• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I'm sorry but I have to be honest with everyone. I like being a junkie. Seriously, I've got cool friends who I create with regularly (paint & music). I guess it's just a lifestyle choice. I work hard, pay for my habit, am safe & smart. I never really fit in to society in general...people bored me. Now I'm quite content.

How long have you been using? That is something I would have said a couple years ago. It will eventually catch up with you, as you are definitely already severely addicted judging by the couple of sentences you wrote. If you don't have chronic pain or some very serious physical ailment you are going to be kicking yourself because even if you have fucking cancer or unbearable agonizing inescapable chronic physical agony habitually for the rest of your life like it honestly even still isn't worth it down the road. What does down the road even mean? You're already on the path and not looking to venture off it anytime soon. This is the denial phase, or so called honeymoon phase, by the way. The duration is varies drastically but the end results are limited.

That goes without saying, and by then it will be too late for you to have an easy escape. It probably is too late, I am lucky in the sense that I always used alone so I didn't have to give up cool friends, which you would have to do. For myself it took 5 years until I started getting really fucked up, before that I was functional. Really creative with my guitar, able to hold a good job, exercise, and my intelligence was not affected at all. 3 months after stopping, and I still feel dumb when I am doing physics problems compared to before.

The first few years were wonderful for me. No problems at all, had good jobs in my field. Anyways, no matter how responsible or healthy your lifestyle otherwise is, how can you justify using something that results in so many accidental deaths? What if you died today, as if you can trust what's in that shit. It's so bad now it's almost like population control and even a regular part of news headlines so many people are dying. Yet you call yourself safe.

Should you try Heroin?? I never recommend it but if you do make sure you do it with others around, people know know what to do if you overdose, make sure you start off small to see how it effects you. Make sure you always use sanitary equipment if your ROA is IV. Just be smart about it all. Nothing is wrong with experimenting but just know it can grab you and it won?t let go, you have to learn how to let go. Other than that. Go get high as hell and nod off and look like a zombie and eat all types of sweets and take a laxative cuz you?re gonna be constipated as hell! Have fun!
Yours truly, The Great

Wasting money? LOL. That's the least of your worries with this shit. And crystal fries your brain, it's no better it's a totally different drug for people who react very differently to stimulants and depressants.

Over 3 months later and I still feel like slitting my wrists. More than ever, really. I will be revisiting this drug one final time, but if you try it, then don't be surprised when you're on your deathbed before 30 as well. It might take 5 to 10 years or so, but there is no escaping fate if that's what you want to do.

I already had a reason to use it daily when I started. Hope you do too, at least I "sort of" understand why I tried it. I was suffering really nasty health problems and not getting any medical treatment for the pain. It was still the end of me, I've never been the same person and I hope that my misery comes to an end sooner rather than later. I fucked myself up enough that I just want to die at this point.

