tried to quit oxy many times before and did successfully, but only with the help of Kratom. Got addicted to Kratom. Traded it back for pills. Back and forth.
Kratom WDs suck big time, at least for me. I spent the past 3 days in oxy WD (saving the last few pills I had) and it wasn't as bad as Kratom but still bad enough that I caved and took oxy on day 4.

Would it surprise you to learn I'm an alcoholic? Didn't think so. I haven't had a drink in almost 3 years, so that's something I guess. But I'm not in denial, I'm an opiate addict and I want out more than I've wanted anything except to stop drinking. I have ZERO sex drive and am a slave to these damn pills. I'm sick of it. So I've spent hours a night reading about Loperamide and how to SAFELY use it for oxy WD.

Earlier this week when I tried to kick, I took 16mg of Loperamide and waited 5 hours. It didn't work. RLS, watery eyes, major depression, all of it.
For the past 3 days I've been taking 800mg of Tagament and will do so again tomorrow morning. Then in the afternoon just before the WD beast comes out to play I'm going to take 24mg of Lope. Wait 4 hours and see what happens. With any luck NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. Like, I'll feel pretty OK. Then I'll do the same thing 12 hours later. Then 24 hours later. Then 24 hours later. Then I'll drop 2mg a day until done.

God I hope this works. I'm just so ready to be done with all of this. I feel just horrible reading the story of the mother who lost her son. I called my Mom to say "Hi". Life can be cruel. I don't want the same thing to happen to my Mom so I posted my plan above in the hopes that anyone more knowledgeable than myself can advise me on if my plan is sane or dangerous. I came up with the schedule after reading this entire thread and like I said, I tried 16mg with no ill effects.

Hope this works. Thanks for reading.