• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ it doesn't put you in a better mood or get rid of anxiety for you? I know it ain't a opiate type of buzz for those on maintenance who dose regularly but you should for sure feel a relief feeling after taking it.
It will only give a high to those who rarely take it or have a low opiate tolerance and if they don't take it consecutive days .

I would call it a high because it is above baseline. But a full blown opiate high every dose as if you were doing dope.. no not close. I guess we agree on that part.

Hey O'Deeesy, you mentioned you took sub while on probation? Do the courts in the states allow you to be on methadone and sub while drug testing you for other opiates now? Seems to me, back in the day, they didn't even allow methadone, but I'm frequently wrong.
They still never dose methadone patients in jail though, right? Or does it depend on the state your arrested in? I think that's cruel beyond words...and remember signing a petition to allow inmates to have meth while in jail if they were a regular at a clinic. When I was arrested and jailed a million yrs ago in Calif, they gave us Nerontin and clonidine to help kick. I just remember wanting to bash my head against the brick wall to relive the misery.

^^

Yeah for the most part, you can be on probation or whatever and still be on bupe or methadone, as long as you're on maintenance obviously with a script. They just drug test you for other opiates and the other shit.

And as for jail, it depends on the jail. Some will give you methadone or bupe if you were on maintenance before, some wont.

It's technically illegal and against the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, for the courts, (probation, parole, jails etc), to force you off of methadone or bupe. Yet, it is still done. But, with a decent lawyer, you can fight that as there is a lot of precedent for that. They are not supposed to be able to force you to stop taking your meds and there are legal rights organizations, like The Legal Action Center for example, that are constantly fighting that.

Last edited:
So I was talking to my Sub doc yesterday about switching to Zubs. What I found interesting is that he didn't know anything about them, he barely seemed aware that they were available. I guess the pharma reps haven't been by to see him recently which is odd as he was one of the first Sub docs in NYC and has a long, positive history of writing Subs. I think his practice only has 6 or 7 people on Subs though so maybe there are better "targets" for the pharma reps on the east side of Manhattan.

Anyway, I decided to stick with Suboxone for now. I can't ask for anything more. Suboxone works great for me. I'd be hard pressed to list any side effects for me.

As far as the discussion about "mood lifts" vs getting high I can attest that I feel a slight energy lift, could even be called a mood lift, when I space out my doses and take 2mg at night after taking say 1 mg the day prior. Might be placebo. I think I'll do some experimenting.

Hey Lucas, successful switcher from suboxone to zubsolv here! Just wanted to tell ya that my experience was more than successful, I myself feel that zubsolv is superior in every way for many reasons. (Inbox if you'd like to know my reasons why)

In the end everyone's body chemistry is different. What works for me and many others may not work with you, that's a risk you're gonna have to take to find out yourself. Try it! You may be very very presently surprised! ...or you may hate it and switch back, you'll know after a couple days. If I can answer any questions for ya let me know. I have extensive knowledge on all things bupe, especially on zubsolv.

Best of luck getting clean!
-pkpro

PK,
Thanks for the look. I'll PM you later today for details and specifics. Very curious about your experience. Did you switch because you were not pleased with how Suboxone was working for you?
I've been on Subs for almost 18 months and really have no complaints as I've said. No full agonists in those 18 months. Its just my junkie curiosity that wonders about switching.

I think he died of a dope overdose in Thailand? If I'm not mistaken...
Yeah...that's the biggest drug of abuse in the Scandinavian countries....crazy!

All I saw were pictures of what looked to be jani hanging from a rope looked like he killed himself or drug dealers did. Sad cause you can tell he wants a better life he had so many dreams all stolen by drugs. This happens everyday though drug addiction is a bitch and should really be treated differently

I did it purely for learning. I had no choice but to go on suboxone when I did. I was on probation so obviously doing dope and ocs still would have ended my ass back in jail.
Yeah I attempted to get high on it.
But it still beaten my addiction.
I am no longer addicted to opiates and I can proudly say that because it was not easy at all.. Over a year of paws, i could a relapsed whenever I wanted but didnt.
Anyway..
In the induction period of suboxone treatment you will catch a buzz. Because of the fact you're in Wds at the time and to alleviate that feels wonderful.
But the drs put people on such high doses that with along with its Half Life keep your receptors completely saturated in bupe .. I'm saying low doses that don't completely overwhelm them with the high affinity bupe allow for lows and HIGHS to be achieved by micrograms a couple times a day..

I agree suboxone treatment is to stop getting high. But there are some people who ARE gonna misuse it. Just like benzos are for anxiety but people use them for recreation.

There will always be people who abuse medicines.. and no one is going to stop them, so why not help them do it the best way instead of fucking up their tolerance by taking unneeded massive doses?

Like I said.. I had no choice but to go on it and yes used it for a high while still maintaining maintenance and got my life straightened out all at the same time.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the views of this subject.
Once an addict you're always gonna have the thought of getting high in your head. It becomes part of who you are. I don't look at myself as a bad person for using it how I did.. I am still 2 years clean off opiates.
Hey man how are things going with you? Still keeping clean? Good for you thats real admirabIe heard you saying methadone w/D's are worse than sub's? I've never detoxed of methadone before I've always heard Meth I'd the worst ever so that caught my attention. In what way did you find bupe to be worse than methadone?

^^

Yeah for the most part, you can be on probation or whatever and still be on bupe or methadone, as long as you're on maintenance obviously with a script. They just drug test you for other opiates and the other shit.

And as for jail, it depends on the jail. Some will give you methadone or bupe if you were on maintenance before, some wont.

It's technically illegal and against the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, for the courts, (probation, parole, jails etc), to force you off of methadone or bupe. Yet, it is still done. But, with a decent lawyer, you can fight that as there is a lot of precedent for that. They are not supposed to be able to force you to stop taking your meds and there are legal rights organizations, like The Legal Action Center for example, that are constantly fighting that.

Thanks for the info Mr.S,
I can't image a more hellish experience then detoxing off methadone in jail. I'm glad to hear things have changed. Let's hope all jails treat people more humanely.

^^

Yeah kicking in jail, especially a heavy methadone habit, is the pinnacle of misery. People have killed themselves in their cells to escape the pain. It's brutal. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. Taking a methadone patient, on a dose like 100mg's, that he's been on for years, and forcing him to go cold turkey on a cold cement floor.. is just about the most brutal inhumane thing you can do, and it happens all the time.

All I saw were pictures of what looked to be jani hanging from a rope looked like he killed himself or drug dealers did. Sad cause you can tell he wants a better life he had so many dreams all stolen by drugs. This happens everyday though drug addiction is a bitch and should really be treated differently

Yes...I remember now. He was found with a rope tied around his neck and to a fence, but his feet on the ground. Poor guy.

Hey man how are things going with you? Still keeping clean? Good for you thats real admirabIe heard you saying methadone w/D's are worse than sub's? I've never detoxed of methadone before I've always heard Meth I'd the worst ever so that caught my attention. In what way did you find bupe to be worse than methadone?

Hey train, I just couldn't jump off methadone. Even after tapering to a low dose (7mg) The headaches were CRUSHING. So I went to sub and tapered and jumped from .25mg. It wasn't easy by any means, but much better than methadone...

^^

How was the transitional period from the bupe to the methadone? Even coming from a low dose like that of methadone, I'm sure it still must have been a rough couple days-week or feeling shitty before the bupe started to really work.

For me the Wds lasted a lot longer with bupe and the paws were the worst part, lasted over a year for me and when i stopped i was under 1mg a day.
With methadone I CTd 120mg a day against medical advice.
It was serious pain and more intense than bupe but I only suffered horribly for a couple weeks.

