• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

I intended on taking my flood this month but now that the time is here I'm starting to get anxiety about it. I can have it here within two weeks whenever I finally do request it. My friend is having similar thoughts about it too I think but he doesn't want to talk to me about it. I'm excited to flood and hope to recover fully but the three days of waking dreams has me spooked especially with a sitter there to see me going crazy. I think this may be a harder thing for introverts/private people to commit to taking. I wish I could do it without a sitter I think that would remove a lot of the anxiety. I wish I could at least get a sitter that has gone through the experience before. A clinic is out of the question for me because I simply can't afford the trip/clinic at this time.

TA extract keeps well, correct? I'm thinking about just getting a few doses in to sit on until I feel the time is right.

Well it did last 3 days for me which is probably what you're basing that on, I will say that most reports I've read have it lasting much shorter than that, maybe it has to do with metabolic factors because I've also read of other experiences that were very long.

Yeah I believe it all keeps well. Not 100% sure of that but never heard of degradation issues.

I've been thinking of getting some more TA extract and maybe not doing a full flood, but having a moderately heavy experience. Having done it before, it doesn't make me nervous at all. Iboga is powerful, but not fearful. I was scared shitless before I did it but I didn't find the experience terrifying at all.

A sitter is important. Doesn't have to be experienced, but does have to be someone who can keep an eye on you and react if need be. I didn't need any medical help or anything, I just needed someone to prevent me from going outside and looking at my phone and email when I started coming out of it but was still in no position to function normally.

HeadphonesandLSD:

Yeah I was extremely nervous about taking my flood dose. I waited about 3 days into withdrawal while taking very small amounts to help before the flood. Then I just knew the time was right and took my flood (800mg ibogaine and 800mg of TA extract). It was not scary at all after dosing, it was really cool! With high doses like that, you're basically sedated anyway, so you just kind of lay there and hang out, having wild dreams. It literally sucks the fear right out of you, at least that's what it felt like for me.

I didnt have a dedicated sitter, but my roomates knew what I was doing and popped in for a second. A sitter couldn't have really done anything for me anyway. I had about 10 litres of coconut water, some fresh fruit, and a puke/piss bucket next to my bed. That's all you need honestly. Not really possible to walk or do anything but lie in bed, trip out, and heal.

I definitely recommend having loads of coconut water throughout the experience as it has everything you need... electrolytes, carbs, and minerals (mainly potassium, to help with the heart issues).

Yeah when I say sitter, I mean someone to keep an eye on you, and be there the whole time. Someone should take your HR/BP for the first 12 hours, periodically, if possible. The only time I REALLY needed it was on the third day, when I got up and started moving around. I thought I was mostly coherent but dreams were overlaying my waking reality and I went outside, talked to my neighbor, maybe drove, wrote an email to my boss... I really can't tell which of those things actually happened except the email, which definitely really happened. Had someone been around, they could have gently reminded me I was on ibogaine and led me to a chair or something.

I have been micro / low-dosing this at 6.5 months clean today. For a few days now, both the TA extract, and pure Ibogaine. I have been sitting on this stuff for ages. I plan on continue to do this.

It is wonderfull material. Helped snap me out of a depression. I wasn't getting out of bed, didn't want to do anything. I've been busy as a bee on the stuff.

This one makes it hard for me to dislike myself. I feel that my energy has changed and that it could be highly constructive. I feel that I have regained my self confidence after a lot of trauma. Sometimes it makes me go to sleep and I feel like it is rewiring my brain in a way. I have been re-living my experience with my one long term relationship that did not end well. I recognize I am traumatized by that a little and I haven't given myself a chance to be happy since. And that I am only really processing it now, years later, as I was in and out of withdrawal for so long there was one thing on my mind - dope.

I also find it enhances athletic performance and is very stimulating. It is excellent since I am having issues with concentration and managing my life in general. This feels like it absolutely treats ADHD, problems like that. I am glad I saved it for post-acute withdrawal as it is far, miserably, horribly worse than the first few weeks of physical torture. This has been way worse. Working out the dose is hard due to the accumulution, I can feel a light dose for days.

I feel that I have a different attitude towards myself and my life situation. I wonder, if it will continue to work. If anything I could be taking lower doses. Glad I stocked this so many years back I wouldn't really know where to get it anymore. Microdosing in post-acute withdrawal seems like sacred medicine so far. I will have to watch the accumulation and probably will end up tripping at some point.

That's so great Shroomy. :) I've been wanting to low dose this myself. It was actually marketed as a stimulant in very low, I think 8mg IIRC, doses, in I think France or something, in the early/mid 1900s.

But yeah it's long-lasting and the noribogaine lasts even longer so it builds up. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: iboga is powerful medicine.

