• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

I saw that concern and read about the various plants in my research. Both species (the one I mistakenly mentioned the vendor also carries) and the one I have the other poster has are both known to contain ibogaloid compounds and have been safely used while there are definitely toxic risks as there also are with ibogaine. That said there should be some info on either being used orally rather then as eyedrops. Again I don't have an eyedrop solition, but a resin paste meant for ingestion for the ibogaloid compounds. I know it is safe to use orally, but that there are legitimate risks, which is why I'm looking for real answer as I am really hoping it could be used as an alternative to ibogaine for issues with deoendency even if it lacks any psychedelic and/or visionary effects. Even just a description of what possible effects to expect. The vendor mentioned they had bodyload for 3 days from 3 grams, but no idea of what point to expect effects. Anyways... I know I'm a bit frustrating, but I do appreciate any help or advice on the subject. I'd get ibogaine or a TA extract if I could, but I'm not hip on those sources.

I'm planning on microdosing iboga bark to stop my nicotine addiction. My plan is taking 0,5 g per day initially, later every second or third day.

Even though I've searched, I haven't found conclusive answers to the following questions. Hope someone may have some answers.

1. Do I need to get an ECG to check for any QT abnormalities? (My liver values and BP are fine, quite fit generally, been using nicotine for about 38 years.)

2. How will it effect my intake of psychedelics? From what I've read iboga will potentiate psychedelics, but by how much and for how long? Any difference between tryptamines, phenethylamines and ergolines?

I do think I should wait about 3 month after my last dose to take MDMA or any stimulant.

3. For how long should I take it? Or how much should I take in total? I've got 19 g of good quality bark. I realize this probably is very individual, but please do share your own experience if you have one.
Any other suggestions are very welcome.

I'm going to pull the trigger on ordering Ibogaine soon. My plan right now is to get a gram of Ibogaine HCL and a gram of Iboga TA. I want to take a small dose a few hours before flooding to check for bad reactions, then flood with a mix of both, then maybe have some left over afterwards to take a week or two after my flood. Does this sound like enough material for all of that or should I order 2 grams of one or both?

Ideally I'd like to get 3-5 grams of both to have on hand at all times but this stuff is pretty expensive. I just want to make sure a gram of each is going to get me where I want to go for the flood. Would it be wise to skip the HCL and just get 2-3 grams of the TA instead? People seem to get more lasting effects from the TA in the trip reports I've read. My goal with using this is to treat myself for opioid and poly-drug abuse. Opioids and nicotine are the main substances I'm hoping to overcome with my flood.

How many days should I stop taking kratom before undertaking the flood dose? Would three days be long enough or should I shoot for a week? I'm worried I'll talk myself into taking kratom right up until the day before. Maybe fasting during withdrawal while locking myself in the house would be a good idea? Should I switch to another opioid instead of kratom in the week leading up to the flood? Perhaps switch to low-dose oxycodone/hydrocodone for the week before just to be sure I'm not withdrawal from other things in kratom?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm only getting one shot at this and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I've got a sitter for the first 48 hours and I'm having my heart checked out in two weeks by a doctor. My heart has been strong every time I've had it checked but I'm coming up on 20 years smoking so I want to be sure.

I'm planning on microdosing iboga bark to stop my nicotine addiction. My plan is taking 0,5 g per day initially, later every second or third day.
I've only tried it once, had some good quality rootbark and made capsules with maybe 300mg each. The first and the second had seemingly no effect, so with 2 hours in between I took a third and soon after it hit me. I didn't want to microdose but to get a feeling for the substance in general. The first impression was nice, had a dissociative signature not completely unlike DXM but as time progressed things got weird. A dysphoric trippy feeling came in waves and made me feel somehow emotionally naked, I happened to be in public because I didn't expect such a strong change and that was a mistake but as I have done various lower dosed chems I still think it was something special about it. It wasn't exactly anxiety, more remotely similar to the inversion of opioid effects (like what you get from naloxone but much, much less intense and purely mental). Now that I think about I might indeed have had some rests of morphine metabolites in my body, this isn't recommended but because of potentiation, antagonism of opioids isn't physically dangerous.

Still very curious about the plant / chemical and would love to participate in a therapy session but the price is way out of my possibilities. What irony, that is because of fucking health insurance decided to ruin me. So well they'll have to pay much more for opioid maintenance (here around 1200$ per month) without end and all the other health complications instead of paying once 4000$ but honestly I think it's overpriced. This pricing is similar to inpatient psychiatry where just nobody can understand how it can cost so much when they don't have the money for any even just average food. There is one doc for 10 people, maybe 2 nurses and no need for any expensive gear. Afaik they pay like 2.50/meal and indivdual. First month of psychiatry in Switzerland is more than 30.000 and other EU countries are similar.

