• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Very good thread, I have been IVing Pharma/Medical grade Morphine for awhile now and have been wondering if i should try Heroin. I know there is not much of a difference other then potency (which isnt a problem because i can get as much morphine as a want, IV wise) and the rate that it reaches the blood brain barrier. Because after heroin reaches the BBB, it turns into morphine. So i guess in a sense, i already know what it feels like? i almost take it on a tri-daily basis (once every 3 days). I could quit using morphine no problem, as well as my other pills (hydrocodone). Im not addicted to it, it just gives me something to do at the end of the day. Im still debating on it though . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, acetylate that morphine so you can get that shot of morphine to your brain faster. Not much faster, but faster is faster to an addict, I mean, important to a person who merely uses the slower version out of boredom, not cause he can't not do it and the allure of faster boredom relief calls to him.

If you have access to pharma grade morphine for IV, why the fuck would you go out on the fent-infested, arse-stored cotton, diarrhea med overdosing, shady Aisian grass clipping importing, gabapentin plugging, pink or white grapefruit juice potentiating, when not cimetidine or how turmeric/curcumin will only make you shit yellow, can't figure the math on wholesale poppy seed suppliers, can't find a 31G x 7/16ths luer slip needle to stab a dog with, streets of the community you live in?

Really, the day after you use heroin, is the last day you'll shit. And it's amazing how much can be said about that.

Very good thread, I have been IVing Pharma/Medical grade Morphine for awhile now and have been wondering if i should try Heroin. I know there is not much of a difference other then potency (which isnt a problem because i can get as much morphine as a want, IV wise) and the rate that it reaches the blood brain barrier. Because after heroin reaches the BBB, it turns into morphine. So i guess in a sense, i already know what it feels like? i almost take it on a tri-daily basis (once every 3 days). I could quit using morphine no problem, as well as my other pills (hydrocodone). Im not addicted to it, it just gives me something to do at the end of the day. Im still debating on it though . . . .

It's similar, but its just introducing tons of variables into your hobby. from pharma grade to street dealer is worlds of quality away depending on when where and how you find it. If I were you I wouldn't make that switch, I'd probably only get serious about switching when it was apparent my morphine source was drying up and i needed other arrangements.

Personally, If im doing an opioid once every 3 days.............its the same thing as deciding to do opioids every day, but just putting the full commitment off for a few weeks to a few months. It always tricks me. or i trick myself. either way, I'd still like to get that started again.

So I feel I should tell you to avoid doing it more than once every three days as much as possible, but I'm sure you know. I've still got a royal fetish for all things opioids and I do all I can to avoid them.......which still isn't enough hahaha

And Scrofula, the "the fent-infested, arse-stored cotton, diarrhea med overdosing, shady Aisian grass clipping importing, gabapentin plugging, pink or white grapefruit juice potentiating, when not cimetidine or how turmeric/curcumin will only make you shit yellow, can't figure the math on wholesale poppy seed suppliers, can't find a 31G x 7/16ths luer slip needle to stab a dog with" description is hilarious in the "black comedy" way.

You know exactly what is the prognosis of this trying to do it. There's basically no way to do limit this so you can control the outcome. It's sticks with you. I hope you realize that on time, although I understand how difficult this is for you. It's stronger than us and fortunately you could find your way out but it's such a problem and it can so difficult sometimes.

Here is a story that should help anyone decide whether or not they should do heroin. I was snorting heroin at first before I ever got addicted to it.

I was getting some more one morning and on the way home after the score a guy and his girlfriend wrecked into the side of my car. They got injured. Keep in mind I was not high at the time at all. Of course the police showed up and I was subjected to a test.

The amount of morphine that was in my bloodstream was not even enough to make an addict stave off the withdrawals let alone get high. They naturally charged me with the worst charges humanly possible. I ended up being sentenced to 2-4 years behind that even though the victims ended up fine with a 200,000 dollar settlement and I was not high at the time.

You see, where I live there is a drugged up driving clause that pays no attention to the levels of a person's substances. The people ended up ok thank God. As soon as those charges came to me in the mail I thought my life was over and I shot up for the first time. I had no reason to try to control it because I thought my life was over. For the next year and a half before sentencing I shot dope every single day. I didn't do crimes to get money and somehow charges still came along, I couldn't understand how it was like heroin is a magnet for police charges no matter what you do. I got as far as having someone to drive me to get it and not doing crimes in order to not have any run ins with the police. This is all in between the time of the accident and the sentencing by the way. Not too many heroin addicts will have the ability to do that I assure you.

I paid 20,000 to a lawyer in order to help me with the case and I had no luck the way that the law was written. In that short time of using I saw more people I met die then I could even remember. I honestly do not know how I am alive even though I tried my best to be safe. I think it was leading me to the point where it would kill me. I kept having to shoot more and more and the only thing that stopped me was the sentence. I thank God for that jail sentence and the fact that those people are ok. How many things in life other than heroin will seriously cause you to end up being happy with a jail sentence? Like seriously. I do not recommend it to anyone who is even facing a death sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing what happened to you Opiat. I took the liberty to divide your post in few paragraphs to facilitate the reading. Nothing wrong with how you wrote.

I guess the bottom line here and in most cases when people try heroin, most of us have absolutely no idea where this will lead us to. Either you are lucky to get some time before addiction gets you, or part of a larger group who die from OD in normal quantities.

