• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Somebody had stated earlier in one of these threads that they had tried straight acetic acid and evapped and got a nice powder that worked great. Can't find anything else about it so I guess I'll have to give it a run through the old simulator ;). The straight water idea sounds fine given OC's solubility and the release rates, but I have a feeling the gell or other ingredients will still become a nuisance somehow, especially after 12 hours. Maybe it could be filtered with little effort. Only one way to find out, anyone try this yet?

I Also find the chip + coke + eating small bits works pretty well.

I see this mentioned often. Can someone specifically fill me in on the best process to do this?
Specifically,
1: Do I need to take the wax coating off, or can I just chew it too?
2: What size are you cutting them into (1/4's, 1/8's, etc?)
3: How long are you chewing them? (each piece just a couple seconds, or minutes?)
4: What purpose does the coke and chips serve? And are you eating the chip as you are chewing the pill or after?

Thank you very much for clarification. I am choosing not to do the chemical methods and want to make sure I am getting the best from the next best method, which seems to be this option. Thanks again! :)

Somebody had stated earlier in one of these threads that they had tried straight acetic acid and evapped and got a nice powder that worked great. Can't find anything else about it so I guess I'll have to give it a run through the old simulator ;). The straight water idea sounds fine given OC's solubility and the release rates, but I have a feeling the gell or other ingredients will still become a nuisance somehow, especially after 12 hours. Maybe it could be filtered with little effort. Only one way to find out, anyone try this yet?

I agree, I would love to see what happens when one is dissolved in water for a period of time. Also, by first putting hot water in and stirring, then stirring while added cold water, a large portion of the time release mechanism should be
defeated. The hypromellose will still have to hydrolyze, but MORE of it will be hydrolizing at the same time. 12 hours is just to be sure it is all released.

Also, due to the fact that hydrolysis actually breaks down the
hpmc (which is really just a bunch of glucose molecules attached together) I think we will see a physical transformation of the hpmc, but into what exactly I am not sure.

Also, I believe someone stated earlier that they used acetic anhydride, not acetic acid, though the distinction is small. Especially if done in aqueous medium, since it also hydrolyzes, into acetic acid. It remains an experiment I am most interested in
hearing the results of.

so i found this while cruising online and alot of people reasponded very well to this i did not see one person fail.

Step 1: Microwave whole pill for 5 mins
Step 2: put in freezer for 1 min 30 sec
Step 3: Grind pill into FINE powder with tool such as dremel or file
Step 4: Put onto a microwave-safe plate**
Step 5: Microwave for 4min 30 sec
Step 6: As SOON as you start to see the pill turn into a light brown gunk pull it out
-- if there is some powder left its ok
Step 7: Put into your freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes- let it get really cold
Step 8: Scrape the crusted brown oxy onto a mirror or w/e and snort
Worked GREAT for me, no gelling. Put a little in your mouth to test it :D
NOW, you might notice in the end, it looks like LESS powder, BUT, I assure you, you DONT lose much, the reason it looks like less, is because I think the binders and gel stuff burn away. Just taste the end result, it tastes REALLY strong depending on what mg you use.

so i found this while cruising online and alot of people reasponded very well to this i did not see one person fail.

Step 1: Microwave whole pill for 5 mins
Step 2: put in freezer for 1 min 30 sec
Step 3: Grind pill into FINE powder with tool such as dremel or file
Step 4: Put onto a microwave-safe plate**
Step 5: Microwave for 4min 30 sec
Step 6: As SOON as you start to see the pill turn into a light brown gunk pull it out
-- if there is some powder left its ok
Step 7: Put into your freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes- let it get really cold
Step 8: Scrape the crusted brown oxy onto a mirror or w/e and snort
Worked GREAT for me, no gelling. Put a little in your mouth to test it :D
NOW, you might notice in the end, it looks like LESS powder, BUT, I assure you, you DONT lose much, the reason it looks like less, is because I think the binders and gel stuff burn away. Just taste the end result, it tastes REALLY strong depending on what mg you use.

just curious, why do you need to microwave the whole pill prior to crushing? what does this do?

test

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say I am happy with how this thread has come along so far. Thanks all of you who researched info and posted it here, experimented, and contributed to our communal knowledge base. There is a lot of good info here, and a minimum of filler talk like the other threads. This is the official and best thread for people coming together to break the time release thanks to all you guys. Keep up the good work and dont give up--- this time release is not rocket science; it is only a matter of time before it is 100% defeated.

