• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

I honestly think Lope is a better maintenence drug than Suboxone. It doesn't kill libido in reasonable doses. Your not numb. Too bad there wasn't a way to make it healthier and more absorbable as it is. Meaning you don't have to take all these extra drugs to increase absorbtion. Lope doesn't kill cravings as much but seems to help big time especially with PAWS. Best thing though is to keep your relatively high dosage to every other day. High dosage being around 60mg and no more. It is also a great pain reliever and helps with social anxiety. Very strange drug. The high when overdosing sucks. The foggy head and vision issues make it less abusable. How people get up to 200-300 mgs is crazy but I guess with tolerance it can happen.

Mycophile,
In my experience It does. Some say Lope Blunts euphoria which may be true but to someone who's been on opiates for years euphoria is already blunted.

After 14 days of Suboxone withdrawal I started taking lope for the first time. To my surprise it worked well. I still had some Kratom left over and got greedy and found I was able to get a buzz from it. Within a few days it was taking more and more though so it was short lived.

Lope for me potentiated herion big time and made it have extremely long legs. Yes there may have not been the same euphoria but it really made me nod and itch like crazy which lasted a long time. I understand what they are saying to be careful of overdose.

Lope is one opiate your taking thats hitting your receptors. You add another one and of course its going to cause more effects. Its not Suboxone and those that say it block effects are mistaken by tolerance.

Do not use high dose loperamide to maintain, please, suboxone is much safer. Any sort of long term high dose loperamide use appears to lead to serious cardiac troubles causing possible sudden death.

https://madmargaret.wordpress.com/2...learinghouse-password-protected-see-comments/

Loperamide in high doses is very cardio toxic and will kill you eventually.

I primarily use Lope to ease GI discomfort after moderately small runs of heroin use. I only take 30mg or so the first day or two. I've found that anything above 14mg creates some peripheral effects that trick my mind into thinking it's high. It's amazing how powerful our minds are.

I've found that higher doses (40mg+) make me feel extremely overly tired. Sure, in withdrawal this seems very welcoming. However it feels like a toxic, knocked out feeling. I can sleep for 12hrs and wake up feeling like I barely slept and easily able to sleep four more hours.

Does anyone else experience this?

I took 800mg of Tagamet about 45 minutes ago and 24mg (12 pills) of Lope 5 minutes ago. I'm really, really, really hoping this alleviates a good portion of my WD symptoms...

Great results so far. I'm shocked. Very few WD symptoms using 24mg twice a day of Lope and 5-6 grams a day, only once, of Kratom. Tomorrow will be my last day of Kratom then it's Lope only. Wednesday is only Lope and I start tapering off that Thursday. Here's to hoping things continue to work so well. My only issues have been lethargy and MAD anxiety.

Ughhhhh...... I've been addicted to lope for a good 5 or 6 years now. Just lope. It's the craziest thing ever to me still. I use heroin off and on but without lope even IV heroin won't completely make me good unless I have lope to go with it. I've tried to taper down numerous times. I always do good until I get in the under 20mg/day range and then inevitably relapse and just start eating handfuls. Thankfully my habit is only about 40-60mg a day at the moment. I'm going to try a rapid taper and quit altogether as soon as I get below 10mg. The only way to beat addiction is to stop altogether at some point. So the withdrawal is inevitable. I am wondering though. Will it really make a difference if I quit altogether at 10mg/day compared to 40mg/day? Should I just cold turkey now and get it over with? I feel like the withdrawal will always be more or less the same when completely giving up something..... for us addicts at least.

If you find yourself not being able to taper then yes cold turkey is the smart option. I found with stimulants (not advisable for healthy living) I was able to taper loperamide rapidly without noting any withdrawal symptoms. It isn't a particularly healthy thing to do, it's better to taper with low doses of benzos/thienodiazipines ONLY if they are a class of drugs you have no problem controlling. If you don't get along with them it's very likely you'll take too much, impair decision making and relapse, perhaps lethally.

Does Loperamide potentiate Kratom or make the Kratom high stronger?

See my next response, my opinion differs.

I honestly think Lope is a better maintenence drug than Suboxone. It doesn't kill libido in reasonable doses. Your not numb. Too bad there wasn't a way to make it healthier and more absorbable as it is. Meaning you don't have to take all these extra drugs to increase absorbtion. Lope doesn't kill cravings as much but seems to help big time especially with PAWS. Best thing though is to keep your relatively high dosage to every other day. High dosage being around 60mg and no more. It is also a great pain reliever and helps with social anxiety. Very strange drug. The high when overdosing sucks. The foggy head and vision issues make it less abusable. How people get up to 200-300 mgs is crazy but I guess with tolerance it can happen.

