• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your team will probably lose a few more. I'd say 3. One to either okc or sa, maybe both, and one to a lesser team. They want to keep Bynum healthy, same with Kobe and gasol, and limit their minutes coming up. Not bench them for 20 minutes or anything, but try to keep them under 33.

They are going to get the #1 seed , your theory is innacurate

That would be nice, but I wouldn't really stress over it at this point... I just wanted HCA over Boston, and we have it. :)

Plus SA's remaining schedule is ridiculously easy:

Sun, Apr 3 Phoenix
Tue, Apr 5 @ Atlanta
Wed, Apr 6 vs Sacramento
Sat, Apr 9 vs Utah
Tue, Apr 12 @ Los Angeles (Lakers)
Wed, Apr 13 @ Phoenix

15 points.

When point guard Mike Bibby has been on the floor for the Heat, Miami's defense has surrendered 15 points per 100 possessions more than when he has sat on the bench. (We use per 100 possessions as the standard to control for potential tempo effects).

That sounds bad, but how damaging is that? Consider this: the difference between the league's top defense (Chicago) and the league's worst defense (Cleveland) is 12.5 points per 100 possessions. Do the math, and you find that Bibby's defensive impact has been about three points wider than that.

lulz. Bill Simmons was so right.

"Mike Bibby died 3 years ago. What was Riley thinking?"

bill simmons died 3 years ago. or whenever it was back when the red sox won the title. 07? what a hack

i never understood the appeal. why would you want to be a "casual fan"? reactionary. afraid to question their own assumptions. and don't play the game themselves. booooooring.

not sure how i feel about den-la this afternoon. the regular season feels like a formality. i was all jazzed up a month ago but i just want the playoffs to start. the media covers / propaganda is sickening, and i'm doing my best to cut it out of my life. it's a tough addiction to break, however.

one of the best things i've ever done: watching the games on mute. only commentator i listen to is hubie brown. the rest ramble on about the media propaganda they shove down your mouth ad nauseam. jeff van gundy is the worst at this. it's so friggin distracting, you have no idea until you actually mute. you see so much more off the ball stuff, so much more action, so much more coach's impact. try it sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kam - I took out our exchange. It was off-topic and inappropriate and I apologize.

prolly cuz u got irrefutably pwnt

my work here is done ladies and gentlemen

GG Nuggs, you fought hard.
lol @ Kenyon's tip in. That kind of shit always happens whenever we have another chance at winning. Oh well, I'd rather have them lose a game or two now than start losing in the playoffs...

I'm just glad we have a better record than Boston. :D

not sure how i feel about den-la this afternoon. the regular season feels like a formality. i was all jazzed up a month ago but i just want the playoffs to start. the media covers / propaganda is sickening, and i'm doing my best to cut it out of my life. it's a tough addiction to break, however.

one of the best things i've ever done: watching the games on mute. only commentator i listen to is hubie brown. the rest ramble on about the media propaganda they shove down your mouth ad nauseam. jeff van gundy is the worst at this. it's so friggin distracting, you have no idea until you actually mute. you see so much more off the ball stuff, so much more action, so much more coach's impact. try it sometime.

Word, I can't stand listening to the 3 stooges (JVG, Breen, and especially Marc Jackson)

Hubie Brown knows his shit, but the dude says the most obvious shit ever. And I hate how he always says "now keep your eye on.." or "high percentage shot" on almost every possession. Sooo annoying.

I love the Kevin McHale/Kevin Harlan combo on TNT though. Reggie Miller is alright, I just think his voice is annoying.

Lakers/Celtics in the Finals again.

I called it in the beginning of the season, and I'm still confident that they're coming out of the East.

Bulls can beat the Heat, but they can't beat the Celtics in a series. Boston is too big and too deep for them.

Right now Chicago is the no 1 seed because they're going all out on D and suffocating opponents. and that's cool cause they're young and they can do that, but what happens when Boston turns it up in the post season? Plus they don't have any offense outside of Rose/Boozer/Deng. And no one besides Boozer has legit playoff experience on that team. Boozer is weak when going up against two 7 footers in the paint... all he could do is shoot his fadeaway jumpers.

Miami isn't in the discussion because they're not even making the ECF this year.

Yeah but Boozer can surely outlast the attack of both O'neal's simply by playing more than 10 minutes. :D
And don't ever count out Noah when talking about the bulls, he's bigger and faster than Boozer, and plays with passion every night.
he's probably equally competitive as D Rose, if a little less talented, but his size makes up for it.