Not many people have commented on it, but if you read my previous post with quotes from a Purdue meeting, it sounds to me like this problem is already solved... I just need someone to try it as I dont have any OP80s right now, only OC80s =P Delicious powdery OC80s that are absorbing in my sinuses right now, dripping down my throat, and making my eyes close while I type this (don't be jealous!)

Purdue made it clear that this medicine will completely break down in 18 hours in a glass of water, so I suggest you guys milling it and letting it soak in water for 18-24 houirs--- occasionally shaking it.

After 24 hours, yous hould be left with some plasticy mush and water with oxycodone released in it. Maybe even add an edible solvent like vodka to speed it up, who knows.

Take out the solids, heat up the water and evaporate it--- you should be left with an H2O solution with instant release oxycodone suspended in it. This can then be made into a snortable powder, dranken for instant release effects, or POSSIBLY micron filtered and IVd if there are not too many water soluble toxins in the new formula.

What do you guys think of this? Someone please try this--- here is the quotes again that make me believe this is the answer, straight from Purdue themselves.

IMPORTANT - READ - SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEMS LAYS HERE

"Now let me first discuss the data generated under 18 hours. You see a lot of high ratios. This is understandable. This is 12-hour product. At 18 hours you expect everything should have been released. Therefore, we did not conduct statistics on data generated at 18 hours." pg 96 document #2 from my above post

pg 190 Document 2
"The 18-hour time point for these experiments is included for reference and it’s part of our approach to define the failure limits of the formulation. One has to appreciate that this is a product intended for dosing every 12 hours.
So you’re correct. Should one elect to lay a tablet in a glass of water for 12 hours, to be therapeutic, the oxycodone needs to be released from the formulation."

What this is telling us is that all this solvent bull we are reading on Purdue--- this is just experiments for performing ACCELERATED (fast) extractions. With a 12-18 hour extraction, Purdue admits ANY SOLVENT will remove Oxycodone!! This is great, because you can dissolve 5-15 OPs in water for 24 hours, and have pure oxycodone solution that you can take care of and dose appropriately as needed. You should be able to easily convert Oxycodone HCL dissolved in water to any of your preferred ROAs.

Last edited:
I doubt the gelling will be an issue if you use enough water... when properly shredded, the OPs will gel up but the oxycodone hcl will slowly release itself into the water over the course of 12-18 hours. When it is finished, you can remove the gel and eat it, and the water should have tons of instant release OC in it for you.

an easy (but time-consuming) extraction method that worked 100%

I have been taking OC 30's for a while now, but very recently had my dosage decreased to 20's per my doctor. My preference has always been to crush 80-100mg at a time and take it orally on an empty stomach, while doing minimal physical activity (at the time of ingestion only...after it kicks in, I can clean my entire house =D) When I take it this way, it gives me lots and lots of energy, but on the other hand I can choose to sleep at any point, and when I do, I sleep extremely well!! It's great all the way around! I just got a script for 20's a few days ago, brought them home, put 4 of them between my spoons and they wouldn't crush. I had no idea what was going on. So I put them in my crusher, and they still weren't budging. I looked at a pill and saw OP, called the pharm, and they told me it was the new formulation that had been released to prevent abuse. Up until this point, I had no idea this was even in the works!

Okay, getting to my point...I'm not interested in experimenting with all the chemicals, so I tried the Coca Cola thing, and it worked! I had read about quite a few slightly different variations of this method here on Bluelight, and on a few other sites. But I tried something extremely simple. Almost all of the
different extraction methods I've read about begin with crushing the pill into a powder. I've found this to be impossible. But it is very easy to chop them up with a pill splitter! This is what worked for me:

1. with a pill splitter, chop the pills into as many tiny pieces as possible (It's very tedious, but I was able to get each pill into about 10-12 pieces)

2. pour about 6 oz. of Coke into a small cup (I didn't have 'Coca-Cola', so I used Big-K Vanilla Cola, straight from the refrigerator) NOTE: it is not necessary to heat the cola, as most versions of this method will instruct you to do.