Mycophile,
In my experience It does. Some say Lope Blunts euphoria which may be true but to someone who's been on opiates for years euphoria is already blunted.

After 14 days of Suboxone withdrawal I started taking lope for the first time. To my surprise it worked well. I still had some Kratom left over and got greedy and found I was able to get a buzz from it. Within a few days it was taking more and more though so it was short lived.

Lope for me potentiated herion big time and made it have extremely long legs. Yes there may have not been the same euphoria but it really made me nod and itch like crazy which lasted a long time. I understand what they are saying to be careful of overdose.

Lope is one opiate your taking thats hitting your receptors. You add another one and of course its going to cause more effects. Its not Suboxone and those that say it block effects are mistaken by tolerance.

1. Loperamide does no require drugs to make it absorb better. It takes 4-8 hours to reach peak plasma (anecdotally, it is listed as less in literature), people take those trying to increase CNS effects which IMO invariably fail or elicit placebo effects. I have felt an itchy nose before but as my pupils are always blown I attribute it to placebo or peripheral opioid action rather than central effects.
2. I have only found loperamide able to massively increase tolerance, potentiation is nil to nothing IMO, your experience may very but it isn't a good idea to use it to potentiate drugs. (Even if you find it to increase effects it is not potentiating them as that term is reserved for something that decreases metabolism which leads to increased peak plasma quantities, or increases peak plasma through absorption with no effect on metabolism).

Do not use high dose loperamide to maintain, please, suboxone is much safer. Any sort of long term high dose loperamide use appears to lead to serious cardiac troubles causing possible sudden death.

https://madmargaret.wordpress.com/2...learinghouse-password-protected-see-comments/

Loperamide in high doses is very cardio toxic and will kill you eventually.

“Summary: …. A 26-year-old man who was taking 800 mg of loperamide per day presented requesting detoxification referral. Loperamide has potential for euphoric effects and information on how to facilitate such effects is easily available. It is important for physicians to be aware of the potential for misuse of and dependence on loperamide, with symptoms mimicking opiate use.”

Holy bejesus, this dude was taking 400 pills daily before he got a fucking referral. I have a feeling that 800mg of loperamide a day would only be needed to alleviate withdrawal symptoms had you been taking 20 grams of oxycodone daily. As I've never before heard of someone with such a tolerance, there is no reason to ever ever take that much.

Also there is no good reason to take loperamide long term, I got down to a single 2mg pill a day before I somewhat relapsed, though I never got to where I was before. Also, PAWS and withdrawal symptoms were completely under control, relapse was due to the continuing stupidity that opioids have no problem inducing.

Also (posting another post so it gets seen) I sent a message to Earth, one of the owners of Erowid about adding loperamide. He agreed if I came up with literature backed information on it. If anyone has full journal articles regarding this drug I'd appreciate if you'd PM me with them using some file upload place, I'll try to get around to this tomorrow.

Loperamide has grown in use among addicts to manage withdrawal symptoms, as well as sadly (and my goal at educating and preventing) kids seeing that it has opioid like potential and trying to get high on it, sometimes with (as we've seen in this thread) fatal results. Please only take this drug in the lowest quantity possible for as short of time possible. Maintaining with it for years is a bad idea and as another poster mentioned, you probably need to be on buprenorphine (suboxone).

Do NOT take loperamide WITH methadone. Loperamide elongates QT interval as well as methadone and can both can cause torsades de pointes by themselves, and are far FAR more likely to induce it together.

Please stay safe, and educated.

I've been taking around 30mg-40mg of Loperamide daily to manage withdrawal symptoms related to quitting a 150mg a day oxy addiction as well as a Kratom addiction (not at the same time, I bounce between the two). It's now day 4. I read this entire thread plus many others on Loperamide (and its dangers).

Lolwhatz- I saw that you posted quite a bit and appear knowledgeable on the topic. The Loperamide has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. I take it an hour after 800mg of Tagamet. I missed the Tagamet once and it seemed to make a noticeable difference. My question here is if you feel I'm taking an unsafe amount. Usually it's 20-24mg in the AM and another 10-12mg at night. I want to start tapering in 2 days, which will be day 6 of withdrawals. I know it has a long half life and don't want to have it inadvertently build up to unsafe levels in my body. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've been taking around 30mg-40mg of Loperamide daily to manage withdrawal symptoms related to quitting a 150mg a day oxy addiction as well as a Kratom addiction (not at the same time, I bounce between the two). It's now day 4. I read this entire thread plus many others on Loperamide (and its dangers).