I've been around a few h addicts and I've even held the spoon and its pretty scary I've seen them act normal get extremely violent or even turn into a walking zombie which I think was more of an od I wouldn't attack the users I don't have a problem with them because I've been on the verge of addiction to a few drugs and I've experienced a few withdrawals of my own even from nicotine but the worst withdrawal I've ever seen was by best friend trying to quit h he would have episodes all throughout the day in intervals every day for the 2 months he was clean he would collapse at random shaking and all his muscles would clench up and it looked like he was having a seizure and he would throw up continuously until he could only dry heave for 3 hours the only way to ease it a little from what I found was to give him pot strip him down to his underwear and lay him in the tub and run a steaming hot shower (I'm not homosexual and neither is he we're friends that are more like lifelong brothers and he stayed with me and asked for my help ps. I don't have a problem with homosexuals as long as they don't try to bring me into it for a mutual respect) but in his case he was born out of a mother and father that were h addicts for years and they even used all through the pregnancy with him and they drank the whole time among other substances so he was born drunk and going through withdrawals which is probably the reason why everything was so bad in his case at 23 years old and out of all the users I've seen it has different effects on everyone but from what I've seen 75% of the time its a till death do us part type of drug and of that 75% about 25% went through mild withdrawals while the other 75% had very violent withdrawals I can't really tell anyone what they can or cannot do and I don't have the personal experience to say you should or you shouldn't but from what I've witnessed from the users all I can say is that drug is a very risky gamble that for the most part end up with you signing a metaphorical contract to never be sober from it till the day you die and I emphasize I have no experience personally and have witnessed about 30 or so current and ex users and listened to their whole user experience but I can honestly say I'm scared to try it both because I don't like needles other than tattoo needles and because with my luck with addiction I'd be signing that contract and because every addict I've talked to has given me very serious looks and said you don't want to get stuck on that shit even though one of them held me hostage and had me smoke meth and supplying my first "addiction cycle" for 3 months however I still smoke it but I try to only do it occasionally like 2 days straight with anywhere from a week to a 3 month break just because that first cycle I either got on the verge of or did get addicted I don't know I know I'm not an experienced user and seem like a kidergartener compared to other users and I don't have a problem with any other users and I don't think meth is as bad as they say on tv as long as its not used heavily and for some people it never gets bad but I know I felt some symptoms of withdrawals and for me it was pretty ruff but it was tolerable and I just got some mdma/meth crystals or so I was told and after writing for an hour I feel like I got all preachy and forgot why I tried to add my 2 sense here I made a thread with a serious question about the stuff I just got I can't afford a tester and I'm inexperienced and I'm not sure to finish what I bought or flush it and get a new dealer I've been searching this site and google for an answer but nothing that completely answers my question and I'd like a full in depth education on this stuff because I like to get high but I don't know all too much about these things I love smoking or pills but I've come to an understanding that some drugs are one way or both and have different intensities right now I'm just desperate for an answer and also felt moved to share my thoughts on this forum sorry for writing an essay but I'm a very detail oriented person with OCD and I can't just make a statement without giving reasons and explanations

just an fyi, that whole thing where we only use 10% of our brain or 20% and the rest has to be unlocked somehow isnt true. The brain isn't like a flash drive with a password locking 80% of its use, its like a complex machine or computer. All of your brain works all of the time, a lot of it is keepin your heart beating and diaphram moving to fill you lungs up......stuff you dont think about when it happens, keeping hormones going, releasing neurotransmitters when it gets sunny out or when youre hungry, keeping that food you ate moving thriugh your intestines. You use all of it, its not like that movie where that one woman figured out how to use ALL of her brain and got super powers. Its just that most of the parts of the brain do things we dont consciously have to think about to make happen

It doesn't fuck you up for a while, an indefinite period it seems. I was so high for years and years and I was still getting high but then suddenly it caught up with me. My tolerance doubled, doubled again, and continued to double. I realized how physically sick I was getting compared to before. I stopped being functional and was unemployable as I was too caught up trying to keep that physical relaxation and mental stimulation going. The perfect functional high, always was. Especially if you are lucky enough to have a connect that has consistent stuff every time. But that is when things got worst for me. Most of it doesn't contain diamorphine in my opinion.

I had a wonderful time for the first few years but my sanity began to crumble and this drug played a huge part in that. One might be just fine now but find themselves financially stressed unable to afford it, or the death of a loved one, or there is a draught, or an IV complication, or you get caught and go to prison or rehab, or like countless others you never know when you will get that hit a little too heavy. It doesn't even need be anything more than your regular dose for it to happen - and eventually, it will.

For me it was great and all until I ran out. And a user will always at some point be faced with the sickness. Once it progresses enough, withdrawal, really quitting not just a break or a detox, amounts to being tortured for a really long time. It really wears a person out after a while but the length of period can vary. You can get unlucky and die the first sniff you ever take. Or you can live for many years before running into problems or realizing that you have very serious ones but that will consistently be the case. You are a fool to think you can get away with sticking needles in your arm of illicit blackmarket chemicals that are never really trustworthy, so many things can and do go wrong with your health. Every ROA is damaging, my nose definitely was injured permanently as that was my preferred way to use. Even my brief stint with IV left me with a few marks, but that is when I quit. As I was fed up.

Also, no matter who your are. You can be the wealthiest person with kilos and nothing to do and still be fucked and miserable. Eventually, your brain can no longer provide the feeling that it once attained from H. It becomes physically impossible due to changes in the structure of the brain related to tolerance. The resistance to the effects becomes enormous when a smidgen used to be more than enough. It is possible to get high again but only really once. Then, unlike someone who has not been addicted, tolerance skyrockets back to where it was. This is essentially permanent. I have experienced it myself. It is a shit drug to have tolerance fuck with you like that.

