• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

You guys need to catch on!! The topix forum on OP 80's has already solved our problems.

This just worked 100% last night.

1. I grinded up my OP 80 with a hose clamp (it was very hard and hurt my fingers so try to use something better)

2. Spread it out evenly on a ceramic plate

3. Microwave and watch very carefully until the powder is a yellow or gold (mine was about 2:30 and make sure you dont burn it!!!)

4. Let the plate cool for a sec then put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes

5. Scrape that shit up maybe crush it up a little more and snort the shit out of it!!!!!

It does burn a bit more than the old ones, but it worked perfectly for me no bs.

wow... i've been reading it but it sounds like complete bullshit so I never bothered.

What potency does it feel like it is compared with the old OCs when snorted? Does it have that nasty gel in your nose?

Microwaves make things as hot as 220 degrees Fahrenheit. That sounds like it might be hot enough to destroy oxycodone, but i am not exactly sure at what temperature oxycodone is destroyed. Anyone know?

UPDATE: I decided to attempt this strange experiment with some OPs I acquired. It started browning the middle faster than the outside, so when I stopped it there was still some white powder on the edges but most of it had browned. The room kind of smelled like burned plastic. I fridged it first, than transfered to freezer (so I wouldn't have a super hot plate crack in the freezer) and took it out and scraped it off on to the table. The mixture looked horrifying--- salty white chunks mixed with brown and black chunks which created a burnt plastic shitfest medley. Not very pleasing to the eye, and I fear this "burnt plastic" might be carcinogenic or something. The OP undergoes a chemical reaction and becomes completely altered by "microwaving"-- that is apparent.

Anyway, I scraped it up and chopped it up. You really need a razor blade for this; I only had a knife.

I sent it up my left nostril and it instantly clogged it a little bit "similar to the OPs" but not too badly... it tasted bad and I felt a burn in my sinus and head.

I must have put 25-30mg of powder on that plate and I must say.... I think I feel the onset of an OC snort here. I was very skeptical about it but it seems to absorb better somehow. When I put my finger in my nose, I dont get any stringy stuff. I've been kinda high all day so its hard to tell whats going on here.

In conclusion, I think this "MAY" work, but I highly question the long-term safety of snorting burnt plastic up your nose, and I'm assuing it will be less efficient since some of that OC has got to be destroyed in the microwaving. It is worth a shot if you are desperate, but this is by no means the end-all solution. We need to get pure oxycodone dissolved in water so we can transfer it to a clean powder, not dissolved in burnt plastic....

Last edited:
Oxidizing the Hypromellose

just curious, why do you need to microwave the whole pill prior to crushing? what does this do?

You don't. THe originator of this method posted a bit later that the first step was unnecessary.

There is a paper online that says that hypromellose and some other gellers lose their gelling capability when oxidized. This probably explains why burning the powder stops it from gelling.

Has anyone considered whether dissolving the powder in Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) would be another effective means for oxidizing the hypromellose? If so, it probably would be more even than using heat to oxidize it, and would not risk damaging the oxycodone. It could also be easily evaporated, leaving a powder from which the "plastic" could be easily removed. Question is, would the gelling from the water in OTC H2O2 preparations interfere with the oxidation?

"Microwaves make things as hot as 220 degrees Fahrenheit. That sounds like it might be hot enough to destroy oxycodone, but i am not exactly sure at what temperature oxycodone is destroyed. Anyone know?"- jaystyle

I know the melting point of oxycodone is 424-428 degrees Fahrenheit and the melting point of polyox(which it seems to me is the new gelling agent) is 154.4 degrees Fahrenheit....that makes me think there really is something to this microwave method. I don't however know if oxycodone can be degraded at high temps that are still below it's melting point. I posted a few entries about this and the hydrogen peroxide idea in that "defeating the new oc time release" topic earlier, but it's all theory for me as I haven't tried any experiments on the OPs yet...

wow... i've been reading it but it sounds like complete bullshit so I never bothered.

