• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

^^^

As long as you clean and sterilize them. And don't reuse an actual needle.

Thanks for the info Mr.Scagnattie

Do you have any suggestions on what to do to sterilize those big syringes? Is there any technique or chemical that I should use to clean them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleach and water works very well. It sterilizes and studies have been done that show it kills all blood borne viruses in 99.9% of syringes.

Here's a quick guide for cleaning a syringe:

1. Find a work area and clean it. Bathrooms are okay, but kitchens are better. Regardless, make sure that the area in which you are going to work is as clean as you can get it.
  2. Wash your hands.
  3. Rinse the syringe with cold water several times. This can be done in any number of ways. (a) Draw clean water into the syringe from a small receptacle of water, and flush the contents into the sink. (b) Remove the plunger from the syringe and pour the water into the syringe barrel; replace the plunger and flush the contents into the sink. (c) Start the faucet flowing at a steady rate; draw water into the syringe directly from the water flow flush the contents into the sink. Note that this last procedure can be difficult to do well.
  4. Pour regular household bleach into a small clean receptacle. If bleach is unavailable, you can use isopropyl alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
  5. From the small receptacle, draw up bleach into the syringe until the barrel is about half full.
  6. Pull the syringe plunger out as far as it will go without detaching it.
  7. Shake the syringe for about a minute.
  8. Empty the syringe contents into the sink.
  9. Empty and clean the bleach receptacle. Do not reuse the bleach.
  10. Rinse the syringe several times with cold water

Hello Bluelight, I just placed an order for more micron filters, this time I accidently ordered the nylon (Marked on the micron filter as PA 0.2um) style filters instead of the getting PDVF (Polyvinylidenfluoride) style filters like I usually buy. My question is, are these nylon filters going to be acceptable to use for injecting pills, mainly subutex, or do I NEED to use the PDVF style micron filters? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Q) How many times can I use a single micron filter?
A) Once, ideally. They are guaranteed sterile, but once you've used them, they are no longer sterile. As time goes on, bacteria can build up inside micron filters. So, you should create a bulk quantity of solution with a single micron filter. This is the safest way to utilize micron filters. The liquid inside of the filter can be building bacteria as time goes on, and you wouldn't know this. There's liquid that's already passed through the filter. So yes, a micron filter would filter out bacteria, but you can't ensure there isn't bacteria that's growing on the other side of the filter. This is the problem with letting a micron filter sit around for another use - this is an inherently bad idea. Only use your microns once. Prepare more solution if you're going through them quicker than you expected.

There's a simple solution to the bacteria issue, which will free you up to re-use your filter. Draw Lugol's iodine through it, thus impregnating the filter with a potent bacteria fighter. Given that, what is the mechanical limitation on how many times you can use a filter?

Do you think it would be sufficient? ->

Iodine and iodophors are effective against lipid-containing viruses, bacteria and fungi but exhibit variable activity against mycobacteria, non-enveloped viruses and bacterial spores. Iodine can stain fabrics and environmental surfaces, is neutralized by organic matter and is generally unsuitable for use as a disinfectant. However, iodophors and tinctures of iodine are good antiseptics. Several advantages of iodophors include:

-a wide spectrum of anti-microbial and antiviral activity
-a built-in indicator; if the solution is brown or yellow, it is still active
use as a preoperative skin antiseptic and surgical scrub

Note: Iodine can be toxic and antiseptics based on iodine are generally unsuitable for use on medical/dental devices. Iodine should not be used on aluminium or copper.

http://ehs.research.uiowa.edu/826-iodine-and-iodophors

but exhibit variable activity against mycobacteria, non-enveloped viruses and bacterial spores.

The stuff we're working with isn't exactly filled with bacteria -- pills, plastic, and water.

Last edited:
Wow cool as fcuk i wish i knew about these wheel filters when the diconal was everwhere 5-10 years ago. I might have some veins left if they was even if they was one of larger filters allowing more through crap through. I want some wheel filters im based in GB, for prepping mst continus.

