• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i met the iv needle on h quickly had my works ready for opanas and i was hooked for 2yrs. Been sober from painers for 18 months. Question i fire Ice a little and when i come down from the meth i smoke alittle crack and that help the come down. But I could not get any ice last night so i did the shake n bake stuff the rush was nothing compared to the ice but after 13 hrs i was ready to smoke but ever time i try the stem i pull and puke. I am about to shoot this crack. I use vinigar is that the best. Do u think that i am still to up on the meth and that the cause for puken from a little puff

Do you aim to go into the vein right from above, or do you go slightly beside, get the needle tip in and then hit it from the side?
I've been told both techniques work. With the second though, how do you then get the needle in fully in without poking through the other side? Isn't the angle a bit messed up?

You slide into it with the needle pointed away from you. I suggest hitting it dead on so you can fo deeper which is much safer and easier, why not just glide up into that vein rather than the aforementioned way. It's pretty sefl explantry. Just make sure to pull back if you're uncertain if you're in or not. You will feel it open if you use a 25 gauge. The finer gauges are too thin and give no feeling. The angle isn't hard you just have to deveilpe a feel for it and watch one of my videos and I clearly show you how it's done. I highly suggest you begin with water for practice. I suggest the arm crooks since they are thicker veins and all I ever use. You saw my vidoes, Blue, that is as clear as it gets unil you stick the pick and learn. I lost my venous virginity to a 25 gauge needle and had no problems. I was entranced witht the first register because I knew then what to feel for. Then after a few more registers, I took the plunge and consummated the "marriage". The actual plunge was fucking rewarding itself. I quickly started enjoying that shit before I slammed the real shit. %)

Last edited:
I'm supposed to do my hands, and the veins roll. The aim for beside it method has been recommended to work around this, although the person recommending it doesn't do it herself.

leftover shot- to use or not to use

So I was doing a shot of street speed-- I registered and pushed almost half of the shot, but my fingers slipped and I went ahead and pulled the needle out because I didn't want to drop it or stab myself. I squirted the rest of the shot into a clean cap and tossed that rig. As soon as I threw it away, I got distracted and left the cap and leftover shot in my desk for like an hour. Is it still safe to draw back up into a freshie and use or is that a stupid idea? I would squirt it out but it's half of a quarter gram shot and it's the last of my stuff for a couple weeks. Could I swallow it or is it already bacteria infested?

Also, another question: Why do I constantly cough up that nasty phlegm shit when I bang and not when I snort it?

EDIT: Okay I just reread this post I made and the second I was done I thought to myself, "wow, what an addict!"
Don't worry folks, I put that shit in the toilet and I'm off to go buy some pot.

Last edited:
I`m having issues with a vein. My husband can hit it well, but loses it when he tries to inject. The last time he was in it and pulled back on the syringe to make sure. The needle was taped down so it didn't move. As soon as he started to inject, I knew we lost it from the type of pain. Sometimes we can see the fluid from the small amount that was pushed, sometimes not. I do not go to this vein for at least a week after this happens, sometimes 2. Do you think I`ll be able to use this vein again? How long should I be letting it rest before we try it again?

Last edited:
Well, for one, I suggest you learn to hit yourself with water because if you're going to play the game, then you really need to learn how to use the needle. Never ever rely on others to hit you since they cannot feel nor can they gauge what you can. I personally am the type that enjoys everything about slamming and I love that sense of gratificaation as I feel empowrered as I finish emptying into my vein. If you are afraid or unneasy, then IV is not for you. Either you want to take it on, or half ass it. If you are adamant about this, then practice with water and teach yourself as I taugh tmyself to inject. Or, maybe your man can assists you as you are in crontol. He isn't hitting it correctly and you don'y want him to fuck up bad enough to collapse your main vein.

Why was the needle taped to you? Wtf? This fu' needs to stick to his own veins because either I'm missing something here, or you need to explain his actions. Don't let him tell you he'll be the one to hit you. Hell no girl, hit that shit on your own. You're missing out IMO.

When first learning, the nurse us to tape down the butterfly 'wings'. Especially when I'm doing it myself. It's pretty difficult to push the syringe which is attached to the needle by tubing while holding the needle in place that is on the back of one of my hands. It takes about 5 minutes to infuse at the proper flow rate. Sometimes we don't tape it and I hold it. If I end up being treated in a medical setting outside of the training clinic they always tape.

I am still trying it myself, but I haven't 'graduated' from the clinic yet to do it myself. My husband has. It's also important that he stays in practice in case I am unable to do it myself due to the symptoms from an attack.

Ohh that's right, you're not using a basic syringe so that make sense. I wish you luck and hope you pick it up like wind.

I think I'm over the mental hurdle at least. Thanks for your help with that!

Hi guys - just a super quick semi-related question.I'm about to go to the shops and I want to buy some OTC products that will help fresh track marks to heal faster and have a less chance of scarring.

I would love to hear your recommendations.I called a chemist and he suggested a 1% Hydrocortisone cream that does not require a prescription. I've also heard of other people using aloe vera.

If you have any advice please help me out. I was hoping to go to the shops today.

Greatly appreciated and I hope you are all doing well.

-IDP

Today my wrist hurts after injecting. I used a vein in front of (ie. closer to the hand) a bony project, on the pinky side. I had a fair bit of pain immediately on inserting the needle, but the injection itself went well.

Now moving it at all hurts. It feels almost like a combination of a very localized sprain (which I know isn't possible) and a bad bruise. It isn't swollen and I can't see any bruising around the bandaid. Any suggestions as to hot or cold? Should I move it around to try to work the pain out, or just rest it?

Im looking to try injecting ketamine and was wondering if:

Gauge/Size30g
Needle Length (mm)12mm
Needle Length (inch)0.5 inch

is okay??

I don't wanna be tearing holes in my veins with giant needles and just want comfortable sized barrels, any help would be appreciated

Yes! I use a 25 gauge that is actually made for intravenous injection and My veins take it like champs because I use a new needle each time and have great aim. You'll be fine.

Any idea what the wrist issue would have been? It was fine after a day, but it was still waking me up in the wee hours - so maybe 20 hours or so? It's something I would like to avoid and the last thing I need now is more hesitancy with the needle.

@blueiv it's hard to say just from what you've said but I've hit small veins in my hands quite frequently, and it sounds like this was, and had something like this happen. The bruised/ hurt/ sore bit. I'm not a medical doctor but I have always assumed this was just weak/ small veins leaking or blowing which can create that feeling in my experience. I'm not sure how helpful that is but I would always just rest it and avoid that area for a bit. I only massaged and heated on misses. Sorry if this wasn't helpful. :-/

Btw, those seem like big needles. I always used like 30 or sonething like that insulin syringes. I feel like my tiny shitty veins would revolt. That's insanity to me.

Thanks Southeast. The bruising is actually quite minimal, so I really don't know what happened. Maybe just being close to that bone is too sensitive.

Ok, I am not new at injecting, but I havnt done it for a few years.. I only started again a few months ago, and I only use once a month.. But every time I shoot up I miss completely.. I have tried everything.. However I have never had trouble in the past.. I always hit a vein in the past, when I tried.. So I don't know what to do.. It's nit like I'm using all the time, so I don't think it's a probablem of my veins shutting down or collapsing.. Does anyone know what I can do..

Don't you feel any discomfort to let you know before administering the whole shot? Also, what and where are you injecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.