• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ALWAYS end up trying to replace opies with brewskis, and I ALWAYS regret it. Not because I get withdrawal... Never been there and hope never to be, as I've seen my mom go through it a few times (yet she's still going... Who am I to judge?), but because I feel so friggen shitty when I drink/after I drink. I also just went on a bit of a coke binge and that may have been worse. Could also be exacerbated for me as I have fibromyalgia and I don't think drinking agrees with that... Seems to make my pain much worse. The absolute worst though, is when I'm in opiate wd and decide to try to drink it away... And then end up hungover and still in wd. It doesn't even feel good when I'm still drunk, actually, I've left many a party before midnight for that exact reason.

Unrelated question, does anyone know how much bupe you should have built up in your system if you are scripted 20 mg a day? Need to try to figure this out...

Also, bostonbrowntown, my bupe dr just almost kicked me out due to some drug testing bullshit I posted bout a bit earlier, and I still have a feeling my days are numbered... I know how ya feel, I've had that urge to just say fuck it many times lately, between that and the fact that I may not have health insurance by next script time and I get 75 strips a month... No prices but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about how much strips cost with no insurance...

Last edited:
I have a question. I apologize if this has been covered before. I've been on Subs for 5 days, 4mg each day. Yesterday, I did 3 pounds worth of poppy seeds, I didn't dose that morning, and I got pretty high. Today, I did a pound a of seeds, and caught a buzz again. Though, still not as strong as it would have been without the prior bupe use. I'm not an opiate n00b, have been to the methadone clinic for a year in the past; oxys, opanas, tar, china...you name it, I ended up starting up the habit again with poppy seed tea(not all of the seeds are worthless, some are quite strong). But that's beside the point. The question is, is 5 days enough for bupe to bind to my opiate receptors, or do I need to wait 36 hours prior to dosing? I've experienced weird things before because of not waiting long enough but I've never experienced the precipitated withdrawals, nor do I want to.

I have a question. I apologize if this has been covered before. I've been on Subs for 5 days, 4mg each day. Yesterday, I did 3 pounds worth of poppy seeds, I didn't dose that morning, and I got pretty high. Today, I did a pound a of seeds, and caught a buzz again. Though, still not as strong as it would have been without the prior bupe use. I'm not an opiate n00b, have been to the methadone clinic for a year in the past; oxys, opanas, tar, china...you name it, I ended up starting up the habit again with poppy seed tea(not all of the seeds are worthless, some are quite strong). But that's beside the point. The question is, is 5 days enough for bupe to bind to my opiate receptors, or do I need to wait 36 hours prior to dosing? I've experienced weird things before because of not waiting long enough but I've never experienced the precipitated withdrawals, nor do I want to.

Hiya,
No need to apologise for asking a question. Yes it's been asked before and if you use the search engine you will find quite a few different answers. Nonetheless, I'm sure people will be willing to help that's why we're all here, right?! If you have been using opiates you are best to wait until you are in moderate-severe withdrawal before you go back on the suboxone.
Can I ask, as well as suboxone are you doing anything else to try and recovery? I hope I'm not coming across as offensive in any way, and I apologise if I am doing so, it's just that suboxone is a tool but like many tools is best used in conjunction with many other tools for instance, counselling/therapy.
Can I also ask how long have you been on suboxone? Reason being that it does, sometimes, take a while to stabilise on suboxone n thus during the time before that happens, cravings still persist. So if you have not been on it long it's a good idea to persevere and try to get as much support as possible during this time ie meetings, sponsors, friends, forums - basically whatever helps you and will get you through the cravings without using.

Hope this helps.

Evey xxxx

I ALWAYS end up trying to replace opies with brewskis, and I ALWAYS regret it. Not because I get withdrawal... Never been there and hope never to be, as I've seen my mom go through it a few times (yet she's still going... Who am I to judge?), but because I feel so friggen shitty when I drink/after I drink. I also just went on a bit of a coke binge and that may have been worse. Could also be exacerbated for me as I have fibromyalgia and I don't think drinking agrees with that... Seems to make my pain much worse. The absolute worst though, is when I'm in opiate wd and decide to try to drink it away... And then end up hungover and still in wd. It doesn't even feel good when I'm still drunk, actually, I've left many a party before midnight for that exact reason.

Unrelated question, does anyone know how much bupe you should have built up in your system if you are scripted 20 mg a day? Need to try to figure this out...

Also, bostonbrowntown, my bupe dr just almost kicked me out due to some drug testing bullshit I posted bout a bit earlier, and I still have a feeling my days are numbered... I know how ya feel, I've had that urge to just say fuck it many times lately, between that and the fact that I may not have health insurance by next script time and I get 75 strips a month... No prices but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about how much strips cost with no insurance...
dude go to www.goodrx.com and print out a coupon for subs generic pills(if he will prescribe them to you). i saved 58%. instead of paying about $550 for 60 pills i paid $220. They are a lifesaver. ill even give you the links for the generics and films for your area.

http://www.goodrx.com/suboxone-film/price

http://www.goodrx.com/suboxone-tablet/price

That's ace if you can save money on suboxone. I think 'tis awful that you have to spend so much on medication that will basically save your life.
fuffy I totally get that y'know. After I stopped opiates I spent months drinks alcohol, blacking out n making a total fool of myself.
It's very easy to replace one addiction with another.
You're in the right place at Bluelight.