3. add the chopped up pills to the cup of cola and stir it up to ensure all the pieces get submerged. The mixture will of course fizz a bit, then the pieces will float on the top.

4. let the mixture sit at room temperature for as long at least 5 or 6 hours. I've done this four times, and this last time I let it sit for 10 hours, and the pills were nearly completely dissolved by the acid in the cola.

5. after letting it sit, the mixture will look really foul lol, with a thick layer of slime floating on top of the cola. Stir it with a small spoon, and try to separate the slime as much as you can.

6. take small drinks of the mixture (and yes, the slime) and between each sip take a small bite of something (I used pretzels).

I've done this now 4 times, and I felt it 100% just as I did when I'd crush and eat the oc's. It just takes a little more time and effort. lol. I should say that out of my 4 trials, I have found that two things effect how fast and hard the buzz hits you: The longer you let the mixture sit, and the finer you can chop the pills.

I hope this helps! If you're willing to take the time to let it sit, it is well-worth it! Thanks to Jaystyle for starting this thread. (sorry for the rambling in the beginning...I just wanted to share a bit of my oc history and experience)

I finally was able to go through the links provided by jaystyle in some detail. Has anyone else noticed that bluelight was mentioned by name on page 27 of the first link? It said that various abusers internet discussion boards were reviewed and that possible means of abuse discussed were recreated in a lab environment to assure they wouldn't work (I'm pretty sure they recreated the crisping method that has been discussed here for a while). These links have given me alot of information, though it has turned everything I thought I knew about the new formulation on its head. Thanks jaystyle, I think.

Thanks for the post...

Next time you do this, could you maybe remove the slime and taste it to see if its bitter or not? I am curious as to whether the oxycodone hcl has dissolved in the coca cola and the slime held no OC anymore trapped in it.

This will be too much of a pain in the ass to soak OC for hours and hours everytime before you use it, so where this needs to lead is a way to dissolve OC and turn it into a snortable powder you can store and use as needed.

Something you may want to try is letting the coca cola get soaked up by some powder like crushed vitamin B (what they cut cocaine with) than drying it out and snorting it... I am interested in doing large batches and converting it to a snortable powder. You'd probably have to evaporate some of the coca cola first or start with a relatively low amount...

The hardest part about experimenting with this OP is that it is so precious you dont want to waste it lol Also-- you can grind them much better with a foot / nail file or a "pedegg", whatever the hell that is a lot of people use them. I just use a foot file and it gets it almost as small as the old OCS. OC is a 12 hour drug so you probably wanna let it sit 12+ hours to release the OC as much as possible.

I have been taking OC 30's for a while now, but very recently had my dosage decreased to 20's per my doctor. My preference has always been to crush 80-100mg at a time and take it orally on an empty stomach, while doing minimal physical activity (at the time of ingestion only...after it kicks in, I can clean my entire house =D) When I take it this way, it gives me lots and lots of energy, but on the other hand I can choose to sleep at any point, and when I do, I sleep extremely well!! It's great all the way around! I just got a script for 20's a few days ago, brought them home, put 4 of them between my spoons and they wouldn't crush. I had no idea what was going on. So I put them in my crusher, and they still weren't budging. I looked at a pill and saw OP, called the pharm, and they told me it was the new formulation that had been released to prevent abuse. Up until this point, I had no idea this was even in the works!

Okay, getting to my point...I'm not interested in experimenting with all the chemicals, so I tried the Coca Cola thing, and it worked! I had read about quite a few slightly different variations of this method here on Bluelight, and on a few other sites. But I tried something extremely simple. Almost all of the
different extraction methods I've read about begin with crushing the pill into a powder. I've found this to be impossible. But it is very easy to chop them up with a pill splitter! This is what worked for me:

1. with a pill splitter, chop the pills into as many tiny pieces as possible (It's very tedious, but I was able to get each pill into about 10-12 pieces)

2. pour about 6 oz. of Coke into a small cup (I didn't have 'Coca-Cola', so I used Big-K Vanilla Cola, straight from the refrigerator) NOTE: it is not necessary to heat the cola, as most versions of this method will instruct you to do.