What potency does it feel like it is compared with the old OCs when snorted? Does it have that nasty gel in your nose?

Microwaves make things as hot as 220 degrees Fahrenheit. That sounds like it might be hot enough to destroy oxycodone, but i am not exactly sure at what temperature oxycodone is destroyed. Anyone know?

UPDATE: I decided to attempt this strange experiment with some OPs I acquired. It started browning the middle faster than the outside, so when I stopped it there was still some white powder on the edges but most of it had browned. The room kind of smelled like burned plastic. I fridged it first, than transfered to freezer (so I wouldn't have a super hot plate crack in the freezer) and took it out and scraped it off on to the table. The mixture looked horrifying--- salty white chunks mixed with brown and black chunks which created a burnt plastic shitfest medley. Not very pleasing to the eye, and I fear this "burnt plastic" might be carcinogenic or something. The OP undergoes a chemical reaction and becomes completely altered by "microwaving"-- that is apparent.

Anyway, I scraped it up and chopped it up. You really need a razor blade for this; I only had a knife.

I sent it up my left nostril and it instantly clogged it a little bit "similar to the OPs" but not too badly... it tasted bad and I felt a burn in my sinus and head.

I must have put 25-30mg of powder on that plate and I must say.... I think I feel the onset of an OC snort here. I was very skeptical about it but it seems to absorb better somehow. When I put my finger in my nose, I dont get any stringy stuff. I've been kinda high all day so its hard to tell whats going on here.

In conclusion, I think this "MAY" work, but I highly question the long-term safety of snorting burnt plastic up your nose, and I'm assuing it will be less efficient since some of that OC has got to be destroyed in the microwaving. It is worth a shot if you are desperate, but this is by no means the end-all solution. We need to get pure oxycodone dissolved in water so we can transfer it to a clean powder, not dissolved in burnt plastic....

sound like you need to spread the powder out better on the plate and watch it carefully because mine is more of a gold than a brown and for sure NO BLACK.

dont overcook them thats the only way you can really fuck this up

Tried the coke method a second time, this time with a whole OP 80. I let it sit for less time however - about 6-7 hours. It hit me like a truck 10 minutes after drinking. My girlfriend is actually nodding from her own concoction.

It's strange doing oxy this way... it's almost like drinking booze because of the terrible taste. Anyway, I think the key is to let it sit for as long as possible to maximize the effect and I'll try again tomorrow.

I have 90-100mg sitting in a shot glass of water... gonna give it 24 hours. I can tell it is gelling up the water and making it real thick... one good thing about using acetone instead of water was that it prevented the gelling--- I suppose what that means is that in H2O, Oxycodone is soluble but so is the plastic stuff, and with acetone, only the oxycodone was soluble (I believe....). Oxycodone has been proven to be very soluble in water so I think water is a good idea for a solvent in terms of freeing up the oxycodone, but there will be extra gunk in the water that wont be easy to get out.

Soooo... after my recent research, I am fairly convinced that ANY solvent that oxycodone is soluble in we can do a full extraction if we wait at least 14-18 hours. The key is to find something that is SOLUBLE for oxycodone, but INSOLUBLE for the plastic crap.

Acetone & MEK appear to be INSOLUBLE to the plastics, but its effectiveness with oxycodone is unverified.

Once I wait 24 hours for my OP to dissolve in water, I am not sure what to do with it since it will be so thick and gunky. Im sure if I drink it i'll get near instant release effects since im pretty sure the oxycodone will be released from the plastic and be unbound int he H20 to some extent. I might just do that for my first experiment, and if it works right then I can try other things. Not sure if there will be an easy way to convert it to snortable powder like i originally planned since the solution will be very thick and probably not absorb in powder well. I am hoping if I heat it up maybe it will seperate or something. IM gonna try a few different ways to seperate the gel. Anyway, will report what i find. Let me know any suggestions you can think of

Last edited:
Ksa says it's not doable people (something about a turd in a punch bowl I think). Might as well close down the thread.

