• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Hi again guys. I haven't posted anything for sometime and haven't caught up on the whole thread. I really just wanted to jump in as a reminder to all of the seriousness of taking lope recreationally. I am the mother of the lad who died from naively taking lope after reading you could take it with grapefruit juice and get high.
It's a year ago today since we lost him. It's been the worst year of my life and I miss him everyday.
His passing was traumatic and the pain never ending. I know he didn't mean to leave but that is the risk and its a very real one.
He didn't realize he was dying he thought he was just tired or maybe the nod you describe.. That nice cozy feeling you describe can also be hypoxia which is deadly. He had 200mg over about 4-5 days.

I'm really curious about a few things...

1. Can you extract the binders via water, alcohol, ect to get pure lope
2. After using this pure lope can you drink the liquid you take before colonoscopies and some surgeries to clear your intestines from blockage and from getting paralytic ileus (edit: and/or ducolax, Metamucil, ect) would this counteract the constipation and be safe
3. Is this neurotoxic and if so is there a max dose that should be avoided

thanks I think this will benefit many reading this thread if it hasn't already been answered

Last edited:
It has been answered to the nth degree, though I admit this thread is a little bulky - mostly people asking the very same questions...

Yes, Loperamide HCl is theoretically extractable.
Paralytic Ileus is a serious risk with this compound, and I'm not entirely sure how your proposed solution would work...
A structural analogue of Loperamide does indeed possess a neurotoxic action, I am unaware if Loperamide itself presents demonstrable neurotoxicity, or indeed if any long-term studies have explored that area.

Please read the swathes of literature, on BL and elsewhere if you are set on using Loperamide, and maybe pass your condolences onto the poster just a few comments above.

It has been answered to the nth degree, though I admit this thread is a little bulky - mostly people asking the very same questions...

Yes, Loperamide HCl is theoretically extractable.
Paralytic Ileus is a serious risk with this compound, and I'm not entirely sure how your proposed solution would work...
A structural analogue of Loperamide does indeed possess a neurotoxic action, I am unaware if Loperamide itself presents demonstrable neurotoxicity, or indeed if any long-term studies have explored that area.

Please read the swathes of literature, on BL and elsewhere if you are set on using Loperamide, and maybe pass your condolences onto the poster just a few comments above.

I'm not concerned with theory, I'm looking for a useable extraction method. Maybe if we can get some more tangible information to work with people won't be ODing on this substance and can use it in more controlled manner.
1. It's relatively cheap
2. It's readily available
3. It's able to pass a drug test?
I'm drug tested so I don't have much to work with.

Honestly overdosing from its opiate effects would be the least of my worries. I'm opiate/sedative tolerant. The main concern would be intestinal blockage and any toxic effects from excessive amounts of the fillers. And from what I can tell both of those problems can be solved, is there anything I'm missing? It seems like this has some potential if everything is done correctly.

Yes, loperamide worked wonders to get me off oxycodone. I was up to 600 mg oxycodone in a day to feel "good" and had a wake-up call. I've tried before, but the skin crawling withdrawals are what I absolutely cannot stand. Once I'm off, PAWS has been getting me. But I'm doing research and learning more about it.

Anyway... so I haven't had any oxycodone for a week now. I've been taking loperamide (about 50-100 mg/day) in it's place. No physical withdrawal symptoms. But when I quit taking the loperamide, my skin started crawling after about 36 hours. Now, I know this is to be expected, because the loperamide was simply taking oxy's place. But my question is: What is your experience with a lope taper? I don't want to string it out too long and make my dependence worse. But I also don't want the skin crawling withdrawals.

I'm not concerned with theory, I'm looking for a useable extraction method. Maybe if we can get some more tangible information to work with people won't be ODing on this substance and can use it in more controlled manner.
1. It's relatively cheap
2. It's readily available
3. It's able to pass a drug test?
I'm drug tested so I don't have much to work with.

Honestly overdosing from its opiate effects would be the least of my worries. I'm opiate/sedative tolerant. The main concern would be intestinal blockage and any toxic effects from excessive amounts of the fillers. And from what I can tell both of those problems can be solved, is there anything I'm missing? It seems like this has some potential if everything is done correctly.

Overdosing is the least of your worries? Foolish attitude, but how about a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia?

https://madmargaret.wordpress.com/2...o-more-part-2-or-happy-2nd-re-birthday-to-me/

Sound like fun? There's a reason that opiate addicts everywhere haven't simply jumped on the bandwagon. Its simply not a sustainable or reasonable option for getting high.

