• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I also need to figure out how to get more of that feeling. I'm about 50/50 now whether or not I end up totally white. Having the needle doesn't bother me, but looking at it in does.

Why does the sight bother you? I see it as intimate to be mildly put. lol

I don't know why, but it always has. I used to just not watch them stick in the needle when I got blood work done and wouldn't have a problem. When you're sticking the needle in yourself watching is kinda mandatory though.

Recently started hitting what I believe to be the cephallic vein an inch or two closer to the body than the wrist. I shoot m-amp and my shots are normally really thick (300mg with 15-17 units thrown on - 35-40 drawn back with creeping bubble.

My question is can this vein handle this and is this relatively sustainable if it only gets used at most 3-4x per week if it even gets used at all that week?

Sorry for all the questions.
Is anyone using butterfly needles? How big are they?

Is it normal for your arm to have a big bruise afterwards? I tried it there about a week ago, but no blood went into the syringe so I backed out and didn't inject. I tried 3 times with a big 19 guage needle. I've had a bruise since then. Well, the bruise came on about 3 days after. Is that normal? BTW are needles OTC in most countries? I remember asking for a syringe with no needle in the pharmacy here once and they told me I need a prescription for it. I told her I wanted it for feeding a baby then he got me one. I presume she was lying about needing a prescription, otherwise she wouldn't have been so lax about getting it for me after.

Using a 19ga needle for IV is crazy man! The bruise is probably blood from the vein.

Is it normal for your arm to have a big bruise afterwards? I tried it there about a week ago, but no blood went into the syringe so I backed out and didn't inject. I tried 3 times with a big 19 guage needle. I've had a bruise since then. Well, the bruise came on about 3 days after. Is that normal? BTW are needles OTC in most countries? I remember asking for a syringe with no needle in the pharmacy here once and they told me I need a prescription for it. I told her I wanted it for feeding a baby then he got me one. I presume she was lying about needing a prescription, otherwise she wouldn't have been so lax about getting it for me after.

Doing all these things by yourself with no one even knowing isn't advised, but If you must you will. You can go to any pharmacy and ask them insulin syringes and they will sell you a box of 100 for around 10-15 dollars. Once the needle has entered you (or anyone) it is dirty and you should use a new needle for it gets dull every time you stick yourself and thus making it more or a tear everytime you do.

Yea that movie... I can always hear that damn song for the last 15 minutes of that film. Just gut wrenching violins and electric shock, ha.
No prescription needed for diabetes kits? They won't even sell glucose test strips (for testing blood sugar levels) in my country without a prescription but Europes small, you can hop on a train and be in another country in a couple of hours. Yeah I probably wont do it with dissos, amps and benzos are what I want to try it with. Amps especially since they take at least an hour to kick in and I've always had the salts so never tried smoking them. Since I can safely use opioids with no risk of addiction (I have no choice, I got some weird tachyphylaxis which makes them stop working if I try to use them more than 1 day in a row), I should use that to my advantage and slam some H some day some day, but I wouldn't know where to get it. Is IV tramadol any good? Cheers for the info. You mentioned spreading it out, I went for the elbow pit, are there any better places to find veins than that?

Last edited:
Using a 19ga needle for IV is crazy man! The bruise is probably blood from the vein.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. looking at the needle and thinking of sticking it into my arm seems like a crazy idea. Its the only thing I have, but it can't be healthy putting holes that size in blood vessels. The bruise is big and its below where I injected (in the direction away from the heart), but its centered on the vein. Theres no swelling or anything, just a yellow bruise. I'm guessing its due to a bit of bleeding from the vein, don't know why it took 2 days to bruise though.

Heres a video of someone using a 14 guager:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX1uu4vdRwY
so it can't be that bad. I think they only use big ones for long term drips. I suppose you need a big needle in that case so that gravity is enough to inject the liquid. When I had my appendix removed, they gave me a cup to crap in and I thought "fuck that" so I picked up the drip and walked to the bathroom. I took the drip bag off the hook and put it on the ground, and instantly the tube started filling up with blood. I would have thought there'd be a valve to stop things flowing backwards.

