View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad do you think the swelling would be from a really small dose? like a piece of a corner?

i think you're being too cautious...

a) most allergy tests aren't done to check for allergies as such since that's extremely rare
b) they are usually done to ensure you got what you ordered (for example you order something with and average dose of 100mg, receive something active at 1mg if you take a small amount first you'll notice something is wrong)
c) you'd know if you had an allergic reaction

yep, but if you tested it with a small piece of blotter, had no negative reactions, you shout be good to go

you may even buy reagent testing kits (some al-lad/lsz vendors actually sell them) to confirm it's not something else (or take a small piece to a drug testing org and get it tested by gc/ms if your country has one)

Has anyone experienced HPPD from al-lad?
Or how common is it that you experience HPPD from al-lad?

Last edited:
I don't think HPPD is very common period. A lot of people claim to have it when they're really just a bit fucked in the head from taking too many psychedelics. Confirmed diagnoses seem to be rarer.

Yeah 'cause i read about a lot of people getting it from lsd and/or mdma. But seeing as i'll only start with half a 150ug blotter, i should be fine.

75μg will be very mild. I can't personally imagine anyone having a hard time on 150μg but still, it's good to go slow.

Caution is good. You'll probably find 75μg a little underwhelming though. You can always repeat at a higher dose in a month or so.

Yeah, might as well start low though. What do you reckon the effects would be like? Any at all?

Increased sense of novelty maybe heightened colours. It might be very subtle because you don't know where to look for the effects. I remember first time I took acid, I didn't notice I was high until a couple of hours into the trip. It was probably only about 50μg.

Alrighty, i oughta be alright if i'm alone at such a low dose, right? I'll have some herb and benzos in case i need it. I wanna feel the effects of it by itself first though, maybe add a little big of weed in case i feel like it.

Sensible.

It took me hours to come up on Al-lad the one time I had it. Best to choose a dose you're comfortable with, swallow it and accept that you get the effects that you get. Everything might get glossy or you might just have a minuscule buzz. Either way, roll with it and save the weed for after. That way you can learn the landscape and use that knowledge to inform your next choice of dose.

75ug will almost undoubtedly be extremely mild. And that's perfectly OKAY, as long as your'e willing to accept the effects you experience and don't expect too much. Low doses of psychedelics produce a very different kind of experience from high doses and the effects are subtle, but rewarding in their own way. I'd suggest using the time to maybe read, listen to some music, or just ponder things a little bit. You won't be too mentally far out there, but, especially as you've never tripped before, you'll probably notice some alterations in the way you think, like approaching issues in a novel way.

I was thinking of going to a pond in the park, rarely any people there, just some people walking their dogs, that's about it

75ug is definitely very mild. I'm very sensitive when it comes to psychedelics (and any drugs, really) and 75ug gave me some very basic 'visuals'. Slight trails, brighter lights, morphing and warping of patterns. There was a slight psychedelic headspace and I could feel waves of trippiness wash over me; every now and again I'd just close my eyes and start to get slight images in my mind. I got some vasoconstriction at this dose too, which wasn't comfortable, but I didn't really have any way of dealing with it.

Of course, you should do whichever dose you are comfortable with, but these are my experiences and can give you a good idea of what to expect. AL-LAD seems to be far friendlier than LSD so far.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with higher doses of AL-LAD? (I'd check back ... but we're up to 25 pages!) I suppose I'm talking somewhere in the +/-1000ug range. If so, maybe you could guide me on whether I should go there and what to expect?

I've taken numerous trips at lower doses ... 150ug, 300ug, 450ug. And I've been up to 600ug just once -- at which point things went pretty upside-down, I guess. Not bad (not bad at all!) -- just a little squirrelly. In fact, I really can't remember most of what happened. It's like my mind checked itself out for a few hours ... and I have no idea where it went or what it did. I can't mentally get "back there" -- like trying to remember a dream that's just out of reach. (I do know that I was physically very safe ... that's not the issue.)

The confusion aside, I do have a general sense that everything was very beautiful and amazing and extremely productive. Side effects were tolerable, although I didn't sleep for *ages* and 24 hours later, I was still a little shaky. S'OK. I guess what I'm wondering is how productive it would be to keep pushing this to greater heights -- given that I can't remember everything that happened at a lower one? For all I know, I was passed out and dreaming! Just not sure. Is this the sign that I've reached my "dosage limit" with this -- that I can't keep myself together enough to really experience it?

Maybe I need to make a greater effort to keep myself really conscious and thinking instead of closing my eyes and watching "mental movies"? That's obviously entertaining, but...

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.