• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Things you don't like (tangible objects)

I worked for a mattress store and got the mattress for what the store paid (that was our employee discount). Mattresses are a 100% markup; so if it's a $2000 mattress they really only paid $1000 for it so I got a decent deal.

Sleep number has a remote that adjusts the firmness (tempurpedic is actually copying this year and bringing out a similar model) what sleep number does is uses an inflatable well inside the mattress to make it more firm or more soft. It's a scam IMO. The well eventually breaks. I would imagine it to be more comfortable though for a while since it's adjustable and it has a good warranty (25 years-10years non prorated) so they will fix it.

The problem with tempurpedic is, it's not adjustable firm/softness wise so once you have it if it's too firm the goddamn thing never breaks (in). I guess that's a good thing if you find the perfect one. But I didn't so I hate it. So I'm stuck with this thing since you can't throw away a perfectly good mattress.

any car commercial ever made

that feeling you get after sleeping awkwardly

non-modular power supplies with a shit ton of connections

smartphone signatures (posted from my: who gives a fuck)

when you are walking into a building and someone is in that grey area of distance but still makes eye contact and youre not sure whether you should hold the door or not

when you hold the door for one person and 50 other people you swear came out of the ventilation ducts happen to be leaving at the same time

people who wear jerseys relating to neither team at a sporting event

parallel parking and how you always feel like you could have done a better job

baseball statistics

when you open the fridge and, due to the previous person not putting something away properly, an item falls onto the floor immidiately

any form of competition decided by judges

giving teams NFL draft grades prior to at least 2-3 years transpiring

having everything you need to smoke except a lighter

surprise parties

labels that say "Trans Fat Free"

coming across food products the day they expire

people who believe in magic

people who believe in psychics

anything claiming to be "the world's largest" when the practicality of the item's size peaks out well before the record holder's

people who use the phrase "charge card"

people who use the phrase "atm machine"

obviously biased newspaper articles

companies that boast about being located in the USA but employ mostly migrant workers

someone that lets you know they just farted

when someone clearly just got injured and the first question you hear is "are you ok?"

anything made or endorsed by Kia (see: first sentence of this post)

any drug in an XR version

the assortment of magazines in any particular waiting room

people who use the term "scout's honor" and you know for a fact they never were in boy scouts

how we refer to what is almost always aluminum foil as "tin foil"

legit emails that go to the spam folder

when you have something set up to remember your password automatically and then forget the password

items that are "100% Juice, from concentrate"

analog clocks with less than 12 hour markers (seriously, whats the fucking point?)

itunes

when someone says "hey its snowing outside" and people feel the need to rush to the window and act like its some unexpected event in the middle of fucking February

whenever someone says "well according to some studies..."

places that force you to pass through a gift shop before the exit

people who complain about how shitty fast food is when it was their idea to go there

network tv shows and how every other one is the same damn premise

people who say theyre "going to Xerox something"

the term "lazy susan"

Eggs....any kind of fish, shitty gravy, light beer...
Marshmallows
Dirty catboxes
Twitter

Obsolete technology that hipsters (or similar types of people with nostalgia for vintage and a hard on for obscurity for its own sake) put on a pedestal.

-8bit video game consoles (if you wanna play the games, just fuckin use an emulator on your comp)
-Vinyl records and associated playback and recording equipment. It's shit, plain and simple. The quality sucks, it's cumbersome, and I can fit more songs on a piece of silicon the size of my pinky nail than I could in a warehouse full of records.
-Typewriters. Unless you're doing carbon copy forms, why the fuck would you pick a typewriter? Even then, use a dot matrix printer. I see fuckin hipsters with their typewriters at (indie, hipster aesthetic) coffeeshops writing out their (amateur, lame) poetry and attempts at novels and screenplays. It's retarded and makes me want to hurt them, BADLY...even when I'm on mad MDMA.
- Film Cameras (esp non-SLRs)...what the fuck. Why you do dis gooby? Digital, shoot 500 pics, and get the one good one, free. Film: Shoot 12 pics, pay 20 bucks to get them developed at a pro shop, they all turn out like shit cause it's fucking 100iso film in a dark alleyway thru a Lomo. GTFO.

Obsolete technology that hipsters (or similar types of people with nostalgia for vintage and a hard on for obscurity for its own sake) put on a pedestal.

-Vinyl records. It's shit, plain and simple. The quality sucks

Wrong! The quality is better. Same with traditional film cameras and tube televisions.

This "it's new and small therefore must be better" is generally a crock of shit unless you are talking about upgrades of the same thing (e.g. new computers are better than old ones).

- people who don't understand the idea of "tangible objects"
- chalk
- baby corn

i dont like pillows that are so soft that you put your head on it and it starts eating up your head and suffocating you while wringing your neck

i dont like beds that are less than 6 foot 2 long, im around 5 " 9 or something but im not freakishly tall and my feet do not touch my single bed while im lying down, its really a pretty big bane on my life but i dont want to spend a fucking grand on a queen bed (i fucken would though if i had that much money at once)

i dont like velcro, ingenious invention? fuk dat

Salad cream
Formulaic Hollywood films (let's have some originality)
Some camera clubs (they're only interested in the hardware, not the artistic worth of a piece of work)
Cheap red wine
Homeopathy
The taste of dog food (don't ask:I was drunk)

Last edited:
Women's fashion magazines. They're all the same. "101 ways to please your man." "Lose 10lbs in two weeks." "Here are 36 beautiful outfits for Spring!" Blah, blah, fucking blah!

Whats up with mass-produced sundials that have crappy art-work imprinted on them? I want to tell the time not re-live Bernardo Bellotto's stupid horses. Honestly ...

All game shows...except Jeopardy.
Jail house tattoos.
Chocolate covered cherries.
Buttermilk.
Twilight movies.
Pitbulls.

Centipedes
Puffy coats
Kaki shorts
clip boards
dull knives
hemorrhoids
1750 ml bottles of hard alcohol
protractors
lined paper with special boxes meant for writing the date or your name
denim jackets
toenail clippings
sweet store bought birthday cards
"student" quality paint, "hues" / approximations of other pigments
paint thiner
blinds made of little bars that open and close by changing angles
the little balls of floating mold that form in glasses of oj or water that sit too long
cigarillos
bile and liquid shit

Parmesan cheese (the smell is so damn rancid) Yes, I know odor is not tangible, but it completely ruins the cheese. I can't eat something that smells like sweaty feet and week-long unwashed testicles.

Tags in the back of shirts.

Sales papers for grocery stores I never go to and life insurance mail that I never open. Stop sending it to me already!

Bruises that appear out of nowhere and refuse to go away.

Toenails. Seriously, what purpose do they serve?

Paper mills within city limits. My town smells like a dirty diaper.

Cotton

I hate how it makes that crunching sound that literally travels up your arm directly into your ears.