Is there any chance that you could do ibogaine alone? If the trip mainly consists of introspection and dream-like states it sounds possible but I wouldn't want to do a psychedelic alone again. I wouldn't care if I'd just pass out and die from heart arrythmias but guess things don't work that way.

I'm going to pull the trigger on ordering Ibogaine soon. My plan right now is to get a gram of Ibogaine HCL and a gram of Iboga TA. I want to take a small dose a few hours before flooding to check for bad reactions, then flood with a mix of both, then maybe have some left over afterwards to take a week or two after my flood. Does this sound like enough material for all of that or should I order 2 grams of one or both?

Ideally I'd like to get 3-5 grams of both to have on hand at all times but this stuff is pretty expensive. I just want to make sure a gram of each is going to get me where I want to go for the flood. Would it be wise to skip the HCL and just get 2-3 grams of the TA instead? People seem to get more lasting effects from the TA in the trip reports I've read. My goal with using this is to treat myself for opioid and poly-drug abuse. Opioids and nicotine are the main substances I'm hoping to overcome with my flood.

How many days should I stop taking kratom before undertaking the flood dose? Would three days be long enough or should I shoot for a week? I'm worried I'll talk myself into taking kratom right up until the day before. Maybe fasting during withdrawal while locking myself in the house would be a good idea? Should I switch to another opioid instead of kratom in the week leading up to the flood? Perhaps switch to low-dose oxycodone/hydrocodone for the week before just to be sure I'm not withdrawal from other things in kratom?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm only getting one shot at this and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I've got a sitter for the first 48 hours and I'm having my heart checked out in two weeks by a doctor. My heart has been strong every time I've had it checked but I'm coming up on 20 years smoking so I want to be sure.

It wors best if you as fully withdraw before going into it as you can. Do your absolute best to be as far along as possible.

You should not do a flood dose alone. You will not be able to behave rationally or rely on yourself to function for up to 3 days, some people it doesn't last that long but for me, it was a full 3 days and nights. You need someone to watch over you to make sure you don't do dumb stuff like I did, going outside and talking to my neighbor about crazy shit, trying to drive, emailing my boss because I thought it was 5 days layer and my brain was broken. I had supervision for a day and a half, we thought it would be enough, but it wasn't. I was dreaming while awake and had no idea what was really going on but I fully thought I did.

a gram of HCl and a gram of TA will get you where you want to me, IME. It's weight-dependent, you want to shoot for 17-20mg/kG. Assuming the TA is 1/2 or less the potemncy of HCL.

Divide the dose like so: 100mg of HCL to start, get a feel, an hour in, take half the remaining amount, then an hour later take the rest. That's what I did anyway.

I feel the TA is important as part of it, the plant contains other major alkaloids which I feel contribute heavily to the experience.

@Xorkoth Did you have PAWS symptoms before, and/or anxiety, inner tension, feelings of emptiness and boredom and how did the ibogaine influence them? Read that some undergo the treatment for purely mental issues like depression or PTSD and the dreamlike introspective part sounds really interesting but as I am experienced with all sorts of drugs - dissociatives help me much with other addictions but cause one themselves, psychedelics can be very positive but don't last - I am sceptical about a one-time trip being able to cause long-term changes, it sounds like too good to be true. During some trips and days after this for sure felt possible but I always faded back to my crippled baseline.

My flood dose changed my life in fundamental ways, I totally reshaped myself in the aftermath. I can divide my life into pre-iboga and post-iboga. No other psychedelic has even touched on being as powerful of a fundamental subconscious altering and profoundly behavioral-altering thing as iboga. Good luck, I hope iot is as profound for you as it was for me. ♥

The resin I have is made from T. Sananho as well, but my plans were to actually ingest it rather then attempt to do eye drops. Have you ever tried using it orally? From what I've read it's less visionary, but has the body load.

I used sananga resin with caapi & p. viridis resins last year.

I was actually on a month long iboga "microdose". I took 30g iboga rb over 4ish weeks. I started drinking full dose caapi after two weeks or so with some of the sananga resin.

I can't really say which did what, but the night I used all the sananga resin I had one of the coolest experiences... I think I used 5-10 grams of resin extract in one night.

if you search "sananga resin extracts" you will find some.

that iboga daily microdose over 30 days changed me (almost) as much as a full dose would have I feel.

It is extremely hard to explain what happened, but it helped me to see and think in different ways that are still with me.

Even though I've searched, I haven't found conclusive answers to the following questions. Hope someone may have some answers.

1. Do I need to get an ECG to check for any QT abnormalities? (My liver values and BP are fine, quite fit generally, been using nicotine for about 38 years.)

2. How will it effect my intake of psychedelics? From what I've read iboga will potentiate psychedelics, but by how much and for how long? Any difference between tryptamines, phenethylamines and ergolines?

I do think I should wait about 3 month after my last dose to take MDMA or any stimulant.

3. For how long should I take it? Or how much should I take in total? I've got 19 g of good quality bark. I realize this probably is very individual, but please do share your own experience if you have one.
Any other suggestions are very welcome.

I dosed Iboga RB daily for about 4 weeks.

I started with 250-300mg doses I belive. Started dosing twice a day once when I woke up, and once later.

I think I kept up the 2 doses daily, and went through 30g. It might have been closer to 35g I don't remember.

I had read about using marijuana and Iboga rb microdoses to get a deep experience somewhere, reddit I think. I had no marijuana tolerance at the time, and smoked with a friend at work one night. I got first time high off a few hits (i've smoked off and on for 15 years). I felt two distinct presences, iboga and marijuana. The marijuana was seen in a way I never have before.

I started smoking again for the duration of my microdosing schedule, and it made the entire experience much much deeper.

two-three weeks in, I started dosing b. caapi resin extract. Added in a bit of p. viridis and sanaga resin as well. There is a bit of info on iboga/aya combinations on dmtnexus if you look around.

I didn't feel the dmt much, but the caapi combined wonderfully with the iboga. Basically a divine masculine (iboga) divine feminine (aya) pair. It was a completely natural, safe, and intuitive feeling combination. I had some really deep experiences with feminine presence.

Totally recomend to anyone and would try again.

Be careful though because it really opens up your higher processing and you might find yourself talking to different versions of yourself, which is totally fine just know when enough is enough. Iboga is definatly a cumulative affect.

There is a lot of good info on dmt nexus for iboga microdosing if you look.

I have been a heavy nicotine addict for most of my life. Now Im 1 year free of it and it´s onle of the best decisions I took in my life. Totally worth it.

There´s an helping plant called Lobelia Inflata. It´s basicaly the natural version of "champix". It costs 6USD a tincture bottle in ebay. Half the bottle was enought to quit my nico addiction (around 25 years smoking). So for the vapers and smokers, try it guys, you will love that. Sublingually it soften/kills the cravings. In 3 days you are nicotine free. It feels like a new life.

Now planning an iboga light microdosing regimen. I would like to start with a soft to light first dose to test the nature of the plant and then just microdosing dayly for 1 or 2 months. Looking for some spiritual reset and maybe slow the pace a bit on dissos. I guess I would do 50% TA and 50% HCL. For the ones that have experience on it, what dosage could be right for the microdosing?. And for a light/medium solo trip?

I would love to flood too but ATM I cant find a tripsitter for 3 days

I have microdosed on TA only, and found 20-25mg a good dose for that. But start lower, another poster (@G_Chem I believe) found only, if I remember correctly, 7-8mg to be plenty.

As for a light/medium solo dose, I am not positive. When I did my flood, on day 6 I did a follow-up dose of 500mg of TA and 100mg of HCl, which is roughly equivalent to 350mg of HCl, and had a very great experience that lasted just one night, and during which I was fully capable of taking care of myself. Of course I was still flooded with noribogaine from the flood so it was probably stronger than it would have been, but I can't say for sure. I did a my microdosing regimen relatively recently and have kept around a gram of TA from it to try a moderate dose of, but haven't done it yet. In ~3 weeks I am going to do a detox retreat with my friend in a cabin in the woods for a month, I have 2 different light/moderate dependencies and an intense compulsion to stimulants to get rid of, and I am thinking of taking the rest in one dose sometime during that month. I'll certainly report back when I do.

I might microdose again soon... I remember my microdose days being kinda fun.

So update since my benzoymorphine taper using microdoses of Ibogaine, I’ve had two tiny 5mg relapses filled with a lot of regret but beyond that I haven’t touched the stuff since...

I’d say it was a major success and now I just gotta do my part to stay away from it.

Again I should reiterate my experience was unique, I’m also on a low dose of Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone) so that may have been one reason microdoses worked well for my particular situation.

Since all that I’ve been able to start lowering my Suboxone dose as well, I’m now back to 1mg when I had worked up to 1.5mg during my months of pain.

