• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stuff I have is meant to be infused, so no worries about filtering. Otherwise I would!

I have a abcess like bump that is not an abcess? Help?

Sorry If posted wrong

I have gotten abcesses before and know what they are. I remember asking my doctor if the half a penny size squishy bump on the crook off my elbow is an abcess too....he replied no it is just scar tissue or knotted veins of such. This was 4 years ago. I try to not use it but its solo easy to hit. Sometimes if I can't hit anything I will inject into the small bump and register immediately, and never miss. Though I believe this bump was originally a miss.

I feel like every time i shoot into jt IT NEVER MISSES, but some liquid or air does not fully get into the BS, making this bump the same size or bigger (only bigger right after and the days following said abuse. They then go back down to the small reddish-purple bump.

I have been trying to stop but after having a bump that has been abused and around for like 2 years....will this ever go away?
Or will this be a constant reminder/and a self conscious issue being a big beach and boat guy.

I sadly have vitiligo, a disorder where some skin or scarred skin will not grow back regular pigment just non pigmented (albino). So all my bad tracks are permenately white scars, even though they healed they have no pigment. SUCKS...but i have come to terms with that. And though I have tried for tears to quit doing heroin, I am now committed to sobriety, yet if I relapse i will only insufflate since I find it a little more warm longer and easy to control nods, though no rush...which is what drained my bank account, lost my fiancé, and job. So for 4 years got 5 days clean, 6th day relapse, one day clean, two day relapse, five day clean...i swear that exact pattern for little over 2 years (Im 26 and used opiates since 8th grade, but once i got real bad speedballs and doing 2-3 grams of good East Coast powder a day. Sorry for the ramble, just saying...i dunno

Any help appreciated.

took a bunch of benzos after decided to buy and IV a half bag of coke and a half bag of cope (even though i took .5-1mg of dupe 8 hours before insufflated to take care of W/D, it did not really do much. So i took 2mg of xanax 30mg of valium and .05mg of clonidine and a half benadryl to potentiate as well as one cold beer. So I don't really know why I posted all that useless shit (kinda like I'm doing now) cuz when i do coke without getting jammed i get anxious and manic, so i apologize for the uselessness of last post, and the length of this

Just wanna know about the bump, try to upload a picture.

Sounds like you already know what it is.. you already said it yourself.. it's scar tissue and just the general lump that forms from hitting the same spot over and over again for years.

You can avoid that by rotating your IV sites more often.. eventually that vein will collapse entirely, but either way, now that you've abused that area so bad, you're gonna have that nasty lump of a scar for life most likely.

Gonna move this to the IV complications mega.

URGENT: Bad IM Shot!! 3-MeO-PCP. Can hardly walk 4 days later! But thigh looks fine!?

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!

I'm writing this for my best friend, she panicked and bad with writing English. We are sooooooo grateful for a community like this to help us. but this could still be very bad. She needs help BAD. I wasn't present for ALL of this stuff, but got all the details from her and others.

**TL;DR**
Friend tried 3-MeO-PCP IM using thigh (vastus lateralis) almost 4 1/2 days ago. No major visual/superficial issues obviously visible, just some red dots and stuff from various IM pokes recently (not really hot I don't think either, but obviously tender/painful to her when touched). At this point, though VERY slight improvement might have occurred since 4 days ago (Sat morn when she woke up), she can still hardly bear weight on the leg without support, or limping. We have researched, but there are several complicating factors. This is super urgent, since of the possibilities we've been reading about are pretty scary - but so is going to the American hospital with no insurance if this forum can make it uneccesary. Please help her, thank you so much. I have lurked a long time but finally a nearly-sister friend needs help. I promise to give back any knowledge, I believe in karma and doing the right thing. Everyone loves there legs, and not seeing their friend's get surgeried off. Thanks for your answers!

**THE STORY**
She IMed 3-MeO-PCP (we THINK it was 3-meo, but more on that below) into left thigh for about the 2nd time that night. One recent IM shot these past few days burned her thigh muscle inside like hell at least acutely - might've accidentally been MDAI or ethylphenidate or a combo in barrel, and not the ket analogue - but she's not sure that that mishap Friday night or a prior night, so could be inconsequential. Anyway, so she says she up with extreme soreness/pain in thing. It is 4 days later about exactly now, and she STILL can't bear much weight on the leg. I or she will update later if it's different. As of this afternoon, it felt a lot better apparently, and she looked much better (but I think both are from her refilling her Suboxone after being out of it since Friday night - and so she was in withdrawals the past 2 days starting right when the thigh/IM issue started... But now all w/d are gone and the thigh pain continues, just not QUITE as bad... ).

**WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE**
So she doesn't remember how it felt immedietly, or much from the first day or so of soreness, because of the intoxication and the opiate withdrawals, respectively/consecutively. But now there's just SOME redness MAYBE. There are a few red dots from where the needles went in (or maybe they're just pimples?) but she's been IMing a lot I get the sense, especially in both thighs (and deltoids). It could just be IM thigh track marks, and even so, it'd go unnoticed by almost anyone but people with super-DEA-vision goggles on. So I assume the no visual symptoms / hotness / etc. might be a good sign?

*OUR HYPOTHESIS BASED ON RESEARCH**
(GOOGLE + MEDICAL SITES + HARM-REDUCTION SITES + TFSE + TFSE ELSEWHERE)
I'm a good researcher, but she isn't... And a these are just educated guesses/diagnoses (even though we spent several hours trying to get a handle on this and to explain it best we could to you before risking so much at the hospital, so take a grain of salt). Also please no one say: "risking so much at hospital? you are risking losing your leg!" that'd make her cry haha.

Hypothesis #1: Tissue Irritation, caused by her repeated use of the same site/region over several weeks near-daily. She was switching around sites and stuff, but using a lot in general overall, so it added up. ALSO her needles are old and blunted from 28 gauge, 1cc, 1” syringes (and very often nothing's sterile sadly that she's using, from solution to drug to paraphenalia), so maybe tiny itsy bitsy fragments of the needle broke off. Which leads into the next idea...I think?

Hypothesis #2: Sterile Abscess?

Hypothesis #3: Maybe she missed the shot and the solution went somewhere other than the muscle (not sure where though, I don't know the scales or too much detail with these anatomical diagrams, even got good old Gray's out, but still... Though she did outline (using a pen) the proper region/square for the vatus lateralis on both her legs, but she's very very slender - no meat on her & tiny muscles. (Has had semi eating issues recently, even lost 20lbs in less than 2 weeks at beginning of this month, but she's pulling back up now it seems(?), and still barely in her healthy BMI range..BARELY). Point being, smaller muscles, smaller targets for IM shots to hit.

**SOME OF HER IDEAS**
(Take with my grain of salt and a few extras too, please... Though maybe I just like to tease her too much heh)

1. Hit lymphatic system
2. Hit nerve

Generically mentioned ideas we found online too for people in similar situations (couldn't find any that were the same as this, even with Ketamine or Steroids):
1. Abscess
2. Ulcer
3. Some infection
4. Something really bad...
5. Something hopefully not really bad...

Help her! Should she go to the hospital and eat at LEAST bills and possible legal/school/life/forever issues (immigration shit...)?? Anything that can help her, she reads fine, she has this link. Thank you so much, and spread love to all, friends.

There is nothing we can do to help you on an internet forum.. if her leg is so bad she can't even put pressure on it, and 4 days after injection, then she has a serious problem. She should have gone to the ER 2 days ago. Either way, go now. While you're sitting around reading about complications on the internet, they are actually happening. None of us can diagnose and cure you from behind our computers.. get her to the ER. Who cares if you don't have insurance? The ER has to treat you, whether you have insurance or not. Is a little inconvenience worth losing your leg over..? Smarten up.

I am horrified at the thought of using non-sterile, used equipment to IM into deep muscle tissue. This is highly inadvisable. If she has an infection or abscess medical attention is definitely needed.

Take her to the fucking ER. There is nothing else to be said about this.

I have been shooting for 7 years and I have been shooting suboxone for a while now. I have recently been hitting a vein right on top of my hand and its been a good one. I haven't missed a single shot in it over the past 2 weeks. The actual vein itself seems to be fine, the problem is when I hit it now it is making my arm sore a few inches past my wrist. The top of my hand has swelled a little too. I have had the same thing happen when hitting in my foot. I will have a little pain in my leg. Its like the dope is coming out on its way to my heart. I have no clue why this is. I would really like to hear what you guys have to say about this. I also have another question. I found some goof veins just to the left of the cook in my arm on the backside of my forearm. I hit there for a few days and I missed one day. I rubbed it out and figured it would be like any other miss. It turned red while it absorbed and eventually healed right up. But now there is a big ass knot under the skin. I don't think its scare tissue bc I only hit there probable 5 times. And its not abcess bc its not red at all and its doesn't hurt, its just there. And its pretty damn big. Any ideas and that would be awesome too.