IF available i assume the 60mg or 100mg tablets would be better to use than the lower dose ones. According to my scales the 5mg,10mg,15mg,30mg,60mg and 100mg all weigh 150mg no matter what strength the pill is. The big green 200mg tabs weigh 300mg. What sort of wheel filter would i need a combo one ? Ideally id want the 100mg in no more than 2ml of water (60mg per 1ml is maximum according to wiki) Would the pill be safe to I.M after a wheel filter as i cant I.V now due to lack of veins. Either that or i consider going back on duragesic as oral morphine IS NOT doing nothing for me at the moment. Do GB needle exchanges give these out ????

If there not giving them out they should be, it could save lives !

Thanks bluelighters respect to all :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I missed this being discussed. I've read through this Megathread, the IV, Oxycodone, searched Google and tried to find a way to do this.
I want a way to filter a large amount of pills at once. I have the storage methods down with the help of The Cap'n and many other informative posts, but the filtering is where I am losing my DOC

For my example say there are 50 Roxys, so the little blue-green K8s which are Oxycodone IR 15 mg and for every 7 Roxys I add 3 of the M4 Dialudid, which are 4MG, so
50 roxys and 21 Dillys. I crush it all in a pill crusher and get it powder fine, so fine no fans and the vent is closed.
Normally I draw through a cotton out of a shot glass, but I know I don't get it all. The cotton gets saturated, its a fight. I get as much as possible then run through a micron (Whatman brand .2u, PVDF) I start out trying to draw up through a cotton made from a cotton ball using a 5ML syringe with a 27 ga needle. It usually gets clogged with cotton, but I keep screwing with it, eventually I'll remmove the needle and just draw into the syringe, but you'll have to stop to run what you've collected through the filter and into thee vial, then go back to drawing through cotton. I've tried different size cottons, using cotton balls, and the ends of Q-tips. Name brand and off.

I'm thinking filter through a stainless strainer.
See I can push 1 or 2 roxys through the .2u filter but around there it clogs, but if I had just a little bit of a filter ahead of it I think I'd be set. I've considered the .4 filters, but probably still too small and will clog.
Coffee filter would work, but how do I keep from losing a ton of product trying to basically do a cwe on these to filter out binders / fillers.

Any ideas?
Sorry if this has been beat to death, I couldn't find it.

I see all these post about micron filtering and Im wondering about using this for fentanyl gel? Ive been dooing fent for over a year by letting gel dry then mixing the flakes left over with citric acid to break down into fentanyl citrate. Then cook ever so shortly add water to make 4ml and divide that into shots of 10 to 20. but am i doing this right? has anyone come up with a way to extract fentanyl from the gel type to be turned into a iv solution? Im looking for better ways of doing this as to not waste the drug and a little bit safer. Can someone please help? And dont tell me not to do this swim has been doing this for a long time

Im getiing some crystal grade product soon, rc, supposed to be 99% purity etd. Coming domestic.

Im wondering if it prepares into a clear water soluible solution, is filtering needed even? Maybe less than micro filtering? Thanks for any input, dont tell me not to.

A useful tip for trying to figure out how many pills you can get through one filter...

The current solution I am using, I used 7.5 pills in 30ml. This makes a 2mg/ml solution.

Even with pre-cotton filtering (the cotton took up 2-3 CC's of a 25CC syringe - when compacted), I needed to use two micron filters. I probably could have put more than 7.5 pills through by the time I was using the second filter, because though only half of the solution got through the first filter, I think that is due to the insoluble inactives going through the filter first.

You can do the last step upside-down if you are careful, it's kind of tricky. You don't want to pull the micron filtered solution back through the micron filter into the syringe, so you have to be careful not to do that.

Once it gets hard to push upside-down, you have to flip it right side-up if the needle tip's bevel is not above the level of the solution in the vial, so as to prevent pulling your solution backwards through the micron filter.

When it gets hard to push anymore, you can pull the plunger backwards to pull in whatever's clogging the filter, so you can try pushing more in. This may or may not be a simple solution to only using one filter for you, depending on how much you're putting through the filter.