Lolwhatz- I saw that you posted quite a bit and appear knowledgeable on the topic. The Loperamide has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. I take it an hour after 800mg of Tagamet. I missed the Tagamet once and it seemed to make a noticeable difference. My question here is if you feel I'm taking an unsafe amount. Usually it's 20-24mg in the AM and another 10-12mg at night. I want to start tapering in 2 days, which will be day 6 of withdrawals. I know it has a long half life and don't want to have it inadvertently build up to unsafe levels in my body. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Personally I never use tagamet, so there's that. I had a tolerance to oxycodone similar to that and that seems like a safe amount. I always found that while I would require a dosage higher than that the first day (up to 100mg) I could easily take only 20-35mg the next day and subsequent days. It takes a very long time for it to be absorbed fully, and since loperamide has a pretty long half life I always need less than half the second and later days.

So, no you're not taking an excessive amount - as I don't take tagamet I'm not sure how much it increases peak plasma, but even if it doubled the strength you wouldn't be in acute danger, it just isn't a good idea to take such dosages for a extended duration (some of the people here have taken 100-200mg it every day for years and doses several times that, not saying what they're doing is safe in the slightest just that you specifically are very likely ok). Doing exactly as you're doing it is fine, especially if you stick to the tapering you mentioned.

Personally I would take the smaller dosage in the morning, and the larger dosage 2-5 hours (depending on your experience) before you go to bed. Loperamide, as I mentioned, takes a while to build up in your system (about 4-5 hours or a little more for me before maximum effects are reached) and many people feel that it increases lethargy and fatigue, it is best to position those maximum side-effects of the larger dosage at night. Also, since the peak effect of the larger dosage will be achieved while sleeping, when you wake in the morning rested it may be easier to taper that lower dosage in the morning first while taking the same amount at night until you're not taking any in the morning. I've never found a need to take loperamide more than once a day, though when I was tapering it I would do that with two equal smaller dosages and reduce them both instead of one large and one small.

Happy to help if you have any more questions or need input regarding my subjective experience with the stuff. It can be a real life saver when used correctly, and definitely increase your chances of stopping opioid use due to the lack of horrible physical symptoms (I'd much rather be fatigued, than dead fucking tired and unable to sleep at all 0 yuk, but what I hate the most is the pain and the temperature instability - sweating while shivering is the worst fucking thing ever). I successfully got down to 2mg a day but had to go and fuck it all up. I'll be starting over in a few days tapering again with low doses of etizolam to manage the anxiety. It should, hopefully, be easier now that I've done it once. Don't take the etizolam or related drugs if you might suddenly relapse and reach for opioids or if you have a hard time controlling benzo/thienodiazipine intake (IE you take them too much/become amnesic, you don't seem to feel them work so take more often, you can't control your dosage or must use it daily). I have never come close to dependency on these drugs and haven't done any etizolam (or any benzos/thienos) for a few months so I feel comfortable in adding 1-3mg max daily/as needed (it's half the strength of clonazepam(klonipin)/alprazolam(xanax) to help.

I found it helped a whole lot to create an excel spreadsheet with the columns (each underlined set is a column): Date/Hour/Dosage in Pills/Dosage in mg

And use a formula just to multiply the dosage in pills by to in the mg column.
[=cell number*2]
(the formula is in between the brackets, the brackets aren't part).

Keeping track of the exact time and dosage you're taking is important, and helps you keep track of where you are, where you were, and where you want to be. You can even fill in the rows of future dates ahead of time to make a plan and say cross them through if you take more or less to see where you had predicted and where you are.

Doing this helps a lot for sure! Taking pills and trying to remember what you took three days ago at what times isn't feasible.

I wish you much luck, it is very doable if you're determined, just stay away from people who have or are doing opioids for a good long time while and after tapering to 0. Heeding this previous sentence will save you a lot of failed effort and a lot of beating yourself up and a lot of pain. My downfall was realizing how low my tolerance was (Wow! I can get high on 2$ worth of dope!), having a friend that offered me some and fooling myself that I could somehow control myself and be a "weekend warrior," It's amazing how fast after hard work you go from an enlightened person getting sober to an idiot going: weekend, weekend, DAY DAY HOURS HOURS HOURS HOURS ad infinitum. Also, despite how low your tolerance has gotten, after going back to daily for just a week or two your previously high tolerance (after abusing opioids for awhile your body will never react like the first time you became dependant taking a long time to build up tolerance to 150mg of oxycodone, this is extra sucky because if it didn't do this you might at least be able to stop while you're... behind, nope.) is right back to where you started and so are the withdrawals.

Hope that helps!

PS, also after you get past the first 5-7 days, are only on loperamide and the oxycodone is out of your system you should stabilize, be less lethargic, have a bit more energy and motivation to continue. It helps to try and be active, accomplish something/exercise, something to be proud of that will make you realize what a great decision you've made and make you healthier. It's hard, and I will have much trouble practicing what I'm preaching in this paragraph.

