• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs The AH-7921 (Ah7921) Megathread (v1)

^ That makes total sense, so I probably have the salt since it is soluble in water and does not burn.

Great information Sekio, thanks!

Except I'm one of those who says it's easily soluble in water, and corrosive, which means I have something in between the freebase and the salt =D

OK it probably means I am not a good judge of solubility...

The salt is undoubtedly corrosive (I would be hard pressed to find an amine salt that isn't), but much less so than the freebase. Perceptually, the threshold for what is considered "corrosive"/"burning" varies between people though - so it's not a good metric for determining what you have.

The easy test here is: can you dissolve more than about 10mg in 1ml, with nothing but gentle shaking? Salt form. Otherwise, freebase.

QUARE said:
Another weird thing that happen with that chemical, is that when I take it before going to sleep. When I wake up, half of my hands are completly numb like if I would have sit on it for a while and no blood where able to go to the hands. What is really weird is that HALF of the hand is numb. I take Quetiapine (Seroquel) for sleep, meaby it is cause by the mix, I dont know, but I was scared the first few time it happened.

If your little and ring finger are numb but your other fingers are OK then it's probably a compressed ulnar nerve. It's happened to me before. I mentioned this to my doctor and they told me that drunks used to get it all the time because of the wooden seats in drinking establishments, they would get drunk, pass out and sit/slouch in one position on these hard seats and get pinched nerves.

If it is this, then it's because you're falling asleep in a bad position, and not moving in your sleep.

edit: It's not an issue once or twice but a damaged ulnar nerve can leave you with serious problems.

This happened again and I get scare, can it really be a "compressed ultar nerve" if it ONLY happen to me when I take AH-7921 before sleep or in the evening ? Quetiapine (Seroquel) cause low blood pressure, if combine with AH-7921 could it worsten the low blood pressure and cause this ?

It is not cause be falling asleep in a bad position.

This morning I woke up and I felt that it was serious, I felt like the blood was unable to circulate. Can I lose my arm ? I'm really scared now, I will have to stop using AH-7921 if this can cause serious illness like this.

Yeah I guess it could be a circulation issue too. Be careful.

^ Yeah, i know this. Sometimes it's whole hand/lower arm that's numb and i think it's because i've usually very low BP, and when i've taken an Opioid, it's much worse (as with alcohol or other downers in general). I then often sleep in, lying on my stomach with my hands above my head and i get this.

I think it's because of the furthermore lowered BP and the fact that in such a deep sleep, that you don't recognize the bad position you're in anymore, so you won't change it (as you would normally).

Note to me: when intoxicated, sleep on your back/side, rather than your stomach!

I'm going to try not taking Quetiapine, since AH-7921 make me fall asleep pretty easy. If its only the mix that cause that it should not be a big problem to correct this issue. I will report tomorow.

The next day EDIT: It happened but much less severe and disapeared almost instantly after moving my arm. So, I assume that it is cause by AH-7921 and worsten by Quetiapine.

Last edited:
The HCl salt is a slightly acidic compound produced by neutralising the alkaline free base. As knock pointed out, should be almost instantly soluble in water, and should stay that way. The pH of a solution of this should be much more tolerable, too

People reporting problems dissolving the compound in water and "this burns on insufflation", "this tastes corrosive", "can't get it to stay dissolved" etc... you probably have the freebase. For your own good stop putting it on your rather sensitive mucous membranes. (Not that the salts won't burn either - they will be a hell of a lot smoother) And also, don't inject it!!
From quoted reports from other forums in post #13:
20mg was than administered intranasally, burn was no worse than MXE but had a definitively noticeable lingering burn on the nostril and back of throat for around 6-8 minutes. Multiple things were used in an attempt to alleviate the burning sensation such as drinking water, water mixed with baking soda, and milk. None of which seemed to provide any long term relief, I would suggest against this a ROA for any trial. (20-/+5mg insufflated)
Knock said:
Except I'm one of those who says it's easily soluble in water, and corrosive, which means I have something in between the freebase and the salt
From what you've stated it sounds like the person described in post #13 probably had the freebase, which would explain why baking soda didn't help, but in another post in this thread you recommend only oral administration for this chemical (presumably independently of whether one's AH-7921 is a salt or not). Then there's Knock's experience ... Assuming one used something like baking soda or vinegar to dial the pH up or down to more or less neutral, and that it still caused pain upon IN, IM, or IR administration, what properties of a neutral AH-7921 solution would still be capable of causing the sensation of burning? A cursory search only comes up with VR1 binding like capsaicin, though that only creates the sensation of burning and doesn't cause tissue damage like a proper chemical burn. I doubt that's what's happening here, but then what?