If you are going to try it, all of this applies to you as risk factors to take into account as something like a quarter of people who try it end up hooked. That's fucked. And it is very hard to stop. This is my 14th week off and I'm still nowhere near right.

And it made me stupid when I was using. Without it, I would literally feel retarded. And the high would never last. There are so many miserable things about this drug but the high I admit is the best feeling apart from DMT to me. This stuff is such an unwise decision to get into no matter who you are. I hope you don't have to find out for yourself. Trying it is just stupid. If you have some sort of reason, are suffering extremely and wish you were dead day after day, I can understand that. But even then there are probably way better options.

I know this is a weird question but can someone please tell me the difference in feeling between oxycodone and H? I never intended to use H, but I'm curious as to why heroin is much harder to kick than the pills.

PS minor story! My roomate and I became addicted to oxy last year, initially buying percocet 10 mg off the street. And where I lived there were people begging you to buy from them, as the neighborhood was populated and impoverished.

After a couple of months into the addiction my roomate decided to switch to heroin (intranasally) because he assumed the habit would save him money as opposed to expensive pills. He was always the more functional one and had more self-control with oxycodone than I was UNTIL he switched to powdered H. He quickly became a person I didn't necessarily recognize anymore personality wise, as he was constantly nodding off or grouchy even when intoxicated. And from what it looked like from the outside, when he was withdrawing from H as opposed to oxy he was suffering tremendously so and bedridden for days. I have always found oxy to be a stimulant--perhaps due to the theibain or whatever that is called. Yet objectively.. I must say that H is more evidently destructive.

sucks about your roommate.

oxycodone high is buzzy. heroin high is wet.

if you wanna know what heroin feels like without doing heroin, trying opana (oxymorphone) or dilaudid (hydromorphone) will do the trick. they all have wet highs.

where i live the majority of ?heroin? is a blend of short acting synthetic opiates, usually containing small amounts of heroin for the smell or i don?t know why because it?s never enough to effect the high. walking down an open market street and copping from a random dealer would result in getting some cut of this blend more than 9 out of 10 times. they often sell both but want you to buy the synthetic. if someone new walked up to my connect for real heroin and asked for heroin ?boy,? he?d sell them the synthetic mix.

if this synthetic mix is chunks instead of powder ? which often happens when buying by the half gram or gram instead of a smaller amount ? the tiniest speck is a full hit. so people die here like crazy.

Same here, if you buy less than 2 grams it's mainly fent, but if you hit that magic number you can score some pretty solid dope. Heroin really just makes me kinda floaty and not give a fuck.

I know this is a weird question but can someone please tell me the difference in feeling between oxycodone and H? I never intended to use H, but I'm curious as to why heroin is much harder to kick than the pills.

Have you ever IV Morphine before? It feels like that. The only difference between H and Morphine (IV) is that H reaches the brain faster. After it reaches the brain, it turns into Morphine. H will have more of a sedation type feeling and Oxy will have a buzzy/stim type feeling.

Heroin and pills are about the same as far as kicking them. I think it's harder to kick H mainly because it's always available and cheaper. Plus, once you go to H nothing else seems to hit the spot unless you're getting into stronger opioids like Oxymorphone. As for the difference Heroin feels just like morphine for me only difference is it takes a lot less to get where you want to go and snorting it is a viable ROA. With morphine you either have to IV it or stick it up the old poop shoot to get anything worthwhile if you have any kind of tolerance.

Also, Oxycodone always has that speedy edge/puts you in a mood to get shit done unless you get way up there in the higher dose range. Heroin makes you want to shit on your ass and nod the night away.

It doesn't fuck you up for a while, an indefinite period it seems. I was so high for years and years and I was still getting high but then suddenly it caught up with me. My tolerance doubled, doubled again, and continued to double. I realized how physically sick I was getting compared to before. I stopped being functional and was unemployable as I was too caught up trying to keep that physical relaxation and mental stimulation going. The perfect functional high, always was. Especially if you are lucky enough to have a connect that has consistent stuff every time. But that is when things got worst for me. Most of it doesn't contain diamorphine in my opinion.