Oh, u think we should try to extract the oxy hcl with a solvent? It would be nice if purdue would have developed a 63 page PowerPoint presentation on the subject. Oh wait, they did!!

How very novel of you!

What's not doable? If you're talking about releasing oxy that's perfectly doable, I was talking about obtaining a powder that is not an irritant.

Important Data & Analysis: Oxycodone Release

Fact: Oxycodone will release itself into almost any oxycodone soluble solvent 100% over enough time. The medication is a 12 hour release, so lets assume in 24 hours we can get 100% of the oxycodone out of the new forumulation.

Evidence - Quote from Purdue:

"The 18-hour time point for these experiments is included for reference and it’s part of our approach to define the failure limits of the formulation. One has to appreciate that this is a product intended for dosing every 12 hours.
So you’re correct. Should one elect to lay a tablet in a glass of water for 12 hours, to be therapeutic, the oxycodone needs to be released from the formulation."

Issue: We would like to extract the oxycodone into a solvent while leaving the gelling agent, Polyethylene Oxide & Polyethylene glycol 400, behind. Otherwise, it will be difficult to create a sniffible powder / IV solution. Oxycodone is notoriously famous for being highly water soluble, but unfortunately so is the gel (hence why it becomes a shitstorm in water).

Possibility #1 Find a substance that is OXYCODONE soluble and Polyshitfuck INSOLUBLE. This way, after 12-18 hours, we will have a solution with oxycodone hcl dissolved in it which we can evaporate / drink / etc, which is free of the polymer.

POssibility #2 Shred the pill and dissolve it in water. Oxycodone HCL should be released from the matrix, but the gel will be dissolved in water as well. We will have to remove the gel with this method somehow--- This may be able to be done by playing with high and low temperatures to seperate the water from the gel.

Relevent Data: (copy and pasted from a variety of scientific websites):

Polyethylene glycol

Temperatures:

Boiling point : 250 ° C (would be impossible to remove from water with boiling it seems since it boils so much higher than water. It is possible, however, that temperature changes might 'seperate' the solutions so we can siphon the water out.

Pour Point (lowest point at which the liqud will flow): 4 C (Since it seems its freezing point is a lower than waters, the water should be able to freeze while the polymer is still liquid. We may be able to remove it this way)

Solubility:

Soluble in water, methanol, benzene, dichloromethane and is insoluble in diethyl ether and hexane. Poly is soluble in both aqueous and organic solvent. I personally observed it being insoluble in acetone and M.E.K.

Water

Boiling Point 100 C
Freezing Point 0 C
(easy enough)

Oxycodone HCL

Temperatures:
Melting Point @ (518 degrees F) 270 - 272C (now we know Oxycodone HCL can be safely boiled without being destroyed, right?)

Solubility:

Oxycodone Hydrochloride occurs as a white, crystalline powder. It is freely soluble in water, in methanol and in acetic acid (100), sparingly soluble in ethanol (95), slightyly soluble in acetic anhydride, and practically insoluble in diethyl ether.

Side Note Possibility: Chloroform is an effective solvent for alkaloids in their base form and thus plant material is commonly extracted with chloroform for pharmaceutical processing. For example, it is used in commerce to extract morphine from poppies and scopolamine from Datura plants.

Notes:

We know both oxy hcl & poly are insoluble in Ether so we can rule that one out. THey are both SOLUBLE in water so we should either rule that out, or find a way to remove poly from the water/oxy mixture since water would be the safest & easiest solution-- I am experimenting with this as we speak.

Oxy HCL is highly soluble in acetic acid so this should be our next attempt, and perhaps ethanol. even though it is only slightly soluble in ethanol, the solution is just to use more ethanol and that should dissolve all of it, right? I am thinking of leaving it in 100 proof vodka for 18 hours.