Super cool this has been working for you ShroomySatori and awesome you've been clean 6.5 months now. Congrats on that. I have to say that even over the thin data connection of some text on this little forum on my screen, you seem like you're doing better right now than some months back. Keep it up man.

TIt was actually marketed as a stimulant in very low, I think 8mg IIRC, doses, in I think France or something, in the early/mid 1900s.

Thats really interesting.

edit... just saw your post perpetual down as I posted this. Thanks for the encouragement. Some months back I started experiencing opiate PAWS symptoms really bad, had issues before I started using them that I have to deal with. Xorkoth, you should try micro or low dosing it would probably leave you with a lasting glow. did you write a trip report on your Ibogaine? Actually, I should read through this whole thread. I am fascinated by this compound and how it is helping me not just with paws symptoms but with much deeper psychological issues, it seems - and also acting as a cognitive enhancer, or nootropic I would go as far to say. Also it is enhancing my athletic performance, most likely through awareness, and this is good for my chronic back pain and repairing my brain.

I read that too, about how it was marketed as a stimulant in France. Probably as an aphrodisiac too, at that dose. Also, used spiritually by African tribes and as a coming of age ritual. I think the history of Ibogaine would be really interesting in general, how it came to be used in Africa and then France and maybe other parts of Europe.

It is amazing stuff and only getting better as I keep taking more. Took my highest dose yet today, I can feel it building up. I feel like myself again, after a journey through rough times. Like waking up. I feel like how I felt when I was maybe 21, like a decade ago, before I really started to abuse heavier stuff than weed and some booze. I somehow feel renewed, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

For the first time since quitting opiates like really Quitting this time, I no longer feel that I have anhedonia or a lack of motivation. I no longer feel that I have confidence issues with my career. I know that I have a lot of work to get there, but I know I can do it. I've applied to like two jobs all year. Before Ibogaine I was so damn depressed in post-acute withdrawal it was worse than the fucking acute withdrawal. Cycling between depression, insomnia, panic attacks... the energy has changed. I feel like getting out on my bike and enjoying the beautiful scenery through the trails, watching the teams play soccer and baseball as I ride by. Enjoying the sunset. Smoking way less weed, and making an occasion of it, doing something other than just being stoned and thinking philosophical thoughts that get me nowhere. Developing, naturally, a healthier relationship with the cannabis plant. No issues sticking to an etizolam taper yet, when interdose withdrawals hit I am usually stoned and with the Ibogaine now I find that I can generally keep busy except for the last hour when it becomes a lot to handle.

I am using a combination of TA extract and (relatively pure, extracted) Ibogaine. I am getting into old hobbies, and reading well first of all reading to begin with, but at a very fast and engaged pace. I feel like it can treat adult ADHD really well, which I'm pretty certain I might have. It really helps me to remain calm and collected while stimulating my mind and allowing me to actually focus on something for more than 10 minutes without getting bored or depressed.

I will continue to take this so long as I benefit from it. Does it have open-eye visuals when you start to trip harder by the way? The way I am experiencing reality has changed, and my thought processes... it feels more like I'm dreaming awake. It feels somehow dissociative. And so much motivation. I'm picking up a second language for sure... where I left off before I started getting high way too much.

Last edited:
That's fantastic, man. :) Iboga in a flood dose basically felt like it separated my life into two parts, pre-iboga and post-iboga... it seemed to do its work on a deeply subconscious/behavioral level. It was just like... before it, I was in the depths of misery... I felt like I would never get back to who I was, I felt powerless and scared. After iboga, for some reason it just all came back to me. The way I was before everything eventually crushed me into a little ball. It was like waking back up, and it's never left me. I suggest that you take this time to make any changes in your life that you think you need to do, while you feel enabled and good. That way you can make these changes permanent. I'm excited for you, man. Seize the opportunity. <3

I have been micro / low-dosing this at 6.5 months clean today. For a few days now, both the TA extract, and pure Ibogaine. I have been sitting on this stuff for ages. I plan on continue to do this.

It is wonderfull material. Helped snap me out of a depression. I wasn't getting out of bed, didn't want to do anything. I've been busy as a bee on the stuff.

This one makes it hard for me to dislike myself. I feel that my energy has changed and that it could be highly constructive. I feel that I have regained my self confidence after a lot of trauma. Sometimes it makes me go to sleep and I feel like it is rewiring my brain in a way. I have been re-living my experience with my one long term relationship that did not end well. I recognize I am traumatized by that a little and I haven't given myself a chance to be happy since. And that I am only really processing it now, years later, as I was in and out of withdrawal for so long there was one thing on my mind - dope.

I also find it enhances athletic performance and is very stimulating. It is excellent since I am having issues with concentration and managing my life in general. This feels like it absolutely treats ADHD, problems like that. I am glad I saved it for post-acute withdrawal as it is far, miserably, horribly worse than the first few weeks of physical torture. This has been way worse. Working out the dose is hard due to the accumulution, I can feel a light dose for days.