I had a wonderful time for the first few years but my sanity began to crumble and this drug played a huge part in that. One might be just fine now but find themselves financially stressed unable to afford it, or the death of a loved one, or there is a draught, or an IV complication, or you get caught and go to prison or rehab, or like countless others you never know when you will get that hit a little too heavy. It doesn't even need be anything more than your regular dose for it to happen - and eventually, it will.

For me it was great and all until I ran out. And a user will always at some point be faced with the sickness. Once it progresses enough, withdrawal, really quitting not just a break or a detox, amounts to being tortured for a really long time. It really wears a person out after a while but the length of period can vary. You can get unlucky and die the first sniff you ever take. Or you can live for many years before running into problems or realizing that you have very serious ones but that will consistently be the case. You are a fool to think you can get away with sticking needles in your arm of illicit blackmarket chemicals that are never really trustworthy, so many things can and do go wrong with your health. Every ROA is damaging, my nose definitely was injured permanently as that was my preferred way to use. Even my brief stint with IV left me with a few marks, but that is when I quit. As I was fed up.

Also, no matter who your are. You can be the wealthiest person with kilos and nothing to do and still be fucked and miserable. Eventually, your brain can no longer provide the feeling that it once attained from H. It becomes physically impossible due to changes in the structure of the brain related to tolerance. The resistance to the effects becomes enormous when a smidgen used to be more than enough. It is possible to get high again but only really once. Then, unlike someone who has not been addicted, tolerance skyrockets back to where it was. This is essentially permanent. I have experienced it myself. It is a shit drug to have tolerance fuck with you like that.

If you are going to try it, all of this applies to you as risk factors to take into account as something like a quarter of people who try it end up hooked. That's fucked. And it is very hard to stop. This is my 14th week off and I'm still nowhere near right.

And it made me stupid when I was using. Without it, I would literally feel retarded. And the high would never last. There are so many miserable things about this drug but the high I admit is the best feeling apart from DMT to me. This stuff is such an unwise decision to get into no matter who you are. I hope you don't have to find out for yourself. Trying it is just stupid. If you have some sort of reason, are suffering extremely and wish you were dead day after day, I can understand that. But even then there are probably way better options.

My favorite part has always been how when I relapse, I do it with rosey thoughts of the "old days" of use in my head, of being able to do weeks of use and then walk awhile for a bit like I was some sort of professional drug wizard. So I relapse and use and enjoy it for a day or two, but thing my tolerance gets to right where it was the last time I quit, but it only took me 5 days to get back there (instead of a full year of daily use), and only took 5 MORE days to DOUBLE my tolerance. Then after 10 full days of using I try to stop and get a withdrawal syndrome magnitudes worse than my last one, but it only took me 1/10th the time using to get there.

No matter how badly I get fucked, or how awful the withdrawal, or how much I hurt myself and the people around me, I always manage to keep my rose colored glasses on when looking back on my use, and I always miss my using days in a wistful, nostalgic, longing sort of way. I've never been able to really shake it, and I don't think those idyllic and bucolic thoughts about my use will ever go away.

I still look back on my use the way one might look back on memories of a romantic vacation with their first real love, quiet summer days from childhood, or relaxing with a cup of warm apple cider and watching the wind blow across the leaves on a perfect autumn afternoon. Idyllic, bucolic, pastoral, every word that is idealized happy memories that you really really prize above all others.

The problem is that I don't realize how far those memories are from reality until I've already relapsed and have used enough times to realize that I will never be able to even get close the way it felt back then. By then I realize "Oh fuck, now I'm dependent again" and THEN all of those horrible memories rush back into my skull and I realize the gravity of my situation.

Your first paragraph is spot on with my experience too. Every withdrawal depletes us, and it doesn't matter how long we keep away. I remind myself I only needed a little bump in the beginning, not a hollywood sized line. Through chronic relapsing I know very well that I am capable of getting high for maybe one day tops before I almost seemingly instantly start withdrawing. If I use for 2 or 3 days in a row, I have fucked myself. I'm talking wasted months of my life for fucks sake to end up worse off and more hopeless than before.