We are still unsure if acetone effectively dissolves oxycodone--- in my experience, it seemed to work reasonably well but I only did it once.

If someone wants to do further research on the solubilities here that could be helpful so we can find the right solvent. Right now, it sounds like the following are good ones to try:

Chloroform (known to be great with alkaloid, strong enough to break down polymers quickly)

Acetic Acid (known to be highly oxycodone soluble)

Ethanol -Should be sufficient to dissolve oxycodone, unsure if it wil gel?

Acetone - Poly gel does not dissolve in this, and it seemed to have oxycodone dissolved in it. An extended dissolution (8 - 12 hours) might work well with this. One guy on this forum reported success by using the acetone to break down the polymers, then dissolved the gunk in isop. alcohol which was apparently very soluble. AFter evaporating it, he reported very pure oxy hcl powder. I pmed him asking to expand in here on his experiment hopefuly he posts soon.

Good luck everyone, I hope you guys use my research to help expand.

Last edited:
Yo

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/TH55RSHFFBVACGDR7

read that it is the real man who gets the credit for this.

the microwave/freezer technique really works and it isnt very hard at all

He's the guy that deserves the credit, when people start dropping dead from inhaling burnt plastic.

I snorted for years, used a spike for years, and went back to eating them when the formula changed. When a legitimate extraction is found to extract this garbage from the finished product. Only then will the old methods come back into play. For me that is.

Jay, I don't think 100 proof vodka is going to give you a good result. If you're going to go this route, grain alcohol is the way you want to go.

Monkey Grease

Microwave Technique - Creating Monkey Grease

So some guy from Topix and ppl on BlueLight have been talking about this microwave technique. At first I thought it was complete bull, but out of desperation I tried it and found the results to be "interesting". Although it is not some masterful solution to our problem, it does appear to turn the OP into a somewhat snortable powder that doesn't gel and seems to get you high. There are issues (health effects of this burnt plastic crap? loss of potency possibly) but its worth looking into. Anyway--- I just did it and took pictures and added some useful techniques to the method. Enjoy:

1.jpg

First I washed the coating off with a wet paper towel. Then, I used a nail file on the end of my swiss knife to grind it down into a fine powder. Now--- notice how I arranged the powder in a CIRCLE on the plate. I did this because microwaves cook from the middle out. THe first time I put it as a pile in the middle and it started cooking the middle first, and by the time the outer powder was brown the middle was burned. Arrange it in a circle as wide enough to make it so you can have a thin flat line, and it will all cook at the same time.

2.jpg

I placed it in the very center of the microwave. Here is a pic of the monkey grease still white

3.jpg

After 3:30min (this time might be different with your microwave, depending how wide your circle is and how powerful your microwave is) notice how the powder is noticeably brown and cooked. It all cooked at once because of my circle method--- always monitor it so you can remove it as soon as all the powder is brown.

4.jpg

Here is the monkey grease on a plate unscraped. With a pot holder (very hot), I took it out of the microwave and put it in the fridge for 5 min to cool it down. Freezers are unnecesary because it can crack your plate from temperature extremes, and the fridge works just fine (less condensation too)

5.jpg

I scraped the monkey grease off with a razor blade. Notice how it is a nice golden brown (cooked perfectly--- not like my first time that was all black and burnt and mixed with white uncooked chunks)

6.jpg

I cut it vigorously with a razor blade to make the chunks as small as possible. Work hard to chop it repetitively to make the substance a fine powder. Here is my total yield from one OP80, MINUS one line. I took a pic with 3 lines but it didn't come out, so after snorting one I took a new pic, so imagine this + a another equal size line.