-GC

I used sananga resin with caapi & p. viridis resins last year.

I can't really say which did what, but the night I used all the sananga resin I had one of the coolest experiences... I think I used 5-10 grams of resin extract in one night.

if you search "sananga resin extracts" you will find some.

that iboga daily microdose over 30 days changed me (almost) as much as a full dose would have I feel.
So you're saying while you ingested a "sananga" resin that if searched like that could be anything without even being with T. Undulata or T. Sananho that contrasting ibogaine analogs without containing ibogaine? Can you confirm it was at least one of those strains and you orally ingested them?

Edit: I'll add some T. plant species are just toxic rather then having an ibogaine type compounds and shouldn't be ingested. Make sure you know your strain

So you're saying while you ingested a "sananga" resin that if searched like that could be anything without even being with T. Undulata or T. Sananho that contrasting ibogaine analogs without containing ibogaine? Can you confirm it was at least one of those strains and you orally ingested them?

Edit: I'll add some T. plant species are just toxic rather then having an ibogaine type compounds and shouldn't be ingested. Make sure you know your strain

It was either sananho or undulata. Vendor had noth if i recall correctly.

Sounds about right... I have T. Sananho I'm working on getting around to try when I can.

I have microdosed on TA only, and found 20-25mg a good dose for that. But start lower, another poster (@G_Chem I believe) found only, if I remember correctly, 7-8mg to be plenty.

As for a light/medium solo dose, I am not positive. When I did my flood, on day 6 I did a follow-up dose of 500mg of TA and 100mg of HCl, which is roughly equivalent to 350mg of HCl, and had a very great experience that lasted just one night, and during which I was fully capable of taking care of myself. Of course I was still flooded with noribogaine from the flood so it was probably stronger than it would have been, but I can't say for sure. I did a my microdosing regimen relatively recently and have kept around a gram of TA from it to try a moderate dose of, but haven't done it yet. In ~3 weeks I am going to do a detox retreat with my friend in a cabin in the woods for a month, I have 2 different light/moderate dependencies and an intense compulsion to stimulants to get rid of, and I am thinking of taking the rest in one dose sometime during that month. I'll certainly report back when I do.

Ive been seeing some people selling iboga Microdose capsules and it did spark my interest-i see a lot of people looking into it for opiate withdrawal and as a natural anti depressant-how is it as a cognitive/creativity booster

How did the retreat go Xorkoth??

How did the retreat go Xorkoth??

The retreat was awesome actually, I didn't end up microdosing ibogaine, but my friend and I had a really positive experience and I got really healthy for a while and was totally past withdrawals and feeling good. We tripped on mushrooms one day which was great. Unfortunately my cat died literally the day I got back, and it was kinda my girlfriend's fault... it's okay now but I ended up relapsing and then went through opiates, benzos (caught my first little dependence while using benzos to sleep at night during opiate w/d), then used gabapentin and phenibut to get past that, and just recently finished getting off phenibut and I'm basically back to where I was at the end of the cabin retreat, working out every day and feeling pretty good.

Ive been seeing some people selling iboga Microdose capsules and it did spark my interest-i see a lot of people looking into it for opiate withdrawal and as a natural anti depressant-how is it as a cognitive/creativity booster

Ibogaine is a strange substance. Well, the TA extract is stranger than pure ibogaine. When microdosing, I have more intense dreams, and I get a little buzz from it, it's slightly more noticeable than microdosing LSD, but quite different. I also start getting visuals at night, it's this effect where bright edges linger in your vision and scatter away like jagged sticks. It's hard to describe, but the visuals will linger on for days after I stop microdosing. It definitely has an effect on cognition and mood, but it's not really bubbly/euphoric, it's more like thoughtful and kind of raw. At least, that's how the TA is with microdosing. I have never tried microdosing pure ibogaine HCl.

I still have probably 500-1000mg of it. I may try taking a macrodose, but well under flood, with it sometime. Or maybe try microdosing again. Actually it might be a pretty good time to try, seeing as how I've just gotten clear of addictive drugs again.

Also :
I was really intrigued by Iboga when studying shamanistic plants and was excited to see a tryptamine being used among African tribes. I understand it to be a very tolling experience but what are people's take on it as an etheogen/psychedelic and how does it rate alongside other plant "teachers" like Peyote or Ayahiasca. As someone who hasn't been pulled into Opiate abuse (stimulants are my only habit forming vice atm), I'm curious if the experience has much to offer as far as insights into one's self, epiphanies, etc

Interesting info from wiki about it being used as a stimulant in France under the name Lambarene .