3. add the chopped up pills to the cup of cola and stir it up to ensure all the pieces get submerged. The mixture will of course fizz a bit, then the pieces will float on the top.

4. let the mixture sit at room temperature for as long at least 5 or 6 hours. I've done this four times, and this last time I let it sit for 10 hours, and the pills were nearly completely dissolved by the acid in the cola.

5. after letting it sit, the mixture will look really foul lol, with a thick layer of slime floating on top of the cola. Stir it with a small spoon, and try to separate the slime as much as you can.

6. take small drinks of the mixture (and yes, the slime) and between each sip take a small bite of something (I used pretzels).

I've done this now 4 times, and I felt it 100% just as I did when I'd crush and eat the oc's. It just takes a little more time and effort. lol. I should say that out of my 4 trials, I have found that two things effect how fast and hard the buzz hits you: The longer you let the mixture sit, and the finer you can chop the pills.

I hope this helps! If you're willing to take the time to let it sit, it is well-worth it! Thanks to Jaystyle for starting this thread. (sorry for the rambling in the beginning...I just wanted to share a bit of my oc history and experience)

Just finished prepping the coke method. God I hope this works, but even if it doesn't these things are dirt cheap so whatever. I'll post the results when I wake up!

Thanks for the post...

Next time you do this, could you maybe remove the slime and taste it to see if its bitter or not? I am curious as to whether the oxycodone hcl has dissolved in the coca cola and the slime held no OC anymore trapped in it.

This will be too much of a pain in the ass to soak OC for hours and hours everytime before you use it, so where this needs to lead is a way to dissolve OC and turn it into a snortable powder you can store and use as needed.

Something you may want to try is letting the coca cola get soaked up by some powder like crushed vitamin B (what they cut cocaine with) than drying it out and snorting it... I am interested in doing large batches and converting it to a snortable powder. You'd probably have to evaporate some of the coca cola first or start with a relatively low amount...

The hardest part about experimenting with this OP is that it is so precious you dont want to waste it lol Also-- you can grind them much better with a foot / nail file or a "pedegg", whatever the hell that is a lot of people use them. I just use a foot file and it gets it almost as small as the old OCS. OC is a 12 hour drug so you probably wanna let it sit 12+ hours to release the OC as much as possible.

Omg I know what you mean about not wanting to waste any. My insurance pays for them, but if I run out, even if I managed to get an early script, I can't afford to pay out-of-pocket for them. And I keep them all--I don't sell any (unless I'm reeeeally broke and need gas money or something, and then I can come off just a couple, and make some nice cash. - they're virtually impossible to get a hold of here on the street).

Okay, so last night when I prepared the mixture, mostly because it tastes so awful, I used only 4 oz of coke, just for the purpose of having less to drink. I let it sit for about 12 hours exactly. I tried what you suggested, and removed the slime to drink only the coke. It did not taste bitter. Actually, I didn't taste much more than the coke itself, aside from the fact that it was warm and flat. About 30 minutes in, I was starting to feel a little something, but it was very slow going and mild, as compared to my other trials -- 20 minutes in, I was feeling it fast and hard (I think I forgot to include that time-frame in my original post). Anyway, I waited another 10 minutes, and ate the slime :)|UUUUGGGHHH:|) with pretzels, and I was feeling it within 10 minutes or so.

In conclusion, surprisingly, I think the bulk of the oxy stays contained in the slime. But many people believe that these new op's are even longer-acting than the oc's...more like 18 hours, so with that theory, maybe letting it sit in the coke for 18 instead of 12 would work better. idk.

After reading the advisory committe briefing posted by jaystyle I am astonished by
how much they monitor these discussion boards for the abuse methods recommended or theorized here. Keep up the good fight, but know big brother is watching.

Also, this same document tested the efficacy of coke extraction and determined it did not result in a accelerated release rate of oxy hcl, though at 12 hours maybe any liquid would do. Anyways
good luck.

cvalero out!

Just finished drinking the coke and wow is it nasty. I let it sit for 10 hours and pounded the whole thing, then refilled the glass to get more of the slime and drank that. After 15 minutes I feel great, like 80% of what the old kind felt like and that's damn good. I know for sure it's working because I stopped being sick 10 minutes after drinking it and now I feel fine.