So far I have snorted 2/3 of the lines (53mg) and I feel a proper ass buzz! it clogs the nose a little and burns too--- not as wonderful as the old OCs, but it definately works and it seems to work well. After hitting this 53mg line up, I'd say it feels like I just shnozzed 40-45mg so the potency and yield seems pretty good considering I pay less for these than OCs. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my post and I am interested to hear what you guys think about this method.... perhaps someone can research the effects of this "burnt" polymer and see if you find any relevant health info? I dont think its safe to snort this too often, but then again, neither is snorting the old OCs (has known lung carcinogens... we shoudl really stop these shananighans....). If this broke the time release effectively, this opens other possibilities (oral, iv, etc). If it dissolves in water, we can extract the OC and transfer it to a "safer" powder minus the burnt plastic...

Last edited:
^i don't think "cooked perfectly" is the right expression

you're not extracting anything either, just cooking a pill. and who knows just how safe(irritable) that end brown powder is to snort after a period of time.

Polyethylene glycols and aqueous polyethylene glycol solutions can be sterilized by autoclaving, filtration or gamma irradiation. Sterilization of solid grades by dry heat at 150oC for one hour may induce oxidation, darkening and the formation of acidic degradation products. Ideally, sterilization should be carried out in an inert atmosphere. Oxidation of polyethylene glycols may also be inhibited by the inclusion of a suitable antioxidant.

FYI 150C=300F

Urea may be an excellent option as a Solvent to help break down the bond of the Polyethylene Oxide (PEO), and from what I recall is water soluble as well as Non toxic. Granted you cant get it from Home Depot or Lowe's, but it should be available from most any Scientific chemical/reagent Supply company with out any restrictions or special licenses.

Not sure if anyone out there has access to this, but it would definitely be a very good option to look into in our efforts to separate/breakdown the Goo that is produced by the PEO.

I haven't really spent anytime following this thread. I won't explain. I did spend a day reading about solubility of the various constituents of the new oxycodone formulation. There are several, of course, because the idea was to create a complex matrix to defeat simple extraction like one might have done in the past with water.

Let me tell you what I don't like about the things I've read on this site. They seem to lack any quantitative analysis. For instance, if I were to devise a method for extracting oxycodone hydrochloride from this mess of adulterants I'd add some more information to show to any degree that I had had some success, like how many mg's I had upon separating one from the other. Apart from that it's hard to tell what is working and what is not working and what is working to a degree, possibly an unsatisfactory degree. Anyway, to no surprise, I took 40mg of the new OP formulation and so I started reading again.

So, it seems to me that hypromellose is the main thing to remove but, of course, there are others (BHT or, Butylated hydroxytoluene, is the first on the list of inactive ingredients and I assume it's the largest constituent...of course, it's a phenol and any NaOH wash will remove this. It will make your oxycodone hydrochloride into oxycodone freebase but that is not a real issue). I found a journal article that deals with aspirin in a hypomellose tablet. This is a good comparison study because aspirin is very soluble in water as is oxycodone hydrochloride. Unfortunately, hypromellose is also soluble in water and forms a polymer system upon the introduction of water that makes separation very difficult. In the article I read (most of anyway) they made up tablets of ~50% aspirin and ~50% hypromellose. It was found that concentrations of 40% ethanol and greater retarded the formation of the gelatin-like polymer that occurs upon the addition of water. Water, of course, is a great extraction solvent because the oxycodone has been made into an organic salt for the purpose of making it soluble in water and, thus, greater bioavailability is created. Anyway, I am theorizing that everclear (in my state it's 75.5% ethanol and 24.5% water) would be a decent solvent for extracting oxycodone hydrochloride because even the minimal amount of water will extract oxycodone.HCl very easily but the increased ethanol seems to keep the desired effect of the adulterants from doing what they are designed to do in the presence of water. Anyway, this will be what I try first.