Evey

Hiya,
No need to apologise for asking a question. Yes it's been asked before and if you use the search engine you will find quite a few different answers. Nonetheless, I'm sure people will be willing to help that's why we're all here, right?! If you have been using opiates you are best to wait until you are in moderate-severe withdrawal before you go back on the suboxone.
Can I ask, as well as suboxone are you doing anything else to try and recovery? I hope I'm not coming across as offensive in any way, and I apologise if I am doing so, it's just that suboxone is a tool but like many tools is best used in conjunction with many other tools for instance, counselling/therapy.
Can I also ask how long have you been on suboxone? Reason being that it does, sometimes, take a while to stabilise on suboxone n thus during the time before that happens, cravings still persist. So if you have not been on it long it's a good idea to persevere and try to get as much support as possible during this time ie meetings, sponsors, friends, forums - basically whatever helps you and will get you through the cravings without using.

Hope this helps.

Evey xxxx

I've been on suboxone for 5 days prior to relapsing this time around. 3 years ago I was on suboxone for about a month after getting off a year long methadone maintenance. After which I ended up going to a year long, faith based in patient rehab. It changed my life. But 3 years down the road I started to slip up, and getting a script after having my wisdom teeth removed sealed the deal. Now 8-10 months down the road I want to be out of it.

I don't have much of a support group. I'm not much into AA/NA, though I've done it before. My parents don't know and can't know for the simple reason of me not wanting to disappoint them. My wife has been a total sweetheart and a soldier through this whole ordeal. She's 34 weeks pregnant, though, and it's me who is supposed to be supportive of her. I'm seeking God as well, I apologize if I offend anyone by saying this.

I'm starting to think cold turkey is the way to go if you want to make it count. It's kind of hard though when you have bills to pay.

I think I'm being off topic in light of the original discussion. If anyone has any advice or encouragement, don't hesitate to PM me.

Hi Capt, good to see you. Yeah, I kinda like drinking, but I feel like hammered shit the next morning so I'm quitting it for now. Just had a friend die last night of liver failure and one of my best buds died last summer from liver cancer. Drinking is much more damaging to the body than opies.
Your doing good? You must have 110 days by now...
I'm coming up on a yr in April.

I believe I am at 118 days

I am doing ok. I have had better days though.

^^

Yeah it can be tough to make that first step and just do it. You don't wanna do it before you're mentally ready for it though. If you're not ready to come off you're not ready ya know?

^Yeah, it's a trade off for sure, but warm weather detoxes are the way to go if you're gonna do it!

^Yeah, it's horrible to have the cold sweats on a 90 degree day too...but still a lot better!

I typed a friggen novel before so it may have got lost, if not sorry for repeating- anyone know how much bupe should be built up in my system at 20mg/day?

Warm weather detox absolutely is the way to go. Only time I have a chance of feeling ok cold turkeying is laying outside in the warm sun, at work sick cig breaks were heaven to me.

I typed a friggen novel before so it may have got lost, if not sorry for repeating- anyone know how much bupe should be built up in my system at 20mg/day?

Warm weather detox absolutely is the way to go. Only time I have a chance of feeling ok cold turkeying is laying outside in the warm sun, at work sick cig breaks were heaven to me.

Sorry, I don't. But I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon.

Evey xxxx

@fullycaffeinated a lot of bupe is built up in your system. At that rate it'd take at least a week for it to all get out. May I ask why you're wondering how much bupe is in your system? Are you trying to gauge if you can get buzzed? If so you're gonna have to go a while skipping doses to get to the right levels.

Evel- I been good. Kicked the Bupe, but not opi's as a whole. Been taking Kratom like 5 days a weekish. I enjoy it, and don't mind managing the tolerance issues (i keep a stead 5-7 grams on the days I use). The legality is nice as well. Thanks for asking, how have things been?

hey kids,

it's nice to be back in here after a few weeks away. do any of you have experience being on lyrica and bupe? I am going to begin tapering off of gabapentin and onto lyrica in the next week. will it affect me differently than it would if I weren't on bupe? Would I be able to take less bupe per day due to taking it? any and all experience/feedback is welcome.

cheers,
Z

^^^ Spring and summer are the best time of the year to either taper or detox IMO, last summer was when I tried tapering and just being able to sit in the sun helped a lot, I noticed it made cold sweats way more tolerable and less noticeable and it also helped with the depression aspect of it too. Good luck if you do decide you're ready to start a taper Blue Hues!

Status
Not open for further replies.