Without pre-filtering, and using enough pills, micron filtering may need more than one or two; hence why I strongly suggest to pre-filter with enough compacted cotton, and to possibly do the last step upside-down if you are trying to prevent the micron filter from getting clogged.

For example, when I micron filter a specific smaller pill, just eight of them is enough to clog the filter as I performed it in the pictures. However, if I do the last step upside-down with the same 8 pills, the inactives drop to the bottom of the syringe, and the above water is fairly clear. This way, the micron filter doesn't have to get clogged until the end of the solution is being filtered. Additionally, it's a lot easier and takes much less time and energy. :)

You don't want to pull the micron filtered solution back through the micron filter into the syringe, so you have to be careful not to do that.

Why? I do this constantly, I push 10mL of crushed dex solution through a red 1.2µm filter, then draw the entire filtered solution back up and push through again.

he means back through the micron filter dirtying the sterile side with what you just filtered, it should be a "one way flow". You dont wanna push it through it then suck it back through the micron filter adding everything you just filtered out back in the solution, do you?
I know what you mean, you just interpreted wrong.. its fine to take the filter off, suck back up, put the filter back on and push back through.

I think CH just meant dont suck it back through the filter.

-HOOD

Flushing back n forth through micron filters

he means back through the micron filter dirtying the sterile side with what you just filtered, it should be a "one way flow". You dont wanna push it through it then suck it back through the micron filter adding everything you just filtered out back in the solution, do you?
I know what you mean, you just interpreted wrong.. its fine to take the filter off, suck back up, put the filter back on and push back through.

I think CH just meant dont suck it back through the filter.

-HOOD

No no, I mean I push it through, pull it all back "without removing the filter", then push it through again.

EDIT: I'm concerned that I'm losing drugs. I'm noticing a change in viscosity when I flush back n forth. If I only push, the filtered solution is somewhat syrupy, buy when if push-pull, the resulting liquid less viscous.

Last edited:
So I scored 100 x .2um and 100x .45um Whatman Syringe Filters for a total of EUR80. What a bargain!

The membranes are made from regenerated cellulose. Should this be of any concern? It seems the only difference is that PVDF has a higher throughout/less resistance while RC is a lot more eco-friendly and compatible with a broader range of solvents (e.g. DMSO, amides, ketones, esters, and ethers).

Enlighten me. PVDF seems the material of choice here, but I don't see why.

Im getiing some crystal grade product soon, rc, supposed to be 99% purity etd. Coming domestic.

Im wondering if it prepares into a clear water soluible solution, is filtering needed even? Maybe less than micro filtering? Thanks for any input, dont tell me not to.
It's never necessary. You can shoot straight up pills ot street amphetamine (cut with caffeine pills), but eventually your lung will be a total mess which i likely to cause the premature end of your life.

With the 99% pure "crystal grade" product (if it's coming from china, do not believe those figures lol), there might still be contaminants, especially bacteria. It's pretty unlikely that you will catch an infection without the filtering, but if pathogens are in there in sufficient amounts or your immune system has a weak spot for the respective pathogen, the consequences can be grave to say the least.

It's not very unlikely there are bacteria in the drug. One scenario would be E. cloacae because somebody didn't properly wash his hands after wiping their ass, but pretty much any other type of bacteria (none of them belong in the blood) could be found because someone touched or just breathed on (!) the substance.

You have to decide whether you want to take that risk. Given relatively clean material, infections are very rare. However IF the chemical is contaminated with bacteria and they do cause an infection, you can catch such fun conditions as spinal osteomyelitis, tuberculosis, endocarditis, meningitis, the list is endless really.

So, it's up to you. If you don't want to invest 200 Euros or more for the filters, keep an eye out for them on "online auction houses" (cough cough). Like I said, I scored some for 20% of the usual price which makes filtering single shots an option.

A word of warning regarding preservation with benzyl alcohol:
Benzyl alcohol at a concentration of 0.9% will not immediatel kill all bacteria. Should you contaminate your prepared liquid somehow, keep in mind that the bacteria might be present for as long as two weeks. It would be best to refilter your material in such a scenario!