PS2 (not the game console)
If you're not defecating daily you might be taking too much, if withdrawal is too painful to reduce right then take an oral laxative (not for more than a day if taking a stimulant laxative, it's always best to start with the polyethylene glycol laxative before ever taking a stimulant laxative, I've never needed either) and try and reduce as quickly as possible. I've always had a bowel movement daily and not gotten that stopped up YMMV. It helps to eat fruits, vegetables and grains for the fiber and even take a fiber supplement especially if you can't eat a lot of those things especially the first two. Green giant has steamer bags of good veggies that are quick to make and tasty. This fiber is especially important, and the vegetables and fruits especially especially important. I also drink lots of whole milk which the lactose gives me gas and helps move stuff along. Sorry if that's TMI.

Last edited:
Lolwhatz- WOW. Dude, that was the most awesome response ever. Like, it was the response I was *hoping* for but not expecting. It's kind of strange because I read every post of this entire thread over a 3 night period so, in a vague way, I kind of feel like I know you- or at least know of you. When I started posting a few days ago I had figured everyone gave up on this thread but decided to put my info out there just in case there were lurkers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to reply in such a detailed manner with such a thoughtful response. I am deeply, deeply appreciative. I've been extremely worried about taking too much Lope because of the horror stories I've been reading (granted, not many). But I'm just about out of options. I get hooked on oxy then manage to quit ONLY because I trade it for a Kratom addiction. Then I think how great I am to not be addicted to pain meds and how much healthier I am (partly true), but stay on Kratom for months then go back to the pills. The cycle hasn't let up in almost 2 years and I'm sick of it. Truly, desperately, incredibly sick of it. If I didn't absolutely despise needles I would have traded both addictions for dope long ago. In fact, I almost did. I lived in a major US city that's renowned for its H trade and was endlessly offered it at adult clubs (eg., strip joints). Even being an active alcoholic at the time and always jonesin' for pain pills, I still never tried dope. I guess I just watched it completely devastate the city and *knew* I would love it. Given enough time on oxy, with the amount I've been going through and the price, it was only a matter of time before I gave in. SO, I'm getting out now while the gettin' is good.

I should be posting in the "double life" section of the forum as my addiction is hidden from view from friends and loved ones. Occasionally I'll pour some Kratom tea in the "open", but it's easy enough to pass off as okay. It's been a second full time job hiding the pill addiction and I'm completely ashamed of it. The thing the finally did it for me, aside from the price and tolerance increase, is the lack of libido. I just don't ever think about sex or attraction, and haven't in quite some time. It's like a whole aspect of life is just gone from me and I hate it. My girlfriend deserves so much better. All of that is just a long way to say that I don't hang with anyone who would trigger this habit. That's good I guess.

I've tried to quit countless times. COUNTLESS. But the damn withdrawals get me every time. I never considered myself a wuss or pain adverse (the irony is thick there), but FUCK the withdrawals. They are just terrible. The worst part for me is the unprecedented anxiety which borders on full paranoia and the RLS. My GOD the RLS is awful. It's like I have to shake my arms and legs constantly. I can't imagine anyone who hasn't gone through severe RLS to understand how bad it is. I never did until it happened to me. SO, I go a few days, get paranoid as hell, have panic attacks, sweat my ass off while being freezing cold, then can't sleep because my arms and legs are on fire. I always cave on the third or fourth day.

I didn't think for a second the Lope would work (my Dad always said I was hard headed). I tried 16mg doses in the past and it did nothing, even for Kratom WD. This time around (4 days ago), it was all I had left. I actually started searching for Sub doctors in the area, ready to do anything. It seems that 24mg of Loperamide was the magic number, no less. I took the 12 pills and about 4-5 hours later I actually felt fine. It was amazing. Four days in and something like 80-95% of the withdrawals have never surfaced. I'm still shocked. Admittedly, there were a few days when the WDs started to appear and I was afraid to take more Lope so I used 5-6grams of Kratom. Never more than once a day and never more than 6 grams which is a small amount for me. I just threw it all out. Now it's just Lope, exercise and time.

Your spreadsheet is a fantastic idea. Thanks again. If it weren't for this site, this thread and members such as yourself I don't know what I would have done. Probably just gone and gotten myself addicted to Subs, maybe worse. It's not an exaggeration to say that this thread and its contributors may have saved my life. Got myself into one hell of a mess. But I'm an addict and that's what we do.

I'm using the bathroom about once every 2 days. I have been taking Senna daily which, after reading your response, seems like a bad idea. The first day I also took PEG, so I'll go back to that again. Worked great.

