• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can give it about 24 hours. Most regular misses (which it sounds like your is. It only takes a tiny bit to leak out to cause that), will get way better by then, if not before.

Obviously, seek medical attention if you're really worried or notice it getting worse.

Merging this with the IV Complications mega.

^Yeah, we don't diagnose or give medical advice on here based on reading online messages, but we try to be as informative as possible without giving advice that could put someone at risk.

If it's merely swelling up, itching and turning a little red...well that's fairly common, and not necessarily cause to run straight to the ER. If it's rapidly getting worse, changing colors, extremely painful, or you're experiencing other physical symptoms with it, go straight to an ER or you're nearest place that offers medical treatment. If it's not getting worse and you're not experiencing other generalized physical symptoms, wait a day or so and see if it improves...Then, go to an ER to have it looked after

Sorry If posted wrong

I have gotten abcesses before and know what they are. I remember asking my doctor if the half a penny size squishy bump on the crook off my elbow is an abcess too....he replied no it is just scar tissue or knotted veins of such. This was 4 years ago. I try to not use it but its solo easy to hit. Sometimes if I can't hit anything I will inject into the small bump and register immediately, and never miss. Though I believe this bump was originally a miss.

I feel like every time i shoot into jt IT NEVER MISSES, but some liquid or air does not fully get into the BS, making this bump the same size or bigger (only bigger right after and the days following said abuse. They then go back down to the small reddish-purple bump.

I have been trying to stop but after having a bump that has been abused and around for like 2 years....will this ever go away?
Or will this be a constant reminder/and a self conscious issue being a big beach and boat guy.

I sadly have vitiligo, a disorder where some skin or scarred skin will not grow back regular pigment just non pigmented (albino). So all my bad tracks are permenately white scars, even though they healed they have no pigment. SUCKS...but i have come to terms with that. And though I have tried for tears to quit doing heroin, I am now committed to sobriety, yet if I relapse i will only insufflate since I find it a little more warm longer and easy to control nods, though no rush...which is what drained my bank account, lost my fiancé, and job. So for 4 years got 5 days clean, 6th day relapse, one day clean, two day relapse, five day clean...i swear that exact pattern for little over 2 years (Im 26 and used opiates since 8th grade, but once i got real bad speedballs and doing 2-3 grams of good East Coast powder a day. Sorry for the ramble, just saying...i dunno

Any help appreciated.

Hope things get better for you my friend. I got the fiend issue myself, just not for opioids (probably would if I could but they don't work on me). Do you know of iboga? Thats my plan. Ayahuasca helped me a lot but its not a once off thing, you need to do aya multiple times and I don't live near anywhere I can do it with a group. Gonna start making my own brews though. Whereabouts in the world are you? If you're in the US, there are ibogaine clinics in Canada, some in Vancouver, some in Toronto, I know that for sure but probably other cities too. If you're in a southern state, then Mexico. If you're in Europe then there are options, but you need to look hard.

I wanted to try it out now, but I backed out cuz when I pulled back there was no blood going in. I can easily see big blue veins on my arm, but I don't know how deep I need to go in, I went in pretty deep first try and went in almost horizontally so I doubt I went out the other wall of the vein. There was a little bit of blood but I was expecting a rush of blood to go in. I'm using a big 19 guage needle, so I take it that means I made the right call by not injecting (cuz blood should have gone through that with ease). Got 3 pretty obvious jab marks on my arm now, so I'll leave it at that and try some other time. How easily should the blood go into the syringe, I found it tricky to pull back on it with one hand like that, should it go in almost by itself?

Thanks, the redness is really minor to the point where i can barely notice and i did have some hives and the swelling seems to also be minor. There is no pain outside of it as I feel the cocaine would have worn off by now. There is just a lump, visible, hardly but you can also feel it. I will wait until tmrw to see if it gets any worse. No pain to any sort of touch. I don't feel an ER visit is needed becauase I'm only really worried about it abscessing, which I heard is a "common" thing if you miss with cocaine.It has been 5 hours, no bruising or so it seems from it, but my arm feels odd, maybe psychosomatic. Again no pain from any touch, thanks for the advice I will post again tmrw to let you guys know what happened/what I did. This is my first miss from cocaine.

Last edited:
you should be putting it in as parallel as you can get it so that it goes inside the vein, not through. That was a good decision to take it out and not continue. I would use a smaller needle. and yes when the needle is in the vein properly it will go right in the syringe. perhaps have a friend that knows what they are doing help you.