And I never get cravings until at least 3 months clean. None. Then all of a sudden it's a feeling that starts in the core of my being, enters my mind consciously at some point, slowly gets stronger until I make that stupid choice. I'm almost at 4 months and I have suffered so much I really hope this is it. I never EVER saw this coming. The initial withdrawals were a joke, even after a year and a half of sheer abuse. Just wait 5 fucking years and try and CT... to the "new" users who have only been at it a year or two and think they have their shit today... yeah, you do for the time being as did I for half a decade. It will take everything from you eventually if it doesn't downright end your life. That is a guarantee if you are already in too deep and reading this.

I can't shake it either and how could I? Those were the best years of my life so far, at first, and I've fucked myself to the point that I know I'll never be happy and content like that again. I've set a new standard, and I'm falling way below it being off dope. It should not be called dope it makes me energetic, motivated, confident I never was into nodding but I was functional until I blew all my money on it and became unemployable.

That third paragraph actually sort of gave me drug cravings. It is strikingly like a powerful romance at first that eventually falls apart but near impossible to let go of. It reminds me of being on vacation at the beach, sun shining on my skin, ocean breeze cooling me down, swimming and laying the sand and feeling amazing. No worries for the day and the proceeding days. Or sitting by candlelight an a wood fireplace in a snowy winter cabin reading a nice book cozied up with a blanket. All the while remaining completely functional so that nobody can even notice unless you find yourself sick. At first, that time of my life was wonderful. I was not worried about the drugs whatsoever. I don't think it helped that I started abusing xanax at the same time... within about a month of each other.

For myself I don't think about it too often. It is an impulse, I will relapse when I want to hurt myself when I get stressed out of my mind. It has damaged me enough that to me it is finally unjustifiable. That is not to say I will never use it again. Of course that's a possibility I think about it every day. I think I would die if I used an opiate that strong these days... 60mg IR oxy nearly dropped me when I had a lot of benzos in my system when I was relapsing in December until the new year. Let alone a product I don't even know the potency of, even with a milligram scale it's impossible to be safe at this point. After 2 or 3 days I'd have a huge tolerance and much lower risk of overdose... but that first hit. It's always an impulse, I'm not thinking straight, I rail the same dose as I normally would. I have already in my mind at least nearly died twice doing this as I blacked out for at least 12 hours in and out of consciousness and was found pretty much unresponsive. If I was any higher I would have been hospitalized for sure but I had people watching over me slouched over in my seat like that. Lucky, really close call. If you use today, you might not wake up tomorrow. Let's not forget that part too.

Your first paragraph is spot on with my experience too. Every withdrawal depletes us, and it doesn't matter how long we keep away. I remind myself I only needed a little bump in the beginning, not a hollywood sized line. Through chronic relapsing I know very well that I am capable of getting high for maybe one day tops before I almost seemingly instantly start withdrawing. If I use for 2 or 3 days in a row, I have fucked myself. I'm talking wasted months of my life for fucks sake to end up worse off and more hopeless than before.

And I never get cravings until at least 3 months clean. None. Then all of a sudden it's a feeling that starts in the core of my being, enters my mind consciously at some point, slowly gets stronger until I make that stupid choice. I'm almost at 4 months and I have suffered so much I really hope this is it. I never EVER saw this coming. The initial withdrawals were a joke, even after a year and a half of sheer abuse. Just wait 5 fucking years and try and CT... to the "new" users who have only been at it a year or two and think they have their shit today... yeah, you do for the time being as did I for half a decade. It will take everything from you eventually if it doesn't downright end your life. That is a guarantee if you are already in too deep and reading this.

I can't shake it either and how could I? Those were the best years of my life so far, at first, and I've fucked myself to the point that I know I'll never be happy and content like that again. I've set a new standard, and I'm falling way below it being off dope. It should not be called dope it makes me energetic, motivated, confident I never was into nodding but I was functional until I blew all my money on it and became unemployable.

That third paragraph actually sort of gave me drug cravings. It is strikingly like a powerful romance at first that eventually falls apart but near impossible to let go of. It reminds me of being on vacation at the beach, sun shining on my skin, ocean breeze cooling me down, swimming and laying the sand and feeling amazing. No worries for the day and the proceeding days. Or sitting by candlelight an a wood fireplace in a snowy winter cabin reading a nice book cozied up with a blanket. All the while remaining completely functional so that nobody can even notice unless you find yourself sick. At first, that time of my life was wonderful. I was not worried about the drugs whatsoever. I don't think it helped that I started abusing xanax at the same time... within about a month of each other.