Hi again guys. I haven't posted anything for sometime and haven't caught up on the whole thread. I really just wanted to jump in as a reminder to all of the seriousness of taking lope recreationally. I am the mother of the lad who died from naively taking lope after reading you could take it with grapefruit juice and get high.
It's a year ago today since we lost him. It's been the worst year of my life and I miss him everyday.
His passing was traumatic and the pain never ending. I know he didn't mean to leave but that is the risk and its a very real one.
He didn't realize he was dying he thought he was just tired or maybe the nod you describe.. That nice cozy feeling you describe can also be hypoxia which is deadly. He had 200mg over about 4-5 days

This can't be stressed enough.

And because of this mothers post I re-iterate over and over again throughout this thread in the hope that one of you doesn't accidentally overdose and die - loperamide should only be used in heavily tolerant individuals to taper off of opioids at the lowest possible dose which relieves symptoms.

It is not a drug to get high on.

Not a drug to get high on.

Not a drug to get high on.

I can't emphasize that enough.

Read all the posts by this mother if you think it is.

Go to the place with posts about bluelighters who have passed and find the one with the guy who died from loperamide+alcohol, even though he probably wasn't taking it to get high....

I am down to 4-5 pills a day, and hoping to drop it down even more...... to 1-2 and then to none.

Loperamide can be used to taper off opioids.

It is not useful and deadly when used for any other purpose than tapering off of opioids using the lowest does necessary.
(unless you're not dependant on opioids and taking a single pill to prevent what it is indicated for...)

And if you do say you get a "high", it's not a true opioid high even if your pupils are pinpricks, it's shit garbage and damaging. Don't do it.

Last edited:
First time posting.. (Hydro/Oxy being my DOC) So, today was day 3 of WD's, I've been using on & off for about 4 years now & due to the fact that I no longer have health insurance & can't afford the habit, I'm trying to quit completely, despite my love for it. Lol.. Anyway, I took 10MG of Lope & most, if not all of my symptoms are now gone.. But now I'm worried about prolonging the WD process? Should I continue dosing with Lope for a couple days, or...? Help, please!

Had a rather odd experience with Lope yesterday - combined inhibition of CYP2D6, 450 and p-GP allowed central activity. The 'high' has never been particularly pleasurable, always has that 'dirty' feel to it. Zero euphoria.

It did cause a resurgence of Hemifacial Spasms that I've been mostly free of for years. Demerol also did the same.
Given Meperidine's infamous toxicity, I am even more wary of Loperamide.

Anything sharing features with Pethidine is to be avoided, IMO.

A little fings to add, is that while Loperamide itself is non-recreational, if it passe the blood-brain-barrier,we can conclude it can potentialize other Opiod or CNS depressant compound and i know some ppl mixing DXM with Loperamide to counter the DXM diarhea (a frequent problems for some DXM users) so they should take caution about this mix as the Loperamide(supposedly) can potentiate the DXM too !

Only use loperamide if you have an opiate tolerance and are trying to get off of them..... (2-4 mgs is fine for someone with the shits).... but a non tolerant person taking 30 mgs and more.. etc.. is just reckless.

Only use loperamide if you have an opiate tolerance and are trying to get off of them..... (2-4 mgs is fine for someone with the shits).... but a non tolerant person taking 30 mgs and more.. etc.. is just reckless.

QFT, wreckless, dangerous and could be fatal. Non tolerant users should follow the instructions on the bottle to the letter as it works perfectly for the shits when they are followed. You need no more than a single pill.

A little fings to add, is that while Loperamide itself is non-recreational, if it passe the blood-brain-barrier,we can conclude it can potentialize other Opiod or CNS depressant compound and i know some ppl mixing DXM with Loperamide to counter the DXM diarhea (a frequent problems for some DXM users) so they should take caution about this mix as the Loperamide(supposedly) can potentiate the DXM too !

Loperamide defintely does not potentiate opioids and can raise your tolerance and make life miserable. It can be used via the instructions on the bottle to deal with diarrhea and that's it for the non tolerant, or it can be used by tolerant users in withdrawal to taper off opioids at the lowest dose necessary, though you should follow the instructions on the bottle and increase by 1-2 pills every FOUR hours (YES it takes that long for loperamide to kick in and make a difference) until it works to lessen withdrawal symptoms, that is - by carefully taking THE LOWEST DOSE NECESSARY to lessen withdrawal symptoms. Much more than that and you'll be raising your tolerance and prolonging suffering. If it starts to remove most symptoms - but not all - you still shouldn't increase it anymore as those still present over loperamide will fade in a few days and then you should taper as fast as possible.

Following this I'm down to 8mg a day and plan on only taking 7mg today. This is from a starting point of 40mg-45mg (was too high of a dosage to begin with....)...... I'm proud of myself for sures!