The memories we build from this experience will most likely come back and make your life a nightmare, except that we fail to see that coming. I believe most of us who are recovering or still trying to get into a heroin free life did not really have a space like this where we can debate before the experience itself. And even when we get to the point we sober up, even then the destructive back trails are overwhelming and sad.

Last edited:
If you're ever unsure of how much self-control you think you have, a long binge on rushing opiates (like smoked/IV heroin, etc) are a good way to test your will power.

But even if you go on a binge and are able to stop with ease... what I hadn't expected was this mental craving for it, long after any physical cravings are gone. Never has a drug done that to me before.
See, when stopping the bender, you can force yourself to change your locomotor actions (dont do drug), but it's harder to force yourself to change those subconcious thought patterns that keep thinking of when the next dose will be. Maybe that's where meditation comes in.

So, try it out; no reason not to; it's a fun high. Just beware the (likely) inevitable changes that will be set into your thought patterns afterwards.

Oh man I wish I had never tried heroin. Though going through treatment was probably one of the best turns my life could've taken, and I learned a lot more about myself in the process. I think I would still have been restless, irritable, and discontent had I simply white-knuckled it and forced myself to stop - or I would've rotated to some other drug.

It's funny how I was quoting the big book there, long before I'd even read any of it and way before the worst of my use & addiction & how bad things got.

Yeah I've never met a simply recreational heroin user - pain pill users, sure, but not heroin. So, careful.

I don’t think it’s possible to use Heroin recreationally, at least not on the long term.

I've always been fascinated by the life of a junkie. The dirty nasty business and the cravings. Never done H, turned it down a lot. I was actually curious about something though. I am what I would consider allergic to opiates. They make me feel like total shit. If I take norco or oxy or percocet I basically get a little buzzing feeling in my body, my head kinda swirls a bit, I sweat and itch and itch until I can't itch any more, I get a migraine, can't sleep for a few nights, etc. On max dose morphine after a surgery at the hospital all it did was make my legs numb. I don't like one single effect that I get from opiates.

If I tried H would there be a substantial chance that I hate is just like all the other opiates and not even desire doing it a second time? Just an interesting notion to me. Not planning on using it.

When you start regardless of the allergic issues it will most likely catch you somehow IME.

I remember once having a strong skin reaction from heroin and when I got back to Morphine the itching got worse, my leg was swollen and I kept going. Opiates tend to make us irrational so that we keep doing it until we cannot live without it. Besides it spoils everything you have once valued. Stop while you can, you will be happier and that is something you won’t regret not trying.

My experience of good heroin, the high. It took a took a lot away from me to experience this, and eventually I had to start paying a very serious price. Both physically and financially. When I had a good H run going on, I could be up to 200lbs as I'd be taking care of myself and exercising, cooking all my own food and feeling great. If I ran out, all the progress I made would be destroyed in a day. I'd be fuckin suffering, fucking mother FUCK I can't even think about those fucking withdrawals they are HELL. FUCK. And nobody just goes through it once and you're good. No, no, no. You make it a week a cave. You make it a few days and cave. You make it 3 weeks and cave. You make it three fucking MONTHS and you never feel right, not once that whole time it's not necessarily a craving like a desire for a hit. It's the desire to feel normal again, to live a normal life like those you might tend to see flocking around you.

It took so much from me and A LOT more MUCH, MUCH WORSE than oxy or dilaudid EVER WERE. I quit H when I started shooting it a year ago. I did 5 times, over the course of a few months and decided to call it quits before I died. I kept relapsing with oxy's which really are not that much better and I've been okay for 3 months now.

The high at first, though:

-if you get a gram of good shit, you should be high AF from snorting like 5 milligrams, maybe 10 max first time I'd be crazy careful. 15 would be safe if it was good. There can be strong respiratory depression from low doses even if you already have a tolerance.
-quality very untrustworthy these days
-Antidepressant, creativity enhancer, anxiolytic, relieves all pain and transcends the physical body. You can walk outside where you'd normal be frigid and mellow out and feel zen and hardly notice the temperature. It is mentally stimulating, and physically relaxing. It is very social at first, too. I see it as the a sort of combo of positive effects from many of the different families of drugs, without the negatives.
-If you take more it's a hardcore nod and that is very dangerous but pleasurable. I prefer functional doses and the odd heavy nod. An intense nod is not functional whatsoever for several hours. Although I should be smart enough not to use again at this point.

Then since there isn't a down or anything at first it is quite a temptation to do it again and once addicted it is a fuckin nightmare. I live in fear of going back to it.

I'm sorry but I have to be honest with everyone. I like being a junkie. Seriously, I've got cool friends who I create with regularly (paint & music). I guess it's just a lifestyle choice. I work hard, pay for my habit, am safe & smart. I never really fit in to society in general...people used to bore me. Now I'm quite content.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be any, there are 2 sides to every situation, for most people it doesn't end well, but not all.

Of course, while my use always proved to be problematic and it took me a long time to get clean, I used to date a woman who would just quit, yes she had withdrawal, but she could just walk away from it when she wanted.

Yes, it amazes me how even though we allocate approximately 20% of the incredible brains we've bestowed, the power of a thought, a decsision, then a happening truly fascinates me!

Ive been perusing some of your comments....you're quite witty! To bad your not local..we need more wit here.

Thank you, I've thought about Oregon a few times, my step-brother lives up there, and I know it's rather beautiful.