No problem at all. The typical treatment for such things is advil, alternating hot and cold compresses to increase circulation and drainage in the affected area, and pressure compression with an ace bandage or whatnot. Glad to help anytime!

The last few times I've tried, my vein has vanished before my eyes right when I get ready to insert the needle, so I lost which way to angle it and end up right beside the vein. Does this happen to anyone else? Any way to prevent it? I'm not lifting my hand above my heart or anything like that, I think it's all nerves.

in need of help,how to IV

can anyone tell me what is better,i get 224 8mg pills,i give 70 of them to my girlfriend leaving me with 154 8mg hydromorphone pills that i crush up and snort,i been on these for over 4 years now, my girlfriend can get high off of one or 1 1/2 pills just by eating them,but not me i can eat 5 and still no buzz and im scare if i take any more than 5 i might overdose,so that leaves me with snorting 4 at a time,i use to use less and be more high but now i use more and dont hardly get high at all,i tried plugging for the first time last night and felt nothing,so to me that was a waste of 4 pills,i want to try injecting into the vein,but im scared to and dont know how,and reading this thread just makes me more scare to try,if i fuck up there could be very bad complacations,but that all im left with is to try IVing the pills,i dont know how to mix up the pills and i dont know what a micro filter is or how to buy them,i have needles that i use to inject a medacating for small vessel vasculitis,that is a condition that makes mt blood vessels swell up,and i can get so bad that my feet,legs hands,arms and face get so swelled i cant walk or hardly move from the pain is so bad,thats why i take the special medacation to stop my veins from swelling,all i do is fill the small needle and push it into my arm just under the skin and my body absorbed it,so i have never had to use a needle for anything else,but i would like to know how to inject the hydromorphone ans see if i get high that way, when im in the hospital and they shoot a 4mg shot of hydromorphone in to my vein i get high allmost instant,so what can i do with my 8mg hydromorphone pills,snorting dont work,eating them dont work, so that leaves me with injecting(IV) or injecting into the muscle,(IM)or smoking it,so what would anyone suggest,if it can be smoked can anyone tell me how to get it ready to smoke,i dont think u can smoke it tho,so that leaves me with (IV) or (IM)so any help would be awesome,and id be very thankful for the help,,,..

Someone being treated in the same clinic as me had to switch from a IV med to a SC one due to complications, and vasculitis was involved. I don't know all the details, as all I know came from our conversation while in the waiting room, but that was with stuff that was meant to be IVed. I think IVing stuff that isn't meant to be would be a very bad idea for someone with vasculitis.

So I've been a iv h user for about 2 years now, and all of a sudden this new batch that i just picked up is making me really really sick. I'm basically vommitting non stop and can't keep any foods down/ barely even make it to the bathroom. I would just stop using but the problem is then i get dope sick and that sucks just as bad. I filtered the shots twice through cotton and its not cotton fever my head is pretty ok. and my rig is always sterile. any ideas on what this could be?

So I've been a iv h user for about 2 years now, and all of a sudden this new batch that i just picked up is making me really really sick. I'm basically vommitting non stop and can't keep any foods down/ barely even make it to the bathroom. I would just stop using but the problem is then i get dope sick and that sucks just as bad. I filtered the shots twice through cotton and its not cotton fever my head is pretty ok. and my rig is always sterile. any ideas on what this could be?
I've had dope like that a handful of times in my life...It was fairly strong, and definitely had heroin or some other potent opioid in it, but made everyone who used it feel very ill and throw up, in addition to the regular opioid effects...and I understand how frustrating it is to get stuck with a bunch of it, because it does "get you high"... But, anything that's making you that sick should be flushed immediately! Find another batch from another source, is your best bet!

Edit:and we really can't speculate on this, so please don't make us have to start UAing posts.

^^

Yeah this. Some dope is just bad, and it could be from a multitude of reasons, cut, contamination, etc. Impossible to know. I've had shit like that too and the only solution is to stop getting it and buy something else. It only happens once in a blue moon for me, but still, it's one of (the many) good reasons to have more than one source. You never know when something is going to come up and if you don't have any other options, you're screwed. So make those connections before something happens and you're in a tight spot. That's about the only advice I can give ya.

howdy, i am reading this thread and while I did a shot that went in i missed some, and now the site is numb and I have massaged it with warm rags and then used cold for a total of an hour. I'm not sure how much I missed because when I noticed it pop up i drew some back and blood came out and then finished it off with no more added lumping. All I have heard is that intermuscular is really bad. This was about 2 hours ago, how long should I wait before I take this more seriously? and about how long should it take to go down?

Status
Not open for further replies.