I might add that I never really thought something like this would be the answer and still don't. I imagined that we'd have to dissolve the binders in a solvent that oxycodone hydrochlorise was not soluble in and then move on to acid/base extraction (this is only viable in large quantities, of course). I still think that the best yields upon extraction will be reached by dissolving the adulterants in a non-polar that will not dissolve oxycodone hydrochloride and then performing a base extraction but for those wanting to just extract a reasonably pure oxycodone that might be smoked or...dare I say...even injected without using lots of processes that are hard for the average user to understand or do on a small scale will be to comprimise by using a solvent that has selectivity towards oxycodone hydrochloride and very little solubility for other ingredients in the tablet. For now, I am thinking an ethanol/water co-solvent might be the best bet. Here's the link:

http://www.callumconsultancy.com/articles/InfluenceOfEthanol.pdf

Moriarty

P.S. I am a very busy person and did not read the entire article but think it a decent way to proceed based upon what I've read so far. I will be experimenting myself very soon.

P.S.S. Oh yeah, if I was doing any of this on a large scale the answer would be OBVIOUS. The gelatin/congealing nature of the adulterants decrease with larger and larger solvent volumes. This means that if one were to dissolve 100 80mg tablets of oxycodone hydrochloride in 4 liters or so of DH2O then the gelatin effect would be completely overcome by the shear volume of water. One might do an acid base extraction of 100 tablets with 4 liters of 5% NaOH and just extract 3 times with a non-polar solvent and move on. Period. The extractions would then be pooled and titrated carefully, as excess acid is detrimental to most opiates like oxycodone, and dried to provide a very high concentration of VERY pure oxycodone.HCl. This involves large solvent values and WILL work but it's a real bitch to deal with these large excesses of fluid volume and is only worth it if one does 100 tablets at once. I will probably try this second on a micro-scale at 10 tablets. If less than 750mg of oxycodone hydrochloride is produced I'll be surprised and abandon this idea immediately.

Hey Moriarty,

Thanks for contributing. Just for reference, the gelling agent / tim matrix is not caused by the Butylated hydroxytoluene or hydromellose, it seems to me to be Polyethylene Glycol 400 and Polyethylene Oxide. The hydromellose is just a "lubricant", and the hydroxtoluene is not mentioned as part of the gelling agent / time matrix. Polyethylene is the polymer that is regarded as the main addition to the old OCs to give tghem the gelling agent and sophisticated release mechanism.

If you did read the thread, you'd see some people including myself took a lot of time out to give detiailed information and report on their findings. It might not be kosher according to the scientific method, but since none of us are professional chemists, we can only report in layman's terms and not give you specific mgs as if we have sophisticated devices to measure so.... accept this thread for what it is, and if you want to contribute more detailed experiments we would appreciate it.

Now, in regards to the content of your statements, I feel that oxycodone hydrochloride is soluble in more solvents than the polyetheline is, so it would make more sense to dissolve the oxy hcl and leave the gel behind, rather than the opposite of extracting the plastic and leaving the OXY HCL behind. I mean, we just want to remove a small hcl salt, while the polyetheline is a huge and molecularly heavy sophisticated polymer....

I am interested for you to try the ethanol experiment and I plan to do so myself. Maybe bacardi 151 would do the trick or some other high alcohol product? There has also been some reported success with isopropyl alcohol. Id' like to get everclear but i d'ont know where to get it unless it is denatured...

THanks again for contributing, and I look forward to your experiment details

I haven't really spent anytime following this thread. I won't explain. I did spend a day reading about solubility of the various constituents of the new oxycodone formulation. There are several, of course, because the idea was to create a complex matrix to defeat simple extraction like one might have done in the past with water.

Let me tell you what I don't like about the things I've read on this site. They seem to lack any quantitative analysis. For instance, if I were to devise a method for extracting oxycodone hydrochloride from this mess of adulterants I'd add some more information to show to any degree that I had had some success, like how many mg's I had upon separating one from the other. Apart from that it's hard to tell what is working and what is not working and what is working to a degree, possibly an unsatisfactory degree. Anyway, to no surprise, I took 40mg of the new OP formulation and so I started reading again.

