• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Hi guys, question, can you develop a tolerance to loperamide? My friend takes it nightly to avoid hiv diarrhoea in the morning, she has been taking it for months. Now she is getting diarrhoea every other morning besides taking Imodium every day. Can you develop an immunity or tolerance after taking it for a few months? Thanks xxx

Yes, you can, and remarkably quickly relative to other opioids.

Would anybody have any suggestions for a loperamide dosage coming off a 5 yr upwards of 800mg oxy a day? Currently at 100 mg hydro a day but at the end of that.

Thanks Opiacrohns, I really didn't think that you could develop a tolerance to to it, and what dosage would that start at? Does it matter how high/low a dosage you are on? Sorry about all the questions xxx

Thank you Bliss 26 for your response. I really appreciate it. Should I take any cimetidine? Deliriumsetsn
Basically jumping from 100 mg. Took half that amount today and have enough to do again tomorrow. Then it's go time. I want to do this. Sure it's gonna hit bad though. I've never tried loperamide for wd. Never had a break really. 36 hrs was the longest at one point. Afraid I'm in for a bad month.
You're welcome Rachella666. I'm also curious to know those answers. Read the thread but a lot of it is back and forth. Really appreciate the responses from those who've been there.

Thanks Opiacrohns, I really didn't think that you could develop a tolerance to to it, and what dosage would that start at? Does it matter how high/low a dosage you are on? Sorry about all the questions xxx

Once your body detects any opioid on a regular basis tolerance will build even if a small dose. As such, to gain similar effects increasing amounts are required to produce the same effect. Whether that's as an anti diarrhoea agent or to subdue withdrawl symptoms.

Rtp

I had heard about immodium, but didn't realize it was an opiate and why exactly it works...I'm hoping it's the break thru I have been needing!!

I am praying that this will work for me. I have tried to withdraw so many times only to give in. I don't want to do that any more. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you again, Bliss26, for your advice.

That's probably a good thing, imodium is addicting because it's cheap as fuck and let's you go on crazy benders on opiates with a fall back (the imodium), and then you rely on high dose imodium (loperamide) which causes heart problems and shit. It's like 20$ for a bottle of 400 in North America.

Lol, yeah. Funny and sad when the big downside of a drug is it makes it too easy to quit though.

I don't think it really causes too many problems in lower doses and for a short period of time. But people go crazy trying to completely eliminate withdrawal or thinking if they take more they'll somehow get high, etc.

Lol, yeah. Funny and sad when the big downside of a drug is it makes it too easy to quit though.

I don't think it really causes too many problems in lower doses and for a short period of time. But people go crazy trying to completely eliminate withdrawal or thinking if they take more they'll somehow get high, etc.

Yea but that downside being an upside is an illusion. It doesn't make it easier to quit, you just continue your habit with loperamide, and eventually end up with an even bigger tolerance or habit, whether it be being stuck on high-dose loperamide which is probably going to kill you from cardiac arrest due to it's cardiac toxicity, or you go back to your Drug Of Choice and end up with an even bigger tolerance needing more of the original drug you tried to get off of with loperamide to start with.

Only time lope should be used is in the very short term during the peak of withdrawals, and very quickly tapered off.

Gonna give this a go tomorrow. Being in Ireland means that I can only afford a few days worth of Imodium but hopefully after a few days I should be over the worsT xxd

Rachella666 you can do this! It's awesome that you're getting your life back! I hope to do the same. Please keep us updated on how you're doing. You are so strong making this decision I bet it's a breeze for you!

If anybody has any suggestions on using lope for coming off a major oxy habit. Please feel free to share. You guys are all the best. Tapered down from 800 mg/day and I'll be jumping from about 100 mg/day. Would love more ideas on a good dosage for me. Thank you all so much.

^Starting your own thread may get more insight/support in regard to your plans with lope & other substances as well as any other ideas/plans to ditch opi's.

This thread is limited in that it's only subjective what loperamide can assist with during wds.

The search engine might be helpful if you haven't already looked up opiate wd.

A New thread will gain new attention,

All the best,

Rtp

People still take lope? That shit will kill you.

Better off ordering kratom. Or even poppy seeds.

Runtoparadise thank you for your suggestion. As a greenie I didn't want to screw up, as I always see "Use the search engine". I also posted in the opi wd mega thread, but may start my own thread if that doesn't gain any traction either. Thank you for your help.

^Generally the above mentioned won't cover sizeable wds, not that lope would either IMHO

Rtp

Yes it will, good kratom will most definitely cover most withdrawals, albeit you might need a lot, and unwashed seeds from a good source will definitely cover withdrawals, I've done some seriously potent poppy tea that was derived from a few pounds of poppy seeds.