Really appreciative of your time and sage advice. I don't have a third chance in me so there's no going back to opiates and I wouldn't want to. I gave up drinking and never looked back. I'm ready to do it again with the oxy and Kratom. I really wish I could moderate my drug use. God, that would be so awesome. I have a few friends who are just fantastic at it. I will never understand. I'm unstoppable. If it alters my consciousness in any way that feels the slightest bit pleasurable, I'm addicted. I will keep going back for more until it kills me or I stop. That's just how it is and it fucking sucks. I don't understand it, but then again, I don't need to understand it to accept it as truth.

Best of luck to you this time around. Tomorrow is day 5 clean from Oxy for me and day 1 clean from Kratom. The worst seems like it's over, but I'm still preparing for it.

So, this weird thing is happening to me. My back is KILLING ME. I don't recall hurting my back and of all the pains I suffer, back pain isn't one of them. But today it hurts like hell. Maybe I actually did hurt it at some point but the opiates were masking the pain? Or is general back pain a withdrawal symptom? Cause DAMN. It's no joke.

How about for methadone withdrawal?

Version 1

Loperamide

image.cfm

Loperamide is an opioid drug used against diarrhea resulting from gastroenteritis or inflammatory bowel disease. In most countries it is available generically and under brand names such as Lopex, Imodium, Dimor, Fortasec, Lopedium, Gastro-Stop and Pepto Diarrhea Control.

Loperamide is an opioid-receptor agonist and acts on the μ-opioid receptors in the myenteric plexus of the large intestine; by itself it does not affect the central nervous system. It works similarly to morphine, by decreasing the activity of the myenteric plexus, which in turn decreases the tone of the longitudinal and circular smooth muscles of the intestinal wall. This increases the amount of time substances stay in the intestine, allowing for more water to be absorbed out of the fecal matter. Loperamide also decreases colonic mass movements and suppresses the gastrocolic reflex.

Ability to cross the blood–brain barrier:

It is a misconception that loperamide does not cross the blood–brain barrier. Loperamide does cross this barrier, although it is immediately pumped back out into non–central nervous system (CNS) circulation by P-glycoprotein. While this mechanism effectively shields the CNS from exposure (and thus risk of CNS tolerance/dependence) to loperamide, many drugs are known to inhibit P-glycoprotein and may thus render the CNS vulnerable to opiate agonism by loperamide.

Concurrent administration of P-glycoprotein inhibitors such as quinidine and its other isomer quinine (although much higher doses must be used),PPIs likeomeprazole(Prilosec OTC) and even black pepper (piperine as the active ingredient) could potentially allow loperamide to cross the blood–brain barrier. It should however be noted that only quinidine with loperamide was found to produce respiratory depression, indicative of central opioid action.
Loperamide has been shown to cause a mild physical dependence during preclinical studies, specifically in mice, rats, and rhesus monkeys. Symptoms of mild opiate withdrawal have been observed following abrupt discontinuation of long-term therapy with loperamide.

loperamide-jpg.jpe

Loperamide 2mg

51HAFN56T9L._SY300_.jpg

Imodium (brand name loperamide)

Use in Opiate Withdrawal

In high doses, loperamide has been shown to alleviate withdrawal symptoms from opiate dependency. Dose varies based on tolerance, but many people report (at the correct dose for their individual tolerance), total removal of withdrawal symptoms.

*****Warning*****

More and more people, non-opiate tolerance individuals, who are attempting to take high doses of loperamide to get high, are overdosing and dying. We have had 2 just very recently.

Loperamide should NOT be taken in such high doses unless for the purposes of treating opiate withdrawal symptoms, by individuals with a history of opiate use, and a high tolerance.

The recreational properties of loperamide are almost non-existant. It is not known for its "high". So, attempting to take enough to cause euphoria is simply incredibly dangerous and lacking any possible reward. This is not a recreational substance.

Do not attempt to ingest high does of loperamide to achieve a high.

*****Warning*****

[/QUOTE

I was on 120mg of methadone for 15 years and went to detox on June 3. Took my last dose of Suboxone on June 13 because I didn't start it for 4 days and still went into precipitative? withdrawal. I'm still having problems with my legs, etc. I knew this was going to be a long road but if immodium can help at all please let me know the minimum amount to take for some relief. I spent 17 days in detox only and now it's been almost a month and my head is clear but my body is way behind!

Version 1

Loperamide

image.cfm

Loperamide is an opioid drug used against diarrhea resulting from gastroenteritis or inflammatory bowel disease. In most countries it is available generically and under brand names such as Lopex, Imodium, Dimor, Fortasec, Lopedium, Gastro-Stop and Pepto Diarrhea Control.