I wanted to try it out now, but I backed out cuz when I pulled back there was no blood going in. I can easily see big blue veins on my arm, but I don't know how deep I need to go in, I went in pretty deep first try and went in almost horizontally so I doubt I went out the other wall of the vein. There was a little bit of blood but I was expecting a rush of blood to go in. I'm using a big 19 guage needle, so I take it that means I made the right call by not injecting (cuz blood should have gone through that with ease). Got 3 pretty obvious jab marks on my arm now, so I'll leave it at that and try some other time. How easily should the blood go into the syringe, I found it tricky to pull back on it with one hand like that, should it go in almost by itself?

you should be putting it in as parallel as you can get it so that it goes inside the vein, not through. That was a good decision to take it out and not continue. I would use a smaller needle. and yes when the needle is in the vein properly it will go right in the syringe. perhaps have a friend that knows what they are doing help you.

I wouldn't even tell my friends about this because they'd get the wrong idea. Have to learn myself. 19 guage is the only thing I can get. I'll go with that since its only gonna be a few times I do it (wanna try it with a stimulant once, and a sedative once to see what its like having the effects hit instantly). I'd like to try it with a dissociative at some point too, have to be real careful with that though, don't wanna hole myself with a needle in my arm. The stimulant is top on my list though, I'd vape it if I could but I only have access to an amphetamine salt which would be perfect for IV since its so water soluble.

BTW is it better to use the same hole when you give it a second attempt? I went in a different area each time but I wouldn't have to wear a long sleeve jumper if I'd just used the same injection site (could just say I got a blood test done, but now I have 3 jab marks along the same vein). Reminds me of that movie Requiem for a Dream, lots of people think thats a realistic movie but complete bullshit in my experience. Pretty sure meth doesn't give withdrawals like that (if it was opioids though, that woulda been a realistic depiction) and theres doctor patient confidentiality, if they called the police like that they would lose their license. Blatant anti drug propaganda but most people think its realistic because it has depressing truths mixed in with the bullshit.

Last edited:
The tourniquet thing is a right pain in the ass and didn't make my veins bulge out like I thought. I often wonder why we don't have more than two arms, you'd think having 4 of them would give us an evolutionary advantage. Imagine how handy (pun intended) it would be having even one extra arm. I'd probably become a DJ. Or maybe a boxer. There is a German fella who was born with an abnormally big arm, hes a world champion arm wrestler, its pretty funny because hes an ordinary sized guy, but has this monstrously big arm and he destroys everyone in arm wrestling matches because hes technically not a heavy weight, so he goes against middle weights.

I wouldn't even tell my friends about this because they'd get the wrong idea. Have to learn myself. 19 guage is the only thing I can get. I'll go with that since its only gonna be a few times I do it (wanna try it with a stimulant once, and a sedative once to see what its like having the effects hit instantly). I'd like to try it with a dissociative at some point too, have to be real careful with that though, don't wanna hole myself with a needle in my arm. The stimulant is top on my list though, I'd vape it if I could but I only have access to an amphetamine salt which would be perfect for IV since its so water soluble.

BTW is it better to use the same hole when you give it a second attempt? I went in a different area each time but I wouldn't have to wear a long sleeve jumper if I'd just used the same injection site (could just say I got a blood test done, but now I have 3 jab marks along the same vein). Reminds me of that movie Requiem for a Dream, lots of people think thats a realistic movie but complete bullshit in my experience. Pretty sure meth doesn't give withdrawals like that (if it was opioids though, that woulda been a realistic depiction) and theres doctor patient confidentiality, if they called the police like that they would lose their license. Blatant anti drug propaganda but most people think its realistic because it has depressing truths mixed in with the bullshit.

Doing all these things by yourself with no one even knowing isn't advised, but If you must you will. You can go to any pharmacy and ask them insulin syringes and they will sell you a box of 100 for around 10-15 dollars. Once the needle has entered you (or anyone) it is dirty and you should use a new needle for it gets dull every time you stick yourself and thus making it more or a tear everytime you do. Go and read this forum, took me a couple hours before but it helps. All your questions are answered here. And with K please be careful. I had a friend who had a room mate who would hole before the needle was out of her leg (Because that one is an IM drug) and if he wasnt there to take it out, turn off the running water, and make sure she didn't hit the floor roll around with shit sticking out of her she may have hurt herself. These are not drugs to be doing by yourself or with no one knowing you are doing them, and from experience it is doubtful you'll only do it once. its fun to say the least. I would use a new hole every time gives the hole you just made time to heal. if you are concerned about not leaving bad track marks, use neosporin on the holes if you are concerned about them going away faster, but spreading them out is a good idea.

Yea that movie... I can always hear that damn song for the last 15 minutes of that film. Just gut wrenching violins and electric shock, ha.