Trying to use it as a magic pill to remove ALL symptoms as I've read some doing has pushed some people into stupid and unnecessarily and dangerously high doses which I'm sure definitely prolonged their suffering. Go read about some people at 200mg for a LONG ass time and how miserable it was for them to lessen that dosage, and keep in mind that I'm guessing the only people who should take 200mg are someone who is on like 10g of PURE IV DIAMORPHINE/HEROIN a day or that equivalent in other opioids.

Had a rather odd experience with Lope yesterday - combined inhibition of CYP2D6, 450 and p-GP allowed central activity. The 'high' has never been particularly pleasurable, always has that 'dirty' feel to it. Zero euphoria.

It did cause a resurgence of Hemifacial Spasms that I've been mostly free of for years. Demerol also did the same.
Given Meperidine's infamous toxicity, I am even more wary of Loperamide.

Anything sharing features with Pethidine is to be avoided, IMO.

Did you really have pinned pupils, because I believe that even in people non-naive to opioids (I.E. have some tolerance) you can still mistake the shitty peripheral effects for somewhat of an opioid 'feeling' even though there is never any high OR pleasantness. To anyone else, anyone chasing a feeling with loperamide is looking at either a seriously horrible time/life at best, and at worse ending up under a coroner's white sheet.

First time posting.. (Hydro/Oxy being my DOC) So, today was day 3 of WD's, I've been using on & off for about 4 years now & due to the fact that I no longer have health insurance & can't afford the habit, I'm trying to quit completely, despite my love for it. Lol.. Anyway, I took 10MG of Lope & most, if not all of my symptoms are now gone.. But now I'm worried about prolonging the WD process? Should I continue dosing with Lope for a couple days, or...? Help, please!

You should taper as rapidly as possible, if you can taper down to nothing in a week or yeah it may prolong your withdrawals a few days but they won't be near as horrible or unbearable as cold turkey and IMO still work it. I'm down to 8mg from 40mg though I have a feeling these 8mgs are gonna suck tapering 1mg off at a time, but as I said it is still doable and so lightweight/easy that it prevents me from seeking out a REAL (read fully CNS active) opioid. I don't know how sucky it's really going to be though as I've not gotten this low before, but it seems for most opioids the last steps suck a lot, but going from 40->8mg has really been pretty painless, so we'll see.

(this is not in reply to the last quoted post FYI):
If you disagree and think you can still get high on loperamide please see "The Shrine" for a bluelighter who died from loperamide or the mothers post in this thread who lost a son who was trying to get high on this drug. If you still think you can get high please keep it to yourself or realize you're a moron.

Last edited:
@LWD - yes, constriction was present.
I have dosed with and without the inhibitors just so I could be a little more sure about the 'placebo' possibility.
36mg of Loperamide is such that I could never get truly 'high', in the traditional sense, but the effect it has on myself is all I sought - analgesia, slight apathy, somnolence and sedation.

I appreciate your posts and I second the dangers - Loperamide is not to be taken lightly and carries serious dangers and adverse effects that are atypical of opiodergic activity.

I'll agree with that. I never deny some central effects are possible (like we mentioned indicated by pinned pupils or histamine release), but if anyone (not you as you're approaching this from an informed perspective) thinks you're gonna get pinned pupils and a morphine or even fentanyl or pethidine like sensation you're kidding yourself and playing with fire.

I can recall a naive time (not to opioids... to loperamide) where I pushed it and ended up vomiting more than I ever have. Dangerous, dangerous shit, not to mentioning vomiting until that center of your brain resets for 10 minutes and feeling merely crappy and then after 10 minutes is up fully nauseous and vomiting again, rinse and repeat that cycle for 5 hours..... fucked up stuff. I was drinking water just to have something to evacuate.

Again, condolences to the mother here who lost her son.
Anyone trying to get high on lope... JUST GET SOME FUCKING VICODIN. Seriously, why the fuck would you go out of your way to do this, again, I agree that a slightly higher dose for an opioid taper (NO more than 10mg) could be useful in dealing with bowel symptoms, but anything else is as pointless as nutmeg.

Again, condolences to the mother here who lost her son.
Anyone trying to get high on lope... JUST GET SOME FUCKING VICODIN. Seriously, why the fuck would you go out of your way to do this, again, I agree that a slightly higher dose for an opioid taper (NO more than 10mg) could be useful in dealing with bowel symptoms, but anything else is as pointless as nutmeg.

QFT

But don't be grouping this stuff in with nutmeg, I hear nutmeg is actually a real psychedelic.... and this stuff will NOT get you high, more like dead if you think it will.

QFT

But don't be grouping this stuff in with nutmeg, I hear nutmeg is actually a real psychedelic.... and this stuff will NOT get you high, more like dead if you think it will.

Ok I'm sorry if people here are stupid enough to value the psychedelic properties of nutmeg, but yes, you are right, it's psychoactive-ness is MORE than that of lope, so I apologize.