Loperamide is an opioid-receptor agonist and acts on the μ-opioid receptors in the myenteric plexus of the large intestine; by itself it does not affect the central nervous system. It works similarly to morphine, by decreasing the activity of the myenteric plexus, which in turn decreases the tone of the longitudinal and circular smooth muscles of the intestinal wall. This increases the amount of time substances stay in the intestine, allowing for more water to be absorbed out of the fecal matter. Loperamide also decreases colonic mass movements and suppresses the gastrocolic reflex.

It is a misconception that loperamide does not cross the blood–brain barrier. Loperamide does cross this barrier, although it is immediately pumped back out into non–central nervous system (CNS) circulation by P-glycoprotein. While this mechanism effectively shields the CNS from exposure (and thus risk of CNS tolerance/dependence) to loperamide, many drugs are known to inhibit P-glycoprotein and may thus render the CNS vulnerable to opiate agonism by loperamide.

Concurrent administration of P-glycoprotein inhibitors such as quinidine and its other isomer quinine (although much higher doses must be used),PPIs likeomeprazole(Prilosec OTC) and even black pepper (piperine as the active ingredient) could potentially allow loperamide to cross the blood–brain barrier. It should however be noted that only quinidine with loperamide was found to produce respiratory depression, indicative of central opioid action.
Loperamide has been shown to cause a mild physical dependence during preclinical studies, specifically in mice, rats, and rhesus monkeys. Symptoms of mild opiate withdrawal have been observed following abrupt discontinuation of long-term therapy with loperamide.

loperamide-jpg.jpe

Loperamide 2mg

51HAFN56T9L._SY300_.jpg

Use in Opiate Withdrawal

In high doses, loperamide has been shown to alleviate withdrawal symptoms from opiate dependency. Dose varies based on tolerance, but many people report (at the correct dose for their individual tolerance), total removal of withdrawal symptoms.

*****Warning*****

More and more people, non-opiate tolerance individuals, who are attempting to take high doses of loperamide to get high, are overdosing and dying. We have had 2 just very recently.

Loperamide should NOT be taken in such high doses unless for the purposes of treating opiate withdrawal symptoms, by individuals with a history of opiate use, and a high tolerance.

The recreational properties of loperamide are almost non-existant. It is not known for its "high". So, attempting to take enough to cause euphoria is simply incredibly dangerous and lacking any possible reward. This is not a recreational substance.

*****Warning*****

Version 1

Loperamide

image.cfm

loperamide-jpg.jpe

Loperamide 2mg

51HAFN56T9L._SY300_.jpg

Use in Opiate Withdrawal

*****Warning*****

*****Warning*****

[/QUOTE

I was on 120mg of methadone for 15 years and went to detox on June 3. Took my last dose of Suboxone on June 13 because I didn't start it for 4 days and still went into precipitative? withdrawal. I'm still having problems with my legs, etc. I knew this was going to be a long road but if immodium can help at all please let me know the minimum amount to take for some relief. I spent 17 days in detox only and now it's been almost a month and my head is clear but my body is way behind!

So, this weird thing is happening to me. My back is KILLING ME. I don't recall hurting my back and of all the pains I suffer, back pain isn't one of them. But today it hurts like hell. Maybe I actually did hurt it at some point but the opiates were masking the pain? Or is general back pain a withdrawal symptom? Cause DAMN. It's no joke.

Lolwhatz- WOW. Dude, that was the most awesome response ever. Like, it was the response I was *hoping* for but not expecting. It's kind of strange because I read every post of this entire thread over a 3 night period so, in a vague way, I kind of feel like I know you- or at least know of you. When I started posting a few days ago I had figured everyone gave up on this thread but decided to put my info out there just in case there were lurkers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to reply in such a detailed manner with such a thoughtful response. I am deeply, deeply appreciative. I've been extremely worried about taking too much Lope because of the horror stories I've been reading (granted, not many). But I'm just about out of options. I get hooked on oxy then manage to quit ONLY because I trade it for a Kratom addiction. Then I think how great I am to not be addicted to pain meds and how much healthier I am (partly true), but stay on Kratom for months then go back to the pills. The cycle hasn't let up in almost 2 years and I'm sick of it. Truly, desperately, incredibly sick of it. If I didn't absolutely despise needles I would have traded both addictions for dope long ago. In fact, I almost did. I lived in a major US city that's renowned for its H trade and was endlessly offered it at adult clubs (eg., strip joints). Even being an active alcoholic at the time and always jonesin' for pain pills, I still never tried dope. I guess I just watched it completely devastate the city and *knew* I would love it. Given enough time on oxy, with the amount I've been going through and the price, it was only a matter of time before I gave in. SO, I'm getting out now while the gettin' is good.