Anyway after all that it was the perfect substance for me at those low doses and kept me away from other temptations such as stims etc.

I see you seem to understand, but be careful. Trading one addiction for another is a shitty trade! If you have problems with stimulants, it's likely you might have problems with opioids.

So this AH-7921 acts like an opiate correct? I was confused about it.
Also, IV? Any rush? How does it feel when injected?

I'm on 30mg of Oxy a day roughly. What kinda dose do you think I should try? Like 50mg to start? First round will be insufflation.
Then I want to try to IV it. Should I use half of what I felt comfortable with above? Say I enjoyed snorting 50mg and got a good high. I should wait a bit then IV 25mg for the start.
Correct? I don't know anything about this substance yet but its on my hitlist for sure.

Last edited:
If I decided that I could manage this weekends only is there any rebound effects after going through those w/d’s. I don’t really understand how this works with receptors etc so any help would be appreciated. Or would I be better staying well clear.

I also went through a period of daily use and paid the price. But I am able to use it once or twice a week with no w/ds. The problem is keeping to the plan!

Also, IV? Any rush? How does it feel when injected?

Due to the the corrosive nature of this substance I would strongly advise against IV. And if you are used to Oxy I think this won't be satisfying as it lacks some components of the classic opioid effects.

Scotsman: One gram is a lot. If you had problems in the past I'd recommend to buy less so the possibility of getting hooked again is lower.
Like 250mg. I have been abstinent for about one month but I know if I had access to a larger amount I would be in the fangs very quickly...

Dunno, I've had "problems" yet I manage to keep about 8 grams around without using it excessively. I have great powers of self-control, though!

Hey knock, yeah some people can do that. Unfortunately I am not one of them. I was a few years ago though.

Currently trying to kick the damn tobacco. Seems to be harder than the Opis...

Is it possible that AH-7921 have low affinity as an NMDA antagonist ? I get some effect that are similar to arylcyclohexylamine some time, like the spinning vision.

Is it possible that AH-7921 have low affinity as an NMDA antagonist ? I get some effect that are similar to arylcyclohexylamine some time, like the spinning vision.

I did, on one occasion (had it three times totalling 250mg, and the freebase / salt + corrosive action is putting me off a great deal. Water-soluble or at least properly orally active, please!

This happened again and I get scare, can it really be a "compressed ultar nerve" if it ONLY happen to me when I take AH-7921 before sleep or in the evening ? Quetiapine (Seroquel) cause low blood pressure, if combine with AH-7921 could it worsten the low blood pressure and cause this ?

I've had this EXACT problem twice on AH-7921. The first time, I fell asleep with my 1 yr old in my arms in a rocking chair. When I woke up, my arm was pinned to the rocking chair and my hand was completely numb. I had total paralysis of my radial nerve, causing me to be unable to grip or flex my wrist (giving me "wrist drop"). It took 4-5 months to recover. I went for nerve conduction studies, and was told that it was a compression injury of the nerve.

The second time, I was sleeping funny on my shoulder. I fortunately woke up to pee, and realized that my 4th and 5th fingers were totally numb (ulnar nerve). It took about 2 weeks to heal, but could have been way worse if I hadn't woken up.

The first time was my right hand, the second time was my left hand. Both times, I fell asleep on AH and seroquel. It is totally due to compression injury, not neurotoxicity.