Another word on the osmolarity of your solutions:
You should bring the solution to an approximate isotonic concentration. Both hypoosmolar (~below 150mOsm/L) and hyperosmolar (sometimes above 600mOsm/L, but definitely above 900mOsm/L) fluids can cause some considerable tissue damage, most notably phlebitis and ulcers.

This is why Captain Heroin warned about injecting straight bacteriostatic water, NOT due to benzylalcohol toxicity which is minimal. The LD50 is around 1g/kg in rats.

So this really goes for all liquids you inject, be it tap water (which has a higher base osmolarity than destilled water), destilled, isotonic (0.9% NaCl) or bacteriostatic water. That is precisely why NaCl as a starting point is a very bad idea. It already has a physiological osmolarity, so everything you add will mean a shift towards hyperosmolarity! Benzyl alcohol does not have any osmolarity because the molecule is not charged, so we would treat it the same as distilled water without benzyl alcohol.

I have personally made the experience of extravasated liquid of a solution with 900mOsm/L and had an ulcer form within minutes that took months to heal. No fun.
Here is an article that gives you an idea of the osmolarity of various liquids: http://www.rxkinetics.com/iv_osmolarity.html

Osmolarity is the number of molecular charges found in a given volume of liquid. Across (cell) membranes liquids are drawn towards that side of the membrane with higher osmolarity, striving towards reaching an equilibrium. If the osmolarity of a liquid is too low, water is drawn into cells which youl cause hydrolysis of red blood cells.
On the other hand when osmolarity is too high, cells will essentially be sucked dry. This has the potential to do considerable damage to your veins, subcutaneous tissue and skin!
Add to this the damaging properties of some chemicals, e.g. ketamine causing vasoconstriction, ischemia and ultimately cell death at sufficient concentrations.

Generally, you should calculate the needed amount for isotonic osmolarity like this:

Find out the molecular weight of your drug. This is the mass in gram that 1 mol of the substance weighs. Then proceed as follows to find out the amount you need for 1ml of liquid to reach 300mOsm/L (isotonic osmolarity):
(Molecular weight in g/mol) * (0.0003mol/ml) * (1000 mg/g) = (needed substance in mg for 1ml of liquid)
or:
(Molecular weight in g/mol) * (0.3 (mg*mol)/(ml*g)) = (needed drug in mg for 1ml of liquid)

The molecular weight you are looking for is not just the specific weight of the substance that is listed on sites like wikipedia, but you have to add the weight of the conjugate acid as well, usually HCl but sometimes much larger acids are used to form salts.
So always add the molecular weight of the acid, for HCl this is 18g/mol.

Here are a few example for various substances, assuming the substance has high purity. Remember that the range that is still acceptable is between 50% and 200% of the calculated mass (to be safe 70-150%, but cave: the range is not as easily calculated for NaCl solution or tap water):
Heroin HCl: (369.41g/mol + 61.13g/mol) * (0.0003mol/ml) * (1000 mg/g) = (430,54 * 0.3) mg/ml = 129,16 mg/ml; Safe range: 90,41 - 193,74 mg/ml
Heroin Acetate: (369.41g/mol + 60.05g/mol) = (429.46 * 0.3) mg/ml = 128.84 mg/ml; Safe range: 90.19 - 193.26 mg/ml
Cocaine HCl: (321,36g/mol + 61.13g/mol) = = (382.491 * 0.3) mg/ml = 114.75 mg/ml; Safe range: 80.33 - 172.13 mg/ml
DMT Fumarate: (188.27g/mol + 116.07g/mol) = (304.34 * 0.3) mg/ml = 91.30 mg/ml; Safe range: 63.91 - 136.95 mg/ml
Methamphetamine HCl: (149.23g/mol + 61.13g/mol) = (210.36 * 0.3) mg/ml = 63.11 mg/ml; Safe range: 44.18 - 94.66 mg/ml
Amphetamine sulphate: (135.21g/mol + 98.00g/mol) = (233.21 * 0.3) mg/ml = 69.96 mg/ml; Safe range: 48.97 - 104.94 mg/ml
Amphetamine phosphate: (135.21g/mol + 98.08g/mol) = (233.29 * 0.3) mg/ml = 69.99 mg/ml; Safe range: 99.99 - 214.26 mg/ml
MDMA HCl: (193.24g/mol + 61.13g/mol) = (254.37 * 0.3) mg/ml = 76.31 mg/ml; Safe range: 53.42 - 114.47 mg/ml
Buprenorphine HCl: (467.64g/mol + 61.13g/mol) = (528.77 * 0.3) mg/ml = 158.63 mg/ml; Safe range: 111.04 - 237.95 mg/ml
Midazolam HCl: (325.78g/mol + 61.13g/mol) = (386.91 * 0.3) mg/ml = 116.07 mg/ml; Safe range: 81.25 - 174.11 mg/ml