I should be posting in the "double life" section of the forum as my addiction is hidden from view from friends and loved ones. Occasionally I'll pour some Kratom tea in the "open", but it's easy enough to pass off as okay. It's been a second full time job hiding the pill addiction and I'm completely ashamed of it. The thing the finally did it for me, aside from the price and tolerance increase, is the lack of libido. I just don't ever think about sex or attraction, and haven't in quite some time. It's like a whole aspect of life is just gone from me and I hate it. My girlfriend deserves so much better. All of that is just a long way to say that I don't hang with anyone who would trigger this habit. That's good I guess.

I've tried to quit countless times. COUNTLESS. But the damn withdrawals get me every time. I never considered myself a wuss or pain adverse (the irony is thick there), but FUCK the withdrawals. They are just terrible. The worst part for me is the unprecedented anxiety which borders on full paranoia and the RLS. My GOD the RLS is awful. It's like I have to shake my arms and legs constantly. I can't imagine anyone who hasn't gone through severe RLS to understand how bad it is. I never did until it happened to me. SO, I go a few days, get paranoid as hell, have panic attacks, sweat my ass off while being freezing cold, then can't sleep because my arms and legs are on fire. I always cave on the third or fourth day.

I didn't think for a second the Lope would work (my Dad always said I was hard headed). I tried 16mg doses in the past and it did nothing, even for Kratom WD. This time around (4 days ago), it was all I had left. I actually started searching for Sub doctors in the area, ready to do anything. It seems that 24mg of Loperamide was the magic number, no less. I took the 12 pills and about 4-5 hours later I actually felt fine. It was amazing. Four days in and something like 80-95% of the withdrawals have never surfaced. I'm still shocked. Admittedly, there were a few days when the WDs started to appear and I was afraid to take more Lope so I used 5-6grams of Kratom. Never more than once a day and never more than 6 grams which is a small amount for me. I just threw it all out. Now it's just Lope, exercise and time.

Your spreadsheet is a fantastic idea. Thanks again. If it weren't for this site, this thread and members such as yourself I don't know what I would have done. Probably just gone and gotten myself addicted to Subs, maybe worse. It's not an exaggeration to say that this thread and its contributors may have saved my life. Got myself into one hell of a mess. But I'm an addict and that's what we do.

I'm using the bathroom about once every 2 days. I have been taking Senna daily which, after reading your response, seems like a bad idea. The first day I also took PEG, so I'll go back to that again. Worked great.

Really appreciative of your time and sage advice. I don't have a third chance in me so there's no going back to opiates and I wouldn't want to. I gave up drinking and never looked back. I'm ready to do it again with the oxy and Kratom. I really wish I could moderate my drug use. God, that would be so awesome. I have a few friends who are just fantastic at it. I will never understand. I'm unstoppable. If it alters my consciousness in any way that feels the slightest bit pleasurable, I'm addicted. I will keep going back for more until it kills me or I stop. That's just how it is and it fucking sucks. I don't understand it, but then again, I don't need to understand it to accept it as truth.

Best of luck to you this time around. Tomorrow is day 5 clean from Oxy for me and day 1 clean from Kratom. The worst seems like it's over, but I'm still preparing for it.

Sounds like you've done everything right. The people finding a very very hard at quitting are generally using much higher doses. You seem like a healthy guy so I'd forget the stimulant route I mentioned. If you know anything of the RC scene it couldn't hurt buying 30x1mg pills of etizolam (splitting them in half) and only taking them if you having opioid cravings or massive anxiety. 5 days clean from oxy is impressive. I promise, once you make it to 10 days with neither agonists you'll be so proud you won't want to relapse.

A good thing is this is a secret life, meaning that you aren't surrounded by friends who are using. You have no idea how much that well help you get through this. Reading about senna it increases secretions but also gut motility so I don't know if that would fall under the category of stimulant laxative. I'd avoid and stick to the PEG. The W/Ds are what get everyone. If it had the same addictive profile as stimulants I'd never have had a problem with opioids, it's that RLS and temperature differentials that kill me every time, as well as the lethargy.

If you would like to talk some time you can hit me up on skype (PM me for my user name) or download pidgin (used to be gaim) and and I'll give you my username for xmpp, or you can PM me on AIM at [email protected] . I wouldn't mind being your digital 'sponsor' if you will (and you mine as I plan on kicking the opioids to the curb in the next week or so.