The Celtics are ANCIENT overrated dog-doo.

They couldn't beat a Bynum-less Laker team with Kobe shooting 6/24 at home in Game Seven.

The Celts are now EVEN OLDER than before, without Perkins, and will have to win THREE legit series just to make it back.

MARK THIS POST:

The Celtics go down in ROUND ONE!

Go New York, Go New York, GO!

^terrible, terrible move that might have cost them the last ring that retirement home of a team has any hopes of winning.

I'm looking forward to the bulls beating them tomorrow night :) Hopefully they'll even the series and widen their lead over them. I really can't believe the bulls have a shot at the overall best record and are 3 games up on Miami and Boston.

When the bulls were hanging around 3rd or 4th place for much of the season, I was excited (they were in 8th last year with a 41-41 record). On the strength of winning 16 of their last 18 games, they already have won 16 more games than they did last season and have 5 games remaining.

Lol @ Amar'e. What makes him tough? His dunks and his tats?

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6298763&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol is a four-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion, but opponents continue to choose the same word to identify the 7-foot Spaniard: soft.

The latest to make the claim is the New York Knicks' Amare Stoudemire.

Making a recent public appearance at a Foot Locker retail store, Stoudemire was asked what it was like to play against Gasol, with the emcee noting Gasol's "soft" reputation as part of the query.

"He's still soft," Stoudemire said with a grin and a shrug. "But, he's a good player, you know what I mean? But he also has help down there. He has help down there in Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, those 7-footers down there. So he's got some supporting cast."

Last month, Oklahoma City center Kendrick Perkins took a similar shot at the Lakers' starting power forward.

"I don't like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson," Perkins told ESPN the Magazine. "Phil is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but he's still soft."

Lakers forwards Odom and Ron Artest were informed of the latest talk against Gasol as they changed in the locker room before Tuesday's game against Utah.

"Pau got moves. He don't have to be hard. That's why he got us," said a shirtless Artest as he flexed his chest and arm muscles.

"How are you soft and average 10 rebounds?" chimed in Odom.

Gasol is sixth in the league in rebounds per game this season, averaging 10.2 boards to go with his 18.9 points per game scoring average.

Artest didn't let the moment pass without throwing a zinger back at Stoudemire.

"Amare posed on the front of [a magazine] butt naked!" Artest said. "OK, is that tough?"

An unclothed Stoudemire appeared in the ESPN the Magazine's annual "Body Issue" in October.

Jackson offered a simple solution for Gasol to shed the soft label.

"Win another championship," Jackson said. "Just go out and do it again. That keeps people quiet really quick."

It's worth noting Gasol and the Lakers eliminated both Perkins (when he was on Boston) and Stoudemire (when he was on Phoenix) from the playoffs last season and he averages more rebounds than Perkins (7.9) and Stoudemire (8.3) as well.

"The perception of this tall, lanky guy and how he plays the game may appear that way, but he somehow has a knack of getting those 20 points and 10 rebounds, night in and night out," Jackson said of Gasol, who played Tuesday despite suffering a bone bruise in his right knee Sunday against the Nuggets. "He's a pretty amazing athlete and the tenacity is there. He's a tenacious guy. He wants to win and it's evident the way we've played since he came on this team."

Andrew Bynum took to his Twitter feed to support his teammate.

"The NBA is a weird place!" Bynum wrote. "How can a man that plays 0 defense call a 2 time champion soft?"

It isn't the first time Stoudemire has gone after a member of the Lakers' front line.

Last season, as a member of the Suns, Stoudemire called Odom's 19-point, 19-rebound performance in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals "lucky," adding, "I'm not giving him no hype."

well it appears as if LeBron's moms got hit with an assault charge last night. no juicy details have been released as of yet, but I'm sure it will be hilarious and most likely about her banging Delonte West (if we all haven't yet forgotten about that poor unfortunate soul)

my band is currently in sunny Orlando, FL. and let me tell you, while I enjoyed being here near the playoffs more last year when my Cavs were an actual team, the Magic have always had some great and kewl fans. very nice people, and we have already taken many opportunities to make fun of LBJ

the Orlando fans tell me they know my people feel due to their experience with Shaq jumping shark and selling out to LA for a couple years, and with the impending precarious Dwight Howard ordeal

btw - the coach of the Bulls looks craaaaazy

nba_g_thibs1_576.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.