• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

Do you have journal access? I won't promote social media but back in the day I found helpful hints and friends (including Jenks) through fb groups. As with anything, politics rules the roost. Most of those guys discourage the diy approach but if you invest time and effort, you will find help from big names in the iboga industry.

do you guys know what Howard Lotsof used himself, or recommended, for dosing? I can't find anything but qualitative data.

Yes...he was a heroin junkie when in 1962 if my memory serves me, he ate 500mg for recreation...came down, and realized he did not need more...ill find a link

Ehhh somewhere on this site (I think) is the story of Lotsof's first trip....I'm still looking for it....it is an chapter on an on-line book.

http://ibogainedossier.com/tours.html

Do you have journal access? I won't promote social media but back in the day I found helpful hints and friends (including Jenks) through fb groups. As with anything, politics rules the roost. Most of those guys discourage the diy approach but if you invest time and effort, you will find help from big names in the iboga industry.

MGS, What is journal access please and how can I a get it? Grateful for pointer...

So if people have arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death after taking ibogaine from a prolonged QT interval and bradycardia (too slow heart rate, insufficient blood pressure), wouldnt it be wise to drink a few cups of coffee and loads of coconut water to maintain a higher blood pressure and heart rate before and during the experience?

There is no situation that coffee isn't good.

Edit: i never found the link re: lotsoff's first trip. Its on a dark website... Not the link above. Ill find it soon.

Ya I mean if peoples hearts slow down too much or stop, then I should PROBABLY take something to keep it going. A time released caffeine pill might be a good idea.

What other cardio stimulants are safe and available?

At first I was thinking of doing the HCl and TA but it might be best just to do the HCl, for safety reasons.

Edit:

"Caffeine has also been shown to induce hypokalemia (low potassium) (Tajima 2010), and may contribute to QT prolongation."

Damn. I better take a look at that article though. Such little time right now...

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm drinking lots of coffee...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3046251/

"In the fully adjusted model, the average differences in QT interval comparing participants drinking ?6 cups/day to those who did not drink any were ?1.2 ms (95% CI ?4.4 to 2.0) for coffee, and ?2.0 ms (?11.2 to 7.3) for tea, respectively. "

So coffee and tea actually SHORTEN the QT interval. That other link was bogus...

edit: those are negative signs where the ? is...

Last edited:
Another article on QT interval changes and caffeine...

"Both systolic and diastolic blood pressure were higher in the hour following the ingestion of CC; the heart rate significantly increased 30 minutes after CC ingestion. A significant increase of the QT duration was observed one hour after DC ingestion (398.9 ± 3.8 vs 405.3 ± 3.7 msec; P < 0.05), not after CC. The QT interval corrected for heart rate did not significantly change following CC or DC ingestion."

this says that decaffeinated coffee increased QT interval, but caffeinated coffee did not, not to mention the desired heart rate and blood pressure increase from caffeinated coffee, if one were to consume ibogaine.

Another article on QT interval changes and caffeine...

"Both systolic and diastolic blood pressure were higher in the hour following the ingestion of CC; the heart rate significantly increased 30 minutes after CC ingestion. A significant increase of the QT duration was observed one hour after DC ingestion (398.9 ± 3.8 vs 405.3 ± 3.7 msec; P < 0.05), not after CC. The QT interval corrected for heart rate did not significantly change following CC or DC ingestion."

this says that decaffeinated coffee increased QT interval, but caffeinated coffee did not, not to mention the desired heart rate and blood pressure increase from caffeinated coffee, if one were to consume ibogaine.

The QT interval corrected for heart rate did not significantly change following CC or DC ingestion

I swear people only see what they want to see. Just from what you've posted the findings look like they're all over the map

Yeah, corrected is a bit different than the observed QT interval. There are at least four different equations used to determine corrected QT from observed QT, at least three of which are a function of the heart rate, which makes sense.

I was thinking of adding coffee and yerba mate to the mix and kind of sip on that throughout the experience. One study showed prolonged QT interval from tea, perhaps because of the L-theanine, so I'll avoid that, even if it is just a millisecond or two.

I have to find info on yerba mate and cardio-activity next...

after reading quite a bit of info, i think im going to wait until withdrawals are mostly over to flood. i hear a better experience, and probably a little safer, too. i flushed all my kratom less than an hour ago.

can anyone get the irc eboka server to work?

just took my flood dose minutes ago. little less than 1g TA and 1g HCl. about 72 hours into kratom withdrawal. will report back if i make it.

may God have mercy on my soul.

May Allah show you your way, other ways, and give you space to make good decisions. Please for the love of life make sure you are listening to the right music. This music is as important as the ibogaine itself with regards to the healing experience. Where are my manors I should have posted this already...these songs are hand selected by me for maximal effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEAWet6qYNw&list=PLftUgMQRym1ddsIxbiyNXQKnF1lXAVyjM

Wow, good luck man! Sending good vibes your way. :)

For me music didn't matter as I was too far submerged into my mind to even hear it. I put on Bwiti music but turns out it turned itself off after about 30 minutes but I don't remember any of it but the first one.

it went great, very long. im going to try and consolidate all my postings in this thread and do a small ibogaine/iboga primer here, more or less. ill put it up high in the thread so when people reply it still makes sense.