It's been 17 days since you took an opioids? I'd start with 2 pills, and add a single pill every 6-8 hours until you feel better. If you've really been clean for 17 days I wouldn't go past 20mg (10 pills) and wouldn't stay on it longer then a week or two (tapering after a week or two over two more weeks to 0)

Thanks so much man. You've been tremendously helpful. It's one week today and I feel pretty great. I haven't started my Lope taper yet but plan to ditch 4 pills from tomorrows AM and PM dosing. I have a big week coming up, professionally, so kicking this addiction couldn't have possibly come at a better time. Actually, it's more or less because of all the events taking pace this week that I decided to kick the addiction last week. That and terrible issues with not being able to "get in the mood" with my girlfriend that left her crying and thinking it was her fault. I never, ever want to see that again. Ever.

I've felt so "free" this week. Not worrying about my next pill or constantly counting how many I have left and trying to plan each one out or where they're coming from next. Jesus. That right there is sick AND time consuming. I can't believe how much time I've dedicated to being an addict. It reminds me of being an active alcoholic. Every day, all day was about getting my next drink. It just ruins life.

Good info on Etizolam. If the anxiety keeps kicking in I may have to go that route. I bought a bottle of GABBA but haven't taken any. I've got no idea how to use it and haven't had time to research it.

Thanks again for all the awesome info and support! I'll take your advice and stick with the PEG. The senna gives me severe cramps anyway. I'll PM you so we can stay in touch. Good luck and best wishes to you with this kick.

Nomo- I've heard that Methadone has the longest withdrawal period. Don't know if that's universally true, but anecdotal evidence seems to support it. All I can say about Loperamide is that I was high skeptical if it would work AT ALL. I would have been thrilled if it even worked a little bit. For me, 150mg/day oxy habit, it nearly took ALL of the withdrawal symptoms away. It may not work that well for you. It may not work at all, but it seems like a majority of people have very good luck with it. GREAT JOB on 17 days!!!!!!! That must have been a hellish 17 days. You should be proud. Take Lolz advice, it worked for me wonderfully. When I first tried to kick the addiction I took 16mg of Immodium at once and it did NOTHING at all for me. It seems there is a "saturation" level, or it's kind of binary in that it just doesn't work at all until you take enough, but once you find the right dose it does the job. For me the right dose has been 30mg at once, twice daily. Less than 24mg doesn't work for me. You may be different though. Start low and work your way up to find the sweet spot. Make sure you take PEG (Miralax) or you run the risk of a fecal impaction.

I'm wondering if this drug helps with general gi issues due to benzo withdrawal, well general drug and opioid withdrawal like dihydrocodeine, effexor xanax, lyrics, seroquel etc.....like butterflies, nausea. My script runs out tomorrow and I'm not due one until Friday, I'm dreading it.

^Are you going to run out of all of those, or just benzos? (Which alone can be a nightmare).

Afaik lope will help with any gut issues from any cause. Well, diarrhea, whether from gastro or drug withdrawl.

IME it's not been helpful in reducing other symptoms that you listed such as nausea, butterflies, but with mixed results on this thread individual posters have previously reported anything from zero to almost high results.

Unless you have pre existing GI issues, Imo it's a relatively benign medicine that starting at a low dose over the short term, shouldn't be detrimental.

Check out the lyrica (pregabalin) for opiate withdrawl thread. Not sure if you have any left, or, if you are facing a few days of benzo or poly drug wds.

Rtp

Yes, I'm now out of all my drugs excluding a few df118s and 2 lyrica 20mg Capsules. I have to wait a few days before I get my script, I found some Palexia (tapentadol ) so they will have to keep me going. Is there a cheaper alternative to Imodium? Here in Ireland it's nearly 10.00 a box of 12, crazy price.

Yes, I'm now out of all my drugs excluding a few df118s and 2 lyrica 20mg Capsules. I have to wait a few days before I get my script, I found some Palexia (tapentadol ) so they will have to keep me going. Is there a cheaper alternative to Imodium? Here in Ireland it's nearly 10.00 a box of 12, crazy price.

That's probably a good thing, imodium is addicting because it's cheap as fuck and let's you go on crazy benders on opiates with a fall back (the imodium), and then you rely on high dose imodium (loperamide) which causes heart problems and shit. It's like 20$ for a bottle of 400 in North America.

That's unbelievably cheap, over here it's just sold in packs of 12, all 2mg tablets. My flatmate takes it everyday due to a medical condition which causes diarrhoea, it's so cheap in the states, I was wondering how people could afford to take like 24 tabs a day!

^Steal from your flatmate? Kidding. It's about the same price here, although there's now generic brands on the shelf, it's still around $15 for 20 2mg tabs.

The Palexia will help keep withdrawl symptoms at ease much more than the immodium by the way.

Funnily, I don't have tablets still left over like you, but I did come across an expired repeat script for Tapentadol.

This "novel opioid" that is often highly spoken of was far too trippy for myself with it's SNRI properties. It's not like I've ever let an oxycodone script even last long enough to be out of date.

Be well,

Rtp