Last edited:
Thanks, the redness is really minor to the point where i can barely notice and i did have some hives and the swelling seems to also be minor. There is no pain outside of it as I feel the cocaine would have worn off by now. There is just a lump, visible, hardly but you can also feel it. I will wait until tmrw to see if it gets any worse. No pain to any sort of touch. I don't feel an ER visit is needed becauase I'm only really worried about it abscessing, which I heard is a "common" thing if you miss with cocaine.It has been 5 hours, no bruising or so it seems from it, but my arm feels odd, maybe psychosomatic. Again no pain from any touch, thanks for the advice I will post again tmrw to let you guys know what happened/what I did. This is my first miss from cocaine.

Well it does seem to be getting better. Just woke up and you can see a bruise want to form, probably under the skin. It is still swollen some less than yesterday but a hot compress helps a lot. It does seem sore to the touch but nothing out of the ordinary, no pain down my arm or numbness. I did take 600mg of ibuprophen to help with the swelling. Going to start my day and I believe this should be okay, I will post an update later or tmrw when I have one.

can anyone tell me if it ok to rock up hydromorphone and smoke it or IM or IV, i have tried to mix 1 8mg tab of hydromorphone with water in a small spoon but i could not draw up the mix into my tiny needle,i tried using cotton from a q-tip but still could not draw it up into the needle,anyone who could help me with this,i would be thankful, today i crush up 1 8mg tab and put it on a spoon then added baking soda and heated it til a a couple of bubbles formed then i would stop, i did this serveral time and now i have it in rock form and im going to try smoking it, some how i dont think this will work,but in about ten minutes it will be nice and dry and in rock form,im going to roll a smoke with a paper and add the rock to it,as i have no crack pipe,any one with any info about hydromorphone and how to get a better high from it please help me, i have vasculitis,thats where my veins get inflamed from the inside of the blood vessel,i swell up alot, but fot the last six months i have been good,thank god,but snorting no longer gives me that high,any help on any thing to do on how to get high with hydromorphone,i would very thankful,

^^^

No. Do not smoke pills, man. You'll waste 90% of it and be inhaling tons of nasty binders and pill fillers. That is not a practical or efficient ROA at all for pills.

How do you determine the best angle for inserting the needle? Initially, I was told shallow, but my veins are deep, palpating they feel like a valley in my hand. Any time I go to do it, I'm told to increase the angle, which I'm still finding difficult as when I practiced on plastic, it was the opposite.

^^

Trial and error, really. Deeper veins demand a deeper angle. The basic starting angle, the average one that achieves success for most veins, is around 15-20 degrees. Shallow veins in the hand and what not, sometimes you have to go in almost parallel, while deeper veins in the upper forearms and bicep, sometimes require more like a 30-40 degree angle. See what works for you and your veins. For the most part though, with a steady hand, the proper sized syringe, and a fresh one, going in at around 15 degrees, a slight angle, will tag a vein. You ever get blood drawn at a hospital/doctor? That's the angle they use.

I only slam my two main crook veins and they have never done me wrong. I use a one inch 25 gauge needle and it is ideal and much better to use for my doses. As for the angle, it's hard to "pinpoint" here but I go at a slight angle that is almost parallel but slanted enough to gain depth as I push it in and i can feel my vein take the needle as it is opened. That is when you will feel much more room as the needle is in a wet and large vein. I take about 3/4 of the inch needle into my vein as I'm pushing off every last drop. I personally prefer an inch since it gives more shaft then just half. I like seeing it deep inside, I am a weird fuck, but it just looks hot. Then I love pushing off with a 25 gauge since it's thicker and would be hard to manage with an insulin barrel an d needle. That is my case, and when you slam more than a 1cc can take, then you do need thicker needle and 3mL barrel. It spices shit up, I tell ya.

Thanks, I'm saving my arms for an emergency, and am supposed to go with my hands for the schedules doses. I'm using a 25 gauge butterfly needle and a 20 mL syringe.

Dude we don't use SWIM here, everybody knows it's you that slammed it. Get a kayak swimming sucks

SWIM is what the pussies at DF say. No offense, Jake. Just be straight to the point and you will get much more repect that way.

Wrist and hand veins hurt more than arms. He tried the wrist a dozen times and nothing registered. Finally got his elbow veins to show, but took the needle out too soon and now they're nowhere to be found. -_-

What do you mean at this point?

hand an d wrist veins are weak. I need my arms filled since those veins are made for the needle.

I like seeing it deep inside, I am a weird fuck, but it just looks hot.

lol I also need to figure out how to get more of that feeling. I'm about 50/50 now whether or not I end up totally white. Having the needle doesn't bother me, but looking at it in does.

Status
Not open for further replies.