I feel that I have a different attitude towards myself and my life situation. I wonder, if it will continue to work. If anything I could be taking lower doses. Glad I stocked this so many years back I wouldn't really know where to get it anymore. Microdosing in post-acute withdrawal seems like sacred medicine so far. I will have to watch the accumulation and probably will end up tripping at some point.
can you provide what is dosage? and how often do you take it? do you mix TA extract and pure ibogaine?

50mg Ibogaine right now, still experimenting unchartered territory but at least that amount. Also, every three or so days I will take 100 to 200mg of the total alkaloid extract.

Yesterday I didn't take any and had a noticeably worse day in terms of my energy in general, but the day was great having a pleasant evening working with a cute curly-haired brunette fox. However, I wasn't flying through pages of my book, or all that focused, and I was more overly emotional.

Xorkoth, how it was marketed in France is super cool eh. I would love some vintage Ibogaine pills; mine hasn't degraded in the near-decade I've had it. Almost like having those vintage heroin pills, I wonder how many of those are still in existence. Man, I feel like it is my personality as a whole that is changing. If I lifted the withdrawal symptoms I still have so many problems but I just feel like I don't. Or that I might but they don't have to hold me back. This plant is full of wisdom, it is unbelievable. I don't know if I can go through life without having experienced a heavy flood dose, but that just isn't in the cars right now. There is too much uncertainty, I'm volatile from years of opiate abuse. I'd like a flood dose to tie up loose ends for me.

Last edited:
50mg Ibogaine right now, still experimenting unchartered territory but at least that amount. Also, every three or so days I will take 100 to 200mg of the total alkaloid extract.

Yesterday I didn't take any and had a noticeably worse day in terms of my energy in general, but the day was great having a pleasant evening working with a cute curly-haired brunette fox. However, I wasn't flying through pages of my book, or all that focused, and I was more overly emotional.

Xorkoth, how it was marketed in France is super cool eh. I would love some vintage Ibogaine pills; mine hasn't degraded in the near-decade I've had it. Almost like having those vintage heroin pills, I wonder how many of those are still in existence. Man, I feel like it is my personality as a whole that is changing. If I lifted the withdrawal symptoms I still have so many problems but I just feel like I don't. Or that I might but they don't have to hold me back. This plant is full of wisdom, it is unbelievable. I don't know if I can go through life without having experienced a heavy flood dose, but that just isn't in the cars right now. There is too much uncertainty, I'm volatile from years of opiate abuse. I'd like a flood dose to tie up loose ends for me.

As a long-term, chronically relapsing, hardcore IV heroin addict currently on MMT @ 115mg, your experience is mind-blowingly intriguing. I've read that I'd have to come off the methadone first, which is scary as fuck because the last time I went down to 70mg I was right back to using. However, I'd love to be able to give Ibogaine a shot one day, perhaps in the way you've taken it. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be years before I can even consider it. Still, thanks for posting.

It's recommended to actually switch to a short-acting opiate if you're on methadone or suboxone, such as codeine or, ideally, kratom, until you're on that one instead, and the flood dose will have a better chance of success. The low doses will only mildly mask withdrawal. Shroomy has been totally off opiates for like 6 months, so it's helping him with PAWS. I was on opiates when I did ibogaine... I had been doing poppy tea for years, which is very long-lasting, and I stopped it and dosed kratom just enough to stave off withdrawals before doing it. No opiates the day I did it (it's dangerous to combine with opiates). I was withdrawing, and once it hit I stopped withdrawing. Then I had a 3-day dream-like experience and took a smaller follow-up dose on day 6, and the next day felt like a new life. I've never touched an opiate since nor have I wanted to.

collective_vision that is the type of vision this substance is helping me see. I feel like a being of light. I took 150mg yesterday and 20mg today and plan on taking a little more soon. These are great doses for microdoses pushing past the stimulation point where you can begin to explore your own mind. I have been experiencing odd memory recall. I feel at peace, although I am in moderate etizolam withdrawals. I already got out on my bike today. This stuff is helping me keep productive and speed up untying the knots of post-acute withdrawal among other things such as revealing thoughts and habitual tendencies as welll as aversions.
Best of luck I'd consider trying it.

For future reference, I already went through and saved every single link in the PD Index, which includes all B&D threads. :) But again, thank you thank you thank you for your help. <3 You, sir, are both a gentleman and a scholar.

I've been wanting to try some Iboga RB for microdosing. Damn canadians don't wanna send here, not too keen on the NL, Uk maybe, probably Africa though.

Hi, just took my second flood dose a few minutes ago. I will report back in 48-76 hours if all goes well. 1g ibogaine and 1g TA extract.

Oh wow, good luck man! I want to do a second flood some day. :)