For tap water you should subtract 0.000028mol/ml from 0.0003mol/ml, ending up with a factor of 0.272 instead of 0.3.

Now assume you would dissolve 25mg of Heroin in 0.1ml NaCl. This would end up having a molarity of 900mg/ml, while the same amount in bacteriostatic water would come out as roughly 600mg/ml. Both can be damaging, but the NaCl solution will unleash hell on your veins!!

0.9% NaCl is only recommended for substances which require extremely low doses, e.g. LSD or Fentanyl. These would either yield a hypoosmolar solution or you'd be using a tiny amount of liquid.

Of course you could ignore my advice without noticing any acute damage unless the solution ends up in extravasal tissue. However, your veins are likely to suffer long term damage.

I will try to structure this a little better and cut it down a bit. I'd also like to ask those who are familiar with the topic, to look over it and point out any mistakes I might have made. There are probably a few in there, so practice caution and calculate these values yourself. Happy slamming!

I'd also be happy if some of you could tell me which concentrations they have been using, to see if my advice is useful to some of you and you aren't all in the safe range anyway.

Last edited:
filters ... what, how, WHERE?

hi all. ..
I've been browsing blue light for years and finding answers to many questions, but this is my first time posting.
I have been shooting oxycodone for years but only using cotton filters and for various reasons would like to learn about proper filters now.
I've read many posts where "micron" and "wheel" filters are referenced, but I've never seen any information about how/where to OBTAIN them.
Can anyone direct me in this area?
Thank you so much - I'm so glad you are all here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks WF... but I'm confused. Why can't I use SWIM? I am only following what seems to be the norm here. .. I didn't know what it was until I read it on this site.
As I said, this is my first time posting, so I appreciate any guidance, but when what I'm told conflicts with what I've seen, it's difficult to understand.
Trying to learn.

A
Adderall is one of those drugs you do NOT want to shoot.
IV amphetamine is so fucking lame. I've done it plenty of times. Just 2 days ago I had about 200mg of pure amphetamine sulfate intravenously. I dosed again and again and again because I didn't feel shit. There never is a rush, but this time I only felt miniscule effects, if any at all. Shortly thereafter (90min) a friend came over and told me that I was very calm.

Well, once the effects wore off I was stimulated for over 50h, I actually still am. Have slept 3h in the past two nights (1h and 2h respectively)... Fuck that!

I have a question and am trying to clear up some confusion.

I want to take 3.5g of methamphetamine and dissolve it in an aqueous solution and store it in a sterile vial. In the FAQ it says to use 0.9 bacteriostatic water for storage but not for injection, so I'm assuming I need to dilute with sterile water but I'm not sure how much.

I want to have it set up so drawing 10 units in a syringe is equal to 100mg of methamphetamine. Would it be OK if I pulled up say 20 units for 200mg and then drew up an additional 20 units of regular sterile water for a 50/50 dilution?

I have searched around and haven't found the exact answer I'm looking for and I understand the rest of the process so far.

If anyone has any tips or advice or a how-to for creating an IV methamphetamine premade vial solution that would be extremely helpful, I am curious what people have done in the past.

I have a question and am trying to clear up some confusion.

