• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Thanks for the info but now I'm more confused. 1cc = 1ml as I understand it. So if I were to have my meth diluted in bacteriostatic water to be safe I would want it at roughly 60/mg ml. So to do a 200mg shot I would need to inject over 3cc's of liquid? That doesn't sound right.

My brain isn't working right today so I apologize, but perhaps someone can simplify this for me:

Lets say I have 1g (1000mg) of methamphetamine. How much bacteriostatic water would I add to the methamphetamine to safely dissolve it. Then when it comes time do inject, do I inject the bacteriostatic water solution straight up or do I have to further dilute that solution with a specified amount of sterile water beforehand?

I want to be able to safely inject between 100mg and 250mg of meth at a time while only having to use a 1cc syringe. Is this achievable and if so, how would I do it. The information you have provided might have saved my life; I've been taking 20 units of saline and mixing it in 200mg of methamphetamine and injecting it with a 1cc syringe for the past month...
Well, I'm afraid that it's a trade off. With Ketamine I won't go past 100mg/ml and it's about 50% heavier than Methamphetamine. I would prefer injecting less than 3ml, but it just isn't very sustainable that way. I would suggest you use 70mg Methamphetamine HCl for each cc of bacteriostatic water. No need for any benzyl alcohol since it's in there.

The pH of the liquid should ideally also kept close to physiological pH, but with buffered solution you would be best off to stay even much lower than that concentration. With a strong acid and a weak base methamphetamine in water should be slightly acidic, right? The healthiest is definitely a slow infusion of a relatively large amount of liquid, ideally even with a buffer to keep the pH neutral. I am not sure if the drop would be significant enough for damaging tissue, probably not. Maybe you could tell us. :)

Another factor to consider is damage specific to the respective chemical, e.g. ketamine is a vasoconstrictor and will contribute to tissue becoming necrotic, only when there's enough ketamine and especially when it ends up outside of the vessels. I don't know about meth, probably not too healthy either. The really nasty ones are some cytostatics which will basically eat away your arm.

@Captain.Heroin, I want to personally thank you for all of your harm reduction treads; this thread, especially!
You have saved me a lifetime of troubles.
You the "Man"! =D

@Captain.Heroin -A few simple questions I'm asking :)

@Captain.Heroin Hey man, thanks for the nice post! I have a few questions. 1st, can you wash the micron filters? I mean like using a washing machine/dryer so I can kill off any thing that has been growing on the bags I have. 2nd, I have micron bags for cannabis oil extractions, as in, 'bubble hash'. I have used them before making hash but cleaned them very well in the sink with boiling hot water and had no problems getting the binders, & etc.. out of a pill before but I still want to make sure before I fuck up badly and hurt myself. Now these bags are for hash so I'm not fully sure if they will get all of the binders, & etc... out. Please respond when you can I've had great disappointment today and to top it off, I had to deal with a childish adult family member that lashed out at me for nothing just because I decided to not go visit them today so that person got drunk and did what that person has done many times in the past to make me feel bad, or make me feel like I'm in the wrong when I am all that person has. Now I'm not a junkie with pills or drugs, in that sense, but I've had this aggression, aggravation, depression, etc... Built up for many years of my life & try my hardest to keep walking it off or solving the certain altercations/personal problems I have the best and most appropriate ways possible. None of this is your problem or need to worry or even care, I just wanted to let you know that I'm new to the use of needles. I've injected once before but knew none of this and was very lucky not getting a major health problem(s)/addiction in general. Thank you again for this great mega post! It has helped out a lot of people and is helping me out right now, as I type :) Please respond quickly like I said, I just want to feel happy as soon as possible. (Yes, I know that drug use/abuse isn't the answer for most people, but for me, well... It's a lot to go into but let's just say having many problems at my age & the age I first experienced horrible problems that aren't even normal in a society like this is a everyday struggle. Just like the next person in this world & some people/children have it so much worse I know but in order for me to stay sane & clear headed/not killing myself or someone else due to my PTSD I prefer an easy way out of this constant pain. Not just mental/emotional, but physical as well due to me never going to the hospital for broken bones & displaced bones/displaced organs due to a accident that occurred many years back, when I was about 12 and a 1/2. I can't fully remember every instance where I got hurt severely because of many head injuries that went unchecked as well, sadly enough.)

Last edited:
I'm going to to do this for my suboxone and make big enough batches to make it cost effective. how soluble is bup? Anyone know? I know like morphine is only like 60mg per ML... i'd like to figure out how to make like a 10/20 unit = 1mg solution or something like that.. unless its super caustic on my viens and i need to dilute further.. i figure it would lessen the chance of missing and the complications that come with that... but im bad at math and dont know how soluble bup is per ML.. With 8mg pills maybe 8/16 units would be easier per 1mg.

Got a couple of days before payday when i'm going to order the supplies.. but i've just been using a 3ml syringe stuffed with cotton to filter and that makes me nervous..

any help or ideas would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

I had a quick question about the whatman luer lock filters. I googled them and they seem like the price of them would add up quickly with daily usage.
I saw a listing for "Whatman filter papers" Can i get those and simply replace the filling of the luer lock micron filter, thus saving money?
Or are filter papers for something completely different?...

Can you please read my post on this forum please :) I really need some help here homie :(

Sorry, I quit shooting up and got a lot going on in life now.

Basically what I'd do, was just run pure water through the micron filter.

It's best to use a new one with each vial you create, etc. but we know that not all of us can afford this.

I would not reuse those mesh bags for creating hash, etc. because if you've used them for marijuana before, there'll be a lot of plant matter. If you don't 100% get rid of this, injecting plant matter will be a very bad idea, and a very unpleasant outcome. I once witnessed someone (of very low intelligence) who thought shooting hash was possible.

I will one day write about witnessing them do that, but that's for another day.

If anyone has any issues with filters not able to get anything through ur probably using the wrong type. get Nylon based ones for Bupe and it works very well.

I'm looking to IV Triazolam. What ratio of Bacteriostatic Water to drug solution is ideal? I'm looking to store 10 '0.25'mg pills. (2.5mg Triazolam) The guide doesn't really give me a clue on what I'm trying here...Any helping hands?

I was going to ask about these http://www.medidose.com/filterneedle100needles.aspx - and if anyone knew if they made them with .5 or even .2u micron filters instead of 5 micron , cause it seems so much cheaper ( probably why its cheaper ) - anyway - sooo expensive if you can't afford to mix up a big dose all at once .

hey i know this was back in 2010 but ive done the same process with generic Oxycontin here in aus, Sandoz OC 40s, but i did a .22um filtration on some heroin n as i pushed it through i lost so much like90% of it, is that the same?

I have been trying to obtain some micron filters. When I Google search for them, I just get a bunch of sites that just talk about them, or just a bunch of confusing links that don't make any sense and I get lost. I was also wondering if they are usable with insulin syringes? If not can someone show me some links to places where I can buy all the supplies I need and tell me exactly what I need? I have been reading here and looking on BL for places, but most of the links are expired and aged out. Any help in obtaining the stuff I need would be great. Thanks guys. I just have been IV'ing a long time and have been very conscious of what I am doing to myself lately. I have trashed most of my veins, and would just like to be safe as possible these days. Thanks again

Hi sm0kestack I also just started looking into real filters to protect the veins I have left. Luckily I've only been injecting about 5 months so hopefully I didn't do too much damage yet. I just searched "syringe filters" and you will find websites that sell them. The online medical supply stores seem to only sell them in like sets of 100 (which cost around $100) but you can get smaller amounts to try off eBay or Amazon. Luckily I only got 10 at first from eBay cuz I got Nylon which was wrong for Dilaudid pills (I saw this thread after and just ordered 10 of the recommended PVDF .22 micron filters off eBay from China but haven't received them yet). On eBay I searched "syringe filter" with or without "micron" added or to find the specific ones I wanted "PVDF filter." You will need syringes with detachable needles to use the filter cuz it screws on the end to push the liquid thru. All my syringes etc. I buy from Allegro Medical online because they are cheap and shipped super fast But they don't have the filters I need. Hope this helps!

I have a quick question. I shoot dilaudid and still a beginer. I use spring water cause i have it on hand but should i be using like distilled? I havent had any complications except after hitting a site severeal times a bump develops under the site. I realize this could be anything but is it the water? To me distilled and spring are pretty close and i also realize i just set myself up for critisizm but who cares. If it keeps me safe ill be called an idiot. I never got a rig cause i didnt plan on iv'ing very long but i suppose a micron filter would be preferable. Right now its cotton. I always get a clear solution but i know that dont mean shit. I cant believe people shoot adderall. I started on that a couple months ago and it never ever occured to me. Harm reduction rocks. So, which water cause ill be doing this for awhile. Thanks yall

I have a quick question. I shoot dilaudid and still a beginer. I use spring water cause i have it on hand but should i be using like distilled? I havent had any complications except after hitting a site severeal times a bump develops under the site. I realize this could be anything but is it the water? To me distilled and spring are pretty close and i also realize i just set myself up for critisizm but who cares. If it keeps me safe ill be called an idiot. I never got a rig cause i didnt plan on iv'ing very long but i suppose a micron filter would be preferable. Right now its cotton. I always get a clear solution but i know that dont mean shit. I cant believe people shoot adderall. I started on that a couple months ago and it never ever occured to me. Harm reduction rocks. So, which water cause ill be doing this for awhile. Thanks yall
You sound just like me! I've only been shooting Dilaudid a few months now, using cotton balls and spring water, and I've given myself a few nasty bumps (the biggest was ping pong ball sized) but they've all just been from blowing veins, it's not from the water. I've been using spring water or bottled filtered water, or water filtered from my fridge but reading other sites it's just a better idea to use STERILE water, or boil whatever water you have to sterilize it. Basically the cleaner each step is the safer you are. Which is why you should also start using the micron filters. Aside from filtering the pills they will also help filter your water in general. Cotton only filters about 60% of the bad stuff out while the correct micron filter will do 95-99% Good luck!

I read the first 18 pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer. I used to IVmy suboxone but don't anymore. Even with all of the required materials to prep and store a suboxone solution for 28 days, I don't think I would go back. Just thinking of shooting thatawful colored liquid makes my blood hurt. Despite the fact that I knowledge regarding iv, I like to gain as much knowledge as I can. Anyway, I started a new account just to ask this question to captain heroin. When you make your suboxone solution to iv, you draw out a measured amount of bacteristatic (sp?) water, mix with suboxone, filter, and then inject it into a new (sterile?) vial, correct? I have never seen these vials, but are they just glass bottles with rubber stoppers? I'm curious when you insert the needle into the vial of bacteristatic water and also the empty vial, and you do this multiple times if not daily...now you have a hole from the needle in the stopper? This allows bacteria, and whatever other crap is small enough to be able to settle onto the stopper and make its way through the needle hole into the bottle, doesn't it? I guess my question is, is there anything to stop the unwanteds from getting into the vials? Or is it just the bactistatic water itself kills anything that gets in?

I re-used the bacteriostatic water vial, often. I'm probably not the shining example to live up to, but I did.

I haven't used in about 19 months. Seems like forever ago.

some vials are glass with rubber (there's some material it's made out of, not 100% rubber I'm sure, but similar in texture and feel etc) stoppers.

some are really really hard plastic (the bacteriostatic water vials pictured in post #1 are this kind). They can bend a very very very small amount if squeezed hard.

Definitely don't go back to shooting it: not worth it.

The benzyl alcohol will prevent whatever that gets in there (foreign bacteria, etc) from growing considerably for up to 28 days.

@Captain.Heroin - thanks for this; i love the sterile technique being encouraged.

I have a quick question (this is probably an obvious "yes", but want to be sure):
- Would this protocol be suitable for preparing suboxone solution for Intramuscular injection?