Basically the 'done Wds were like a shotgun blast that hit hard but subsided fairly quickly to my surprise, although after a little clean time I relapsed and then went on bupe.
The bupe Wds were like getting stabbed every day for over a year.. less pain but longer duration of torture.
I'd take the shotgun blast over the latter anytime.

Last edited:
^^

How was the transitional period from the bupe to the methadone? Even coming from a low dose like that of methadone, I'm sure it still must have been a rough couple days-week or feeling shitty before the bupe started to really work.

After being in meth for 12 yrs, sub didn't feel very satisfying. But it took about three days to feel out of WD. They kept upping my dose and I didn't know much about sub at the time, and went to 12mg sub! WAY too much, and I dropped it down to 6mg within the week...and about 4mg within a month. But I took forever getting off low dose sub.(a yr) and I failed jumping four times before the fifth try stuck...
I've got a yr on the 22rd of this month. The irony of getting clean in Amsterdam doesn't escape me8)

^Dude, I'm stuck on the shit too, it obviously does something, but I wouldn't call it "being high" by a long-shot!

What I'm getting from this debate is that the perception of "getting high" may be different, for different people. Some people may feel that a slight euphoria is a "high" for them and also for others - while other people may think that an intense euphoric rush, and INTENSE only is a REAL "high" and NOTHING but. So in order to continue this debate as to whether Buprenorphine can really get a person "high" then we must all ascertain what we perceive/define as "making us high." If we cannot fully agree on an over-all definition/perceive of "high" then the only answer is to agree to differ. However, if we can all agree on a similar definition/ perception of "high" then we must look at Buprenorphine as ask does Buprenorphine really have this affect? Can Buprenorphine get a person high....

End of the day it comes down to individual perception and as to whether an agreement can be reached on a specific answer or that there can never be a specific answer ie getting high means different things to different people.

Evey :D

^^

Yeah kicking in jail, especially a heavy methadone habit, is the pinnacle of misery. People have killed themselves in their cells to escape the pain. It's brutal. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. Taking a methadone patient, on a dose like 100mg's, that he's been on for years, and forcing him to go cold turkey on a cold cement floor.. is just about the most brutal inhumane thing you can do, and it happens all the time.

O M G !!!!!!!!!!
That's terrible.... How can they do that to people?!?!??!
WOW that is very upsetting knowing that happens in this day n age.
Just awful....

Evey

^^I agree, but I don't think that many people would think of their maintenance bupe dose as "getting them high"!

^^I agree, but I don't think that many people would think of their maintenance bupe dose as "getting them high"!

Of course they wouldn't. I agree with you 100%, Bluehues. I was just responding to the debate that was going on about people thinking that Buprenorphine can get them high n others saying it can't. Was just giving my opinion on that. But yea Buprenorphine maintenance is not for getting high I mentioned that earlier too, think there's been a lot of posts on here today.

Take care,
Evey

Silly noob question!! Which I think I know the answer to but having a debate with a friend. Suboxone's ceiling effect that occurs around 4 mg give or take... Is that 4 mg sublingual dosing? I had always assumed so. It is not 4 mg IV... Is it? I always thought it was a standard 4 mg dose, not 4 mg making it to your brain...

Silly noob question!! Which I think I know the answer to but having a debate with a friend. Suboxone's ceiling effect that occurs around 4 mg give or take... Is that 4 mg sublingual dosing? I had always assumed so. It is not 4 mg IV... Is it? I always thought it was a standard 4 mg dose, not 4 mg making it to your brain...

Hiya fullycaffeinated,

How are you? Welcome to the suboxone thread!

Right. Let's answer this. The ceiling affect depends on the person. Some say 4, some say 8, some say 32, some say that the 32 was BS n that it was BS marketing strategy. So, basically it's all down to opinion n personal experience, in my opinion.

I hope this helps n apologise if it does not. Everyone is different.

Hopefully, there will be someone more experienced to help you soon.

All the very best - and thank you for dropping by the suboxone Megathread.

Evey xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.