I want to take 3.5g of methamphetamine and dissolve it in an aqueous solution and store it in a sterile vial. In the FAQ it says to use 0.9 bacteriostatic water for storage but not for injection, so I'm assuming I need to dilute with sterile water but I'm not sure how much.

I want to have it set up so drawing 10 units in a syringe is equal to 100mg of methamphetamine. Would it be OK if I pulled up say 20 units for 200mg and then drew up an additional 20 units of regular sterile water for a 50/50 dilution?

I have searched around and haven't found the exact answer I'm looking for and I understand the rest of the process so far.

If anyone has any tips or advice or a how-to for creating an IV methamphetamine premade vial solution that would be extremely helpful, I am curious what people have done in the past.
I made an extensive post on the last page, both about what water to use or what to add to it and about what concentration is safe for various drugs in order not to cause tissue damage due to a hyper- or hypoosmolar solution. Osmolarity is the number of charged molecules (ions) per volume of water. Each Methamphetamine HCl has two charges and so have most other salts that are relevant when it comes to injecting drugs (e.g. NaCl = table salt).

If the osmolarity is too high (over 600mOsm/L) or too low (under ~280mOsm/L), your tissue will not enjoy coming in touch with it (cells die). Some sources claim tissue damage can happen at an osmolarity as low as 350mOsm/L!

Here is a quote from the post:
Methamphetamine HCl: (149.23g/mol + 61.13g/mol) = (210.36 * 0.3) mg/ml = 63.11 mg/ml; Safe range: 44.18 - 94.66 mg/ml

- The figures go for distilled water.
- For tap water 57mg/ml would be closer to the physiological osmolarity
- Do NOT use 0.9 % NaCl solution at these methamphetamine concentrations!

You would end up with an osmolarity of close to 500mOsm/L when using 100mg Methamphetamine HCl per ml distilled water, with tap water a little over 500mOsm/L. Remember that some sources claim anything below 350mOsm/L can do damage to your cells.

You *could* do 100mg/ml, but physiological osmolarity is a little below 300mOsm/L. At 600mOsm/L however much of the solution ends up outside of your veins is highly likely to cause tissue damage. At 900mOsm/L you will definitely destroy any cells that come in contact with the solution.

Now if you were using saline as your carrier (0.9% NaCl in distilled water) and mixing 100mg into each ml, you would end up with an osmolarity of 800mOsm/L! That is why using saline is a very very bad idea in this case (and in most other cases). I once had missed a shot with a solution of right around 900mOsm/L before and instantly (within minutes!) got an ulcer that took 2 months to fully heal. The biggest vein on my forearm was almost entirely destroyed, eventhough I only extravasated a tiny bit of liquid. Now imagine someone would IM such a solution...

Regarding the bacteriostatic water, just use 9mg benzyl alcohol per ml water and let it sit for 2 weeks if you want to make sure the solution is sterile.

Summary:

-Do not go over 100mg/ml, imho that is already too high, 57mg/ml (using tap water) - 63mg/ml (using distilled water) would be much healthier in terms of keeping tissue integrity.
-Do NOT use saline solution!!!
-Use 9mg/ml benzyl alcohol and give the alcohol two weeks time to sterilize the solution

Keep in mind that pathogens located on a used needle or on the outside of the vial can still contaminate the solution in theory. The benzyl alcohol won't instantly kill everything. However, people usually get away without using any adequate safety measures, injecting all kinds of dirt particles and ass germs into their bloodstream. :D Your body does have an immune system after all.

Be that as it may, if an infection hits you, it can possibly be lethal if left untreated, but such an infection (e.g. cellulitis) can even kill you when it is treated in a timely manner. Even if you survive (the odds are on your side), you'd end up with nasty scars (or even an amputated limb) and potentially embarassing/revealing situations...
Better safe than sorry. But I guess you know that or you wouldn't even bother to post here. ;)

EDIT: Most people don't take osmolarity into account at all and won't even notice any acute damage. Tiny amounts of solution always end up outside of the veins though and in the long term the tissue layers around your veins will suffer significantly, leaving them less elastic which can be felt through your skin (they feel hard and inflexible eventually). Poking a needle through such tissue is much harder than through healthy veinous walls.

