View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread - Redosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for more records of what Shulgin had to say about this invention. The part that confuses me is that it was marketed as an anti-depressant. Did he intend for it to be used long term on a daily basis at a low dose?

I would imagine more for single therapy sessions at a time.

You probably will feel like crap the day after it's gone, and for a couple of days.
If not, then you're still in a honeymoon stage. Take it as a blessing, it won't last if you keep that kind of activity up though.

Go get some L-Tryptophan for the up coming days.

You probably will feel like crap the day after it's gone, and for a couple of days.
If not, then you're still in a honeymoon stage. Take it as a blessing, it won't last if you keep that kind of activity up though.

Go get some L-Tryptophan for the up coming days.

Probably not a good idea, but I've been taking 200mg 5-HTP every morning for the past 3 months now. Have 400mg Lamictal and 675mg Lithium prescribed for depression. Also taking nootropics: choline CDP, noopept, sulbutiamine. And of course a multivitamin.

Oh, forgot to mention I pump insulin for the diabetes. Why not.

We'll see how it goes in a few days. Will post an update.

I did ~150mg, fond it wasn't much so did about ~350mg about an hour later, followed by a few bumps, then at t+5 hours convinced myself to finish off the 350mg remaining (about 10 mins ago)

no stim tolerance what so ever, but I find my natural tolerance to mdma/ampehatmine compounds to be extremely strong.

had 2mg xanax half way through, also have clonidine for comedown, though heart rate is only approx 120 atm.

I even did some programming work after about 3 hours I felt that with it, guess time will tell if this was a bad idea, not sure what I will be more pissed with, not saving any, or the comedown from doing so much so much later, hope it goes kick in an dod something.

Oh well see how I go!

edit: Ive been known to do an entire gram of mephedrone with zero tolerance in about 9 hours and still sleep so be interesting.

slept like a rock but feel flat as fuck today.

Wish I could get a good rush without doing copious amounts, should just do 500mg in one hit next time and call it a night.
Your Methylone must be impure...a GRAM no tolerance...noob? Nahhhh....unless you take other things

It was redosed, I don't think the doses are unrealistic. Intense, sure, but definitely doable.

Day #4 after my last dose.

No serious depression to speak of, but I did feel over emotional (like crying) quite a bit these past few days. In a strange way I kind of like that feeling though. Makes music even more powerful.

The lack of quality sleep brought on sniffles and dry nose. Felt like a cold, pretty much. That's finally gone away after 2 days of decent rest.

I highly recommend not doing what I did. It was a waste of a nice chemical.Andbraincells.

I have acute social anxiety and the guy on the 3rd page in says he had extremely positive results from this drug.

I want to know at what dosages and for how long I should be taking it to reduce my social anxiety?

Can people tell you are on this drug? is it like MDMA with the clenching and the profuse sweating and dilated pupils?

At the low, theaurputic doses I am talking about for relieving social anxiety, will people be able to tell i'm "rolling"? When all i'm really doing is calming myself down and feeling "glowy"?

What would be a good starting platform for me? Should I try 50mg and see how I feel to begin with or is 50mg too low to do anything? I am seeing doses of up to 300mg but I don't want to fully "ROLL" I just want to be relaxed and get rid of my anxiety.

Last edited:
I posted a thread about this, but maybe here is a better place - does anyone else smell like chemicals after M1 (specifically their hands?) - I know what I have was M1, but im almost wondering if it was cut with Meph(not sure what the point of that would be). I know the smell of Meph on my skin, and its alot fainter than it usually would be, just wondering if M1 can do the same thing?

I didnt feel any need to redose, didnt turn colors, etc - so im not sure.

@optimuswind:
these kinds of drugs dont really work like medicine in my opinion. tolerance develops really fast, and there are side effects from increasing the dose ever higher. not to mention the price.
if the dose is high enough for euphoria to develop, people will be able to tell you are on something, but this depends on personal reactions as well. for instance, i rarely ever get dilated pupils, but i always sweat buckets.
probably you should look towards something else to relieve your anxiety... or perhaps you could use m1 to explore and learn about what makes you tick and what anxieties you have, and just extrapolate from that into day to day life. use it as a tool. roll with it, see how you behave on it and next time when you are in a similar situation without drugs, just think to yourself "what would i do if i were on m1 now" ... worked for me :)

@spdemon420
havent had meph to compare smells, but personally i do smell myself smelling a bit different the day after a m1 night. not too powerful, and might be related to the sweating i do previously, but still....
and i doubt anyone can tell you for sure what you got, but it would really be rare for m1 to be cut with meph.