I'm gonna try it again using more and will post again. Thanks to jaystyle and renadkins!

renadkins---

During the 12 hours, did you shake it or stir it at all?

12 hours is a lot of time-- I am surprised there wasnt more free oxycodone hcl freed in the coca cola.

When you ate the slime--- did it feel like you were feeling instant release OC that was attached to the slime, or was it time release OC stuck in the slime?

i have op's

Hey whats up everyone,I have been following this thread since it started.you guys are doing a great job but it doesn't seem like there have been very many actual experiments,which i understand cause who wants to waste their monthly supply...right?anyway i think i am what you are looking for jaystyle,i have a very large amount of op 60mg and i dont use opiates very much(anymore) only once a month if that.so i have a large number of op's that i have nothing else to do with and no tolerance (i dont know if that is a good or bad thing?).so you tell me what experiments you would like me to try and i will do it.im willing to go out and buy whatever that is needed as long as it reasonable like under $300 or so,take pics and document the whole thing.also a lot of my friends are addicted to H or some type of opiate so i can test on them,im sure they will hate that...free opiates.8o.lol but ya im going to start tonight with putting 4 60mg in 2 shot glasses (two each) wait 24 hours.i will drink half of one of the shot glasses and see what happens,if it is successful then i will mix the other shot with powder either b vit or benedryl because they dont sell nytol near me, i looked.so let me know what i should try.

Whatup CmonE--- thanks for offering to contribute to our cause! Here are my recommended experiments to try:

All three involve removing the coating from the OP's with a wet paper towel or something, then milling it down with a file.

Put 60-120mg of OP in a shot glass with a little water in it-- enough to dissolve the oxycodone and enough to work with, but not TOO MUCH because we will want some to evaporate later so you dont have too much.

Let it soak for 18-24 hours, shaking and stirring occasionally.

Afterwards, remove the solid matter and squeeze the juice out of it as much as possible.

Taste it-- is it bitter? less bitter than it should be? If not bitter, hopefully OC is in the water.

Taste the water-- is it bitter? If so--- either drink it (or feed to one of your local fiends) and see if it has instant release properties, or let it evaporate a bit so you can add crushed powder that will suck up all the juice. Then put the wet crushed powder on some tin foil and let it sit in a warm oven (perhaps a turned off oven that is still warm) and let it dry up. Have a local fiend try snorting some and see if he gets toed up!

#2 - Perhaps attempt the same experiment with coca cola, or water with a little vodka added to it to promote dissolution.

#3a - At your own risk, consider my acetone experiment? It worked for me very well, and someone else too. Most people didn't want to try so there werent enough reports on it. I havn't had OPs since then so I havn't re-done it. I would do a 3-6 hour acetone soak--- if you read my previous threads I talked about some of the health effects of acetone. It is generally safe to consume small amounts of it---- if you evaporate it fully, there will be less residual acetone per million parts than is permitted in our drinking water, so it is not too dangerous if you do it right.

#3b - try this experiment with another, similar solvent? Can you get your hands on anything interesting? Acetic acid was suggested by some people here, and chloroform. Anyone recommend another solvent this guy can try with?

Looking forward to you reporting back! Hope someone else gives you some good ideas to try too.

#4 - I had an OP the other day, and at the recommendation of some of the people on this forum, I tried just sucking on one like a piece of hard candy for an hour or two. I usually snort and I do so much OC in the day sometimes it's hard to feel what's what anymore, but I could have sworn that this method was getting me pretty fucked up.... I mean, I fell asleep with the OP under my tongue and woke up to find it there and kept sucking on it lol I had just taken a line of OC shortly before though so I dont know what was really going on.... You might want to try this.

Last edited:
After reading the advisory committe briefing posted by jaystyle I am astonished by
how much they monitor these discussion boards for the abuse methods recommended or theorized here. Keep up the good fight, but know big brother is watching.

Also, this same document tested the efficacy of coke extraction and determined it did not result in a accelerated release rate of oxy hcl, though at 12 hours maybe any liquid would do. Anyways
good luck.

cvalero out!

oh yeah, it's no secret that LEO and other such organisations monitor our board. that's why it's wise to watch what you say and how you say it.