AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, if someone here is good at shopping I formally request a shoop

he would pull of that Jack Nicholson classic style Joker off with ease

I do give him props, though. at first I wasn't a buyer even though pretty much the entire city of Chicago was since the beginning. he teaches defense like a college coach

anybody watch the Boston VS Chicago game?

I caught most of it and damn, I might be on the Bulls hype bandwagon

D Rose not only bested a solid Rajon Rondo on the perimeter, but he tore up the interior defense of the Celtics. I know they don't have Kendrick Perkins anymore, but this is still a good sign (Big Baby ain't bad after all... )

when a PG can do these things, I firmly believe that winning championships becomes that much more easy

3, 4 - what's up playa? it feels good to be in downtown Orlando again. I like chatting b-ball, so it's fun...

anybody watch the Boston VS Chicago game?

I caught most of it and damn, I might be on the Bulls hype bandwagon

D Rose not only bested a solid Rajon Rondo on the perimeter, but he tore up the interior defense of the Celtics. I know they don't have Kendrick Perkins anymore, but this is still a good sign (Big Baby ain't bad after all... )

when a PG can do these things, I firmly believe that winning championships becomes that much more easy

3, 4 - what's up playa? it feels good to be in downtown Orlando again. I like chatting b-ball, so it's fun...

D Rose is real but they cannot win a championship with Deng or Boozer as the #2 scorer on the team. Hell, they have Keith Bogans (UK baby!) as the starting SG which is why they wanted DWade in the off season. They are a very good team but I think after the 1st round of the playoffs, the Bulls will begin to be a little exposed. They could be fortunate enough to make it to the Finals this year but the Lakers or Spurs will roll over them.

The Celtics.... *sigh*.....it is looking more and more that the Perk trade was a disaster in the making. J O'Neal was never very dominant even in his prime and Shaq is falling apart. IF they make it to the ECF, Doc should be happy and retire after they fall to the Bulls. The bench is interesting because many of those guys were starters from other teams but they looked lost at times (last night) too.

Deng makes more than the odd mistake but he is solid if not spectacular inside. Noah needs to lift if they want to seriously compete at the pointy end.

Jermaine O'Neal was pretty dominate in his prime. 19 and 12 and led the league in blocked shots and led the eastern conference in double doubles. That's dominate. It's Garnett-esk in his prime. But he's a far cry from his 2001-2004 version. He can still be a big body and he's not bad at blocking shots still.

I'm starting to see a possible championship appearance from the Thunder now... KD is going to be the best player in the game by the end of next year. Anyone starting to see the whole Sam Bowie/Michael Jordan thing happening all over again?

You can't teach size. A big man is the center piece of any championship team! And that is why Portland will never amount to anything.

bill simmons died 3 years ago. or whenever it was back when the red sox won the title. 07? what a hack

i never understood the appeal. why would you want to be a "casual fan"? reactionary. afraid to question their own assumptions. and don't play the game themselves. booooooring.

Simmons is the only writer who does not bore me.

Celtics ain't shit no more.

There is no team in the NBA I hate more than the C's. Garnett is a fucking prick, always elbowing guys in the head and talking all sorts of shit. The Heat crushed their spirit today, and this win will have a huge impact on our upcoming battle in the playoffs (if the Knicks don't pick the Celtics off already).

^ lol you mad as hell. C's >>>>>>>> Heat. But I do hope you take care of them for us so that we can sweep you in the Finals. :)

The Celtics are ancient garbage.

With a healthy Amar'e, the Knicks will run them off the court.

hahahahahaahahaha....... ha!

They could start 4 Amar'es (5 if Melo wasnt there) and have another Amar'e off the bench and still wont beat an old C's team in a 7 game series. Why? Because Amar'e is allergic to playing defense which is why the Suns (remember his old team?) never advanced very far in the playoffs because D'Antoni teams are not made for winning in the playoffs. But I will be nice and say the C's will win in 6 to make you poor Knicky fans feel a little better.

wtf

PDcavsinsider Apparently Charlie Villanueva tried to get to #Cavs locker room, was stopped by security at loading dock separating team lockers.

PDcavsinsider One Detroit reporter said he heard Charlie yell, "I'm going to kill that dude!" as he was stopped from approaching Ryan Hollins.

PDcavsinsider Palace on lockdown, gates blocking #Cavs locker room from Pistons', 2 uniformed cops outside door, security everywhere. Cavs worried.

I know you Knicks fans must be happy to finally be able to struggle to reach .500, but I think you gotta slow your roll if you are confident in beating an old but good Boston team in the playoffs

NYC sports fans believe the hype, and they probably believed Amare when he said New York is back, even though they lost something like 10 straight? that is not putting your team back on the map, that is just being a media hype and bullshit machine

you really think NYC is back? I don't even think that they want to keep their coach for next year

and speaking of next year, that is a good way to describe Carmelo's game with the Knicks. all about the next year. Carmelo doesn't even look like he's trying that hard this year at all

I knew we all thought a D'Antoni + Carmelo + Amare team would be an interesting and fun experiment, but right now it looks like a jumbled mess. how about teams actually work from the ground up - instead of try to jump right in foolishly, without consideration in that the puzzle pieces will very rarely fit

^excellent points.

I think the knicks and bulls are an interesting case study in how good teams are built. The Bulls built around a hard-working leader by adding complimentary pieces, balancing the team out, taking on a coach who emphasizes defense and went from 17th overall last year to 1 game out of first and leading the east by a sizable margin.

The knicks threw away all that they've built in the last couple years with the young players they've been developing to spend a whole lot of money on two NAMES.

You're spot on when you say its just hype and a jumbled mess. Two players who care about their image over winning + a coach who doesn't know the meaning of full court press or help defense =/= a good team.

what is Doc Rivers doing? If they play their starters last night, they beat the Wizards and are in position to have home court advantage over everyone but the Spurs in the finals.

Now, the top 4 teams in the West may have home court over the Celtics.

Does Rivers not think home court is a good thing?

Have the Celtics given up?????

I know you Knicks fans must be happy to finally be able to struggle to reach .500, but I think you gotta slow your roll if you are confident in beating an old but good Boston team in the playoffs

NYC sports fans believe the hype, and they probably believed Amare when he said New York is back, even though they lost something like 10 straight? that is not putting your team back on the map, that is just being a media hype and bullshit machine

you really think NYC is back? I don't even think that they want to keep their coach for next year

and speaking of next year, that is a good way to describe Carmelo's game with the Knicks. all about the next year. Carmelo doesn't even look like he's trying that hard this year at all

I knew we all thought a D'Antoni + Carmelo + Amare team would be an interesting and fun experiment, but right now it looks like a jumbled mess. how about teams actually work from the ground up - instead of try to jump right in foolishly, without consideration in that the puzzle pieces will very rarely fit

Boston has been about as average as NY since they traded Perkins. I would give the Knicks a decent shot at beating them, considering the Celtics D is almost as bad as D'Antoni's right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.