@optimuswind:
these kinds of drugs dont really work like medicine in my opinion. tolerance develops really fast, and there are side effects from increasing the dose ever higher. not to mention the price.
if the dose is high enough for euphoria to develop, people will be able to tell you are on something, but this depends on personal reactions as well. for instance, i rarely ever get dilated pupils, but i always sweat buckets.
probably you should look towards something else to relieve your anxiety... or perhaps you could use m1 to explore and learn about what makes you tick and what anxieties you have, and just extrapolate from that into day to day life. use it as a tool. roll with it, see how you behave on it and next time when you are in a similar situation without drugs, just think to yourself "what would i do if i were on m1 now" ... worked for me :)

I only plan to take it for a short time while I acclimate myself to university life and hopefully rid myself of my social anxiety, also for the price of this stuff I could get a years worth for about an ounce of high grade weed, so that's not really an issue (as I said I plan to only take it for a short time)

I don't want euphoria to develop, I want to take it at a dose that makes me talkative and emphatic and generally *not terrified* to be around other people, I don't want the euphoria dose, I can get that once a month from MDMA or something. I plan to only take as much that will get me talkative and sociable but not "over the edge" so to speak, at least, that's how most people seem to have used it (from googling around the internet the past couple days on the subject)

dont know man, for me at least, the talkativeness and empathy only come together with a little bit of euphoria... im not a hard head, but doses under 100mg im not sure i can feel... i mean i can, but only the side effects without any desired effect. a low dose for me is somehting like 120mg and thats without any tolerance

also, dont plan to use m1 and mdma in the same timespan as they have significant cross tolerance

I guess i'll find out this week if my package arrives and I can test how it affects me.

How big of a timespan would you give MDMA and M1 (Methylone?) before taking them? I mean, MDMA is out of your brain after a few hours or so right, do you mean don't combine them at the same time? Or give a few days inbetween?

Last edited:
well, the recommended wait time between mdma sessions is 2 weeks minimum, with 4 being probably a lot better, since it depletes serotonin.
many treat methylone in a similar manner, so it should be used twice a month at most. since both substances work in similar ways, if one were to take mdma one week, and methylne the next, the side efects would add up, serotonin would be depleted more, and overall not a smart idea.

you cant do both in the same week (month probably more like it) and expect maximum results. combining them in the same session seems a bit pointless since most prefer mdma if available.

meh, i might be not too clear as im dead tired but i hope you get the message.
and again, im not in favour of daily use of any drug, empathogens in particular.

According to this website Methylone isn't anywhere near as hard on the brain as MDMA and thusly can be taken multiple times a day rather than monthly like MDMA, and I recall reading something about it acting more on the dopamine receptors than the serotonin receptors (I really don't know where I read that because i've been researching this thing the past 2 days and all this information is just floating around in my brain)

According to this website Methylone isn't anywhere near as hard on the brain as MDMA and thusly can be taken multiple times a day rather than monthly like MDMA, and I recall reading something about it acting more on the dopamine receptors than the serotonin receptors (I really don't know where I read that because i've been researching this thing the past 2 days and all this information is just floating around in my brain)

We have no evidence either way to tell us if this is as hard on the brain as MDMA or not, so take anything saying otherwise with a pinch of salt. That said, it shouldn't be metabolised to alpha-methyldopamine, which is theorised as the main (and possibly only) cause of MDMA neurotoxicity, so that may be correct. Even if it's not neurotoxic though, like other stimulants it's likely to be quite cardiotoxic.

Multiple times a day is certainly not a good idea. It'll both result in incredibly high tolerance, which will play over to cross-tolerance with other empathogens - and in negative side effects like depression, anxiety, apathy, decreased energy levels, emotional instability - even physical side effects like high blood pressure, resulting in headaches, palpitations etc. Even though it's more dopaminergic than MDMA it's going to be depleting both dopamine and serotonin, and that's not something you want.

I'd apply the one month rule with this just as with MDMA.

Thanks for the informative reply, it would be great if it didn't cause neurotoxicity like MDMA, is MDMA cardiotoxic?

Will the supplements (VitC/Egcg/VitE) help rid me of the oxidants before any damage is done?

Do we know at what point the oxidation occurs and the damage starts so we know when to take our antioxidants?
And will those above antioxidants help with cardiotoxins?

^lots of hard stimulants are cardiotoxic meaning they raise your heartrate and make it more likely for you to have a heart attack and stuff like that, cocaine can even make one start bleeding out the anus if you do too much.

^lots of hard stimulants are cardiotoxic meaning they raise your heartrate and make it more likely for you to have a heart attack and stuff like that, cocaine can even make one start bleeding out the anus if you do too much.

Do you happen to know if the same regime of antioxidants for MDMA will work for this possible cardiotoxicity (VitC/Egcg/VitE/alpha-lipoic acid)

Or, is it really only a concern in higher doses? I was planning on starting at 50mg and up it until my social anxiety is gone and find the right dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.