Last edited:
I made an extensive post on the last page, both about what water to use or what to add to it and about what concentration is safe for various drugs in order not to cause tissue damage due to a hyper- or hypoosmolar solution. Osmolarity is the number of charged molecules (ions) per volume of water. Each Methamphetamine HCl has two charges and so have most other salts that are relevant when it comes to injecting drugs (e.g. NaCl = table salt).

If the osmolarity is too high (over 600mOsm/L) or too low (under ~280mOsm/L), your tissue will not enjoy coming in touch with it (cells die). Some sources claim tissue damage can happen at an osmolarity as low as 350mOsm/L!

Here is a quote from the post:

- The figures go for distilled water.
- For tap water 57mg/ml would be closer to the physiological osmolarity
- Do NOT use 0.9 % NaCl solution at these methamphetamine concentrations!

You would end up with an osmolarity of close to 500mOsm/L when using 100mg Methamphetamine HCl per ml distilled water, with tap water a little over 500mOsm/L. Remember that some sources claim anything below 350mOsm/L can do damage to your cells.

You *could* do 100mg/ml, but physiological osmolarity is a little below 300mOsm/L. At 600mOsm/L however much of the solution ends up outside of your veins is highly likely to cause tissue damage. At 900mOsm/L you will definitely destroy any cells that come in contact with the solution.

Now if you were using saline as your carrier (0.9% NaCl in distilled water) and mixing 100mg into each ml, you would end up with an osmolarity of 800mOsm/L! That is why using saline is a very very bad idea in this case (and in most other cases). I once had missed a shot with a solution of right around 900mOsm/L before and instantly (within minutes!) got an ulcer that took 2 months to fully heal. The biggest vein on my forearm was almost entirely destroyed, eventhough I only extravasated a tiny bit of liquid. Now imagine someone would IM such a solution...

Regarding the bacteriostatic water, just use 9mg benzyl alcohol per ml water and let it sit for 2 weeks if you want to make sure the solution is sterile.

Keep in mind that pathogens located on a used needle or on the outside of the vial can still contaminate the solution in theory. The benzyl alcohol won't instantly kill everything. However, people usually get away without using any adequate safety measures, injecting all kinds of dirt particles and ass germs into their bloodstream. :D Your body does have an immune system after all.

Be that as it may, if an infection hits you, it can possibly be lethal if left untreated, but such an infection (e.g. cellulitis) can even kill you when it is treated in a timely manner. Even if you survive (the odds are on your side), you'd end up with nasty scars (or even an amputated limb) and potentially embarassing/revealing situations...
Better safe than sorry. But I guess you know that or you wouldn't even bother to post here. ;)

EDIT: Most people don't take osmolarity into account at all and won't even notice any acute damage. Tiny amounts of solution always end up outside of the veins though and in the long term the tissue layers around your veins will suffer significantly, leaving them less elastic which can be felt through your skin (they feel hard and inflexible eventually). Poking a needle through such tissue is much harder than through healthy veinous walls.

Thanks for the info but now I'm more confused. 1cc = 1ml as I understand it. So if I were to have my meth diluted in bacteriostatic water to be safe I would want it at roughly 60/mg ml. So to do a 200mg shot I would need to inject over 3cc's of liquid? That doesn't sound right.

My brain isn't working right today so I apologize, but perhaps someone can simplify this for me:

Lets say I have 1g (1000mg) of methamphetamine. How much bacteriostatic water would I add to the methamphetamine to safely dissolve it. Then when it comes time do inject, do I inject the bacteriostatic water solution straight up or do I have to further dilute that solution with a specified amount of sterile water beforehand?

I want to be able to safely inject between 100mg and 250mg of meth at a time while only having to use a 1cc syringe. Is this achievable and if so, how would I do it. The information you have provided might have saved my life; I've been taking 20 units of saline and mixing it in 200mg of methamphetamine and injecting it with a 1cc syringe for the past month...