So, it seems to me that hypromellose is the main thing to remove but, of course, there are others (BHT or, Butylated hydroxytoluene, is the first on the list of inactive ingredients and I assume it's the largest constituent...of course, it's a phenol and any NaOH wash will remove this. It will make your oxycodone hydrochloride into oxycodone freebase but that is not a real issue). I found a journal article that deals with aspirin in a hypomellose tablet. This is a good comparison study because aspirin is very soluble in water as is oxycodone hydrochloride. Unfortunately, hypromellose is also soluble in water and forms a polymer system upon the introduction of water that makes separation very difficult. In the article I read (most of anyway) they made up tablets of ~50% aspirin and ~50% hypromellose. It was found that concentrations of 40% ethanol and greater retarded the formation of the gelatin-like polymer that occurs upon the addition of water. Water, of course, is a great extraction solvent because the oxycodone has been made into an organic salt for the purpose of making it soluble in water and, thus, greater bioavailability is created. Anyway, I am theorizing that everclear (in my state it's 75.5% ethanol and 24.5% water) would be a decent solvent for extracting oxycodone hydrochloride because even the minimal amount of water will extract oxycodone.HCl very easily but the increased ethanol seems to keep the desired effect of the adulterants from doing what they are designed to do in the presence of water. Anyway, this will be what I try first.

I might add that I never really thought something like this would be the answer and still don't. I imagined that we'd have to dissolve the binders in a solvent that oxycodone hydrochlorise was not soluble in and then move on to acid/base extraction (this is only viable in large quantities, of course). I still think that the best yields upon extraction will be reached by dissolving the adulterants in a non-polar that will not dissolve oxycodone hydrochloride and then performing a base extraction but for those wanting to just extract a reasonably pure oxycodone that might be smoked or...dare I say...even injected without using lots of processes that are hard for the average user to understand or do on a small scale will be to comprimise by using a solvent that has selectivity towards oxycodone hydrochloride and very little solubility for other ingredients in the tablet. For now, I am thinking an ethanol/water co-solvent might be the best bet. Here's the link:

http://www.callumconsultancy.com/articles/InfluenceOfEthanol.pdf

Moriarty

P.S. I am a very busy person and did not read the entire article but think it a decent way to proceed based upon what I've read so far. I will be experimenting myself very soon.

P.S.S. Oh yeah, if I was doing any of this on a large scale the answer would be OBVIOUS. The gelatin/congealing nature of the adulterants decrease with larger and larger solvent volumes. This means that if one were to dissolve 100 80mg tablets of oxycodone hydrochloride in 4 liters or so of DH2O then the gelatin effect would be completely overcome by the shear volume of water. One might do an acid base extraction of 100 tablets with 4 liters of 5% NaOH and just extract 3 times with a non-polar solvent and move on. Period. The extractions would then be pooled and titrated carefully, as excess acid is detrimental to most opiates like oxycodone, and dried to provide a very high concentration of VERY pure oxycodone.HCl. This involves large solvent values and WILL work but it's a real bitch to deal with these large excesses of fluid volume and is only worth it if one does 100 tablets at once. I will probably try this second on a micro-scale at 10 tablets. If less than 750mg of oxycodone hydrochloride is produced I'll be surprised and abandon this idea immediately.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, hypromellose is applied via an acetone/ethanol solvent mixture. I understand that people here have seemed to get some degree of extraction with acetone. I have doubted this but if it actually works then it works. If oxycodone hydrochloride is not soluble in ethanol (which it should not be to a large extent but it should be soluble to some minor extent) and is not soluble in acetone (which people say it is but, again, it should not be) then this mixed solvent is perfect for removing hypronmellose from all the good stuff. I'd love to see some real numbers for how soluble it is and in how much solvent per solute because, otherwise, acetone/ethanol is a solvent mixture used in industry to apply this adulterant into tablets. Thusly, it's perfect for removing the same constituents as long as the active ingredients, in this case oxycodone hydrochloride, are not also soluble in the solvent mixture. If we are so lucky as to find it not suitable for manufacturing oxycodone OP tablets, and that oxycodone hydrochloride is not soluble in this solvent mixture, then the solvent pair used in the formulation of other tablets will be more than adequate for dissolving said tablets. But that is an unlikelihood. Still, I will probably try it.

Hey Leftwing---

I tried to make it clear that this could have potential safety hazards...

however, as you know I started this thread and my main goal has been to use chemical extraction to find a SAFE way to get oxy hcl out. I did that microwave experiment though and I gotta tell you i am VERY impressed with it. I truly believe that by cooking that pill, chemically, it is releasing oxy hcl and destroying that polymer or something because I get REALLY high with that stuff..... SOMETHING is going on and it needs to be investigated.

If cooking that pill really releases the time matrix, we can look into starting there as an extracting point to make a safer powder / solution. I am gonna try tommorow or the day after--- cooking the pill, extracting oxy hcl with water, and transfering to a safer powder like vitamin b.

Thanks for your concern I agree as well this should not be done recklessly. I did look up the new polymers and google and found that it is considered non-toxic and a PREVENTATIVE against cancer possibly.... it mighit not be so bad as you think.

^i don't think "cooked perfectly" is the right expression

you're not extracting anything either, just cooking a pill. and who knows just how safe(irritable) that end brown powder is to snort after a period of time.

Well, polyethylene glycol has been used in a similar manor in pseudoephedrine tablets. The same sort of design was attempted by chemists to deter clandestine chemists from obtaining pseudoephedrine from tablets for manufacture of methamphetamine. The purification methods became increasingly complex but, on the lower side of complexity, tablets were boiled in xylene (which can, of course, generally be replaced by toluene as xylene is generally used to replace toluene with less specific results...I mean to say toluene is generally better than xylene but they are, in most cases, interchangeable) to remove those adulterants and then the right amines were extracted via more traditional routes. This had been my uneducated guess for this extraction. That is, to get rid of most of the adulterants by boiling in xylene and letting cool. Filter. Dry (drying is easier in lower boiling solvents like toluene). Then reform the hydrochloride salt and do the f'ing drug.

I have no special knowledge of the situation but we can get through this together. The guy that formulated this is a Ph.D. but it is very hard to come up with something that a chemhack like myself can't crack. They are at a disadvantage as separating products is a matter of common chemical practice. I don't know what ethanol/H2O will do but I will try it. I think that a selection of solvents, like chloroform or dichloromethane, will remove all the adulterants with little active drug removed. But let me emphasize that just expanding the amount of solvent from which to extract (like making really diluted NaOH solution) and then extracting will work no matter what they have conspired to do. In the end, it's impossible to truly make any drug not able to be separated from bullshit. Their goal is just to make it more difficult and expensive to do the same thing. They know making it impossible is just that, impossible. Let us all do some experimenting and, in the mean time, let me thank you for experimenting. Regardless of your qualifications (mine are not that remarkable...having a degree in Biblical Studies does little to make one qualified to extract oxycodone from whatever they are mixing it with), you and I should be able to find a high yielding extraction for oxycodone hydrochloride from all manor of adulterants. We just need to read and work. After that it's all over. The only question is if we can make it cost effective but, then again, the price of 80's has dropped to 1/2 to 1/3rd of what it was so I can imagine making this very viable and cost effective. We will, in fact, extract pure oxycodone hydrochloride from these new tablets in large volume and the overall price will decline as the street value of an 80mg oxycodone extended-release tablet has decrease from $40 a tablet to $15-$20 a tablet. Thank you Purdue for finally decreasing the value of street drugs ;-)!!!

Moriarty

P.S. Actually, if memory serves pseudoephedrine was primarily adulterated with candella or carnuba wax. Either way, these things are easily defeated.

Last edited: