• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

It will still destroy your veins over time from the manual puncturing, which has downstream effects on your circulatory system and blood delivery. Plus it’s no fun when you’re like me and they gotta PIC like you for medication :(

Took me couple decades to learn - harm reduction is not harm elimination. Daily drugs, especially via IV admin have long term implications.
Word yeah I hear yah, I'm thinking in my head of an occasional once every weekend or so thing so no repeated trauma anymore, but I know the slippery slope. But you know those urges you get after long periods of sobriety (like 2 years for me now) or MAT "Sobriety" and you're like ehhh I wanna feel a lil somethin.

Nope, still a particularly dangerous habit to get into. I would just take the meds as they are designed to be taken. The minor buzz you might get is not worth dying for, believe me.
Yeahhh its aight I used to do it daily forever ago with no issues, can't imagine having issues trying Micron + one time thing, but I hear ya, the positives still don't outweight the possible negatives.
I haven't IVed anything in over a decade. I actually found the post where I unceremoniously said, "yeah fuck this I'm never injecting anything again unless its in an ampule/vial". The post was part of a thread about o-dsmt, which I had been injecting the night before.

That said im still covered in scars from it. It is pretty damaging to the body. I'm still not above technically, I just vowed to not inject anything that wasn't 1) in a vial or ampule 2) veterinary grade or 3) expired. Which pretty much rules out everything.
Nice job bro. Dunno how hypochondriac prone you are but I'd remember getting in these negative thought loops after I injected (especially if I missed a little and there would be little lump) of overthinking and wondering if I'd done irreparable damage for a quick shitty high ya know? Gotta be thankful we're able to grow out of that shit lol

100% you are never going to remove all risks/harm from injecting non injectable substances. always better to stick to only buffered/IV preparations. micron filtering is unquestionably much better, and as i said - as harm reduced as you can get. but it's reduction.
there will still be consequences. if i really wanted an experience like that in my life i wouldn't do it more than a couple times a year. I used to IV a lot of dilaudid pills, and it's most certainly affected my lung function. I'm w @negrogesic no more IVing non IV preperations for me.

and my original response is NOT from experience. Just from knowing that a seriously small micron filter and removing as much as possible from a solution will always be the least risk. I have IVd pills, but not sub films specifically. im sure other users are more knowledgeable. There could be water soluble binders/gel
that are a part of the film that would be an actual part of the solution and hence not filterable, or dyes that are toxic. I'm not certain, but I do know I have always heard that shooting subs is risky period.

Merged with megathread

Thoughts on Filtration Media for 0.22µm Syringe Filters Available on UK Amazon
Hey chaps (♂️+♀️)

I've been looking into 0.22μm syringe filters and I've been pondering different materials for best results.
Nylon, 0.22 micron, 25mm diameter, leur-slip, sterile at about £1.00 each seems to be best.
I chose nylon because it can be autoclaved at 120°C without depredation, so I thought you might be able to sterilise / unclog by three reverse flushes.
I chose 3 flushes because in my training for handling agrochemicals I discovered that glyphosate that was stored in a 1.0 gallon plastic container, when empty, if you fill to 20% full with water, give it a good sloosh about, pour the rinse water out, let it drain for 30 seconds & repeat 2 further times 99.9989% of the glyphosate that was coating the inside of the container is removed. Or there's 0.0011% remaining if you prefer. (Makes you wonder about homeopathy eh?)
Anyway, nylon is also hydrophobic meaning it's next to impossible to actually get wet. So that would cut down on losses of your active ingredient by your aqueous solution not adhering or soaking into the filtration media.
Plus, it binds well with proteins so even fragments of living bacteria, spores & viruses have a good chance of having a protein molecule or two about their person & nylon's protein binding performance would help yet again.
I'm new to this subject this evening so I may be Dagenham up the wrong tree. Am I missing anything?

Cheers!

Pharmanaut ☮️

Last edited: