View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread - Redosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't overly keen myself, its OK whilst your up and re dosing but I found the comedown very jittery indeed. I agree the after effect of MDMA are much worse in comparison in a number of areas but I always felt MDMA gave the up that was worth the down.

I would not say the same for bk-MDMA but as always YMMV.

I wasn't overly keen myself, its OK whilst your up and re dosing but I found the comedown very jittery indeed. I agree the after effect of MDMA are much worse in comparison in a number of areas but I always felt MDMA gave the up that was worth the down.

I would not say the same for bk-MDMA but as always YMMV.

Oh I agree, MDMA > bk-MDMA all day, and thats primarily because of the research that has been done on MDMA. I know that with proper spacing and usage I won't get some side effect that will creep on me in 10 years. The same I'm afraid can't be said for bk-MDMA : /

ahem. I took about 4 of the blue methylone pokeball telephones in one day last year. in the days after that, I experienced going blind for several minutes, and going deaf for several minutes. the comedown had me feeling ridiculously retarded, the most e-tarded I've ever been. I rather think that the negative side effects from methylone are no better than those of MDMA. For me, it was like I didn't want to move at all, it was just like I had no desire to move or do or say anything. My tooth gnashing was out of this world, but simultaneously I was falling asleep. I haven't ever been able to talk to people in a normal way or carry on a conversation while I'm on methylone. For me, it's just so lacking, I prefer 6-APB, at least that one allows me some introspection and decent euphoria.

^I find methylone (150mg dose) to just make me content with the world, rather than produce anything profound.

I've not tried methylone on it's own - I had a capsule of it combined with mephedrone, which was pleasant but was taken on a night of poly-drugging so it's hard to pinpoint it's effects really..

Anyway, there's a Big & Dandy Methylone thread in Psychedelc Drugs so I am going to send this over to them.

BDD > PD

Give me a chance, I've been up all night :D (I may have forgotten)

Okay. BDD > PD take 2...

I personally find the comedown from Methylone MUCH MUCH worse than that of MDMA. MDMA was pretty easy-going and even provided an afterglow the next day with a minimal hangover in the days after, while Methylone was a very rough night/day after.

Being an empathogen that releases serotonin in a similar manner to MDMA it's safe to assume that taking it frequently will result in similar damage to taking MDMA frequently. It may be less damaging in this context than MDMA, or it may be more damaging, it's impossible to say with no research and with it being so new - but personally I'm apply the "one roll a month rule" that's best applied to MDMA to avoid long term damage, to Methylone, 5-APB, 6-APB and other empathogens too.

I think fastandbulbous once explained that methylone was a lot safer than MDMA for some reason.

When it was legal, I used to binge out for 2-3 days at a time w/ very few (obvious) side effects. It never lost its magic and had none of the nasty depression that comes a couple days after MDMA use. My fave drug of all time, actually. R.I.P. :'(

My experiences with Methylone / bk-MDMA seem similar to JesusGreen's ...

That being, compared to MDMA it is more stimulating and with a longer and more emotionally painful comedown.

Redosing with Methylone leads to a seriously sketchy comedown and feels somewhat dangerous.

MDMA is preferable in every aspect I can think of. Except MDMA over-use, excessive doses, or repeated-doses will lead to rebound depression.

So.. in short: Methylone has a worse comedown and isn't quite as enjoyable compared to MDMA. However, MDMA, if you take too much of it, will leave you feeling depressed possibly for up to a few weeks afterwards.

i find methylone quite enjoyable, not as much as the APB's, but still is very fun and definitely more social and stimulating than the apb's

My experiences with Methylone / bk-MDMA seem similar to JesusGreen's ...

That being, compared to MDMA it is more stimulating and with a longer and more emotionally painful comedown.

Redosing with Methylone leads to a seriously sketchy comedown and feels somewhat dangerous.

MDMA is preferable in every aspect I can think of. Except MDMA over-use, excessive doses, or repeated-doses will lead to rebound depression.

So.. in short: Methylone has a worse comedown and isn't quite as enjoyable compared to MDMA. However, MDMA, if you take too much of it, will leave you feeling depressed possibly for up to a few weeks afterwards.

Could you clarify this? It seems to me at first that you are saying MDMA has a worse comedown unless your redose with Methylone but then you say the opposite at the end.

I've found that Methylone has very little comedown (never redosed) and MDMA has a harsher and worse one no matter what for me.

I don't really have a bad comedown from either MDMA or methylone. Maybe you guys are using too often?

Methylone appears to have a less harsh comedown which is probably because it doesn't abuse the SERT (serotonin transporter) and has more dopaminergic effect relative to MDMA.
Dopamine depletion can be sneaky but when you get it, it can be more chronic. It can be less apparent because it is less directly mood-related and is indicated by loss of energy and motivation.
On the short term it indeed seems like M1 is less harmful (although as a beta-ketone it is relatively more stressful to the heart and blood vessels and probably organs like kidneys while MDMA is more stressful to the brain, as far as I understand this tendency) but there have been many before us who have fallen into this trap.
Spread your doses responsibly, maybe you can take it more often than MDMA but not truly regularly. If you do, at some point you will see it will start taking it's toll and it can be that much more chronic and severe, also the side-effects will get worse and worse and the experience less rewarding and more speedy. Watch out, don't be fooled by this illusion.

On the short term it indeed seems like M1 is less harmful (although as a beta-ketone it is relatively more stressful to the heart and blood vessels and probably organs like kidneys while MDMA is more stressful to the brain, as far as I understand this tendency) but there have been many before us who have fallen into this trap.
Why this?

When it was legal, I used to binge out for 2-3 days at a time w/ very few (obvious) side effects. It never lost its magic and had none of the nasty depression that comes a couple days after MDMA use. My fave drug of all time, actually. R.I.P. :'(

same! 2-2 days and then start hallucinating madly from sleep depression towards the end. that was me on monday :)

Does anyone else have difficulty remembering their nights out on bk-mdma? Its worse than when I drink a lot of alcohol when I take a lot :/.

I used to redose and redose - sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. Never had any comedown at all. I think it's a little easier on the body than MDMA, not that I think MDMA is harmful, but I think it does have a bit more of a kick physically.

Methylone is very much a sex drug - the orgasms you get on it are ridiculous.

There's a downside to Methylone, if you really want to know: I discontinued it's use altogether after finding out it caused frequent incidents of sleep paralysis. After giving it up this terrifying condition ceased to occur. I know about a lot of anecdotal evidence that a noticeable subset of molly and pill eater would get it, but MDMA never evoked the condition. If you're lucky enough to be spared this nasty side effect, consider yourself lucky, methylone is an excellent tool for behavioural change and self analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.