• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any success getting a buzz off Subs while on maintenance by altering amount of intake?

For instance what if I'm taking 1mg for a week then on a Saturday night decide to take 4mgs? I can expect to catch a traditional opiate buzz, right? Then if I go back to taking 1mg for another week I'll be good after a couple days taking 4mg again, right?

I understand this isn't the best way to handle maintenance but its where I am right now. I tapered down from 16mgs to 1mg and now I'm taking anywhere between 1mg and 3 mg a day. I don't have any plans to stop right now. But just having it in my system has been enough to prevent me from taking any full agonists in the 18 months I've been on subs.

Not sure I have the willpower to do what I say above but sure would make things more interesting....

[h=2]Thread: Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use[/h]try this, its helped me a bunch

^^

You'll never get a "traditional opiate buzz" from bupe, because it is not a traditional opiate.. People without an opiate tolerance still get really high from it, but for people with a tolerance and on maint, you're not going to get high on it no matter what dose you take. Also, bupe doesn't work in the way full agonist opiates work, where taking more increases the effects. Taking 10mg's of bupe for example is not going to get you "higher" than 5mg's.. it doesn't work that way. So, if you're on 1mg normally and then take 4.. you're barely going to notice any change, if at all. People on incredibly high doses of bupe, like 24mg's, can drop down to 8mg's, 4mg's, etc, and feel exactly the same.. no change. Where as with heroin, if you cut your dose in half, or by 100, 200%, etc.. it's a massive difference, same with increasing it by that much. That's because heroin unlike bupe, is a full agonist opiate where increases in dose are proportional to strength of effect.
You haven't tried banging zubsolv yet mr scag, I get quite a nice opiate buzz from it using that ROA. And if I take diphenhydramine it increases, I've gotten close to nodding on my zubs this way =]

I have been addicted to opiates for 20 years...I am now on suboxone and have severe back pain so the doc prescribes tramal...I'll be honest,I'm also trying to get high...he's upped my tramal from 100mgs to 200 mg tablets,I normally take 1000mgs and dont even feel it...can anyone tell me how you get a high whilst on suboxone combined with tramal and also,how do I start a thread in the suboxone area. I am a new member here. Cheers.:? Oh I am currently on 28 mg of suboxone film.

Can I ask why you're on 28 mg? I'm not judging you but this is A LOT of suboxone. Most people can get by on far less than this. I'm getting a bit concerned for you with how much you're being prescribed n your thoughts of "wanting to get high." On that amount, those kind of thoughts should be blocked. However, I could also be speaking BS so you're in the right place here for advice.

Evey

Edit. How long have you been on suboxone? It takes time to stablise so if you've not been on long this could be why you're craving getting high. I apologise if you've already mentioned how long you've been prescribed sub n I've missed it

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I'll clarify. But first some background:

I had a massive oxycodone and oxymorphone habit. My run was about 30 months and I went from 10mgs getting me high to 400mgs just to feel normal. Purely recreational. I was headed to the dustbin of history and when I kept my 2 year old in the car in the 160's and Broadway when I was copping in a McDonald's bathroom I knew I had to quit. Luckily I fell into a Doc in NYC (turns out he was one of the first Sub Docs in NYC) who told me about Suboxone and managed me through a transition period to bupe maintenance.

I started at 16mgs in July 2012. By July 2013 I had tapered down to 1mg. No problem whatsoever. I went slowly. It was painless. On a whim I took 4mgs one day last summer and felt a really nice buzz. Not the "traditional opiate buzz" which I wrote in my first post but a definite glow (as someone wrote). And it lasted a long time, all night.

So for the past 9 months I've been jumping around with my doses. Never more than 4mgs. Never less than 1mg. I also take my doses at different times of the day. Sometimes I feel that glow but it's never been as strong as that first time. Which all leads me back to my question.

Has anyone maintained a long period of taking bupe at a low level, say 1mg for 10 days in a row, and then jumped up to 4mgs? Then gone back to taking 1 mg for 10 days, then take 4mg? With the purpose of getting high off the 4mgs? Seems like Trainspotter is doing a version of this. I say 4mgs because my research (mostly through reading BL) tells me that 4mgs is the ceiling amount though I know this varies person to person.

Not sure I have the willpower to do this. But if the glow is as good as I imagine it might be then maybe its worth putting my willpower to the test. I worry about tolerance however. I've been on bupe for almost 2 year snow. Maybe whatever possibility for a "glow" is gone.

Last edited:
Hi Lucas,

I've never this myself. I sounds very much like addict thinking to me. The main reason for subs is as a tool in truing to overcome the addiction n if you are doing addictive behaviour you may want to work through that n understand why.
What, long term, would you like to achieve from being on suboxone?

I've nearly been on suboxone for a year now, 8 mg for 5 months n then 12 mg because I was craving badly n ended up drinking a lot of alcohol per day. I'll soon be reducing to 10 mg.

