• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Well ok this is my two cents...

Microwave method seems to work great as many are attesting to. The only change I made was once the powder was finished "cooking" I scrapped the very hot melted plastic/oxy mass together into a make shift ball on the plate. Using the razor only, I just mixed the "cooked" pill, kinda mixing it together to make sure it all was a single melted pill sized shape or so. Then I put it into the freezer for 10 minutes. Once it was hard I used the razor to scrape the 'ball' off, which kinda just pops off the plate. Then took that 'ball' and scrapped that against a Hose Clamp. The whole process seemed to do 3 things.
a) Remove the time release effect of the OP
b) Allow the pill to be snorted with no gumming/clogging/gelling inside my nose
c) Allow the pill shaped 'ball' to be easily scrapped against a hose clamp making a very easy to snort powder of such.

-Xav

You guys keep on playing around with MEK, acetone, and other industrial solvents, and then possibly ingest them, and those of us who are smart will just go with the method that I suggested which was supported by a pharmacist and just use the good old fashioned OC 80's with no extra hassle. Keep trying to crack the OP's for no reason when you don't even have to. I'm sure you're having a great amount of fun harming yourself by experimenting with chemicals when none of you have any real chemical knowledge.

would Love too...cannot find..ive been at thje same pharmasist for over 2 years and he says there are no generic oxycontin out there, but they are a mom and pop place...kinda confused on the adding of the water ..when n does it go in..after the acetone/solvent is strained out?

thanks

In regards to the microwave method I posted pictures of, I'd like to testify one more time to say that this method DOES work for sure-- the heat destroys the time release and leaves behind wonderful oxycodone hcl that can be sniffed. IT does, of course, taste like burnt plastic so I did something to refine it further.

After chopping up the brown bits, I dissolved them in a spoon w/ 1.5ml of water. I stirred it and applied a lighter to boil it a bit in hopes that it might seperate the sediment a bit for cotton filtering. It didn't really too much, but I put some cotton in the spoon anyway and filtered it twice for what its worth. There was some crud on the cotton but not much.... it seems the brown stuff fully dissolves in water which kinda sucks because it is hard to get the oxycodone out and leave the filler behind... The people who are IVing this crud really need to STOP immediately; they are gonna die! At least use a micron filter--- maybe that would work to get out the crud.

Anyhow--- after filtering it a little, I added 3/4 of a nytol pill to the water and then evaporated the water with a hair dryer for like 30 min leaving a powdery crust tinted brown fro the solution.

After scraping and chopping the crust, the result is this nice powder which is way better to snort than the rough burnt plastic stuff that comes right out the microwave/oven. It is nice because a little of the nasty burnt plastic filler was filtered out and replaced with the more subtl nytol powder base--- the oxycodone sticks perfectly to it. Crushed Vitamin C could work great too (I heard thats what actors sniff instead of cocaine in the movies sometimes).

I enjoy sniffing the nytol powder much more than the plastic. Here is a pic of the refined oxycodone hcl in nytol. It doesnt make a huge difference but if you guys want your product to be a little better tasting and in smoother powder, kinda like the old OCs, you might want to take some time to do this extra step. I just railed a line and it hits hard! I almost feel like it gives a bigger rush than the old oc sometimes.

MonkeyGrease.jpg

iving that worked for me

ok so i did the microwave method. After the freezer i chopped it up and added a few drops of lemon juice in a spoon and let it set for a few minutes.. it mixed up into a browm liquid quite easily. i then added about 1.4cc of water heated filtered and it worked great. just an fyi

breaking mechanism

So the two main time release ingredients are (polyox) this is what makes it gel and there is an antioxidant agent put in there to keep the polyox from breaking down, its usually used for things like extending shelf life. Polymers like polyox are usually susceptible to things like UV light, acrid chemicals like acetone, hydrogen peroxide. to break the mechanism requires time and patience which the average junky does not posses. You have to create a container with three layers or bowl like shelves. the container has to be able to be sealed preferably metal. bottom off container should contain acetone. second layer should contain hydrogen peroxide as it is involved heavily in the making of polyox. third layer is really two layers one a solid bowl shelf which is empty till the process is initiated. the layer above the third layer is a fine screen mesh in which the finely grated powder is placed into. you can leave it at room temp and the process will work but it is slow(about a half a week). You can add heat(95-105) to speed up the oxidation of the polymers. The whole goal is to overwhelm the antioxidant and to desegregate%) the polyox , to form molecular holes in the matrix. Once the process of breaking the mechanism is done you want to heat the remains of the powder at an extremely low heat to evaporate trace elements of the acetone and hp. once its done you should have a product that is decent to toot.

"Yesterday, 19:56 #237
Bulldyke
Greenlighter

Yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMac614
http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxyc...5RSHFFBVACGDR7

read that it is the real man who gets the credit for this.

the microwave/freezer technique really works and it isnt very hard at all

He's the guy that deserves the credit, when people start dropping dead from inhaling burnt plastic.

I snorted for years, used a spike for years, and went back to eating them when the formula changed. When a legitimate extraction is found to extract this garbage from the finished product. Only then will the old methods come back into play. For me that is.

Jay, I don't think 100 proof vodka is going to give you a good result. If you're going to go this route, grain alcohol is the way you want to go."

Moriarity posted - "Anyway, I am theorizing that everclear (in my state it's 75.5% ethanol and 24.5% water) would be a decent solvent for extracting oxycodone hydrochloride because even the minimal amount of water will extract oxycodone.HCl very easily but the increased ethanol seems to keep the desired effect of the adulterants from doing what they are designed to do in the presence of water. Anyway, this will be what I try first."

Moriarity, Thank you for expounding on my theory that grain alcohol was the route to travel for this leg of the journey, not 100 proof vodka.

Like you, I am also extremely busy, and was tied up with family matters this past weekend.

However, this coming weekend, me and two of my mates who are coming into town will have unfettered access to the Univ chem lab. As well as running the full gamut of Purdues testing, we also have several out of the box theories we intend to put to the test.

Anyway, If any of you folk try these simple extractions, prior to my having given them ago. Please try and keep track of solvents used, volumetric amounts of said solvents, batch sizes, and of course, most important of all yields. 8o Danka Schoen, ~ Bull

Last edited:
Yes, of course pure alcohol is desired but the only GRAIN alcohol I can find is denatured, and I am pretty sure you guys dont want to use denatured ethanol as it is NOT for human consumption. I saw some websites offering pure NON-denatured ethyl but I dont know if I trust it to be legitimate?

On a side note, I used 70% ip alcohol and it gelled from the 30% water in there. Are you sure the ethyl alcohol will prevent it from gelling? Where did you hear that ethyl alcohol stops the effects of gelling EVEN if water is present?

If this is so, it will definately be the best solvent, especially if left for 12+ hours. Purdue mentioned ethanol as one of hte solvents they tested with in their pdf--- you may want to read it over it and see what they said.

I think ethanol will be great because it is proven to be oxycodone soluble (even though not as much as water, we will simply use a greater amount of ethanol to extact the oxycodone int its entirety). If the polymer doesnt dissolve in it, we will be in good hands.

I look forward to the report of your experiment! Thank you for contributing.

The answer to every question that has been asked so far is right here:
The Patent for The New OP Oxy

The answer to all your questions about the solvents referenced in the power-point document can be found in Example 27.11. The one they found to do the best was Methanol. @Jaystyle - give Methanol a shot, then make it into a two step process by trying one of the other ones, such as Ethanol. Doing it in two separate extractions like this will yield roughly 90% in 2-hours time if you mill it down as best you can first. Or, maybe doing Methanol for twice the time they did will result in near 100%? After all, they only waited 60 min per solvent.

Also, they state that the PSO matrix is more effective at higher temperatures. So you'll want to do any extraction at room temp, or even experiment with going lower.

Lastly, they do an assay test on a few pills after letting them sit in storage for 4 different lengths of time. This means they had to completely dissolve the pill afterward so they could measure the amount of oxy in the pill and determine if the label was still accurate after 1-6months. This can be found under Example 7 sub-heading [0476]. 900mL of a 1:2 mixture of Acetonitrile and (SGF) Simulated Gastric Fluids was left to agitate overnight and would completely dissolve it. Both of these can be bought online fairly easily.

You have the key to it, have fun :)

Acetonitrile

Acetonitrile can be kind of hard to obtain. It's got a really low flash point (no, that doesn't mean it'll ignite at low temperatures just that the potential is there) and, therefore, can't be sent to anyplace that is not zoned commercially. This commercial zoning has really been a thorn in my side over the years :\. Long story. Anyway, I like acetonitrile for lots of reasons but for this I have to sort of add a caveat: I think it's very poisonous, or at least last I read, acetonitrile (A.K.A. methyl cyaninde) was metabolized to some decent degree to hydrogen cyanide in the liver and that's bad. Personally, I have a great deal of experience with solvents of a great range and wouldn't trip on experimenting with it but people need to know that all experiments with acetonitile will need to be followed by a series of washes to remove residual solvents. Just thought I'd add my $0.02.

Ethanol? Well, the article I posted here seemed to suggest that ethanol would retard hypromellose from becoming a problem but I have long wondered about the polyethylene glycol 400. It's very soluble in ethanol as well and I fear that any water would be a problem. I will say this: If one wanted to get a "dry" ethanol product then chemical drying is required. Even if you distill it 1000 times there is a low boiling azotrope formed between ethanol and water that means no more than 95%-95.5% purity can ever be obtained from distilling. However, there are some very common drying agents available. One is magnesium sulfate or epsom salts. When you buy it it's actually magnesium sulfate septahydrate (MgSO4.7H20). You can put it in the oven for a few hours and then just boil the water right out of it. It is now ready to absorb water. In this way one might buy everclear and dry it. Another very good drying agent is calcium chloride. Just add these to ethanol:water and filter. Practically all of the water will leave the solution and go into the salt. This works for most instances but not for others where very dry solvents like ethyl ether or tetrahydrofuran (THF) might be in a Grignard reaction. Either way I fear ethanol might not work. I will say this, however: If one were to remove hypromellose I believe butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and PEG 400 are liquids at room temperature and could just be decanted from or filtered from the oxycodone hydrochloride. I take that back, BHT is a liquid at ~70C but that is the thing with this formulation, these constituents together make a waxy kind of solid. If the hypromellose is removed then the remaining constituents would have very different physical characteristics. Probably a high congealing point and that is a good thing for us.

Moriarty

P.S. I, also, have liked the idea of mild oxidation to remove some of these adulterants. I think hydrogen peroxide might be really cool to check out.

University Labs

"However, this coming weekend, me and two of my mates who are coming into town will have unfettered access to the Univ chem lab. As well as running the full gamut of Purdues testing, we also have several out of the box theories we intend to put to the test. "

I love University labs. I used to have a friend who had access to the University lab next to where I currently live. Indeed, someone may have produced some of the first MDP-2-P he has ever seen in DMF obtained from the local University's lab :eek:!!! I don't usually condone theft but I was young and my ambitions got the better of me. Have fun with the University's chemical stock! Subverting university chemicals to clandestine labs...that brought back some happy memories of some humble beginnings.

Lookey what I have.....

stuffyall107.jpg

I was told that splitting the pill in thirds and using a kitchen knife to chop up very small. Easier than grinding, as I was told.

stuffyall106.jpg

See...

stuffyall108.jpg

Using Ruriks method found on Topix

stuffyall099.jpg

After nuking and a few seconds in fridge

stuffyall103.jpg

Chops up real nice afterward too

stuffyall105.jpg

Just add hot water, mix up a few seconds and everything dissolves real nice for plugging.

Darren--- Awesome first post! Lemme guess, your from Purdue and were sent to lead us in the right direction to up their profits again? =P Got impatient of waiting for us to find the solvents ourselves? Haha jk (well, kinda... I did expect Purdue to expose the secrets eventually considering the demand side pull of abuse amounts to Billions in profits for them.

Anyway--- This is the answer we have all been looking for. As several people have suggested including myself (prior post regarding oxycodone solubility in ethanol) it appears ethanol and/or methanol will be the best bet. ALthough methanol is more soluble than ethanol, it is more toxic and harder to get, so if ethanol does so well in 60 minutes, I say in 2-3 hours it will get 99% right? Here is a pic I made with all the informatin you need from that 150 page document.

Research.png

The answer to every question that has been asked so far is right here:
The Patent for The New OP Oxy

The answer to all your questions about the solvents referenced in the power-point document can be found in Example 27.11. The one they found to do the best was Methanol. @Jaystyle - give Methanol a shot, then make it into a two step process by trying one of the other ones, such as Ethanol. Doing it in two separate extractions like this will yield roughly 90% in 2-hours time if you mill it down as best you can first. Or, maybe doing Methanol for twice the time they did will result in near 100%? After all, they only waited 60 min per solvent.

Also, they state that the PSO matrix is more effective at higher temperatures. So you'll want to do any extraction at room temp, or even experiment with going lower.

Lastly, they do an assay test on a few pills after letting them sit in storage for 4 different lengths of time. This means they had to completely dissolve the pill afterward so they could measure the amount of oxy in the pill and determine if the label was still accurate after 1-6months. This can be found under Example 7 sub-heading [0476]. 900mL of a 1:2 mixture of Acetonitrile and (SGF) Simulated Gastric Fluids was left to agitate overnight and would completely dissolve it. Both of these can be bought online fairly easily.

You have the key to it, have fun :)

well, I got started right away on this experiment. Called BevMo and asked if they had Everclear 190. "Yes sir!"--- I drove right over only to find Everclear 151 only! Assholes lied to me...

I didnt want this one, but I bought it for $20 and gave it a try.

Unfortunately, the 25% water in it seems to cause it to gel =( I am not sure if it is the ethanol or water... maybe pure ethanol wouldn't gel like this? I am convinced that when you have this gel it greatly inhibits the ability to extract the oxycodone.... Someone please try with pure ethanol and report, or methanol which you have to be SUPER careful with because it is toxic to humans.... funny thing is regular alcohol is the antetode for methanol so if u do - do a methanol experiment, after you evaporate and ingest the solution, take a shot of vodka and apparently it eliminates the toxic effects of methanol lol-- heed with caution).

anyway im gonna soak and stir this gel fuck for awhile and see what i can do with it... maybe it is still extracting / unbinding the oxycodone somehow. I wont be able to make a snortable / ivable solution like this though

Reading Above: They experimented with 80 proof alcohol and it worked, so I guess this will still work somehow.

Low boiling alphatic alcohols

Wow! That's awesome information. Can I ask where it came from? Regardless, I have 5 gallons of methanol in the other room. I suppose it's off to across town to get 20 OP's to test 10 side by side, methanol to ethanol. I might try tetrahydrofuran as well. Okay, here's what I like about methanol: First methanol is cheap! I go to the racing store down the way and get 5 gallons for $25. Second, methanol does metabolize into formic acid which is hard on the body and eyes in particular but it's got a low boiling point so it's very easy to drive off. The boiling point, for anyone that wants to know, is ~64C. Ethanol is ~79.5C. Anyway, methanol is easy to obtain. My dad used to sell it in his pharmacy but that was the 80's (back then pharmacies sold all kinds of stuff they don't now days). Good luck all. I was against the use of alcohols as wikipedia said PEG 400 was very soluble in alcohols. I think my mind has been changed to a degree about their utility in extracting oxycodone HCl. I'll post some trials on 800mg in the next few days and post them here. Thanks again Jaystyle. That is awesome information.

Everclear

I see you also live in California. Everclear in California is 151 proof. Yep, less bang for your buck. It's a State law that they can provide no stronger. So the people that sell Everclear had to adjust their product to meet state law. Anyway, I don't know if you caught any of the posts I had above but I mentioned an easy method for removing the water from everclear with epsom salts. To recap, epsom salts is an antiquated name for magnesium sulfate. Magnesium sulfate is hygroscopic. It draws water from the air. So when you buy it at the store it has 7 molecules of water attached to every molecules of magnesium sulfate. You can make the magnesium septahydrate (MgSO4.7H20) into magnesium sulfate by just baking the water out of it in the oven. So you can add the now dry magnesium sulfate to the ethanol:water and it will almost remove all of the water. Just filter and use. I will buy some everclear and test the purity after chemical drying by taking a density. It should be realatively water free after drying with magnesium sulfate.

I'm really damn glad I found this. This is getting exciting now.

Here's how it happened: I read an article this morning about the new OPs and it seemed to imply that Purdue was using a patented technique. In the past I'd used patents from the 30s, 40s and 50s to learn how they got morphine from poppies so I figured I'd go hunting. After reading through about 7-8 patents I started getting a feel for the sort of language they used about each process or technique and eventually I cornered the correct patent. At this point my curiosity was more about finding what polymer made the new pills like super-rubber, not uncovering the whole damned process of making it, complete with charts, graphs and step by step instructions. Nevertheless, having already scoured the boards for an extraction technique myself I knew that everyone was lost, save for a really vague powerpoint Purdue had on their website and a couple general ideas. I had the Rosetta Stone of OPs so I had to rush over to the first forum with some people who sounded like they knew what they were doing.

I have no formal education in biology or chemistry, and I don't work for Purdue lol ... I'm just a geek in college who enjoys his euphoria on occasion. That being said, if there's anything else you need me to scour from the depths of the internet, let me know.

Should this lead to a successful technique, I will be accepting tips :). In the mean time, I'll be reading every experiment along the way.

Ahhh... someone was going around saying alcohol PREVENTS gelling but I suspected it wasn't true. If Peg 400 is soluble in alcohol, it seems that even if I do that epsom salt trick to remove water from everclear 151, it will still cause gelling. So here some options:

1.) 190 Everclear (not sure if its the ethanol/water that is causing the gelling, or both, but purer ethanol will be better regardless. This can be found online)
2.) Find a non-denatured ethanol 100% online (this might be hard, but I think they are out there)
3.) Find a denatured ethanol (probably easier than #2) that is denatured with something that is easily evaporated, so it wont affect the experiment (a lot of ethanols are denatured with methanol, which may be BENEFICIAL to the experiment provided it is THOROUGHLY evaporated
4.) Methanol - I am not sure if this will gel or not, but we have to be very carefull with this one. I dont think it is nescesary, because please note that extractino was over 60 minutes. Ethanol will do the trick just fine over 2 hours - 3 hours. Patience is worth the less toxic substance.
5.) Another Solvent? IDeally we want something that is oxycodone soluble, but poly/poly 400 INSOLUBLE so ti doesn't gel. I know there are a lot of solvents that dont cause gelling because my original acetone & MEK experiments didnt gel. I guess if we have to keep it gelling, we could just eat the gel but that doesnt help the snorters / ivers much.

Before when i had some gelled up goop, I heated it a bit and noticed scum started floating to the top. Maybe if you keep adding water and boiling, we can remove all the scum from the top, provided it is not holding too much oxycodone in it? THis is something to try--- there has to be a way to seperate the scum from the water / alcohol.

Here is an exerpt from my previous post:

Polyethylene glycol

Temperatures:

Boiling point : 250 ° C (would be impossible to remove from water with boiling it seems since it boils so much higher than water. It is possible, however, that temperature changes might 'seperate' the solutions so we can siphon the water out.

Pour Point (lowest point at which the liqud will flow): 4 C (Since it seems its freezing point is a lower than waters, the water should be able to freeze while the polymer is still liquid. We may be able to remove it this way)

Solubility:

Soluble in water, methanol, benzene, dichloromethane and is insoluble in diethyl ether and hexane. Poly is soluble in both aqueous and organic solvent. I personally observed it being insoluble in acetone and M.E.K.

Oxycodone HCL

Temperatures:
Melting Point @ (518 degrees F) 270 - 272C (now we know Oxycodone HCL can be safely boiled without being destroyed, right?)

Solubility:

Oxycodone Hydrochloride occurs as a white, crystalline powder. It is freely soluble in water, in methanol and in acetic acid (100), sparingly soluble in ethanol (95), slightyly soluble in acetic anhydride, and practically insoluble in diethyl ether.

Side Note Possibility: Chloroform is an effective solvent for alkaloids in their base form and thus plant material is commonly extracted with chloroform for pharmaceutical processing. For example, it is used in commerce to extract morphine from poppies and scopolamine from Datura plants.

This plays exactly into what Purdue says and what we've tried--- Ethanol & Methanol = Soluble in both Poly & Oxy. This poses a bit of a problem... I think the best choice might be acetic acid if it is insoluble with Poly 400, but the problem is most acids are mixed in a water solution right? So that might not work either... Also, Acetone does seem to be slightly soluble with oxycodone so if u have enough acetone it should get most of the oxycodone out in an extended period of time. Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Yo! I soaked OP80 shreds in 151 proof everclear for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, and ate the gunk. It was NASTTTTTTTTTTTY!!! Jesus... I got a 3cc oral syringe and put some soda in my mouth, and squirted the goop in my mouth and swallowed and I didnt even taste it.

Long story short-- I got FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED up! its been 2 hours and I am still warm and fuzzy and high. I think this is the way my friends.... as far as eating at least. If you dont wanna do everclear, i'm sure some 100 proof vodka or even 80 proof will do fine. You'll just have to soak it longer. The Purdue site showed 80 proof liquor working good.

looks like we wont be able to snort/iv this way but for drinking tis fine