For myself I don't think about it too often. It is an impulse, I will relapse when I want to hurt myself when I get stressed out of my mind. It has damaged me enough that to me it is finally unjustifiable. That is not to say I will never use it again. Of course that's a possibility I think about it every day. I think I would die if I used an opiate that strong these days... 60mg IR oxy nearly dropped me when I had a lot of benzos in my system when I was relapsing in December until the new year. Let alone a product I don't even know the potency of, even with a milligram scale it's impossible to be safe at this point. After 2 or 3 days I'd have a huge tolerance and much lower risk of overdose... but that first hit. It's always an impulse, I'm not thinking straight, I rail the same dose as I normally would. I have already in my mind at least nearly died twice doing this as I blacked out for at least 12 hours in and out of consciousness and was found pretty much unresponsive. If I was any higher I would have been hospitalized for sure but I had people watching over me slouched over in my seat like that. Lucky, really close call. If you use today, you might not wake up tomorrow. Let's not forget that part too.

Thank yoy for sharing your experience with us. I feel this is basically what happens to all of us in one moment or another. People always say that there is an exception for every rule, but in this case unless your experience shows that heroin or opiates is definitely not the DOC there is no way around it.

Even when we quit, the memories will always be something you will have to work with. That makes me remember that around 30 years ago after my father had quit smoking he used to say that on his last week of his life he would have liked to smoke one last cigarette.

The entire experience with opiates and especially with heroin is complicated and it will mess with your life in ways that you’d least expect. My struggle with that has really fuc** with my life even though I quit using opiates and Benzos for a couple years. It has never been easy but substantially better than before.

Yup, acetylate that morphine so you can get that shot of morphine to your brain faster. Not much faster, but faster is faster to an addict, I mean, important to a person who merely uses the slower version out of boredom, not cause he can't not do it and the allure of faster boredom relief calls to him.

If you have access to pharma grade morphine for IV, why the fuck would you go out on the fent-infested, arse-stored cotton, diarrhea med overdosing, shady Aisian grass clipping importing, gabapentin plugging, pink or white grapefruit juice potentiating, when not cimetidine or how turmeric/curcumin will only make you shit yellow, can't figure the math on wholesale poppy seed suppliers, can't find a 31G x 7/16ths luer slip needle to stab a dog with, streets of the community you live in?

Really, the day after you use heroin, is the last day you'll shit. And it's amazing how much can be said about that.

Are you able to explain how you do this? Ive tried looking online, but cant figure it out. Is it hard? I currently have 10mg of IV morphine.

Listen, I started doing opiates at 17 and move onto heroin about 8 years later. When I moved onto heroin, that was the nail on the coffin. I was instantly hooked. It made me feel exactly what I wanted out of life. escapism. Sure it feels great for the first few years if you're not doing it everyday. But towards the end, you start stealing from your parents and friends for your next fix and it completely ruins your life. I've never heard of anyone who tried to heroin a couple of times and just quit like that. Sure there probably are people like that, but why take the risk? Before heroin is done with you, no one will want you around them, you'll lose all your friends, your parents will lock everything up and things like that. You can never quit when you think you are starting to get too bad, it gets you before you know it and then it's too late.
So my suggestion is, if you're thinking about doing heroin, please don't. If you care about your family and friends and your character and dignity don't. If you have a lot of assets that you've gained through hard work, you'll watch it all go away by you selling them. if you're a female, you'll start prostituting yourself. that happens 9 out of 10 times. Heroin isn't all of that. You get high the first couple of times, then you're just using so you won't get sick, you won't even get high. You're just using so you're not puking, shitting on yourself, having nightsweats, unable to sleep, severe cramps. It's one of the worst drugs I have ever laid my hands on. I'm now on methadone for about 5 years and I also hate having to go to this clinic everyday for this medicine which alters me a bit. I'm slowly going down on dose so i can for once and for all, be done with methadone. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but this is an open forum, let's not just glorify heroin, let's also talk the truth about it. All people who have been hooked on heroin and been through this, always and forever regret using heroin that first time out of curiosity or whatever reason.