Sorry I'm not familiar with trainspotter.

Evey

Thanks for the responses. I'll clarify. But first some background:

I had a massive oxycodone and oxymorphone habit. My run was about 30 months and I went from 10mgs getting me high to 400mgs just to feel normal. Purely recreational. I was headed to the dustbin of history and when I kept my 2 year old in the car in the 160's and Broadway when I was copping in a McDonald's bathroom I knew I had to quit. Luckily I fell into a Doc in NYC (turns out he was one of the first Sub Docs in NYC) who told me about Suboxone and managed me through a transition period to bupe maintenance.

I started at 16mgs in July 2012. By July 2013 I had tapered down to 1mg. No problem whatsoever. I went slowly. It was painless. On a whim I took 4mgs one day last summer and felt a really nice buzz. Not the "traditional opiate buzz" which I wrote in my first post but a definite glow (as someone wrote). And it lasted a long time, all night.

So for the past 9 months I've been jumping around with my doses. Never more than 4mgs. Never less than 1mg. I also take my doses at different times of the day. Sometimes I feel that glow but it's never been as strong as that first time. Which all leads me back to my question.

Has anyone maintained a long period of taking bupe at a low level, say 1mg for 10 days in a row, and then jumped up to 4mgs? Then gone back to taking 1 mg for 10 days, then take 4mg? With the purpose of getting high off the 4mgs? Seems like Trainspotter is doing a version of this. I say 4mgs because my research (mostly through reading BL) tells me that 4mgs is the ceiling amount though I know this varies person to person.

Not sure I have the willpower to do this. But if the glow is as good as I imagine it might be then maybe its worth putting my willpower to the test. I worry about tolerance however. I've been on bupe for almost 2 year snow. Maybe whatever possibility for a "glow" is gone.

I don't think you're going to have a problem with "willpower", as you are seriously overestimating the "high" you're going to get by doing that.. there's a good chance you're not going to be able to tell any difference at all at the 4mg's, let alone actually get a high, especially one good enough that it's going to be difficult not to do in the future..

But go for it and see what happens for yourself. I think you're gonna be pretty disappointed though..

Hi Lucas,

I've never this myself. I sounds very much like addict thinking to me. The main reason for subs is as a tool in truing to overcome the addiction n if you are doing addictive behaviour you may want to work through that n understand why.
What, long term, would you like to achieve from being on suboxone?

I've nearly been on suboxone for a year now, 8 mg for 5 months n then 12 mg because I was craving badly n ended up drinking a lot of alcohol per day. I'll soon be reducing to 10 mg.

Sorry I'm not familiar with trainspotter.

Evey

That's a great point. It does sound like addict logic. So let me consider what exactly i'm trying to get out of my bupe maintanence.

First off, Suboxone saved my life. I was destructive. My life savings were gone. I would have lost my kids and my wife in a matter of weeks i'm convinced.

Suboxone gave me my life back for which i'll be forever grateful. I'm a big reader. I love books. I've read 46 books since i went on bupe a year and a half ago. I didn't read 5 in the thirty months i was on full agonists.

Suboxone has also helped me discover things about myself that led me to my destructive habit in the first place. I'm working on these things but its not a quick fix. My goal is to stay on bupe until i feel strong enough to tackle these issues head on. I'm not there yet. Even taking 1mg of suboxone is enough to mentally fight off the urge to take full agonists. I really haven't had cravings for full agonists. But i've had cravings to get high and thus my questions above.

I guess i'm mainly taking bupe to prevent me from taking other opiates. And to give me time and energy to learn about myself. If i never take another drug other than bupe i'll consider my life a success.

Mr S.,
I hear ya. Probably not worth it. Although its funy cuz before i got on BL i never heard of anyone taking bupe recreationally.

Trying to get "high" off Bupe was always a disappointment to me. For me, it had no recreational value. But I think testing it a few times convinced me not to up my dose with any hope of feeling it and kept me on a low dose.

^^^^^^Lol really its one of the most commonly abused narcotics in the world. Watch the movie reindeerspotting escape from santaland it shows how in Finland subutex is sold on the street for 50 Euros an 8 mg pill and everybody who's hooked has to steal for their fix of bupe it gets imported from France into Finland where everybody gets high as hell off subutex via injection

I've seen the film reindeerspotting...but for ME it had zero recreational value. But that's just me...

Ahh ya I hear you its not much for recreational use. But I suppose that's all they can get over in Finland too and its all these ever known so they have never experienced agonists like heroin and oxycodone. But its crazy how they all look like typical heroin junkies and so run down looking and all he does is bupe. (Well I guess the main guy jani also messed around with speed but bupe was the one he was addicted to)

I think he died of a dope overdose in Thailand? If I'm not mistaken...
Yeah...that's the biggest drug of abuse in the Scandinavian countries....crazy!

That's a great point. It does sound like addict logic. So let me consider what exactly i'm trying to get out of my bupe maintanence.

First off, Suboxone saved my life. I was destructive. My life savings were gone. I would have lost my kids and my wife in a matter of weeks i'm convinced.

Suboxone gave me my life back for which i'll be forever grateful. I'm a big reader. I love books. I've read 46 books since i went on bupe a year and a half ago. I didn't read 5 in the thirty months i was on full agonists.

Suboxone has also helped me discover things about myself that led me to my destructive habit in the first place. I'm working on these things but its not a quick fix. My goal is to stay on bupe until i feel strong enough to tackle these issues head on. I'm not there yet. Even taking 1mg of suboxone is enough to mentally fight off the urge to take full agonists. I really haven't had cravings for full agonists. But i've had cravings to get high and thus my questions above.

I guess i'm mainly taking bupe to prevent me from taking other opiates. And to give me time and energy to learn about myself. If i never take another drug other than bupe i'll consider my life a success.

Hiya Lucas,

This post makes a lot of sense and sounds like you're thinking things through. I'm glad that suboxone saved your life and I'm glad that you know that your addiction would have lost you so much valuable people / things in your life. You've awareness about this and that's important and valuable in helping yourself try to overcome your addiction issues. The fact that you read a criticism of you, from my post, took it on board instead of getting defensive over it, is another thing in your favour. It sounds to me like you are looking closely at yourself in terms of making changes.

I am really very pleased that suboxone is, and has, worked for you, in fighting / overcoming your addiction issues. My advice to you, would to be maintain, and stabilise on a certain dose of what you feel is suitable for holding you (blocking cravings and what-not) and consider what you wish to plan in the future. For instance, do you want to be on life-long suboxone maintenance (termed "lifer") or are you using suboxone as a temporary measure - a tool in helping you overcome / deal with your addiction issues?

If it is the latter option, I would strongly advise that you put a plan into place for aftercare ie meetings, forums, sponsors, specific friends. Anything that you feel that would aid you in keeping you away from addictive behaviours / going back to the opiates and so forth. Everyone is different and things such as NA/AA don't always suit everyone, some people prefer forums. Well, you get the drift. The point is look for the after-care in what will help you.

I'm sorry I do tend to waffle on a bit so feel free to just scam through it. There are a lot of posters on this site who have a LOT of experience and sense and will be of great help to you.

Keep going, you're doing ace. And you'll get there!

Evey :) xxxx

I have been addicted to opiates for 20 years...I am now on suboxone and have severe back pain so the doc prescribes tramal...I'll be honest,I'm also trying to get high...he's upped my tramal from 100mgs to 200 mg tablets,I normally take 1000mgs and dont even feel it...can anyone tell me how you get a high whilst on suboxone combined with tramal and also,how do I start a thread in the suboxone area. I am a new member here. Cheers.:? Oh I am currently on 28 mg of suboxone film.

That's a dangerous dose of tramadol to take. It lowers the seizure threshold so 400mg is the maximum dose you can safely take. There are plenty of people on here that had no history of seizures but ended up seizing after taking a dose between 400-600mg. Taking 1000mg is just asking for a seizure, and is especially careless since you aren't even getting a good high from it.

I think he died of a dope overdose in Thailand? If I'm not mistaken...
Yeah...that's the biggest drug of abuse in the Scandinavian countries....crazy!

Actually, IIRC, I'm pretty sure he committed suicide by hanging himself, I don't remember what country this happened in, I think an article is on BL about the incident though. It's a sad ending to a fairly sad story...

Has anyone had a BAD experience changing from Suboxone to Zubsolv? Most of what I've read on this board had been positive. But I'm sure there's a silent majority out there with differing opinions.

Seeing my Sub doc this afternoon, plan to ask for a change to Zub. Just for the fuck of it.

^^

Actually a buddy of mine had a bad experience. He switched to zubs, hearing they were so much better, but they just made him feel like shit. He said he had to take way more than he normally did, and that they had some really unpleasant side effects. He was the only person I've heard have such a complaint though.

Actually, IIRC, I'm pretty sure he committed suicide by hanging himself, I don't remember what country this happened in, I think an article is on BL about the incident though. It's a sad ending to a fairly sad story...

it was in Cambodia. Sucks cause you can tell the guy actually had long term dreams and shit that didn't involve drugs. He wanted to settle down and start a family. I think I even remember him saying he wanted to grow his own crops. You can tell he actually did have an appreciation for the little things.

^^

Actually a buddy of mine had a bad experience. He switched to zubs, hearing they were so much better, but they just made him feel like shit. He said he had to take way more than he normally did, and that they had some really unpleasant side effects. He was the only person I've heard have such a complaint though.

Any idea how much he was taking? Be curious if this was at a very small level.

Status
Not open for further replies.