• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-in-teams-blowout-loss-to-the-thunder/related

The exact comment was reportedly referee Ken Mauer telling Dowdell to “stop being a little b****” after a call, to which Dowdell responded by asking Mauer if he would call him that off the court. That’s when Dowdell was tossed.

This is the same ref that called those 5 techs in 10 seconds, earlier in the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fm2WxX6vtw

Lakers / Bulls final !!! come on

I wouldn't mind, cause it's a guaranteed 3peat. =D

I'd still like to beat the C's again though.

The Celts really miss Perkins. JON is out of shape. Can't see how Shaq isn't either.

Spurs bulls in finals. If Dallas plays up to their potential they can make it, same for the heat, but I don't think so. Spurs and Bulls. Derrick Rose might be the best player going.

^you really writing out the 2x reigning champs this early?

D.Rose is the best player I've ever seen who can give facials to the leagues best shot blockers, hit clutch buzzer-beating mid range shots, break down any defense and WON'T let you know about it.

I'm not counting Kobe out. I'm putting the team that's done it 4 times this last decade with twelve consecutive 50 win seasons and possibly the second best coach of all time. As long as Manu Ginobili George Hill and Tim Duncan stay healthy, they'll win. Tony parker being healthy would be great, but not necessary.

Last edited:
"Forward Luis Scola and guard Kevin Martin are ranked among the top five floppers in the NBA in a Sports Illustrated survey of league players released this week. Neither was insulted, aside from Martin's having some objection with ranking fifth. 'Oh, I wanted No. 1,' Martin said. 'I just made it because nobody can stay in front of me and guard me and I know the rules of the game. They don't think it's a foul, but they don't stay down on my pump fakes, so it's an easy call. That's the reason I made it, because nobody can really guard me. I needed to be up a few spots.' Told the players who finished in front of him are Anderson Varejao, Manu Ginobili, Scola and Derek Fisher, Martin no longer objected. 'Actually,' he said, 'that's pretty accurate.'

LOL

in related news, that's the answer to LBJ / D-Ho not getting flagrants. you gotta play the game, man. put on dem tap dancing shoes! dance, crackah, dance!

Mavs = fake contenders. Always have been, always will be.

No one is scared of a jump shooting team in the post season. I bet the lower seeded teams in the West are just itching for a chance to play them and knock them out in the 1st round.

1301639137.gif

1301644768.gif

I'm not counting Kobe out. I'm putting the team that's done it 4 times this last decade with twelve consecutive 50 win seasons and possibly the second best coach of all time. As long as Manu Ginobili George Hill and Tim Duncan stay healthy, they'll win. Tony parker being healthy would be great, but not necessary.

lol Spurs can't match up with us. Duncan might as well be 6'6 out there with Gasol/Bynum and Odom off the bench.

LA in 5.

^That was a pretty tight game last night until the Lakers started getting physical. It seems more and more the Mavs are just like the Suns of the late 90s and early part of this decade. Can run you out of any gym in the regular season but cant handle the pressure of the playoffs. Once the Lakers tightened up the game only Dirk made shots. But if they meet again in the 2nd round......could be an interesting series.

The Celts really miss Perkins. JON is out of shape. Can't see how Shaq isn't either.

Yep, good trade for OKC but bad for the C's. IF they make it to the ECF they will likely get hammered. Unless, of course, Rondo is just playing ridiculous.

I think the trade hurt the c's but I still think they're tough for anyone on east to match up with. Would not be surprised to see them or the bulls go to the finals

You may be oversimplifying it. You have to realize these guys are all the best players of their individual neighborhoods, cities and regions, and have been since childhood. Pressure is practically non-existent, unless you're discussing Hero Complex pressure.

C's ex-factor: Shaq, West, JON. If I'm underselling any of them, I could see the C's take it again. And I think it's good Nenad just hurt himself; put more pressure on those big guys to get in shape! With a top five of Garnett/Davis/Pierce/Allen/Rondo, they really only need one guy to step up.

Lakers/Celtics in the Finals again.

I called it in the beginning of the season, and I'm still confident that they're coming out of the East.

Bulls can beat the Heat, but they can't beat the Celtics in a series. Boston is too big and too deep for them.

Right now Chicago is the no 1 seed because they're going all out on D and suffocating opponents. and that's cool cause they're young and they can do that, but what happens when Boston turns it up in the post season? Plus they don't have any offense outside of Rose/Boozer/Deng. And no one besides Boozer has legit playoff experience on that team. Boozer is weak when going up against two 7 footers in the paint... all he could do is shoot his fadeaway jumpers.

Miami isn't in the discussion because they're not even making the ECF this year.

nailed it on the head, the biggest question with the bulls is boozer for me. he cant handle big teams but really the celtics are the only real "big" team in the east. but that all depends on shaq. the east really depends on shaq as odd as that sounds. all the C's need from him is some boards and Defensive prescence (thats really all perk gave them) which pretty much comes easy for shaq. its just how many minutes can they really get out of him. remember hes got a FOOT injury and the guy is like 330 pounds thats a lot of weigth on a bad foot

i picked Bos/LA finals again too, but with the way things have turned out with the trade/injuries a spot in the finals may just be here for the bulls to snag

If Dallas gets Caron Butler back fully healthy for the playoffs, they are a real contender. LA is still the team to beat, but Dallas at full strength can beat any team in a 7 game series. Best bench the game. Most teams go down to a seven or eight man rotation in the playoffs because the back end of their bench isn't good enough. Not Dallas. They can go 10 deep with no problem. Caron is the key for Dallas. He brings great defense, a good second or third option depending on how JET is doing that night, and he can penetrate with ease. And now that Heywood has come to life on the offensive side, Chandler plus Heywood isnt bad up the middle, and great defensively.

The team I'm most worried about for everyone in the west right now are the Thunder.

LA's last 7 games.

Sun, Apr 3 Denver
Tue, Apr 5 Utah
Wed, Apr 6 @ Golden State
Fri, Apr 8 @ Portland
Sun, Apr 10 Oklahoma City
Tue, Apr 12 San Antonio
Wed, Apr 13 @ Sacramento

I think we go 6-1, with a loss to the Blazers.

Your team will probably lose a few more. I'd say 3. One to either okc or sa, maybe both, and one to a lesser team. They want to keep Bynum healthy, same with Kobe and gasol, and limit their minutes coming up. Not bench them for 20 minutes or anything, but try to keep them under 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.