Last edited:
Yeah I probably wont do it with dissos, amps and benzos are what I want to try it with. ?

I wouldn't bother IVing benzodiazepines, oral bioavailability is so high there is really nothing to be gained by IVing them, you are basically taking all the risks of shooting pills for no reason

Oh and to your questions about needing a prescription for syringes-- in the US it depends upon state. Some you can just go in and ask, some states you need a script. Where I live they are sold OTC. But hey there is always online, you can order whatever gauge you want online fairly cheap

Would it not be alright to reuse a needle if you boil it, and run isopropanol through it multiple times?

^^

If you want to reuse a syringe, best way to clean it is to use bleach. But honestly, with how cheap needles are.. just get a new one. Simply sterilizing it doesn't solve the problem of the tip being dull, and using old needles, will destroy your veins.

I just thought it would be a wonderful way to start a brand new year.
walk out of a nice party, full of nice people, to a flat in the middle of nowhere and do the one thing that has systematically ruined me through watching my friends destroy themselves. Pretty daft ey?
I don't know where everybody typically shoots, cause I don't do it, and I've never watched people do it before until then, and i honestly cant remember much of what they were doing anyway.
I thought you could only get absesses offa filthy needles and stuff? I really don't know. I'm staying with my mother currently, as I'm home form university, she lives in the middle of nowhere so it'll be about a week before i can get to a doc. hopefully it'll calm down, nurses have made bigger bruises, although, decdely not lumps..
CHECK IT OUT I HAD A REALLY BAD CASE OF CELULITIS WHICH iS AN INFECTION OF THE SKIN THTS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE U GOT TO ME IF U CANT GET TO A DOC WHICH U DEF. SHOULD DO...GO TO AN ORGANIC FOOD STORE GET TEA TREE OIL ND 1000 MG TUMERIC CAPSULES USE THREE DROPS OF TEA TREE OIL ND 3 CAPSULES OF TUMERIC ND MAKE A PASTE ND PUT IT ON UR ARm 3X A DAY ULL B FINE IN A WEEK AS LONG AS U DNT HAVE A WHITE PUSS FILLED BALL AT THE IV SITE...IF THTS THE CAse get the fck to the er ur gonna have major issues if u dnt good luck

Long story short I broke my arm and wrist that I use to inject with, so I got some butterfly kits but as i have never used them I have a few questions bout them, I know how to insert, but I'm clueless after that, do I prepare like normal or insert then attach barrel, if this is the case does it matter bout injecting the air in the line??

Last edited:
I prep the tubing & needle then I insert the butterfly needle. I'm doing this under the supervision of a nurse. The air in the line wouldn't hurt you, but it's better to just avoid it.

I'm curious, what size are your needles? I'm told I have the smallest available, but people here think they are huge.

Last edited:
I prep the tubing & needle then I insert the butterfly needle. I'm doing this under the supervision of a nurse. The air in the line wouldn't hurt you, but it's better to just avoid it.

I'm curious, what size are your needles? I'm told I have the smallest available, but people here think they are huge.

I have 25g butterfly needles, I normally use 27g terumo 1.0 ml syringes, thanks for the info :)

When I had my appendix removed, they gave me a cup to crap in and I thought "fuck that" so I picked up the drip and walked to the bathroom. I took the drip bag off the hook and put it on the ground, and instantly the tube started filling up with blood. I would have thought there'd be a valve to stop things flowing backwards.

Haha I would have totally freaked out!

Thanks, I'm using 25G too, I don't think I'll be able to get any that are smaller.

I'm not really sure what the confusion would be compared to other needles. Prep the tubing & needle. Bevel needs to point up. That gives you the option of holding a wing on the side, or pinching the two wings together above the needle. Once you get it in, you can tape it down so you can push on the plunger. Alternatively, you can hold the syringe in the hand on the side you're injecting to and just hold the needle in place while injecting. Hopefully that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.